Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Tendaji [RP Area]
[PRP Matori] First Catch of the Day (Kyril & Theriar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 pm
Theriar Post 1

Theriar had set the nets early in the morning and then proceded to haul in the days catch, there were a variety of healthy fish in the net and he selected the small ones to go back to live another day. He kept only those who were not in breeding colors too, otherwise down the line he would run the risk of depleting his whole stock. He thought that maybe some of the other fisherman thought this was and that was good.

He packaged everything up for the trip to the market and set sail for the shore. Upon landing he buckled the boat back up and then set up shop for a good day selling his fresh catch.

It was sunny out with a light breeze and it was an awful good day to be alive. He had recovered some from the loss of his woman. That girl Cahira had done more to glue him back together than 100 nights spent alone and he was so grateful for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:24 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

Scarves, dresses, some chocolates, and maybe those daggers for the boys. Kyril pursed her lips thoughtfully as she trailed her fingers along a merchant's stall. There were a variety of gifts that she could get for her family but perhaps it was best to wait considering the array of goodies that she already carried in her satchel for them all. It was rare that she got a few days to go home to Matori and the young woman had perhaps been a bit too excited to bring presents home.

It was also a surprise visit since she had come home earlier than expected. Her gaze gleamed with amusement as her lips curled upwards as she thought of the reactions that she could get from her family. At least I hope they'll be happy to see me. She laughed softly before her walk took her to the food area of the market where everyone was bartering for fish and other fresh produce from the area. I could... If she was accurate with her guesses then her family should be out doing their typical daily activities so she could sneak into the kitchen and prepare a meal. That would be nice. It felt like it had been ages since she had gotten to eat together with her whole family or at least most of them considering Koril was still out and about in his travels.

Her golden gaze skimmed across the stalls until she noticed a rather unique looking merchant, someone of obvious hybrid blood who stood taller than most, and it was him who she approached, "I'll take some of your best fish." Kyril commented boldly as she walked up to the stall and smiled towards the other hybrid.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:48 pm
"Do you like light tasting fish or pardon me for saying it this way "fishy" tasting fish?" He had two different kinds that had come in wonderful this morning but he needed her to differentiate before he selected them. Fish was an art to some and in his case it was a career which meant that if he didn't do it right he went hungry and one got quite tired of one's own fish after a while.

He had his mind on soup and bread tonight for dinner. But that could wait until his customer was satisfied. "The sailfish was feisty this morning I must say, lots of high quality nutrients in there. The flounder too was good and of decent size as you can see from the fillet both are the best quality I have at the moment."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

Kyril pursed her lips at the question, "I suppose the 'fishy' option is preferable since my family enjoys flavor." The hybrid nodded her head, "That and I suppose the more important question is whichever is enough to feed about eight or ten?" There would be her siblings, her parents, and possibly her mother's friends as well. Her home was always a busy place after all and Kyril doubted being away for a few weeks would alter any of that.

"Hmm." She nodded at his information before a light flush decorated her cheeks, "To be honest I've never cooked much before and so I've always had someone else to help me pick out the fish. Do you think the flounder would be better for me to spice? I wouldn't want to have to drown it in spices so I would appreciate something that could be subtle after all..."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 pm
Sabra Knight

"The flounder is both the more fishy version as well as the most fish I got in today. It should be plenty enough to feed your family but somewhat cumbersome to carry back, I don't suppose you can summon some help at all? A non fish eating familiar would be helpful. If not you might have to make two trips as that is a lot of fish."

Or at least it was if her family ate fish like he could eat. Being abnormally tall he was quite fond of food. However catching it tended to work off most of those calories so he wasn't packing a paunch.

"The flounder has great flavor, you see the blue stripe here down the side on this one, I didn't fillet it because its such a stunning specimen. The others were just like this one before processing, the stripe means they were getting good nutrients from the ocean which enhances flavor. Win - win in my estimation."

They were good fish and he would protect that hole now strongly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:44 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

Kyril pursed her lips, "Wouldn't a basket full suffice?" She had already purchased a basket from another vendor surely, but she wasn't certain about how much time she had for two trips, "That or I suppose you don't deliver do you?" She teased lightly as she flashed the hybrid a smile. That would be far too easy, wouldn't it?

As he spoke she slowly nodded her head, "I see. I suppose you really sold the flounder to me then. Can I buy a basket's worth?" She held up the one that had been resting on her arm, "Or do you really think I'll need more?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:34 pm
Sabra Knight

"That is quite a lot of fish for one basket, I haven't been that busy I could help you carry the rest if you like. Sometimes its good to change the daily pattern." Particularly for him. But he wouldn't word vomit on her like he had on the other fire water hybrid he had seen."

"It shrinks a little when its cooked, so I recommend having a little more on hand." He started prepping the fish and getting it packaged up better. "Never fear your family will be well fed."

He wondered where her family lived, if it was far or close, on the shore, in the interior. He guessed he would find out soon enough if she wanted delivery.

"I trust the rest of your day is going well."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:05 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

Kyril's gaze widened happily, "Oh really?" Her lips curved up into a wide smile as she stared towards the hybrid, "I would truly appreciate it....I mean if it's not any trouble." She glanced around, her lips slipping downwards into a thoughtful frown, "I wouldn't want you to miss out on business after all. Of course I would compensate you for the help, I do have some coin after all." Not that she was one to brag or wave about her wealth to get things, but she wouldn't feel right if she simply let him help her for free - not when it could lose him some sales.

"I'll remember that." Kyril laughed quietly, "I've been in Oba for so long that I nearly forgot what a fish looked like so I'll need all the tips about cooking it that I can get." She teased as she watched him packing up the fish. It was rare that she had gone to a fish market while growing up so it was fascinating to see the whole process. Even when her mentor had her running errands in Oba it was mostly just to pick up rice or some bread or already cooked meat. Her mentor didn't like fish all that much after all.

As he worked it seemed that he was opening up for small talk and after a moment of hesitation Kyril rolled her shoulders, "Honestly it's going fairly well. I'm nervous because I haven't been home in a while but at the same time I'm happy to see Matori again. How about you...?" She trailed off as she realized they didn't know each other's names, but then again who often introduced themselves to merchants while shopping?  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Sabra Knight

"Its no trouble, this is usually my slow day, let me just repack the fish in ice then we can go," Well you knew you were awfully bored when...but it was true, it was his slow day and he needed to do something, besides true customer service seemed to be lacking these days, he wanted to change that. This was the way to promote loyal customers.

"Coming home can be a bit jarring I find but mostly when your parents treat you like your still a teenager." He smiled. His parents were like that, the moment he came home he hid in his room to escape the jabbering that went on. He hadn't been home in a long time.

Fish packed he was ready, he nodded at his neighbor who would keep his stock safe while he was gone. "So where are we headed?" He shouldered the larger package of fish and waited for her direction.

"I've never been to Oba, but I would like to go eventually, any tips?"  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff