Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[prp] Ding dong, my brother's dead [Ionan, Aly, T'rel, Tass)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 am
It had taken a long time for Ionan to heave Tassiel up to his parents' weyr. He'd had help, but T'rel was not much better off than their middle brother, at least looks-wise. He was sweaty and pale, but insisted that he could fly them up there on Tyalith. Tassiel was all but unconcious, and Ionan had had to hold onto him while they'd landed. "Momma," he called, into the weyr. "I think Tass is dead!"

"He's not dead, he's breathing," T'rel coughed, as he climbed down. He helped Tass down, and then Ionan. "Don't panic mom, she has enough to worry about."

The flu had come down suddenly on what felt like the majority of the Weyr. Tassiel had been out and about yesterday, today Ionan had gone to see him, and he'd collapsed on him. "I think he's dying!" Ionan amended. "T'rel too!"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 am
Despite having gotten enough sleep and her habit of keeping both herself and the family Weyr as clean as she could Alythrae felt as though her beloved green dragon were sitting firmly on her chest. Nothing had gone right the past few days, D'ast had taken I'll and pushed his stubborn will past his body's limits, the children had begun to come down with things one by one, some worse than others and now she felt simply dreadful. Cheery nature was cracking to the beast below and the blonde rider was not expecting in the least that her older sons would fall ill with anything until they all but slid into the Weyr on Tyalith. After nearly jumping out of their collective skins both she and Tarmath lurched towards them, the green to the younger dragon and she to her three sons that looked much the worse for wear.

One hand slid to T'rel's forehead to gauge his temperature, only a moment was needed there with how feverish he felt, and she slid down beside Tassiel, "Why did you two bring him here when he's like this? Your brother needs the Healers now and you need to go there as well T'rel."

Leveling a look at the two, one so young and the other she had believed more mature, she saw fear and worry. It wasn't enough that their father had fallen ill, now they had as well and it set poorly with her. Aly believed that she should be able to protect them, but with one son grown and in his own weyr she was little prepared to have him appear so young before her once more. Mothering instincts taking over, she lifted Tassiel into her arms and placed him carefully on Tarmath's back. With so many sick there would be deaths soon and none were about to occur in this family!

Thaliawen

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am
The healers? T'rel hadn't even thought--why hadn't he thought of them? It seemed so obvious, Tassiel wasn't in great shape. His brain felt empty, but heavy, and hazy, too. "Healers?" he echoed. For Tassiel, yes, he obviously needed their care. "I didn't know what else to do, Ionan was half carrying him when I saw them, I'd gone to take care of Tyalith." He was fine. Really. He was. He couldn't be sick. He couldn't, he had to make sure Tyila was taking care of herself, that she wasn't overdoing it. Had he gotten her sick? "I'm fine, Momma. Just worry about Dad and Tass."

"T'rel won't listen," Ionan observed, frowning at his oldest brother, and then at his mother. "Is Tass going to be okay?" He went over to Tarmath's side and stroked her. "Don't let Momma get sicker," he told her. "I'm the only one not sick!" He coughed into the hand not on the green's hide.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 am
Staring levelly at her sons, green eyes narrowing a bit as the truly incomprehensible explanation stuttered out of him, Alythrae chose fully to ignore the words and ran her hand over Tyalith's head gently. The dragon had crashed, making her worry that the little green was sick as well as T'rel, though it could have been a reaction to her rider's illness. Luckily the two fools hadn't attempted to Between to come to the weyr, all of them would have been lost in an instant with them in this state.

What's wrong Tyalith? Are you ill as well?

Tarmath moved slowly so she wouldn't disturb the man resting on her shoulders, but she tilted her head down towards the smaller green in concern. Even if her rider was ill she should have been able to bring all three boys up to the low weyr with no issue, it wasn't as if they were in one of the upper tiers. Though she rarely showed an interest in dragons other than Zetigeth or those in her wing, the large green did care for Tyalith for some odd reason, possibly because she was a fellow green. In all her years she'd never had such a crash herself and Tarmath let her concern come off in waves.

"We're taking all three of you down to the Healers, I don't care if you don't want to. If you argue I'll just have Tarmath grab you with her teeth and take you." The tone to Aly's voice brooked no contest and she was not about to accept the word no. "If Tyalith can fly she can fly down herself, but the three of you are riding Tarmath down there. NOW."

Thaliawen

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 am
Tyalith looked up, surprised by the question. Was she giving the impression she was sick? She didn’t want anyone to worry! No, She assured quickly, I worry about mine. And Mishaath’s. She pressed her nose against Tarmath’s in greeting. I am well. I worry about mine and his mate. She did feel guilty. Hers had been coming to oil her, and they’d found Ionan and Tass.

“But I’m fine!” Ionan immediately protested. He felt fine. There was a tickle in his throat, and that was all. He’d planned to go back down to the candidate barracks after this. But... he didn’t want Tarmath to carry him through the air in her teeth.

If Tyalith could fly? Of course she could. T’rel frowned at his mother. “Tassiel is worst off,” he said. “Maybe just take him.”  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Humming lowly in response, Tarmath nodded her head and looked back to Tassiel on her back, her eyes whirling to a worried yellow color for the boy draped unconsciously and unmoving. Hearing the other two boys immediately do exactly what her rider told them they shouldn't do had her wondering about their priorities and the large green opened her mouth to show off her glittering teeth that were about to nab up T'rel or Ionan if they so much as uttered another word of complaint or disagreement. Unsure if she could carry both but more than willing to try, the green let out a gruff growl of disapproval for their words.

"Well put Tarmath. What did I just say to the two of you? I can tell CLEARLY that Tassiel is the worst off, but that doesn't mean that the two of you aren't going down there to get checked out. This is the worst sickness that I've seen in thirty three Turns, I'm not going to risk your life because you're prideful men with thick skulls." Alythrae pointed at both of her sons, eyes narrowed and eyebrows pulling down her forehead and dangerously close together.

If you cannot carry both I can ask Zetigeth to come and grab the other dearest. It appears they're going to put up a fight. I'm sorry you'll be so burdened but I'll make it up to you.

Their health is important to you, it is no burden.

Moving to grab Ionan should he speak another word of disagreement, the green loomed over the young Candidate and awaited the order to snag him up. Clearly she'd rather carry him down on her back, but if forced...

Thaliawen

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:52 pm
Oh no, T’rel hated to upset Tarmath. As much as he would’ve liked to argue with his mother, Tarmath was distressed. He climbed onto the green, grumbling. “I’m not nearly as sick as Tass,” he complained. He was fine! In comparison. He was fine. He reached a hand to help Ionan up.

“I really am fine,” Ionan complained, taking his hand and climbing up on Tarmath’s back. “Tarmi, don’t be mad at me,” he said, petting her. “I’m not sick. T’rel and Tass are. But I’m not. I promise.” He coughed.

Well. Maybe it’d been a lie after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:01 pm
If Tarmath could lift an eyebrow that she lacked she might have in that moment, instead her eyes swirled a careful mix of orange and yellow to show her inner feelings, her long neck lifting backwards to test the adjustment of bodies resting there. Tassiel was dead weight being unconscious, at least the other two could adjust as she moved and the green was large enough to comfortably fit both of them for a short ride down to the Healers wing. Though she had yet to take off, Tarmath was already in her flight mode, her muscles already stretching as she strode to the front of the Weyr and extended her cloudy wings.

You must hold your brother, or he will fall.

Turning her head so that T'rel's face was reflected in one large eye, the green dragon took off as soon as Alythrae issued the command and soared swiftly through the sky towards her destination. Arching through the sky before dipping down, she tilted and adjusted her wings, always keeping view of the bobbing head of her rider as she ran down staircases and through hallways towards the same destination.

Thaliawen

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:29 am
T’rel wound his arms around Tass gently, making sure he wouldn’t fall. He sighed. Tarmath really was like a second mother; she tended to agree with Alythrae at all times, and he could remember a few times when he’d gotten in trouble as a child, and while the dragon’s presence had been a oomfort to him, she’d scolded him as well.

He hated the healers. He always had. He’d been willing to deal with them about Tyila’s health, because—well. That was different. Maybe that was how his mother felt now.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games