Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 pm
houllow

S'del had thought that holding the man's hand would have yielded more awkwardness, and yet, now that their hands were gently glasped together, he found that it wasn't nearly as strange as he might have thought. Any over-thinking he might have done was blown away by the words that spilled out of the ill greenrider's lips, and if S'del's cheeks colored some it could not be helped. While the words were unexpected, though, they were not untrue, and the smile that crossed his features was genuine. "I'll hold on as long as you'd like," he assured, but once again, the poor stranger seemed to be distressed. "It is nice," he added confirmation, before quickly deciding to give A'ye an easy out. "I mean, I'd probably want a little contact if I was holed up in the Infirmary all this time, too. Without having Oyath near, and nothing but healers, it's probably a nice change, yeah?"

There. He could validate the greenrider's feelings, as well as give the man an easy way to back peddle. Still, S'del was glad for the surprise -- it made him feel good, for all that another part of him was sure it was just A'ye's fever and sickness.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm
"It's...really nice. It's been so long since I've had contact with someone else." It'd been a while since he'd gone to see his mother and play with the children, so he was missing out on the affections that normally came with his visits. He also had been ill for quite some time, and the touch of healers was not really something anyone would consider nice or kind or wanted.

As for being with Oyath, the feel of hide beneath one's hand was nothing compared to the feel of flesh. "I'd almost forgotten how warm someone can be." A'ye had to fight the urge to raise his hand to the level of his eyes, to press skin to cheek and feel the warmth there. It was so odd how comfortable he felt, how much calmer he was now that the misunderstanding had passed and he felt safe.

Of course the moment couldn't last forever, and no sooner had A'ye decided to let go did he start coughing hard again. "!!" His body shook with each heavy cough, and he quickly released S'del's hand so he could turn away and cover his mouth. His vision was starting to blur with how badly each cough hurt, and he curled himself over in an effort to alleviate some of the pain.

Uta

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:30 pm
houllow

The more A'ye confirmed that the contact was well received, the more his alarm dissipated. In fact, the man felt as if the original fuss hadn't even happened, and he kept his hold on the others hand without trouble. "Understandable," he confirmed with a nod. "But I suspect you'll be out--"

Uh-oh. He was going to say he thought A'ye would be out soon when he immediately began coughing. That didn't bode particularly well. His brows knit again, and his mouth grimaced as he watched the poor man handle the coughs that wracked his body. He wanted to pat the man's back, to help try to break down the mucous that was causing the other to suffer so -- but he refrained. He didn't want to make anything worse or startle the man again. "Can I do anything to help, A'ye?" He asked quietly. There wasn't much he could do except talk at him. But he could read, he could hum a few bars, maybe tell him some sort of story or tale. He could also just leave him be, let him rest.

Still, he reached over to grab a cloth, one he could offer A'ye when he seemed to be in somewhat more stable condition. Something he could use to wipe up any spittle or mucous, something to wipe his mouth and hands with, if he so desired. "I wish I could do more." There was regret in his words, pain at seeing how wretched this sickness could make a person. He almost regretted not being a better healer -- maybe then he could be caring for A'ye, and the others that came in -- without having to wait for clearance.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:42 pm
A'ye wasn't exactly in any state to move or reply, as his whole body tried to pull in on itself in an effort to alleviate the pain. The coughing wasn't letting up and it felt like at this rate he was going to pass out. Eyes wide, he attempted to turn and look at the man to just....get some sort of comfort.

Thankfully he didn't have to move much, or if at all, as a Healer suddenly swooped in between the pair. Another quickly followed, and they ushered S'del away from the man as the first healer attempted to give A'ye something to drink to ease the coughing. "You can come see him later, or he'll come and see you." The healer spoke polite but firm, leaving no room for argument. "For now, he's resting. Have a good day."

The greenrider was in no shape to respond, as he was blocked from view by the fussing healers, though he'd certainly wished to say goodbye.

Uta

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:24 pm
houllow
Little tiny wrap tag.

S'del would have stayed, would have held his hand, or petted his hair -- but the healers came over and ushered him away. He glanced away from the healer, back to A'ye coughing on the bed, and gave a little nod. "Uh, sure, yeah, no..that's fine. Sorry A'ye! I hope you feel better soon! I'll see you 'round!" He called out over his shoulder, even as the healers swarmed the bed. He wanted to say something smoother, something cooler, something more reassuring, but he also wasn't about to fight the healers.

If they said he needed rest, then he needed rest... and likely some privacy. Clearly, it was time for him to go, or to find a new patient to visit. He'd try to come back later, certainly, if they let him.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff