Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Dervish and Banges ~ Open and Hiring

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 am
User Image
xxx๐‘ฏ๐’†๐’๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

โ–  ๐•ฏ๐–Š๐–—๐–›๐–Ž๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐•ญ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–˜

โžฅ Dervish and Banges is one of the helpful shops in Hogsmeade, dedicated in selling magical devices and repairing them as well. It is owned by the one and only Lazuli Mortemer, a Slytherin alumnus who is a dedicated inventor and metal charmer. He is usually found in the back room, doing his projects when the business was slow.

โžฅ The shop has what the others would call 'steampunk', whatever the hell that means. It is done with gears and metallics as a form of decoration, with the room filled with the warm bronze and dark blue color. Several shelves were neatly lined up with magical instruments on it. There's a warning however: You broke it, you buy it.

โžฅ Lazuli's niece Esmeralda was often here in the holiday, helping him whenever she could.

โžฅ Currently hiring Shop Assistants

โ–  ๐•พ๐–™๐–†๐–‹๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–Š๐–’๐–‡๐–Š๐–—๐–˜

xxxxxxxxxxxxx๐‘บ๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’…๐’–๐’๐’†xxxxxxxxxxxxx

.: Monday - Friday :.
9 AM -- 8 PM
[Closed at 1 PM - 2 PM for LUNCH BREAK]

.: Saturdays :.
11 AM -- 6 PM
[Closed at 1 PM - 2 PM for LUNCH BREAK]

.: Closed at Sundays :.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 am
๐•ด๐–“๐–›๐–Š๐–“๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–ž
There are a lot of items to mention, but the items include:

Sneakoscopes
13 Sickles 9 Knuts

Wizarding Clocks
10 sickles 13 Knuts (Alarm Clock) to 90 Galleons (Grandfather Clock)

Family Clocks
5 Galleons - 20 Galleons (depending on size)

Different Enchanted Music Boxes
1 Galleon 10 Sickles to 2 Galleons 14 Sickles (depending on quality)

Wizarding Radios
6 Galleons, 4 Sickles

Record Players
14 to 20 Galleons (depending on quality)

Cassette Players
3 Galleons to 4 Galleons 13 Sickles (depending on quality and/or size)

Two-Way Mirrors
1 Galleon, 14 Sickles, 23 Knuts (per pair)

Underwater Viewing Scopes
10 sickles 13 knuts

Remembralls
1 Galleon 19 Knuts

Omnioculars
13 Sickles, 23 Knuts

Magical Film Camera
15 Galleons 10 Sickles 2 Knuts

๐•พ๐–Š๐–—๐–›๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–Š๐–˜

Prices may vary cistomer to customer and are to be discussed in detail upon pick-up/delivery of the repaired item. If the item is beyond repair, charges won't be offered.

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:05 pm
User Image

โœŒ Chadwick โœŒ Knapp โœŒ
Fourth Year Slytherin

โ–ฌโ–ฌ"Being the best is great, you're the number one."โ–ฌโ–ฌ

Chadwick sighed, as they went into some odd little shop. Chadwick had come with Sparrow to Hogsmeade, because he thought he would have a chance to run into his kind of friend, Finley. He thought he would go to hogsmeade and be supportive o Sparrow, but this was getting wild. Maybe some of the knacks were cool, but why were they here? Chadwick took Sparrows hand and whispered in her ear, "Wichparrow, I don't know why we're here but we better hurry up. I do not want to be in here all day." There were some two way mirrors, maybe Chadwick could splurge and get some, give it to Sparrow so she would have to talk to him with no excuses of them being too far away from each other.

He turned her toward him, and kissed her forehead, "If you find something you want, I'll try to get it for you, okay?" It was about time for him to give her another present, she always stayed closer to him when he gave her a gift, and he liked that, if she was with him she wasn't out with some other guy. He sighed, and waited for Sparrow to be her cute self, and probably end up walking out of the store with at least something.

โ–ฌโ–ฌ"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." โ–ฌโ–ฌ

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Where: Hogsmeade
With Whom: Sparrow
Thinking about: This trip would have been more worth it if we had seen Archer
Wearing: Green hoodie, black jeans
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:17 pm

User Imageโ™ฅโ™ก
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Gryffindor || pureblood
Drama club || Music club || Quidditch announcer

As the school year continued, Sparrowโ€™s usual hyper-chattiness had quieted to a few cheerful words, and while she used to be seen--or more likely heard-- around the castle, she would return directly to Gryffindor Tower after studying with Chadwick. She slept early, steeped her tea for longer in the morning, snacked throughout the day, but still sometimes had to hide tired dark lines under her eyes with makeup. โ€œItโ€™s just all the new classes,โ€ Sparrow would say with a weak imitation of her 7000 watt grin, but she slept through half her classes and hadnโ€™t even written anything new for drama club since March.

Summer meant Sparrow spent every weekday-- and sometimes Saturdays--at theatre camp with her old troupe. She had some kind of extracurricular in the afternoons-- this summer it was just reading stories to little kids at the library on Wednesday. The other days sheโ€™s have for extra practice or tutoring with Big Sis Aspen. There were no boys in the Hill Family aside (from Professor Marshmallow himself) for her sweet, jealous boyfriend to be afraid of, Sparrow adored Willow and Aspen, and Wren didnโ€™t mind taking her and even occasionally helping out. And then of course, church and volunteering on Sundays. Despite the extra-busy schedule though, the exhaustion Sparrow denied seemed to magically lift away after the first week.

Of course, the whole thing meant less time to spend on dates. Sparrow still carved out at least an afternoon or Saturday every week to spend at her beloved Chadwickโ€™s side. This week her troupe was taking a half week--naturally, Sparrow had owled Chadwick with an invitation to go shopping in Hogsmeade after her tutoring. She had imagined clothes shopping. Or visiting Finley. He and Chadwick were getting along much better, right? But she had seen Wren pop into this shop a few times before, and finally had enough energy to be curious.

"Winchparrow, I don't know why we're here but we better hurry up. I do not want to be in here all day."

โ€Oh! We can leave?โ€ Sparrow offered immediately, but her thoughtful Chadwick just turned her to him, kissed her and told her to find something she liked. โ€Thank you, my sweet Knappwick. Wren comes in here sometimes so I thought Iโ€™d take a look.โ€ she replied, flashing him a cute smile. Sparrow browsed the store offerings, her steps measured and even, one hand in Chadwickโ€™s and the other daintily holding the strap of her purse-bag.

She reached out for a music box that opened to a little floating broom and heartwarming melody. Sparrow picked it up after a moment and hummed softly.โ€Honey, isnโ€™t this cute?โ€

setting The shop Wren likes, end of July 2051 || with Her dearest, darling Knappwick
appearance 4'10", 114 lbs || hair color hair with flowers || wearing neat turquoise skirt outfit
status Date!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I wonder what theyโ€™d pay
To see my heart on display
I'd walk on a wire, jump through a fire for you
Hang from my knees on a trapeze while you
Make me spin
Yes, you make me twirl
Like a circus girl
Maybe Iโ€™m too blind to see that
I am just the clown who follows you
Around and โ€˜round and โ€˜round
โ™กโ™ฅ
~"Circus Girl" by Mindy Gledhill.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 pm
User Image

Fourth Year Slytherin

Knappwick? Did she just call him Knappwick? He grabbed her arm, and squeezed it tightly, and threat whispered in her ear, "You are to never call me Knappwick again, got it, Winchparrow?" Knappwick sounded utterly ridiculous and he would not be hearing it around the school because Sparrow decided to try and be cute. He let go of her arm, and took her hand again, and gave it a light squeeze. When she saw a music box and began humming to the little piece he frowned, was this the kind of thing she was in to? When she asked him his opinion, of course he was honest. "That? Cute? I think maybe my 3 year old sister Flick would like that, maybe. Very slim chance of even her liking such a thing." He closed the lid of the box, and then put his finger over her mouth, "And stop that ridiculous humming, everyone can hear you. You shouldn't hum out in public, anything with your singing or humming should be kept within a private manner of lessons or music classes and clubs at school. Maybe even allowed at your silly theatre program. How many times have I told you these things, Winchester? How many times do I have to repeat a thing for your bird brain to remember it?"

He removed his finger and went over to look at other small knickknacks, he picked up a Remembrall, "Maybe you need one of these?"

Thinking about: nope.

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:17 am

User Imageโ™ฅโ™ก
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Sparrow jumped a little when Chadwick hissed a warning in her ear. That was another rejected nickname. โ€Sorry. Iโ€™ll think of a better one,โ€ she replied quietly.

โ€œOh! Right. Sorry.โ€ It took all 9 years of acting training for Sparrow to bite back angry tears and manage a chuckle and smile when Chadwick said her troupe was sillyโ€”Chadwickโ€™s Sparrow wouldnโ€™t disagree with him, she reasoned. Chadwickโ€™s Sparrow wouldnโ€™t cry about it. He even had to remind her she wasnโ€™t to hum out loud in publicโ€”she silenced immediately. This characterโ€”the Chadwick-Sparrowโ€”did not hum in public. The other remarks slid off her. Bird-brain wasnโ€™t particularly novelโ€”although Wren usually preferred โ€œsparrow-brainedโ€-- but Sparrow didnโ€™t have to be super smartโ€”she could memorize anything she was given, mimic anything she had heard, and figure out roughly how to play her roles. Well, except this one. Playing herself was obviously the hardest role Sparrow had ever done

โ€œIs it that childish?โ€ Sparrow asked, setting the closed music box aside when Chadwick disapproved. โ€œI thought a quidditch-themed music box might be something Wren would appreciate. But youโ€™re right. Too noisy for him.โ€

She dared not mention she thought Chadwick himself might like it. And Wren didnโ€™t like childish things, so maybe not that. Maybe if she got it for Nim and he got it for Wren then her brother wouldnโ€™t mind. Surely Wren didnโ€™t reject presents from his own boyfriend, did he? Or Maybe Yukon would appreciate it. He liked silly things.

But it was too tiring thinking of how she might secretly get the box and wrap it and pass it to a friend to give to someone elseโ€”she had other things to remember now, evidently, like not singing. โ€Ooh, what about a Remembereese?โ€ she piped, holding up a rememberall with shaped like a cheese wheel. โ€Mr. Chadder Cheese, would you care for a Remembereese?โ€

setting The shop Wren likes, end of July 2051 || with Her dearest, darling Chadder
appearance 4'10", 114 lbs || hair color hair with flowers || wearing neat turquoise skirt outfit
status Date!

Make me spin
Yes, you make me twirl
Like a circus girl
โ™กโ™ฅ

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:05 pm
User Image

Fourth Year Slytherin

She would think of another nickname? What part of no nickname did she not understand. Maybe she would just forget about it and move on. Except them she went into quidditch themed music boxes, Chadwick laughed, "No boy wants a music box, they're dumb and girly and for babies." There, maybe that would get her out of trying to buy useless things like music boxes.

Then, she held up the Remembereesem and called him Mr. Chadder Cheese. He slapped her left arm and spoke, "I just said do not call my nicknames, especially dumb ones. You will call me Chadwick, understood?" He then smacked her right arm and continued, "Furthermore, you do not need any such dumb item like this, a normal rememberall would suffice in it's job without being dumb. Why can't you get that through your little brain Sparrow, people don't like knickknacks."

He then stepped close to her, and took the remembereese down, and wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug, before kissing her forehead. "I love you little Sparrow, but I need you to be smarter, okay? Why not be like that Ravenclaw above us, Ayaka Nakano? She's smart and I think she remembers well. She's social, but not overly so, and is actually able to focus, something you could pick up well with." He released her from his hug, and wrapped his arm around her waist. "If you really want it we can get the music box, okay? It'll be cute on your dresser." If it was between the music box and her remembereese, the music box wasn't as obnoxious, and if it was in Sparrow's room, then he wouldn't have to see it too often.

Thinking about: nope.

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:48 am

User Imageโ™ฅโ™ก
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

โ€Owwwwwww!! Chadwiiick,โ€ Sparrow whined with a yelp when Chadwick slapped her arm, banning all nicknames altogether. It wasnโ€™t that it particularly hurt or anything, but to be hit for her transgression--twice!--stung her pride. She relinquished the cheese rememberall like she had the music box.

โ€Okay, okayโ€ฆNo nicknames at all...and no knicknacks,โ€ she promised, tempering her reply after her initial outburst into a more reserved tone--more fitting of Chadwickโ€™s Sparrow. Chadwick drew her close again and continued, saying she needed to be a little smarter.

โ€œAyaka Nakano?โ€ Sparrow echoed, listening to Chadwickโ€™s comparison with a contemplative frown and a sort of pang in her chest. Sparrow wasnโ€™t particularly close friends, but she did pride herself on knowing (mostly) everyone at school, and of course she knew the Nakano family. The mental image she pulled up was friendly and gentle, athletic, but not in the quidditch way. She would obviously need to observe Ayaka more. Another reference! Maybe she could owl her to hang out sometime. For now, she honed in on what Chadwick had pointed himself: social, but not too much. And focused.

Yeah. Social, but not too much. Focused. She could make that work. It was her job as Chadwickโ€™s girlfriend to be his ideal girl. Social, but not too much. Focused. Smart and mature. Reserved, but not too quiet. Softer, studious. No outbursts of song. Modestly dressed. Tastefully dressed. Long hair, undyed. She didnโ€™t even miss having beautiful, rainbow-colored hair anymore, and could ignore the more odd pieces of clothing that caught her eye. It was things like smart that she couldnโ€™t wrap her character around. So much to remember, but obviously she hadnโ€™t mastered this character yet.

Chadwick wrapped his arm around her comfortingly and offered to get the music box for her dresser. โ€Nah, thatโ€™s fine. I mostly just wanted to see what Wren might be so interested in and do some window shopping with you.โ€

Sparrow didnโ€™t want to be dumb, girly and babyish if that wasnโ€™t who Chadwick wanted. Sparrow felt something hurt, so she swallowed the feeling like it was a complaint during practice. She was an actress. She would perform to the best of her ability, no matter what. She could do this, because true love always, always, always won out in the end.

Sparrow rubbed her arm and pulled Chadwick along with a sweet smile as though that would cover for all her mistakes today. It was time for a change in scene!โ€Hey, you know whatโ€™s not a knicknack? Cake! Want to get some?โ€

setting The shop Wren likes, end of July 2051 || with Her dearest, darling Chadder
status A little frustration and jealousy

As always, let me know if I can edit.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kungfudemoness

Make me spin
Yes, you make me twirl
Like a circus girl
โ™กโ™ฅ

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:01 pm
User Image

Fourth Year Slytherin

When sparrow said she was fine without anything, he smiled at her, she was lying. She would love gifts, she always did. Then, she suggested cake. He kissed her forehead, "Cake sounds wonderful Sparrow, why don't you go outside and see which one is the least busy, and has the best cake, okay?" He shooed her out the door, then picked up the music box and bought it for her. She was cute when she was humming, particularly if she hummed in private. He would give it to her before they went back to Hogwarts, yes that would be a good plan. He stuck it in his sweatshirt pocket, and walked out to join her. He kissed her on the cheek, and took her hand, "Come on darling, let's go get some cake and tea." They walked off, and Chadwick smiled, a day with Sparrow during the summer was truly wonderful, especially after she remembered who she was with.

Thinking about: desserts are good.

addaellis

_____

Hogsmeade

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff