Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:56 pm
Sabra Knight

"Matori?" He considered this for a moment. Dovian knew she was speaking about the place as where her family was but he was thinking about it in terms of materials for work. As well as the colors and patterns found there. It was interesting. "Its a nice place." Maybe he could use it as inspiration for his next piece.

He thought about what ran in his family as she mentioned magic was in her. It brought him to his dad and his profession. A frown pulled at the corners of his mouth. That wasn't something to be told to others. So instead he brought his gaze up to look at her and shrugged his shoulders lightly. "My mother is a good cook, we have yet to see if anyone inherited the ability." In truth he doubted his sister could make a meal as good as his mother's and he already knew he didn't have the skill for it. "But you have a point about the wind. It would be refreshing to be able to do that when I'm at the forge." The fires tended to get rather hot.

His eyes followed to where she motioned and then he followed her as she summoned him over to the work table. Dovian glanced side long at her when it was question whether he could etch. "Ah.. Not well. I can hammer just about anything but the detail work is a bit harder for me." He took a seat on the stool she'd pulled over and looked at the utensils in the toolbox. He recognized most of them and knew what they were for but he didn't feel comfortable using them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:15 pm
Heras Box

Kyril nodded in agreement, her lips curving up into a small nostalgic smile as she thought of her childhood home, "It truly is a nice place." Even after living in Oba for several months she still woke up thinking that she could hear the waves crashing against the cliffs. The young woman truly missed her home and looked forward to the next time that she could return home. If only for a few days it would be worth it. She did miss her family and hearing about Dovian's mother made her chuckle, "I cannot say that for my own mother's cooking but that sounds amazing. If it wasn't for our Aunty I do not know how we would have survived growing up."

"Maybe you'll just have to find a mage who can work with you at your forge." Teased Kyril lightly before she picked up a long steel needle, "I see. You don't have to worry about the etching then. I can handle it as long as a simple pattern will suffice." She studied the needle thoughtfully before tracing a finger along its surface, a softly whispered spell leaving her lips and heating the steel, "Usually you could heat it in the forge and the heat will allow the needle to poke through the leather easier. Since you've already formed the gauntlets into shape I can just make a pattern out of the holes. Normally I would suggest carving beforehand when you can stretch out the leather and keep it flat, but this will work." Her gaze narrowed in concentration as she slowly started the process of dotting swirling patterns along the gauntlet, "If you melt copper or some other metal you could pour it carefully into the holes to really make the pattern stand out." Of course he would have to be quick to wipe off any excess but it would make the gauntlets shine in the light, especially once she added in the glass beads.

Her lips pursed as she continued her work, the hot needle darting in and out of the leather, and after several minutes of silent concentration she finally paused and held out the first gauntlet towards Dovian. It was a series of smaller dots and some dashes connecting in what looked like a swirling pattern along the top and sides of the gloves. Larger indents marked where she planned on placing the beads soon, "I'll just have to place the glass in the forge and once its hot enough I can work with a sticky paste to adhere them to the leather."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 pm
Sabra Knight

"I'm surprised my sister and I aren't fat, actually." As much as their mother loved to cook it was a true wonder that neither of her children had been chubby growing up. Then again neither really liked to sit still long enough. His sister was always in a tiff or two and he was always swinging a hammer in the heat. So any calories they took in were quickly burned off.

The thought of having a mage to work with in the forge was nice but since there was little room and they might get in the way he quickly dismissed it. Dovian didn't want to have any accidents with someone getting burned or hurt by a tool because he was selfish and wanted a spring breeze while he worked. It wouldn't be worth it in the end. He was far too used to the heat by now anyways. "Nah, I can just keep a window opened and hope a strong wind comes through." He finally said with a shake of his head.

As Kyril worked he watched. His focus solely on her hands and the pattern that was being made. Even though he was leaning over and would have a perfect view down her shirt he wasn't interested in that. His brows furrowed together as he noticed the larger indents and right before he could ask about them she mentioned putting the glass beads in the forge. It made sense after that and the little pinched skin between his brows smoothed out. "Interesting. I never would have thought to do it that way." It was why he'd gone to someone who had more experience in the details department. Dovian looked one more at the beads then at the design being etched out. "I am surprised you don't do more things like this or even fine jewelry." With her small hands and the details she could make he was sure there would be lines of women wanting to buy what she created.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:29 pm
Heras Box

"Count your blessings. If you were anything like my siblings you probably ran all that food off right away." Kyril laughed softly as she finished up with the etching work for the second gauntlet, "Keep speaking about your mother's cooking and you'll make me hungry." The artisan held the gauntlet up for a final inspection before she shifted to study Dovian's reaction. This definitely would do. Kyril was happy that she had managed a decent job. Despite her confidence the young woman would sometimes still get nervous whenever she crafted, especially something new like this.

Dovian's honest and thoughtful response to her teasing made the hybrid quirk a brow, "I was just jesting but I'm sure an open window would be much more efficient than having a mage in your way." She replied with a small shake of her head before she picked out some glass beads, "Mmmhmm. If the beading is nestled even slightly into the leather it may protect it better." Kyril couldn't help but to beam happily at his commentary. It looked like he was okay with her work after all, "Perhaps I might consider it in the future." She replied with a small smile, "I'm still inexperienced so I'm content working on vases and other such items for now."

She reached for the gauntlets before scooting away from the worktable, "Let me place the beads for you now. It'll only take a few minutes if you want to wait here." Kyril smile as she brushed back a stray piece of teal hair from her face, "That way you can finish up any last touches and take them to your sister. I truly hope that she likes your gift. If so maybe I will consider expanding my horizons to do more work like this in the future." That stated Kyril turned and crossed towards the forge where she finished applying a paste to the gauntlets. She carefully glanced over them a final time before picking up a delicate pair of tongs so that she could heat each bead and slowly lower them onto the leather. When she was finished she placed them in a small wooden box to cool, "The beads should cool quickly enough since they're so small but I would let them rest for a few hours before taking them out." She instructed as she handed the box over to Dovian, "Here you are."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:30 pm
Sabra Knight

He gave a half smile at her words about running it off. She was mostly right there. In his case he was running but only because he was being chased. "Well, I don't have any of her home cooked meals on me but if you're really hungry I could offer to buy you lunch or something." It would be the least he could do since she had been willing to help him out as much as she had.

"Oh.." His dark cheeks flushed a little as he understood now that she had been messing with him. Dovian gave a slight hum of amusement. It took him a while and sometimes he needed a road map to figure out when someone was joking with him or flirting or whatever. His sister was usually the one to pick up on those things quickly and she either shut them down or steered them a different direction. Without her around all the time he was learning, but it was a slow process. Mostly due to him always being in the forge and away from people. As the girl explained that she was still lacking in skill he looked at what she'd accomplished and made a thoughtful noise. "I think you should consider it. I think people will like it." Andif Kyril worked on her skills even more? He might be the first to have an early piece done by a famous crafter.

As she moved away to place the beads he stayed where he was so as to not be in the way, though he leaned to the side on his stool so that he could watch. His eyes glued to the piece as the molten beads were put in each duvet. It took time, he was sure, but as fascinated as he was it seemed like it was over before it began. With Kyril bringing him the small box with the gauntlets inside he held both hands out to receive it. "Thank you. I'll keep them inside over night so my sister doesn't abuse them too soon." He stood from his position on the stool and gave her a nod of his head to show respect to her and her skill.

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff