Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 am

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 am

Deimos hadn't seen, nor heard, from Cerpin since the space mission they'd been on and hadn't really thought to ask Tevini about anything related to Team Space during the second ship he'd been on with her - mostly because they had an actual military leader with them, but... the silence was not ideal. He wasn't worried really about Forera, she was strong and he was pretty sure that if she'd gotten a flagship mission, she would've totally wrecked everything in her path. Cerpin though (and by extension, Tevini)... Cerpin he wasn't too sure about. Sure, he'd proven himself to be a pretty good fighter on that one ship but the flagship was an entirely different beast. So the silence was worrisome. Some of the teams had come back with severe injuries, but he'd been so out of it himself that he hadn't checked the medical wings to see if it was anyone he knew. He forced his train of thought to stop right there- no use dwelling on it. He'd come all the way out to Chittentown to find out what was up and whether or not any progress had been made and he was not about to spend that time dwelling on past things he had no real control over. He needed to focus on the now.

The now just so happened to be his trek through the largely lowblooded city toward Underworld. To say that Deimos hated sand would be an understatement - he couldn't for the life of him understand why Cerpin picked this place of all places to build a hive and own a club. The gritty material seemed to get everywhere and he was not looking forward to the possibility of it grinding around in his prosthetic.

Underworld itself seemed to be closed- which set off another red flag for him. Why? They were all back, weren't they? He decided to let himself in, trying the doorknob just to see if it was actually locked. Much to his surprise, it wasn't. He stepped inside, brows furrowing with confusion as he looked around- this... place was a mess. Was someone moving in? Moving out?? He closed the door behind him and then picked his way through the clutter. "Cerpin, what the ******** is all this mess?" He called out, hoping that maybe if he was loud enough the purpleblood would show himself. "Seriously this might actually be worse than my hive and you've seen that."

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:36 pm
Stress and Cerpin were two things that rarely interacted. But upon the rare occasion that they did, things did not tend to go well. Preparing the club for his 'moirail' and her lusus to move in had been proving harder than expected. Not only did he have to tell his roommates about the latest development but there was also the problem of being thorough in destroying any evidence of rebel activity. They'd been careful before just in case a police raid was to drop by but... a nosy doting mother making herself at home was bound to be more investigative than the cops!

An unexpected voice cut through his thoughts as he finished boxing up some unmentionable things. Things that were not out of place at a nightclub but certainly not something Aerona would want Sophitia to see. He paused to listen and the voice called out again. Why was Deimos here? The tealblood usually lived in isolation in the woods. The... tealblood... Crap! He raced out of the room and waved at his friend from across the empty dance floor. If Aerona saw him, her highblood hatred was bound to lock on to another new target. He didn't really need the stress from that right now on top of everything else.

"Deimos! Good to see you again, dude. C'mere-" The purpleblood scrambled towards the other boy and grabbed him by the arm. Dragging him forcefully into one of the VIP rooms, he ignored any confusion or protests until the door was securely shut. It was quiet inside as the club was closed and there wasn't any music to be heard. Underworld was remarkably boring and normal outside of business hours.

"Sorry about that. It's kind of complicated to explain." He rubbed at a sore spot on his arm from all the packing and lifting he'd been doing lately. "I, uh, have a... moirail... of sorts moving in. She's kind of a firecracker. She doesn't like highbloods much." Somehow, Cerpin's face did not look elated as one might expect for such an occasion. He looked somewhat content but mostly tired. Letting out a yawn, he made a half-assed attempt to cover it with a hand.

"So yeah, pardon the mess. What's up with you?"

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:31 am

Just as his mind decided to settle on the concept of someone moving in, Cerpin called back to him. His head jerked up from staring at the boxes around his feet, but before he could so much as greet the other boy he was being grabbed and pulled somewhere else in the club. At first his reaction was, indeed, to try and tug himself free, but it seemed Cerpin had quite the grip on him and he ended up in the VIP room no problem at all. What the hell. He eyed the door, then Cerpin, rubbing the spot where the purpleblood had garbbed him. "Wait, wait. What?" He immediately stopped, waving the hand that had been soothing his arm as his expression scrunched into confusion.

Cerpin hadn't really talked about... anything particularly quadrant related, just friendship, but somehow he got the feeling this wasn't quite right... Maybe it was the expression on his face or the lack of obnoxious celebration going on. "That doesn't even make sense- you're a highblood, like, high as they get on land. I'm middle." It seemed he didn't quite get that tealbloods were often lumped into the highblood category- especially by those particularly low on the caste system. Then again outside of the occasional appearance at a festival or helping out with the space reclamation, he didn't exactly spend a lot of time around a diverse group of trolls.

"Whatever- that doesn't matter." He waved his hand again and shook his head- they were already getting off track. He hadn't exactly considered that Cerpin might not have communicated with him at all because of a quadrant. "I came to see if you like, died, or somethin', 'cause it's been a bit since everythin' ended and I haven't heard anythin'. Like... did any progress happen or are we still square one... I'm not even sure what your big plan to get up there-" he pointed almost aggressively overhead, "-even is." He supposed maybe they'd just neglected to tell him much on account of his age, but he was older now, right? Old enough to go on pseudo military missions into space. Surely he'd be able to get in on the actual plan rather that just sort of... be part of a group with a goal.

"Also this is a load a s**t comin' from me but you look terrible and like you need way more sleep." He folded his arms across his chest and leveled Cerpin with a flat stare. Sure, he may not be able to sleep himself, but that didn't mean he wouldn't harangue the people in his life that could into doing it.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:23 pm
Deimos had come all the way out here to check if he'd died. Cerpin rubbed at his forehead before running his hand through his bangs. That was embarrassing. He was supposed to be managing this whole operation but with the turbulent transition period after the space mission, he'd totally dropped the ball on checking in with the rest of his team. It was hard to stay organized when it felt like your life was about to fall apart.

"Oh. Uh. That is completely my bad. I'm sorry, Dei." He took a seat on the comfortable plush seats to rest his legs. "We've made tons of progress getting materials and Vee's working hard on perfecting the design of the ship. The main obstacle now is kind of... complicated." During their time above Alternia, the rebels had managed to steal enough data while those on the ground crews had stolen the bulk of the materials they would need. There was a lot of work to be done upgrading the swamp outpost with their new tech. But beyond that, there was the issue of scouting out a good launch site to begin production on. But would Byakko approve of him including an outsider to the rebellion in the process of searching one out? Cerpin wasn't ********, he'd forgotten to check in with Stryke on how the screening test had gone. That would likely determine how much he could get away with regarding Deimos.

"Basically we need to find a launch site and start building one. The problem is finding a place the Empire won't stumble across. There's a couple of directions we could go with this but... just a matter of talking with the boss." He shrugged his shoulders. Talking with Byakko was not something he was looking forward to after the massive argument he'd had with Tevini. Cerpin was not expecting the conversation regarding his compromised identity to go well.

"As for sleep, I wish I could. There's just too much ******** s**t to do these nights." The purpleblood exaggerated a groan for dramatic effect but in truth he was feeling some exhaustion. He was getting worn down on a lot of fronts. He had too much on his plate from working his normal nightclub job, preparing the place for two new residents, arguing with Tevini, planning the space program's next move and tormenting himself over thoughts of Sascha. There was also combat training to be done with Keionx and experimenting with this new foreign power that he had discovered. He had no idea if it had frightening limitations the way Tevini's caused her to bleed internally if pushed too hard.

"You know me. Nothing can ever be easy in my life." Cerpin laughed and just kind of laid back. He was so tired.

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:55 pm

He rolled his eyes, though his mouth formed a slight grin. Figured he'd get so distracted with other stuff that he'd forget to think about the rest of the team or something. Then again, how big was the team anyway? All he knew was himself, Cerpin, Tevini, and... Polair. Right... Polair... He decided to help himself to a seat as well, bringing his legs up to pretzel them under himself. "Figures. So you just need a big part a land in a secluded place where it won't get disturbed." How hard could that be? Well- wait, that was going to be difficult. Then again there had to be SOME places where trolls could disappear, otherwise how would an entire rebellion function on the planet? Another thing he was curious about but didn't dare ask.

"Right, so, you have the option to sleep so you better do it. Rera does a real nice knock out punch if you need it." He actually grinned at that. "Seriously though she's knocked me out a couple times- best sleep ever if you can handle the the bruisin'. Got her to do it before a couple ship recon missions 'n it was like, the most awake I've been in ages." He was gonna have to resort to other methods eventually but that was a problem for future Deimos to handle. Whenever that was. This was.. the first time he'd used her actual name with Cerpin- then again this was his nightclub so it should be fine. "Also lavender in your slime helps. Or at least around the rim of the coon." He hadn't really thought he'd be passing out tips to help other people sleep but here he was. Doing just that.

"Yeah, yeah. You sure like to make stuff hard for yourself." He snorted, shaking his head a little. "What's up this time? Or is it like... y'know. Stuff I shouldn't be askin' about on account a not really bein' privy to it." He narrowed his eyes. It was tough wanting to know more about people and what they were up to but at the same time not wanting to know anything about the things that might put them in danger. At least... not without also being part of those things. As far as he was concerned, the less he knew about rebel activities, the better, just in case he got nabbed or something.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:18 am
Should he be concerned that Deimos's solution for insomnia was getting decked in the brain? Cerpin wondered if this would have any ill effects on his navigational abilities on the crew. Well, whatever, if it got the tealblood a little shut eye, that was probably more important.

"Thanks, I'll keep those things in mind." The purpleblood didn't even know where to buy lavender but maybe he'd track some down if it was that pleasant. He truthfully didn't have any problem getting to sleep, the issue right now was a problem of making time to do so. It was sweet of Deimos to offer advice though. After their last talk, he hadn't expected the tealblood to open up to him much further. This was a nice surprise.

"Dei, you know you can ask me anything." Cerpin chuckled as if he found the other boy's uncertainty cute. "Though I can't promise you'll stay out of trouble once you hear the answers." After all, it was up to the insomniac to set the limits on how much he wanted to be involved with things rather than it being Cerpin's discretion. It was only a matter of time before Forera reeled him in after all. And when had the two of them been on a first name (real name?) basis? Interesting.

"As for your question, it's... a lot. Lots of things are exploding in my face. My love life is falling to shambles and I still have to juggle my job, my space program and my training!" He threw his hands in the air in defeat. "Which would you like to hear about first? My cursed to-all-s**t red crush, my ******** black crush, or my fake pale quad?"

He had ninety-nine problems, how to pick just one?

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 am

"Yeah I know I can, but it isn't a good idea to give me too much information 'cause y'know, what if somethin' happens and I get like, questioned. Then you got a loose end that knows all kinds a stuff about you." He quirked a brow, facial expression indicating that this was clearly an obvious problem. "I don't ask Rera a lot either for the same reason." He shrugged... then wiggled a little in place to settle further into the chair. This thing was actually pretty comfy... if he weren't sure it cost a small fortune he might actually ask Cerpin where to get one.

He remained quiet while Cerpin listed off the latest series of messes, gaze focused on the ground as if he were processing it with utmost seriousness. Which, he was, but he was also tearing it apart in his mind and needed a moment to sift through what he actually wanted to say. "So..." He paused, slowly looking back to Cerpin. "...about that whole 'its good to be open with your feelings thing'........ did you give that advice before or after all a that?" Dei seemed equal parts amused, amazed, and perhaps... mildly concerned. Honestly he wasn't sure he wanted to know too much about quadrant drama- it seemed like his worst daymare. Space program was far more aligned with his interests, or maybe Cerpin's training... he hadn't heard about it before.

All of these problems seemed to be pretty serious- well, maybe not the training one, that one probably had less urgency than the others. It was hard to pick one to ask about first though- eh, he'd cycle through it all. "Right so we're gonna talk 'bout all of 'em 'cause I dunno... t'me kinda sounds like you're in a corner 'n that's not good." To him, anyway. He associated that sort of thing with the night he'd lost his foot. "So let's start with the red quad thing, yeah? So what's with the curse?"

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:23 pm
"Now that's an interesting thought." Cerpin leaned forward to take hold of Deimos by the chin, "If interrogated... would you rat me out?" He seemed satisfied simply asking the question to force the tealblood to think carefully about the answer, even if he didn't respond out loud. Letting go, he laughed and clapped casually at the other boy's dig over their last talk. The insomniac had him there.

"Oh geez, good thing I stock ice in these rooms for that burn." He opened a well hidden cupboard to pull out a small cooler filled with ice and some drinks. Jokingly, he tossed a handful of it at Deimos before fishing out a pair of cool sodas for the two of them to enjoy. He'd restock and clean the room later. He was surprised Deimos wanted to hear more about his troubles but it was possible the tealblood was just looking for more dirt to sass him with in the future. Or simply humoring him. Whatever the reason, he'd share a little.

"Right, so the red curse. I think you met me when I was going through rough spots with Tevini, yeah? We go way back to when we were wrigglers. For a while I thought we were on our way to forming a black quad but it turned out she was feeling flushed. When she found out, she bailed on me for two months before I tracked her down." Cerpin sipped at his soda in between sentences as he talked. Things with Tevini were always complicated to explain but the good thing was that he could be open and honest with Deimos concerning the rebel activities that colored his life. It was incredibly relieving to have a friend like that around.

"So we went to space together. And partway through, we get split up and I'm starting to realize I was wrong and I really like her. But before I can tell her, this other a*****e Sascha- you met him I think- starts planting ideas in her head about training with the military. And I can tell she's tempted. So I blow up!" It had been a spectacular self destruction on that ship. Cerpin was only thankful that there was no possible way for Deimos to get a look at any footage from it. Even thinking back on it now, he felt embarrassed about what had happened.

"When we got home, I tried to tell her but she's mad at me over other s**t with Sascha finding out I'm a rebel so she's refusing to give me the time of night. Just when I finally figured s**t out, all this crap has to happen! I'm telling you, I'm ******** cursed!" The reasons behind Tevini's anger at him were infinitely more complicated than he could explain but he was trying his best.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:47 pm

He had not expected Cerpin to reach out and take hold of him like that- He was pretty sure he was making a dumb face (at least, his eyes felt wider than normal) but despite attempting to will himself into not looking completely taken off kilter, his face just wouldn't comply. Thankfully Cerpin let go and got up. He decided to fix this by further curling up in the chair, chin safely tucked out of reach. For now. "I hadn't-... uh, I hadn't given it that much thought..." He'd just assumed they'dve already known the identities of his rebel-aligned friends and wanted more information or something if that happened. Would he have the willpower to resist spilling the proverbial beans if interrogated? Maybe, depended on their tactics. "Not without... extreme cause to." He waved off that question, thankful that Cerpin was moving on.

"Hey..!" Okay, maybe not- the makeshift ice rain was an unwelcome change in temperature- a piece even managed to get into his sweater. He fished it out and threw it back at Cerpin. "Here I am bein' generous 'n askin' about your troubles 'n you throw ice at me. Rude." He rolled his eyes, but took the offered soda and opened it up to sip at while he listened to Cerpin's explanation.

Right- Tevini. He'd suspected there was something romantic going on there but wasn't sure what. This just settled the idea that quadrants were, largely, a pain in the a** and not worth the time. And to think, he'd lectured Polair about how living a life feeling things was important yet was very, very keen on never getting those feelings for anyone himself. Then again he was more... referring to general basic emotions. Yep. "That's a ********' mess." It was stating the obvious, but... sometimes stating the obvious helped in its own way. "So wait, who's Sascha?" He never did figure out what NOVA's actual name was. He was just 'that guy with the cool powers that has a stage name based on a star phase and was Not That Bad of a Guy Probably despite being in the military and also a friend of Cerpin's' to him. He took a long sip of soda, mind working over the information Cerpin had given him. He was about to assume a lot, but a lot of his assumptions were going to be based on previous behavior Cerpin had displayed in his company so it probably? wouldn't be off the mark.

"So I'm gonna fill in some holes here 'n assume that aside kinda sounds like you pulled a meltdown like you did at my hive but this time public 'n now she's all frustrated at you for it. Did you run your mouth 'bout bein' a rebel to that guy oooor did he overhear somethin' he wasn't s'posed to? 'Cause I mean, I'm sure I'm beatin' a dead horse at this point but if you told him ... man you really gotta get better at like, not doing that. Or maybe like, warn people you're prone to confessin' your deepest darkest secrets when you get upset or somethin' so maybe someone knows to knock you out 'fore you can do it." His tone wasn't one that indicated looking down on him for the outburst if that was the case... but he definitely wasn't about to sugarcoat his words at all. If his assumptions were correct, that was one hell of a ******** up. At least with himself, Cerpin had the benefit of knowing that Deimos was a) a child, b) totally drawn in by the possibility of space travel Cerpin was offered, and c) totally enamored with Forera who would.. later reveal herself to also be a rebel.

This Sascha guy more likely than not had none of those things in his favor. He couldn't really blame Tevini for being upset in that aspect, though he supposed there was probably more Cerpin had left out, otherwise like... shouldn't... shouldn't she expect that sort of behavior from him?

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:05 pm
"You met him on the ship, remember? NOVA is Sascha. The yellow lieutenant." Explaining this did not really help Cerpin's case, rather it made his decision to out himself feel even stupider. He grumbled and his face darkened at having to talk about what had happened. In truth, he'd mostly been planning to complain about Tevini and Aerona tonight. Thinking about them made him frustrated. Thinking about Sascha made him uncomfortable. And it showed.

"He didn't overhear it, I told him. I know it was stupid. But I can't take it back now." Deimos was not wrong to scold Cerpin or give him a hard time over this. Tevini had certainly not held back during their argument over this topic. The purpleblood set down his drink and crossed his arms with a heavy mood settling over him. While the tealblood wasn't looking down on him, he certainly still was judging the rockstar for his actions. How could he not? Cerpin was not exactly behaving the way a leader should.

"I had to tell him. I owed him that much." He did not meet the other boy's eyes. "I had to break off the friendship and he deserved to know why. He's- ********, I hate this." The words they had flung back at forth at each other still bothered Cerpin. How the rebellion was doomed to fail. How a civil war could tear Alternia apart and leave it vulnerable to enemy attacks from the outside. Eons of history and culture could not be denounced by the masses in one lifetime. He had given up a lot to be here and it wasn't likely to end well for him. Was it worth taking up arms for a cause just to feel good and righteous if it meant sure exile and death?

"I kissed him. I like him. But it's starting to interfere with my work. And I promised to take you to the stars. I'm not going to let a ******** hate crush jeopardize that." There were some things more important than quads, as difficult as it was to accept that.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:48 pm

"Ohhhh, that's his name... I never got it." Suddenly that made a lot of sense... He'd seemed pretty similar to Cerpin, well... similar and different. He quieted down for Cerpin to further explain, busying himself with sipping on soda. Normally he was more of a juice person but this one was pretty good... Caffeine didn't exactly help with sleep. Cerpin looking so uncomfortable just made him all the more interested in inspecting the beverage. He almost felt a little bad for him- almost. "I get it, I guess." He shrugged, then continued, "like... if Rera had suddenly stopped being friends with me - or, you, I guess - I'd want an explanation and uh... not getting one would suck. A lot. So I guess I get it from that angle. But you're right it was stupid but y'know it was stupid so no point in kickin' that dead hoofbeast." It was pretty foolish to tell a military officer that he was a rebel. Now they had more leads on that whole organization, should Sascha choose to rat him out or something.

"Okay, so, he's the black quadrant part of this mess so we're two topics in." He grinned, "does he like, feel the same? 'Cause I mean, then at least you probably don't gotta worry about him rattin' you out to the higher ups. Maybe. If he's that sorta guy. I dunno, I thought he was decent." Deimos liked to think he had fairly good gut instincts on the character of other trolls..... despite having so many rebel affiliations (most of which he did not know about). "But you're not like, cuttin' people off on my behalf only are you? Or did Polair like... step away from the project?" He actually sounded a little worried at that. "'Cause uh.... if she did... did she like... say anythin' about an argument... or somethin' like that.." He glanced off to the side, sipping more soda. Yep. Totally casual. "Anyway, you did say that an' I'm holdin' you to it but that also means you gotta like, let me know what to do? 'Cause you don't gotta do everythin' yourself, in fact I'd prefer to be more hands on with stuff."

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm
"Well... I don't know. I got the ******** outta there without discussing it. I don't think it matters much what he feels. I've made my peace with things. More fish in the sea and all that, y'know?" With a shrug of his shoulders and a flippant hand gesture, Cerpin attempted to wave the question of Sascha's feelings away. In truth, he was simply too scared to know the answer. Denial was easier to deal with. He was a highblood, no one was going to push him on his s**t. Besides, he had enough other quad problems to distract him at the moment, what with Tevini dodging his advances and trying to fool Aerona's mother. He could manage his black urges with a fling at the club should the desire flare up.

"No, she didn't mention anything to me. Why... would she... Deimos? Explain." He had no clue what the tealblood was talking about. Last he'd heard, Deimos and applaud were friends. What had happened there? Admittedly, Cerpin had dropped the ball on keeping in contact with Polair. He'd been trying to give her space to navigate her blindness and what she wanted to do about it. It was probably about time to check in with her and see where things were. As the management of the rebel space program, he needed to see where it's members were at.

Deimos asked to be more involved with the project and Cerpin leaned back and looked hesitant, mulling over what he was going to say.

"I'm sorry, Dei, I wish I could give you more but... the hard truth is that there's no way to get you more hands on without getting you deeper into the rebellion. And I'm not going to jeopardize your safety like that." Cerpin's hands were unfortunately tied in this matter.

"You said you didn't want to know anything that could get you in trouble and I'm gonna honor that." It was a damn shame, there certainly was plenty that they needed to plan and discuss but so many members of the team were ordinary civilians. He felt confident he could smuggle them onto the spaceship once it was built and working but there was no way he'd be able to involve them in the building of the launch site.

"Rera would kill me if anything happened to you. For now, stick to memorizing the star charts. Navigating will be important once we take to the skies." It was something Deimos was already doing and somewhat of a throwaway task considering that but it was the best Cerpin could do.

nepsah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 pm

"Right. So is that like... a common thing for you when you're bein' open or was it just 'cause he's in the military?" He quirked a brow, expression turning skeptical. "'Cause I mean, I may not really be on board for the whole 'sharing your feelings' thing but it seems kinda dumb and ineffective to just vomit feelins all over someone and then leave before they get a chance to reply." He shrugged, then... quickly busied his mouth with another sip of soda. Great. This was... this was great. Polair hadn't mentioned anything to Cerpin about their tiff and now he was going to have to do it. Lovely.

He swallowed, "we uh... might have..." this was dumb, beating around the bush wasn't his style. He hated it when other people did it. "Okay, we got into a fight. We were talkin' and havin' a good time and then all of a sudden she started gettin' on my case about havin' high expectations a the space missions and that it was "useless" havin' wishes and dreams 'n s**t an' it bein' stupid to be motivated by emotions even a little bit an'..." He was getting worked up again just thinking about it, so he forced himself to breathe in deeply and then exhale slowly. "Okay- I guess- I got so mad 'cause she'd just offered to let me come to her hive to see all the fancy stuff she's got, right? 'Cause you know she can get better stuff for observin' the stars than I'll ever be able to afford. Or maybe have access to. I dunno. It felt like she'd just - she'd dangled a carrot in my face then told me I was stupid for wantin' it." He set the soda aside, still feeling agitated and like he needed to get up and move around.

He still wasn't sure what he'd said to set her off- he'd admitted he knew he had high hopes for the missions, hopes that weren't going to be fulfilled in the slightest but what was the harm in that? Why not want things even if they weren't obtainable so long as he knew that fact? "I didn't know she's blind, but she's actin' like its the end a the world and there's no way she can do anythin' she was doin before, but it's only 'cause she's refusin' to ask for help. I get that but she's bein' stupid about it. I told her she was an' she threatened to get me culled or somethin' so I left. I don't think we're really on speakin' terms anymore, 'lease I don't think I'm wrong an' I'm not gonna apologize for bein' right." He wasn't sure what can of worms he'd just opened with all that. Would Cerpin agree? Did the purpleblood know more about the situation that he didn't? Surely Cerpin knew she was blind. She was part of the navigation team, after all. He wasn't sure how she'd do it without eyesight but there'd be a way to work around that, especially if she'd just... set her pride aside and let someone help.

"So yeah. I s'pose that affects.. work. But it's my problem, not yours. I know she was here first..." He couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth, "and more experienced than I am so... If you'd prefer she stick around than me if she says she doesn't wanna work with me or somethin' then... I guess that's fine. I'll figure somethin' else out." God. He didn't mean that. He really didn't mean that and it was probably obvious on his face that he regretted saying it even as he spoke the words. It wouldn't be okay, not one bit.

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 pm
"Sascha's not a feelings kind of guy. He'll be fine." He was about eighty five percent sure the yellowblood would be able to resume his normal activities after a night or two of sulking. There was an entire empire waiting on him to be useful, after all, Cerpin thought bitterly. It was crazy to think that just a month ago, things had been much simpler and carefree. Was it immature to wish those days together had lasted longer? A playful rivalry to occupy his mind instead of heavy philosophical opposition? Just more thoughts to nurse later at the bar.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down no, you're not going anywhere." Emotions spilled out of Deimos like a waterfall, more than Cerpin had seen before. He sat upright and thought over the facts that had just been dumped on him. His team was going to fall apart if he didn't do something about this. Polair's blindness had been a concern for a while now but it had instantly upgraded to major problem from what the tealblood was saying.

"I had hoped giving her some space would give her time to figure out a plan for her blindness." Cerpin's tone was troubled and his expression was dark. "Sounds like things have gotten worse. I don't want you to apologize to her and I'm not going to ask you to. You shouldn't apologize for trying to help or having dreams." What had happened to the girl he'd met in the forest that night? He had thought her mental state might be improving considering she had been well enough to participate in Superstar Authority. Was it all a front?

"There is abundant help waiting for her if she'd accept it. Tevini orchestrated a whole scheme to get her hands on medical research to help. But we both agreed that we couldn't force an operation on Polair without her consent." The research sat unused but still waiting. "We're a team and that means we rely on each other. There's no room on this crew for a person who'd cling to their pride stubbornly enough to threaten to cull you." Cerpin's fingers dug into the armrest of the chair angrily, a murky purple spreading across them for a moment before vanishing. This was what the rebellion was fighting to end. The cruel and thoughtless whimsy of a highblood being able to dictate who lived and who died depending on how offended they felt at a particular moment. This could not happen to Deimos. Cerpin would not allow it.

"If she doesn't want to talk or work with you, she doesn't have to. She's welcome to leave the team if it comes to that. You're staying." It was an unfortunate idea to even consider but he would not throw away a valuable member of the team that wanted to be here the way Deimos clearly badly wanted. The boy was talented, reliable and most importantly, passionate.

"I'm going to talk with her about this. Do you have any demands for her?" Cerpin could not promise to enforce all or any of them but he was willing to listen to any requests the tealblood had. If Deimos needed an apology or a gesture of some kind before he could work with her again in the future, it was okay to ask for it. It was important that the tealblood had spoken up and Cerpin was going to make things right however he could.

nepsah

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces