Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:02 pm
Backdated to 3562 when D'ast and his wife Alythrae just adopted their most recent child Ionan from the Creche

Even if the day hadn't been particularly hard the rider that slumped in the chair had one arm thrown up over his dark eyes as if to block out the entire world. Certainly he wasn't expecting the chiding remark his soft brown dragon cast in his direction for umteenth time that day, but it wasn't overly shocking to him either. Despite their plans being in different wings meant that he and Alythrae were on different schedules with the children and against his previous desires they'd adopted another child from the Creche, once more younger than his brother before him. In reality it wasn't against his desires, he just really missed the sleep that came with grown children and how often they had to expand the weyr. It was getting a little harder, but it meant that he and his wife were happy, especially his wife who truly enjoyed and looked forward to children running around their feet. Two of their most recent were old enough to get into enough trouble that it kept him on his feet as it was.

As such, Zetigeth was a little irritated that his rider was spending less time with him but at least the dragon could be understanding about it. Today he was itchy though, he'd let his rider know repeatedly and at length about the patch growing right where the straps rested against his skin but with the way things had panned out there had been no time to wash him down and oil that particular spot. Most of the children were taking naps now, no longer running him raggedly in circles, and it was prime time to fix the issue if he could.

"Just... just give me a second more Zetigeth, I think my brain is going to pop." D'ast offered in a quiet voice, not wanting to wake up the sleeping children that had all but run him ragged this day.

I suppose it's been a hard day, but tomorrow will be worse if this cracks.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:29 am
Poor D'ast. Tarel wasn't sleeping. He was sitting up in bed, working on the reeds he'd chosen for the pipes one of the journeymen harpers at the weyr had suggested he make. He wasn't sure he was doing it right, but they sounded alright. He uncovered himself and wandered over to D'ast. His small firelizard, Harper, was sleeping around his shoulders. "Hey, Dad!"

"You look tired," he observed quietly, after a moment. "Can I help wash Zeti? Can I? Please? Tass and the baby are sleeping! And--" were his sisters? He hadn't checked. Surely they could keep an eye on the younger kids.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:48 am
Ashlyn was walking up to the family weyr, having the day off from her candidate lessons. So she decided she would see if her parents needed any help, knowing they had a lot on their hands. It was even more now that they had just adopted another baby, so she figured it wouldn't hurt to inquire. She got there just in time to hear Tarel asking if he could help clean their father's dragon.

"Tarel, aren't you needing to take a nap too, like Tass and the baby?"she asked. She worried he would get cranky without a nap, but she would let their father handle it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:47 am
“I’m not tired,” Tarel insisted, and gave Ashlyn a smile. He hurried to her side, though. “Tell me all about your lessons?” He asked. He was always eager to hear about candidate lessons! Ash would be a dragonrider soon, maybe she’d let him help wash her dragon too.

“Ash, I think Dad needs a nap,” he added, looking towards D’ast. He looked tired, after all. “Dad! Me and Ash are going to make you nap.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:09 am
Life was very simple when your basic being in life was walk, talk, and be a little ray of sunshine. Kinyegele had taken a certain interest in their new Creche-child, though she didn't have enough of a grasp to understand that the little infant wasn't really her brother. Such concepts were perhaps too ahead of the 3 turn old, and all she knew was that sometimes if she was really careful she got to hold him.

But she wasn't allowed to hold him right now, and to that end, Kinye huffed a little. But not as much as when she was told she needed to nap. Naps were the bane of her existence and there were no naps a child like her needed ever! Even if she had a sleepy look affixed to her face despite her protests. Tarel had fun suggestions anyways! Whatever it was!

She sat on the bed, blinking at her siblings and waving at Ashlyn when she entered, opening and closing her hand with a bright smile on her face."Welcome home!" she greeted. It wasn't like she hadn't seen her sister ever, but it was nice to see her anyways.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:48 am
Silence never lasted very long in the weyr these days and while most of the time it was absolutely lovely to hear all of their laughter and their steps as they ran about playing and enjoying themselves as they grew... he was just tired. It wasn't their fault though and none of the children deserved to feel as though he wasn't giving them his full attention. To D'ast his family was absolutely everything he'd ever hoped for and even on his most exhausted days he loved them and was excited to see them.

Pulling his arm back off of his face he let out a laugh and ruffled Tarel's hair softly before he ran to Ashlyn and smiled gently at them. "I don't think you're quite big enough to give Zetigeth a good wash yet bud, but you'll get there someday."

With only a small groan, the large man rolled from his seated position to his feet and stood so that he could cross the room and pick both Tarel and Ashlyn up by the back of their legs. Planting a kiss on both of their foreheads he carried them in and set them on the bed beside Kinyegele with a chuckle. It was time for all of them to be napping and if he was lucky he could convince them to settle down for sleep before their mother got home and wondered why they were all still up.

"If I need a nap then so do all of you and I just bet that your mom will be happier if you do." D'ast cast a wink at Ashlyn knowing full well that she was beyond the napping age even if he sometimes enjoyed them himself. "Plus if you do there might be some bubbly pies in your future." he offered with a light tap to Kinye and Tarel's noses.

He wasn't at all below bribing... don't judge parents.

Thaliawen

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:05 am
Ashlyn arched her brow when her brother said he wasn't tired, somehow she didn't believe that. Then he asked about her lessons and she had to think of a way to get him to nap. Maybe if she promised to tell him about them after he napped would work, she wasn't sure. She mentally shook her head in amusement when Tarel suggested that their father needed to sleep.

"You know, it is the other way around, right? Papa puts us to sleep, not the other way around,"she reminded her brother with a laugh. Then she heard little Kinye's voice and she waved back. Seemed today was 'try to get out of nap' day, which she knew her father would not let stand. As her father got to his feet and then proceeded to pick them both up, she giggled softly.

"Papa, you silly man. Though he is right, if he has to nap, so do we. And maybe if you are good, I will tell you about some of my lessons,"she suggested with a smile.

"Promise?"Demanthra's little voice asked, peeking out from her blanket fort. Ashlyn nodded her head in reply.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:01 pm
Uh-uh, Tarel knew that look from many arguments with his older sister; she wouldn't win, not this time! "Sometimes adults need naps," he informed her, matter-of-factly. "I'm not tired, so I don't need a nap." Oh, but bubbly pies were a tempting offer... He did like bubblypies.

"Really?" he asked, looking to Ashlyn. "Tell me all about your lessons!" He'd been good, after all. Really, really good. And he wasn't nearly as loud as the new baby was. Ionan squawked and made all sorts of noises--kind of like a wounded wherry, but smellier. Tarel didn't remember Tassiel being that noisy. "And then can we have bubblypies?"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces