Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 am
Sabra Knight

"We used to, but it's not a fair trade when one side has nothing to give." She remembered missing her grandfather so badly when he left. As a child she always wondered if he would come back at all, but when he did, packs laden with supplies, the village would greet him like a hero. The lower tribes had always been faithful to the Ild'vann before the winters consumed them, but these days it was every tribe for themselves.

She would finish her hunt, and return to the mountain where she belonged. It was the only reason she'd come this far South, thus marking a small milestone in her life. Not only had she met someone of a different race, but also wasn't at immediate risk of frostbite by exposing her face.

"She's not leaving, she's scouting. We followed a raptrix pack south and with as much blood as we've shed they'll likely be drawn to it." Should I dare offer my aid in carrying more meat to your home with you? Sylvirah furrowed her brows a hairs breath before letting loose a surprised laugh. "No, no. We can manage just fine, but if it's company"- she paused at that, giving him a very pointed look, "-you're after, Ada can carry you to the next village."

Sylvirah had no desire to bring a stranger up North; or rather, one not inherently built to survive in Zena's frost tipped mountains. If he thought it cold here then he would no doubt die in her village, and while the shifter may have been a man killer she wasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 pm
Painted Moose

"Ah." Zyphire pursed his lips. For once the man was quiet as he truly didn't understand the full situation as he had never been raised in such a desolate place and even his Zenan relatives had been born into a life of some luxury. To imagine that there were actual people here struggling, that maybe only groups of twenty gathered and hunted up here....well that was something new. It was a far cry from the bustling communities in the jungle and the crowded areas of Oba.

Zyphire raised a brow at the explanation for the chiavi's actions, "The more you know. Aren't you afraid she'll attract attention? But then again I guess even large birds can be rather silent and discreet when this place is constantly blocked by snow and wind." Seriously how did any life even attempt to flourish in these northern mountains? The thought brought an involuntary shiver and the man studied the young huntress once more. Apparently it worked for some people...

Chucking at the hint Zyphire shook his head, "I'd rather help you out and spend time with someone as interesting as you. Going to a village doesn't guarantee company as welcomed as yours." He shrugged his shoulders, "But I'm not one to overstay my welcome. Could you at least walk me towards some path or directions that lead back towards the southern areas? I seemed to have turned myself around before our encounter and well....unfortunately Zena's landscape is still kinda foreign to me."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:30 pm
Sabra Knight

[9/10]

Sylvirah stepped away from the mammu to gather up her supplies. At first she gathered up the meat before wrapping them in a larger fold of fabric, tying it off like a satchel and slinging it over her back. "Ada knows what to do if she's spotted, and she knows to come back to me quickly if she hasn't found anything-" The huntress padded over to her spear and with a harsh jerk pulled it from the frozen ground before turning her golden eyes toward him, "-And not to come near if she has. "

As badly as it would hurt to lose Ada, especially given the severity of her lifestyle and the near daily sacrifices, the Ild'vann had trained all of their mounts to lead predators away from a hunt at all costs while out scouting. Sometimes it didn't work and not every mount was smart enough to retain the training, but Ada did. She didn't know much, was a creature of whims, but Sylvirah knew she'd sooner die than bring anything vicious to her owner.

...company as welcomed as yours.

Sylvirah rolled her eyes. She stepped away from him, shouldering her burden with a passive nod southward. "Come on. There's an old mountain pass half a days walk from here that'll take you down to Zidel. I'll take you that far; think you can make it the rest of the way on your own?" It wasn't a jab so much as an actual question; she wasn't likely to leave him alone to die, but the detour alone was going to cost Sylvirah time.

"What makes me so interesting? Aren't there any girls where you're from?" Clearly she wasn't keen on letting it go. To Sylvirah his constant quips and flattering comments were little more than weird noise, but it did make her wonder what kind of women he was used to. Weren't shifters hunters too? And if they weren't, then what did they do all day? If they were all murderers like him then how did their people survive?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm
Painted Moose

Even though she didn't seem too keen on his advances Zyphire still saw hope in the fact that she did offer him aid. Even if they weren't going to warm a bed together the shifter at least could have some company. It did get rather lonely traveling in the cold of Zena after all and he was glad to have someone to talk with, "Thank you for the offer. If it really isn't too much of a burden on you I would appreciate the help."

Zyphire chuckled, "I dunno. Maybe it's the whole wild mountain woman aspect? You're also very straightforward and its refreshing." He shrugged his shoulders, "Can't a man just appreciate a pretty face and strength?" The shifter couldn't resist teasing before checking over everything once more and straightening the newly acquired meat and pelt into his belongings, "As it is having company does take off a bit of the bitterness of the cold and that much I definitely am thankful for."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am
Sabra Knight

[FIN]

Sylvirah contemplated telling him that yes, this was a sort of burden when a large shadow loomed over head. When she craned her neck skyward, posture tensing in preparation of a fight, the huntress only saw Ada. Her chiavi was making a lazy circle around them, no doubt still patrolling, but the fact she'd returned so quickly meant their earlier fears weren't as close to reality as Sylvirah feared.

"Can't a man just appreciate a pretty face and strength?"

No, they couldn't.

The problem with just 'appreciating' something meant that at some point that same man would desire it, and Sylvirah didn't want a baby in her belly. Not yet, anyway, and the idea of laying with a foreigner was unsettling. He was appealing enough, sure, but acts like that were pushed to the wayside in light of her current goals.

"So long as you keep your hands to yourself then we'll be just fine." She didn't know what sort of company she could be for him, but honestly, she didn't mind it. Sylvirah was used to hunting in groups and for the moment it reminded her of being back home. Soon enough she would return to the village but for now she could 'appreciate' the novelty of traveling with a misplaced stranger.

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff