Submit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:53 am
tevini

x

aerona

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:54 am
The rebellion’s makeshift workshop was inspiring. Aerona had spent a bit of time in and out in her early days, but nothing quite like this. She had become addicted to the creations, the mechanical ins and outs of the loot that the intrepid ground crews had brought back from the launch sites. Since her early adolescence, tinkering was an occasional hobby. She was finally coming into her own. A late bloomer, perhaps, and nowhere near as skilled as Furore (infuriatingly enough), but she had gusto enough to try. She’d already tweaked some of the settings on the TPS in her security patrols, and manufactured her own explosives for the dangerous missions into Alternian orbit. Finally, she had some downtime.

Settling down and learning was never Aerona’s ideal lifestyle. The itch to explore, to expend her energy and exhaust her to the bone, still called. It was a manner of self-discipline, a part of her own self-regimented therapy, to sit down and put her mind to task for once. And she did.

Aerona swore and dropped the servo she was fiddling with onto the counter. For the life of her, this was a puzzle she couldn’t figure out. A drone, a mish-mash of mechanics and stolen military tech, laid dormant at her side. It was time for a break. The redblood pulled off the bandana she had tied around her head and dabbed her forehead between her horns. She got up to stretch, pulling herself into an acrobatic position in the middle of the workshop. There… That’d get the blood flowing.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 pm
Footsteps approached as another redblood entered the rebel workshop. It was a quiet day for Tevini, having visited in hopes of talking with Byakko only to be unable to find her. She'd decided to come by and see if the place needed any cleaning up or reorganizing in order to make her trip not completely in vain. She needed to feel some sort of accomplishment tonight. The past few had been very trying on her. As she stepped further inside she noted the other redblood and curiously tried to peek at her project only to hear her swear and drop it. Her next move somehow managed to surprise her again and Tevini blinked at the pose. She hesitated at what to do before deciding to just go for it. She was trying to make an effort to talk to more people even if it was intimidating.

"Hi, um... are you okay?" Tevini stepped closer, peering down at Aerona's position. She didn't look hurt but accidents did happen in the workshop all the time. Whatever was wrong, Tevini figured she'd offer to help first. It would probably be more interesting than tidying things up. Tevini enjoyed seeing things tidied up but as she'd grown up in a junkyard, she didn't require it to be perfect. As long as you could find what you needed without too much trouble it was okay.

"What're you working on?" A small part of her was happy to meet another tinker troll in the rebellion at all. She'd seen a few in here before but never actually stopped to talk with them. It dawned on her that she didn't really know what to say for making small talk if the other troll brushed her off. Nervously she started wracking her thinkpan for a back-up plan.

Sypon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:38 pm
“Mmm?” Aerona relieved herself of the stretch, pulling back her arms and releasing a deep sigh. “Oh! Ahaha, funny. Yeah, I’m great! Just stretching is all. Helps get the blood flowing.”

She smiled. Tevini was a sight - a very pretty sight - around the rebel base. She only knew her by proxy from the little scuttlebutt, but she was one of the pair who Forera had introduced to the rebellion or some such. The other half including Cerpin. Yuck.

Regardless, seeing another redblood was always a welcome sight for Aerona. “You’re Tevini, right? Aerona. I’m, uh… Hmm. Well, I WAS working on this drone. Trying to get a bit more scoutability above the canopies. But this stupid servo keeps shorting out. Here - take a look.”

She hopped up from the floor and returned to her project. Pawing through her junk, she shook her head and shrugged. “Yeah, it’s all foreign to me. Are you one of the engineers here? I’m trying to learn more advanced stuff… But it ain’t like we got a school in the bog here.”

Doutei

Sypon
Vice Captain

Doutei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:43 am
"Yes! I- it's nice to meet you." Tevini flushed as Aerona identified her. She wasn't used to people recognizing her. It was an odd feeling. She'd have to get used to it though.

"I'll take a look." Tevini frowned and moved in to examine the servo, curious to see what might be wrong with it. She appreciated Aerona's ambition to better secure the swamp. Tevini had been planning to set up more traps around it in an attempt to protect it but it did seem a good idea to be able to monitor the area better too. That wasn't the only thing she appreciated about Aerona though. She'd heard a little from Cerpin of how the redblood had acted and was interested in meeting her. At least it sounded like she didn't want Cerpin dead anymore.

Tevini wasn't so sure about herself right now.

"I'm one of the engineers who uses this place." The redblood replied while still examining the servo. She leaned in closer to it as she continued on. "If there's something in particular you'd like to know, I can answer some questions." Carefully she investigated the bearings as she listened to Aerona speak.

"If you're trying to learn for the long term, I can recommend some books." There it was. Tevini reached to open one of the drawers in the workshop to take out some replacement bearings. As she did, she realized she'd been a bit dry and boring in her replies to Aerona and paused. Argh she wasn't good at this. She struggled to fill the silence and so she opted to try and get Aerona to do the talking instead, maybe tell her a little bit about herself.

"What are you trying to learn? Is there a particular project you'd like to build?"

Sypon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 pm
“Thanks!” Aerona put her hands on her hips, pointing to the trouble spots in the device. “Yeah, I mean… What you do is kind of amazing. I wanna know it all. Fill me up with knowledge, Teach!”

She winked and shot a finger gun at Tevini, happily tapping the other against the workbench. “Book me! Oh, shoot, here. Lemme write them down so I don’t forget.”

Shuffling again through her belongings, Aerona found her small pocket journal. She leafed through it -- sketches of flora, fauna and trolls alike were scattered amongst notes and personal writings. As she tried to search for an unmarked page, Aerona hummed. “I typically work in explosives during combat, so trying to figure out alternative trigger methods and non-lethal charges would be useful. Increase safety and security in the swamp while also protecting myself from accidental misfires.”

Doutei

Sypon
Vice Captain

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 am
Tevini wasn’t used to being called amazing either. At Aerona’s praise, she flushed and looked down at the servo until the other redblood revealed her journal. Embarrassment gave way to curiosity and she started investigating it immediately.

“These are some ambitious ideas. But they’re interesting.” Tevini stated once she’d given most of it a look over. Already she was thinking them over, considering the different approaches for the different ideas. The redblood wasn’t great at summoning up the courage to help others but she was addicted to problem solving.

"It's great that you're considering your safety, as well as the swamp's. I know it's not exciting but it's important." The redblood smiled, admiring Aerona's priorities. She hadn't expected the other girl to be so careful based off Cerpin's stories. Then again he did have a knack for making his cast more dramatic sometimes. He told her serious things properly but wasn't above adding in a joke to the less serious tales. She wondered what all she had heard was true and what had been embellished. So far Aerona seemed reasonable and fun.

"If you want, I have a larger workshop back at my hive. We might be able to make some of these there." Tevini offered. She had an assortment of parts and tools there that weren't available here in the swamp. It was a lot easier to add to her kit in Chittentown than it was to smuggle them out here. Plus she was more knowledgeable of how everything flowed there and would be more efficient. Tevini blinked as she realized how much she was trying to justify this idea to herself.

'Stop it. You can just admit you want to be her friend.' She admonished herself. She'd made the decision back at the tower with that boy to start reaching after the things she wanted. That started with admitting she wanted them.

Sypon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm
"Thanks!" Aerona smiled and went to give Tevini a clap on the shoulder before pulling back. Quiet, bookish types didn't respond to that as well, usually, right? She turned her hand gesture into something of a flourish and tapped her chin. "I mean, I'd rather us be safe than dead. It's kinda stupid not to improve this stuff in the swamp, 'specially when the rest of Alternia is techno-central. We're worth way more than how we live. We gotta change that."

She mulled over the parts and was suddenly struck by Tevini's suggestion. "Your hive? Hey, that sounds great! It's a date."

Doutei
does a headspin

Sypon
Vice Captain

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out