[PRP] Land of the Living (Sylfie/Nala) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:15 am
Should you really be up yet, Mine? From her ledge, the bright gold turned concerned yellow eyes upon her rider, assessing her state and finding it less than ideal. You still look dreadful.

"Oh, thanks," Sylfie scoffed hoarsely as she moved slowly about the weyr, hunting for something warm and comfortable to wear. She'd been lying in bed for the better part of a week after falling prey to the flu ripping through the Weyr, fevered and coughing and miserable, far sicker than she'd ever been in all her life, but still not nearly as bad as some had had it. It was late enough into the outbreak that she had known better, thanks to the examples of others, not to try to push through it and pretend everything was fine, although honestly, she'd not have been inclined to do so regardless. Lessons weren't so important to her that she'd attend them at any cost, and she'd needed no convincing to stay in bed. But the worst of the sickness had now subsided, and she was becoming restless, tired of seeing nothing but the inside of her room for days on end.

Hesperith sighed and shook her head despairingly. Won't you at least consider staying in for another day? Or perhaps a warm bath...

The young woman snorted. "I see how it is. You just don't want me wandering around because I look - what was it? - dreadful. And someone might see."

No! her dragon protested, at least having the decency to look offended and maybe just a touch guilty, because Hers knew her entirely too well. But if you want to go, she sniffed, You're on your own. I am not going to help you be foolish, nor will I be caught out with a rider who hasn't brushed her hair in six days.

Sylfie responded with a rude gesture, but did locate and make quick use of her hairbrush before dragging a blanket around her shoulders and shuffling out the door. She didn't currently share Hesperith's concerns about her appearance, even if she did look like death warmed over; she was tired of being cooped up, and she was hungry. The dining hall seemed much farther away than usual, but she'd get there eventually. The thought of real food was extremely motivating.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:45 pm
Meepfur

Nalacko was walking down the hallway, after her task of putting jars away in the storage rooms. She was idly scrubbing at some dusk marks on her cloths, wondering how she'd gotten them. Probably brushing up against the shelf or something. It really needed a dusting in there.

She was stopped by the odd side of what looked like an elderly woman walking down the hall wrapped in a blanket. If she hadn't lived her whole life here, and been at least semi familiar with the weyrwomen of High Reaches, she'd almost never have recognized the rider. Nala hurried forward to catch up, "excuse me ma'am. Do you need some help?"

It almost didn't look like she should be out of bed yet. Perhaps she could run and tell the healers? If anyone could boss a goldrider, it'd be one of them.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:30 pm
Ma'am.

If there'd been anyone else around, Sylfie would have assumed that they were the one being spoken to, not her. She'd never been ma'am'd before in her life. Was she old enough for ma'am, or did she just look that bad? Shards. She knew she couldn't possibly look good, but maybe it was even worse than she'd assumed, and Hesperith hadn't just been exaggerating.

Still, she couldn't quite bring herself to care, and certainly not enough to turn around and go back to her weyr. Even if she was at even more of a loss for what to say than usual. Sylfie pulled the blanket tighter around herself, fingers curling into it. "'m fine," she insisted hoarsely, only to amend after a pause, "Maybe not fine fine, but...fine. Fine enough."

Enough to be hungry. Enough to make it to the dining hall, rather than rely on someone to bring her food. Enough to want to be on her own two feet for awhile.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:17 pm
Meepfur

Nala sighed to herself. Blessed as she'd been as to be immune to the flu that had been striking riders, weyrfolk, and anyone else it cared to, she'd been drafted to help the healers. During her stint she'd seen plenty up and trying to walk when they barely could.

This looked to be another such case. She did sympathize with them, and the general feeling of wanted to -not- be sick. "Pardon me for saying so," she paused. "But you don't look 'fine'."

"Lean on me. We'll get you down to the dinning hall and get your stomach wrapped around some good hot soup." She smiled and put a supporting arm around the woman.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:55 pm
"...so I gathered," was Sylfie's dry response after staring blearily at the candidate for a long moment. Hesperith had already told her she looked dreadful, and had been quite concerned about her being seen in such a state, and even if no one had told her so, she would have been able to guess as much, herself. She could only assume that she looked at least as bad as she felt. It probably shouldn't have surprised her that she hadn't made it very far at all before a concerned party stopped her, but it did. There just...wasn't any reason to fuss over her! She was only Sylfie, and she was mostly-sort-of fine, whether she looked it or not.

It was really rather mortifying to be called on her current state by a stranger and, worse still, to have their arm wrapped around her. It was in that moment that she began to regret leaving her weyr. Would it have been too much to ask to make her shuffling trip to the dining hall without being noticed and helped? This was painfully awkward, and she was all too aware of how unpleasant she likely was to be close to - who wanted to be up close and personal to someone with the flu? But the girl was just trying to be nice, and she could hardly tell her outright not to be, or push her away. "You don't- You really don't...have to. I might...I wouldn't want to get you sick."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:13 pm
Meepfur

Nala didn't notice Sylfie's doubts as she tried to help her new charge toward the dinning hall. "The healers kept saying you have to take it easy while you recover." If the healers had said it, it must be very true. She tried to recall more or any specific instructions. Those sick needed to remain hydrated. Nala tried to recall if there was a broth or soup cooking at the moment. Maybe the cooks would make her some bland gruel?

"Of course I don't have to. It is something I want to do though." The young candidate smiled and patted her shoulder comfortingly. "I wouldn't worry too much about that ma'am. I was working with the healers when everyone was coming down sick. Never even got a fever." Unlike her faith-less father, who was practically on death's door if looks were anything to go by.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am
"I can't sleep for...forever," she replied sullenly, "I- I didn't even have it that bad." At least she had just been confined to her weyr, rather than relegated to the infirmary. All this fuss was silly! She was mostly fine now. Probably.

But it seemed Sylfie was well and truly stuck, ma'amed and patted and guided along her way and even more loathe to do anything about it than she was to simply allow it to happen. It was exceedingly awkward, but it would have been even more awkward for her to attempt to protest any more strongly than she already had. It would have taken an assertiveness that was elusive on the best of days, as well as risked offending the candidate, who was only trying to be helpful. That Sylfie outranked her by far was irrelevant.

"Lucky," the goldrider mumbled under her breath when the girl revealed that she was one of the fortunate ones to not come down with so much as a sniffle.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:02 pm
Meepfur

She knew those who'd gotten sick were eager to get back into things. Sometimes pushing themselves more than they should. "Ah but a pound of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure." Nala walked along for awhile, until she noticed the awkward silence. She started to sense the reluctance in the woman she helped. Suddenly the young candidate wondered if she'd made the wrong choice.

What if this woman always looked like this? She'd just assumed the woman had the flu like everyone else! Should she continue to aid a woman who might or might not need help, or apologize profusely for making a stupid mistake? For several long minutes, Nala agonized over her choices. Finally she jerked her hands from the woman's arm and bowed low.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to assume!" How embarrassing! Nala wished she could vanish between or melt through the floor.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 pm
Sylfie was content, more or less, with the awkward silence, which was a little better than awkward small talk, especially when she was only just getting her voice back. She was stuck being helped to the dining hall, it seemed, but at least the candidate...meant well? That was something, she supposed. But then, all of a sudden, the girl let go and backed away, taking her by surprise. She blinked at her in wide-eyed confusion, and was absolutely mortified when she bowed.

What- Now the girl was upset, all of a sudden, and Sylfie was at a loss as to why. Had...had she maybe only just realized who she was? Or, more appropriately, what she was? That seemed the likeliest explanation. "It's, um, it's...okay?" she croaked. "Y-You were only trying to help."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 pm
Meepfur

"Yes, but I shouldn't have assumed that you needed the help just because a lot of other people have gotten stick with the flu." How embarrassing. Would it be more embarrassing to continue or simply leave? Nala looked up at the woman. "I should have listened when you said you didn't need the help." She took a deep breath. Might as well. The damage was done.

"It's up to you. If you want help I'm your girl. If you'd really like for me to leave, I can do that too." She stood waiting for the woman's decision.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:34 am
Sylfie couldn't help but stare, inner panic rising, as she was at an absolute loss. She didn't want the girl to be upset or embarrassed, but at the same time, she didn't really want help. But the candidate had only been trying to be nice, and she couldn't tell her to just leave. Well, she could, but she didn't want to make her feel any worse, even if in doing so she would avoid further awkwardness for herself.

"I, um." Shaff. What was she supposed to do?! "I...I think I can make it, but you could come...come along, maybe? In case I'm wrong?"

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:45 pm
Meepfur
Hahah all sorts of awkwards! XD I don't think she realizes Sylfie rides a gold yet. They should meet again after she gets better!

Nala looked up slowly. Her cheeks a deep blush. There was no avoiding the awkward situation. She'd still be slightly embarrassed if the rider asked her to leave, simply because she'd assumed something. Thankfully there was no one in the hallway to see her goof. She considered the offer. The rider probably knew her own strength and was aware she didn't need help from any stupid candidate. The fact she offered to let Nala walk her the rest of the way, showed she was probably trying to avoid the awkward herself.

"I know you don't need help." A complete reversal from earlier. She'd been so use to those in the infirmary trying to walk and do stuff before they were totally ready. But this woman wasn't in the infirmary. No, she'd been in her own weyr. Undoubtedly the healers wouldn't have allowed her to remain if they felt she really needed close attention. "It would please me to see you safely to the dining hall miss."  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:02 am
She was really beginning to think that she should have lsitened to her dragon and stayed in for awhile longer, if only to avoid the colossal mess of awkward her attempted walk to the dining hall had become. Getting out had seemed like a great idea not all that long ago, but if she'd known something like this would happen, she would have stayed in. She was here now, though, and giving up and going back wouldn't erase her original decision, so onward it was.

"...okay." With a nod, Sylfie gathered herself and straightened, and started off on her intended path again. "I, um. I'm Sylfie, by the way."

magnadearel
awkward for daaays. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:00 am
Meepfur

The young woman had no idea what was running through her new acquaintance's head at the moment. She was only waiting for the word to be on her way. Now she had to remember what she'd been thinking about doing before all this started. Nala was sure it wasn't that important, and that eventually she would remember.

It surprised her when the woman accepted her offer. She stared a moment then fell in beside her, keeping just enough distance so that everyone would know the woman was walking on her own, but close enough so that she could catch her if needed. "Hello Sylfie. I'm Nalacko."  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:05 pm
Okay, this was...this was doable, maybe. She still felt daft, and ridiculous, and altogether horribly embarrassed, but she could blunder through it somehow. She hugged her blanket more tightly around herself, as much for reassurance as for warmth, and continued her ambling journey towards the dining hall, very conscious of where she placed every step. She did not want to fall, or even wobble, especially after asserting that she would be just fine and could make it on her own. How mortifying would it be if she couldn't?

"N...nice to meet you," she said after a pause that she allowed to hang for just a little too long. "I...I hope I'm not keeping you from anything important." Because Sylfie was definitely not.

magnadearel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces