Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm
Heras Box

Shimmers of light decorated the workroom in a variety of colors. As the sunlight poured in from the grand windows of the spacious room the lights would shift at random causing an illusion that there were sprites or something at play. In the middle of it all a young hybrid was working, her teal hair pulled back away from her face in a ponytail while her clothing was that of simple leathers and an open cotton blouse that was rather revealing but comfortable considering the intense heat of the flames that raged before her. It wasn't as if Kyril was expecting company either, something else that allowed her to be more at ease in her environment as she worked. It seemed that the interior of the furnace was hot enough as the molten glass inside had become a warm orange. Smiling at the sight Kyril clutched a rune in her hands and watched as her magic cooled the iron rod next to her.

It was perfect. Taking a deep breath as the process still made her very nervous the young mage reached in with the rod and rotated it through the molten glass. As she pulled it out Kyril placed it on the metal worktable that had also been cooled by her magic and she began to twist the rod so that the glass in turn began to take form. It was hot and it was easy enough to get burns, something the bandages on her fingers attested to, but now that she had it on the table the mage was careful and almost gentle in her movements as she used her tools to begin shaping the glass into a delicate vase. Hopefully this one wouldn't break as the other two attempts had as she had learned her lesson about how easily the neck could snap during the last attempts.

Before it cooled she would twist in strands of copper to give the already green hued glass more shimmer as it solidified into the vase that she was envisioning. Her amber gaze narrowed as she carefully took small pliers and pinched the copper inside of the stained glass. Next to her as she worked her runes would faintly pulse with a glow as whispered words of a summoning spell kept a gentle wind to gently wipe the sweat from her brow and cool the back of her neck. Almost finished. Kyril pursed her lips as she prepared to do a few final touches with the rapidly cooling glass. This definitely was a project to show to her mentor when she returned later this evening. But there was no room for bragging just yet - something Kyril reminded herself as another gust of wind swirled about her to cool the room, something that even pushed the main doors leading to the outside open just a bit more as well. Not that Kyril expected much intrusion considering that the forge was on the outskirts of the city and only those with purpose would wander into the artisan's home for orders and such, something that she also did not expect to have much of on a quiet day like today.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:11 pm
Sabra Knight

A huff left him as he headed down to where he had been directed. Dovian had been searching all morning for that special something to implement into his work and so far he'd not found it. So when he got frustrated enough to somewhat describe what he was looking for he was told to try an artisan down the road. Of course he was pleased to have an answer on where to look but he didn't understand why the others couldn't have directed him this way sooner.

His charming green eyes looked down at the gauntlets he had in his hand. They were his finest piece of work yet and he was proud of that since the leather he'd worked with was of a fine quality and the durable cloth trim seemed to add the right amount of ruggedness but there seemed to be something missing from it all. Since Dovian was making this particular set for his sister, and her collection, he wanted them to be worth it. So that meant they needed to have every bit as perfect as the rest and for that to happen he needed to get the right emblem to put on them.

He had thought about adding gems to them but then thought that they would be too girly. However, his twin did like her trinkets. Dovian was faced with another obstacle though - the price. Gems were not as cheap to buy as the materials to make the gauntlets were. So in the long run he wondered if he might be able to get some type of metal to secure to the outer side. Maybe if he was lucky then he would be able to make a deal of some kind. While he didn't have the skills his father had when it came to bartering, he thought he could at least get something fair.

Once he reached his destination he looked at the door as it seemed to be open a little. Normally Dovian would have thought that strange, but he was in a new town and he told himself that this was nothing like home. Instead he simply tilted his head to look inside, sending his braided dreads down over his shoulder, then walked in. As he passed the door he grabbed hold of it with his free hand. His intent was to pull it toward him so that he could knock and call out, but something stopped him. It was what he saw before him. If this was the artisan that he had been sent to see then he was certainly impressed. Not just by the fact that she was a hybrid like he was but also by the fact that she seemed comfortable in her environment. Dovian stood and watched as the girl worked with something that he soon identified as glass. The young blacksmith had never seen glass being molded in such a way so it fascinated him. Before long his jaw dropped and he seemed transfixed by what he saw. This girl, with her somewhat revealing shirt, working near a hot forge and sweating to make her craft.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:03 pm
Heras Box

And she was finished. As she allowed the finished vase to rest on the table Kyril reached up to dab the sweat from her brow. While she enjoyed her craft the hybrid would have preferred for the action of molding glass to require far less heat. Even as she doused the fire with sand the girl felt that it was simply too smoldering in here for her comfort. Oba was hot plenty enough on its own and adding in the additional heat was pressing boundaries that Kyril's body was just not accustomed to. Even in Matori she always had the cool breeze of the ocean to help ease the summer's heat but out there there was nothing save for dust and sand. It's worth it for my craft I suppose. Surely though if there was ever a chance to set up her own shop in Matori then the girl definitely would consider taking it.

For now though just tugging at her blouse and leaving the laces that tied it up loose would have to suffice. Modesty was not necessary whenever Kyril was desperate to cool off. Not like she would have any company - the shop was pretty much deserted on days like this. Most preferred to meet her mentor out in the marketplace rather than in such a chaotic workplace. The temperature inside could be scorching in comparison to the outside, it was cluttered, dangerous, and her mentor was highly temperamental when disturbed during work. Those and other reasons usually kept others at bay so it was with great surprise that Kyril turned from the forge to get something from the other side of the room and finally noticed a pair of bright green eyes staring at her.

"Oh!" A gasp left her lips as the mage froze and stared back in turn, "H-hey!" She finally moved into action, her hands quickly lacing up her laces before she took a few flustered steps forward, "What are you doing here?" How long had he been here? Was he a customer? But she had never seen him before and then again no one really came here, at least to the workshop during the day when Alidan or Kyril was working, if they knew her mentor well. I also left the door cracked again it seems. Kyril pursed her lips as she stared down the stranger and snapped her fingers so that another heavy breeze whipped through the room and pushed the door the rest of the way open, "If you're here for something you may as well come inside instead of standing there like that. If you're not here as a customer then I have every right to give you perhaps five seconds before chasing after you with the nearest object I can find to throw." That seemed to be a reasonable enough warning against a peeping tom, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Sabra Knight

The vase was interesting to look at. Of course he'd seen a vase before, who hadn't? Dovian also had a merchant father so he'd seen more than his fair share of them, but this one was different. He'd seen it being made. He'd seen the raw, well somewhat raw, material being shaped to form the finished product. It was so much like when he made something. It started out as a raw material and the finished product was so much more impressive. It changed the way he looked at a lot of things.

When the girl seemed to notice him and give a gasp before lacing her shirt he blinked in a confused manner. Wasn't she hot? Bundling up didn't seem like the normal response to being over heated. Then again he ran around without a shirt on so..

"I was told I could find an artisan here that might be able to make something for me." Dovian was sure to answer her question of what it was he was doing there. Though when she started to say that she had the right to chase him with the nearest object he lifted a brow at her. "Please don't, I don't know how close my sister is.." It was something of a warning really. His twin didn't like it when others got hostile with him, or hung on him, or bothered him, or.. really anything. Dovian was almost convinced Shura just didn't like people.

Moving his free hand from the door as it was blown open more he pointed to the vase. "That is amazing." The hybrid boy figured he would compliment the work before he got to business on what it was he was wanting. After all, flattery could get you places.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:32 pm
Heras Box

Kyril huffed as she dusted her hands on her leggings, "Then it seems that you are a customer and not just someone randomly peeping in." She replied, her amber gaze curious as she studied the other hybrid for surely that was what he had to be with those unique traits that stood apart from any Oban she had encountered thus far, "Your sister?" She quirked a brow before shaking her head, "As it is I'm not in the mood to really run after you as I'm far too tired and since you are here as a customer I see no point to start a fight." At least not yet that was. She wasn't certain if his sister would make a difference or not but if it meant trouble then she was hopeful that said sister was not right around the corner.

"Hm?" Kyril glanced towards where he was pointing before nodding her head, "You think?" Her lips pursed thoughtfully before she shrugged her shoulders, "Thank you, but it's something small in comparison to my mentor. Did they tell you what sort of work we do here? Or did they just send you in blindly? If so then you're fortunate it was me here else Alidan would have chased you out for disturbing her work." Still she was grateful that he did appreciate her work as it was her first attempt at such a complicated piece, but Kyril was not one to really brag about what she did.

"As it is come on inside. What is it that they sent you here for?" As she spoke Kyril removed her leather gloves, placed them on the table near the cooling work, and she flexed her fingers. Being inside those hot leathers always made her hands feel so cramped so she was thankful that she could now cool them off in a wooden bowl - something that was located closer to the boy who was near the door. As she walked right past him Kyril dared to take another peek. He seemed younger, almost around her age, and definitely wasn't someone she had seen before since moving here a few months ago. Not that she managed to get out and be social mind you, but still. "Whatever your request is I can run it by my mentor or if it's something small perhaps you would be willing to let me work with it?" She spoke as she raised her hands from the water and inspected her fingers for any burns. Thankfully it seemed that she was in the clear so she settled for just wiping her hands against her leggings as she waited for his answer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:44 pm
Sabra Knight

His head bobbed when she made it clear that he was a customer rather than a peeping tom. Dovian hadn't even considered that option until now and he seemed to color in the cheeks a little. It would explain why she had fretted about her lacing. "Ah, apologies. I should have announced myself earlier." Though he really didn't think he would have changed anything. One it would have robbed him of the opportunity to see the vase shaped the way it had been. Two, he could have startled her while she worked and caused her to ruin the vase or hurt herself or both.

Dovian cleared his throat when asked if he had been sent here blindly. "Well, kind of. I have in mind the general looks of what I am after but the finer details are beyond me." Of course seeing the glass vase had given him a whole new idea. It was too bad that the girl before him was not the artisan he had been sent to see.

Holding up his other hand he showed the new pair of gauntlets he'd constructed. It was clear from the little bits here and there that he was still working on them. "I am making these for my twin and I would like to have something adorning the backs. I thought at first that an emblem would be perfect but your vase.." He once again pointed toward it, though this time in a vague motion since his hand was full, ".. has given me another idea." Dovian just hoped that he would be able to explain it in a fitting manner so that he could be understood. "It's small so I wouldn't mind if you worked with it." Plus he had to figure that her work would be far less expensive than her mentors.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:56 pm
Heras Box

Ah, he did seem to have some decency about him. Kyril found herself slightly amused as she noticed the faintest of flushes decorating the man's cheeks. I suppose he really wasn't focused on that at all then. Perhaps she could have been a bit insulted but really it meant he was appreciating her craft instead which was something Kyril much preferred to those that liked to watch her solely for her looks, "It's fine." She found herself waving off the apology, "If anything it's my fault for leaving the doors open again. So I'm fortunate you were the one looking inside rather than my mentor catching me first." She would have gotten a tongue lashing for certain for messing in the forge without worrying about locked doors.

"I see." She replied as she moved about the forge trying to put it in some sort of order. A jar of oils was placed back on a shelf, a bag of something that clinked oddly like bells was also put into a storage chest, and some metal bars were locked back into the same chest, "Gauntlets?" She questioned as she turned to inspect what he was holding, "So you're a blacksmith or artisan?" She tilted her head slightly as she reached out a hand for the gauntlets, "May I?" Her fingers gently brushed against his own before she took the pair in her own hands to inspect, "What are you thinking?" She glanced between the vase and the gauntlets, "And don't worry I'm not that new to this craft so I'll do my best to work with you on this. If it's a gift for your twin then I will definitely make certain that it turns out well since I understand the value of giving something to a dear one." Her gaze was warm as she turned the gauntlets over in her hands and continued studying them, "Are you wanting them threaded or something glazed or painted?" She had seen her mentor embellish leathers before and had wanted to try that on her own before so this was the perfect chance to test herself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 am
Sabra Knight

His eyes followed her as she put things away, though he was really focused on what it was she was handling. Dovian was amazed at how similar the materials were to his own processes. As the girl turned and spoke to him again he nodded his head. "Blacksmith. Well.. apprentice." He was proud that he was on his way to becoming a full fledged blacksmith but he wanted to make sure it was known that his skills were not up to par with his mentors.

As she asked if she could handle the gauntlets he once again nodded his head, moving his hand closer so that she didn't need to reach so far. The touch of her fingers against his hand went mostly unnoticed even though he felt it. Dovian just assumed it was an accident and that was that. He wasn't like other guys, his mind didn't instantly go toward flirting or anything like that. He was a young man focused on his craft and that was about it.

"I think I'd like to have glass beads made and sewn in." He moved closer so that he could point to the gauntlets. With one bandaged finger, proof that he still made mistakes, he drew a design in the air above the leather. "I was thinking something like this since it would match her outfit." He'd noticed a long time ago that his sister loved to shop and when she did she usually got things that went together. So when he made things for her he tried to match what she had. "Do you think that would work? Or would the beads be too small?" To emphasize what he meant he held up his hand and between his thumb and index fingers he showed just how small he wanted the beads to be. They weren't the tiniest but they also weren't really big. Dovian thought that the bigger beads would make it look too gaudy and so he worried about putting them on his work.

"If I can't do the beads then I would like to find something else that I could make the design with." Though he wasn't exactly sure what that would be. The design had only just popped into his head after seeing the vase being made so it would take him a lot of thought to figure out what to do if his first choice was taken off the table.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Heras Box

Kyril smiled slyly at his response, "That's to be expected. If you were already a blacksmith I would be impressed since you look to be about my age." The hybrid tucked a teal strand of hair behind a finned ear as she studied the gauntlets closely, "Still for an apprentice you show a lot of talent - my mentor and I have worked with a few blacksmiths so far and this is a good piece." She pursed her lips as she held up the gloves so that the sunlight from the window could highlight the edges of the leather more clearly. There were a few designs that she could think of doing for him but it was his design not her own.

Lowering the gloves again she studied him as he got closer and pointed to the gauntlets. Talk about a man who was definitely invested in his work and not in any attractive women who may or may not be extremely close to him right now - that much Kyril could appreciate, "Glass beads?" She repeated blinking as she shifted her gaze once more to the items in her hands, "It depends on how much you think these will be used for fighting and on how hard your twin hits." Kyril finally stated after a long moment, "Smaller beads would be best because then I could make them solid whereas something bigger would be too much and possibly easier to fracture if not break completely."

"I could also do a gilding. I could stud them with the glass beads in certain areas and then do lines to connect the beads in your design. The lines would be faint enough to not show until she's moving in sunlight or someone is specifically looking for them." Kyril glanced towards the hybrid with a small smile, "How does that sound?" Then as the question left her lips the woman found herself laughing, "You know here we are working together and neither of us knows the others name."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:25 am
Sabra Knight

He supposed the girl was right. If he were already a full fledged blacksmith then it would be impressive given his age. When she complimented his work he smiled at her. "Thank you. When I make things for my sister I do my best work to avoid getting punched." Dovian gave a chuckle at the end. Of course Shura didn't deck him but if he gave her anything less than his best she punched him in the arm. Not her hardest but enough for him to feel it.

As the teal haired girl brought up some good points about the design and the gauntlets themselves he drew his brows together to think. How much would they be used? Well that was hard to answer. His twin used different pairs for different things. If these ended up being her training gloves then they would be used a lot. If they were used simply for fashion then they wouldn't really see any action. If they were a normal pair then they might only be used for when she expected to fight. Which was an unpredictable thing knowing Shura.

Dovian brought one hand up and scratched at the back of his head as all of those thoughts went through his mind. "It's hard to say how often they would be used. I suppose I should prepare them for the most use and go from there." It made sense. That way if she did want to use them often they wouldn't fall apart. "And uh... my sister hits pretty hard." Dovian had gotten first hand experience about that. He could still remember the pain from having his face meet her fist. Not very pleasant.

Mention of a gilding had him once again shifting close so that he could look at his work. He was trying to imagine how it would look. Having that woven in with glass bead studding would look amazing. So he grinned and looked up at the girl's face to nod. "I think she'd like that better."

"Huh? Oh! I'm Dovian." He hadn't meant to forget to introduce himself but the conversation had gotten away from him before he could and once they got to talking about crafting it left his mind completely. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to be rude." Dovian lowered his head a little as if he were bowing it. He found that it added to his sincerity.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 pm
Heras Box

Kyril paused at his words and couldn't resist raising a brow in slight amusement, "She sounds like a fun one to have to please." She quipped lightly before shaking her head, "I suppose she's just very into expressing herself then." Even with her large family and the majority of fighters in it she didn't have to worry about someone being physical like that....well maybe she had to worry about one setting fires at random, but that was another story entirely. Still it made sense why he worried about his sister being around the corner earlier. The last thing Kyril wanted was to get into a fight since she had harmed enough of her body by doing her glass and metal work.

She watched as he contemplated her words and the answer made her nod in agreement, "Then we should go with the denser glass beads so that they don't shatter upon first impact." Kyril smiled teasingly as she glanced towards the other hybrid, "I can't guarantee they'll be perfect if she's truly fond of throwing a lot of strong punches, but they should last the first few brawls before needing some minor repair." Thankfully she already had some beads created that could fit with the gauntlets. She had made quite a few when first practicing the craft and had stored them in a small velvet bag that was resting somewhere on one of the many shelves lining the workshop.

"I'm glad you think so." Kyril couldn't resist smiling at his happy reaction, "Your sister should be delighted once these gauntlets are finished." She tossed her ponytail over a shoulder before offering her free hand out towards Dovian, "It's not a problem, really. I was just as distracted as you were, Dovian. It seems we both get a bit caught up when discussing a project, but it's nice to meet you. My name is Kyril. If you'd like we could work on this right away since my mentor should be gone for a while." That would mean the workshop would be hers and she didn't mind sharing, especially with someone else who was good with crafting. Blacksmith or not there was still a few similarities with what they did after all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:04 am
Sabra Knight

He didn't mind his sister and her reactions so much. He knew how she was and he'd lived with it his whole life. If she were any different then he might assume that she had an evil twin that was bent on taking over the world. Still he smiled fondly as Shura was discussed. "She is fun to please. She really likes her gauntlets." And he loved making them.

His head nodded as the mention of denser glass beads was brought up. He'd not thought of that. Then again he didn't know that glass could be denser than what it already was. Which was likely why he worked with metals and leathers only.

Being given the girl's hand he reached out with his own and took it. Dovian made sure to keep his grip light so as to avoid hurting her with his callouses. Since he was taught by his mother he knew how to treat a lady so Kyril's hand was brought up and he placed a light kiss to the back of her hand. "A pleasure to meet you." There was nothing more beyond that since he lowered her hand and soon released it. Dovian was back to business almost instantly when the hybrid girl said they could work on the design right away. "That would be great. I don't think I have much time before my family and I leave town." Typically they all traveled together. His father sold things so they moved from town to town a lot before going back to their home village. Shura and he both needed to spend time with their mentors to learn so they traveled with their father and rather than leave their mother at home alone, especially with the threat these days, their father made sure to bring her along. (Though Dovian also suspected it might have something to do with his dad missing home cooking.) "How long do you think it would take?" He knew he couldn't do much as far as helping her work her craft but he could at least hand her materials and tools as they were needed.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:10 pm
Heras Box

The corner's of her mouth quirked upwards in another teasing smile, "Now you're making me feel guilty that I don't craft enough for my own siblings." The hybrid's gaze glimmered as she thought of her family though there was a slight tinge of something like sorrow in the thought considering how long it had been since she had last visited home. While she loved her craft she did miss the beaches of Matori and staying with her mentor meant sacrificing the comforts of home for the newness of Oba. Certainly she had been to Oba many times growing up but never had she actually lived here on her own for longer than a few days let alone months.

"Oh." The surprise left her lips in a soft whisper and only held a slight tinge of a flush on her cheeks as Dovian's lips graced the back of her hand. While she had known some nobles to introduce themselves in such a manner Kyril had not been expecting it from the blacksmith. It seems he's a bit of a gentleman then. She reflected before shaking her head and taking back her hand and turning away from him, "Then we'll work quickly. Thankfully you have the gauntlets prepared so I just need to carve the design so that we know where the gilding will be and where I should place the beads." While she spoke her left hand rubbed the back of the kissed one thoughtfully, "It should only be a few hours at the most since I have the beads prepared."

Pushing aside her distracting thoughts about the suddenness of a gentleman in her shop, Kyril turned so that she could wave a hand towards one of the higher shelves. At the motion a rune glowed as at the base of her neck was a cord of leather that dipped downwards with an emerald rune that rested below her collarbone, a perfect accessory for a mage who never knew when she would need to cast magic. Creating a wind in the room allowed the bag to float gently down from its resting place and float to Kyril's hands. "Choose from that bag whichever stained beads you prefer and I'll begin the etching." She pressed the bag towards him with a faint smile, "Most of them may be clear, but there are some with hints of red, violet, gold, and teal inside."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:17 pm
Sabra Knight

A bit of a chuckle left him when she said that she was starting to feel guilty for not making her own siblings things. Dovian had to shake his head for a brief second. "Don't feel bad. I mostly do it because she's the fighter and I'm just a creator." He felt it was his way of contributing. Really the only way he could contribute since hitting people was not really his thing.

As Kyril used magic to bring a bag of beads over to them he stared at it. Magic was always amazing to see in action. "That is amazing as well. It seems you have more than one talent." How he wished he could claim the same thing. Dovian was just good with his hands, that was all. Pushing the thoughts aside he moved to inspect the beads that were present in the bag, nodding his head as she farther told him that there were some colored ones to be had somewhere. He seemed to perk up at the mention of red and gold. His sister wore those two colors enough that they would go with just about anything she had. Dovian went through and selected the few that he thought would make the gauntlets really stand out and set them near Kyril. "These should work, I think." Even though he seemed hesitant he looked to be proud of his selection.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:06 pm
Heras Box

The sound of the escaping chuckle lit her gaze in the slightest bit before she turned to clear off an area of the table for their work, "I suppose, but you do inspire me to try and prepare something for the next time I visit my family down in Matori." In a sense Kyril understood him as she was more a creator than a fighter despite her runes and magic. Fighting always had been a bit too dirty for her? Or rather not a necessity? Her siblings took care of that, especially young Cahira who was determined to go and scour the world.

A small knowing smile flickered across her lips at his compliment of her magic, "Ah, yes. Magic apparently runs in my family a bit but I'm not much of one for healing nor do I fight so it was a blessing to find out that I could craft like this instead." A faint flush decorated the ridges of her high cheekbones, "It's refreshing to be able to summon a wind while I'm working - perhaps I'm a bit spoiled by it but why not?" If you had the capability then it was perfectly fine to utilize it to make your life a bit easier, right?

As she studied his selection of beads a faint frown furrowed her brow but then as she turned them over in her fingers the hybrid finally nodded, "These should do fine indeed. I have a rose gold that I can use to connect the pieces..." She motioned towards her work table, "Come and help me to etch the design. I know you are working as a blacksmith but do you etch often? I can teach you if not and you can help me to keep the pattern similar to what you desire for your sister's gauntlets." She pulled over another stool before gracefully sitting on another one next to it, her ankles crossing lightly as she unlocked a small wooden toolbox with slender knives and razors for carving elaborate and sometimes very miniature designs.

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff