Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] How About That One? (A’myl/Ay’ril/Laasya/drgs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 pm
Though the air was cold on the heights at High Reaches, the sun was bright and its rays warm on the skin. Two dragons, an immense bronze and an impossibly small white, transferred in from between and swooped down to land in the weyrbowl. Their riders dismounted, two young men who looked enough alike to judge them kin, and set to work removing the dragons’ tack. The dragons lazed comfortably while the men worked, having just hunted and sated themselves with a couple of nice wild wherries.

Once he was done with Vee’s tack, A’myl went to help his brother with the bronze. At his touch, Yffengeth blinked sleepily and, with a sweep of one of his massive forearms, gathered the little white to his chest like a child cuddling a beloved doll. Vee struggled for a few moments, eyes flashing a startled yellow, but he quickly gave up and instead spent his energies gazing about, craning his neck this way and that.

“Farin’s still upset that he didn’t Impress, but frankly, I’m relieved,” A’myl said, rolling up one end of the bronze’s long riding straps. “If he’s going to have a dragon, I want him in my sight. He’d have been a menace if he’d Impressed at Western.”

“Right,” was the terse reply.

A’myl glanced at his brother, as always a bit saddened by Ay’ril’s indifference to Farin. He’d certainly guessed the cause for it, after all these turns, but Faranth knew they never actually talked about it. “The firelizard egg was a fair consolation prize, at least. When it hatches, he’ll be busy with his new pet until the next gold rises.”

I hope it hatches soon, Vee said. It will be fun to have a firelizard in the family!

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:25 pm
"Woooh hooo!!!" A loud voice squealed in delight as a blue dragon descended towards the Weyrbowl with what seemed like an alarming rate of speed given their distance to the ground. However, the blue rapidly decreased it's speed as it got closer to said ground and managed to land with a gentle thud. "Most unbecoming." He huffed in agitation at his failed graceful landing at a high rate of speed. Nusueth was a dragon who very much preferred graceful and beautiful movements throughout the sky and upon landing, however, his rider had managed to coax him into doing something a little more thrilling and death defying. How? His fans would love to see him change it up now and then.
Or would admire him for his gracefulness at landing despite having a quicker speed than normal as they dropped closer to the hard ground below. Had he fallen for it? Of course! He would improve and his fans would revel in his beauty.

"Wow, that was amazing love!" A short figure exclaimed as she slid ungracefully down the side of the dragon and definitely stumbling when her feet were on solid ground. "Tomorrow we'll work on that landing." She promised him, gently stroking his cheek and cooing at the blue as if it were a babe. Neither seemed to be paying any attention to the bronze, white or their riders until Laasya turned and not only jumped back but fell hard on her bum. "Toadklah!" She exclaimed upon falling.

When she recovered she waved at all of them. "Good mornin'!" Laasya greeted happily as the blue dragon behind her chuffed in what seemed like laughter and exasperation for his rider. "Las, you need more grace training." He teased warmly through their bond.

Teiha

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:07 am
All conversation was cut off at the strange airborne howl, four heads craning up to see what the fuss was about. “That blue is coming down too fast,” A’myl snapped. The dragons had seen it too, and Vee let out a distressed creel. Yffengeth began to rise, but he was too big and slow to actually get into position to catch in time. They braced to witness a disaster, but the blue managed to slow enough to land—none too cleanly, of course—but safely. Both men sighed, and returned to breathing again.

A girl dismounted from the blue, and startled quite vigorously when she turned and saw them all standing there, falling onto her backside with a loud expletive. At her strange utterance, auburn-haired Ay’ril laughed. “Graceful and well-spoken. I like her already.”

“Are you all right?” A’myl asked, ignoring his elder brother’s amusement. This could have been a serious accident!

Meanwhile, it was Ay’ril’s Yffengeth who was asking the same of the woman’s blue, hovering over him like a massive bronze mountain. Have you any injuries, Nusueth? Any pain in your limbs or wings? You were descending so quickly! White Viyanakerth was there somewhere as well, but the massive bronze was everywhere at once, and had likely blocked him from view.

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:25 am
The sudden compliment and questioning of her health had Laasya grinning and nodding her head. "Yep! Nusueth is careful and we've been practicing this a few times." She said, slowly rising onto her feet and brushing off her butt. "We've gotta work on that landing though. Nusueth's pretty graceful, and when he isn't. . ." Laasya shrugged. "Well he likes to make sure that he is at all times." She laughed.

Nusueth on the other hand was less thrilled about the questioning of one human. Of course she--and they--were alright. As if he would let injury come to them. He huffed in response. Couldn't they tell he was beautifully constructed without a scratch on his body? He wouldn't let a scratch mar his beautiful hide. With the large bronze moving into his eyesight he quickly lost sight of all the humans and that little white that had been with them. "Mmm. There is a slight soreness to my wings, but nothing a good massage wouldn't help." He rumbled to Yffengeth.
"Lasmine believes it would be helpful to descend quickly with grace. I couldn't find a reason to disagree." He admitted. An attempt to lavish his fans with new moves. Though he admittedly preferred the much slower and near lazy moves. "Do you think my fans will enjoy the show? The surprise?" The blue asked, his eyes whirling blue. Oh how he so enjoyed their waves and tiny claps! The tiny humans were especially delightful. What were they called? Ah, yes, children. He quite liked them. So easy to please and always willing to climb upon him to rub some of his favorite spots. "The tiny humans should enjoy it, yes?"

Laasya looked to the pair of riders who looked to be related. "What are ya doin out here?" She smiled, noticing that the blue seemed to be getting along with the bronze and the white. Well maybe not the white. He appeared to be blocked by the bronze. "Seems like we gave you quite the scare!" Laasya laughed, stepping closer to them and extending both hands to each of them as if she expected a handshake. "I'm Laasya. The haughty blue over there is Nusueth. Quite the fickle dear." She grinned happily.

Teiha

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 am
As Nusueth spoke, there were muffled grunts as the little white dragon tried in vain to push the bronze’s vast bulk out of his way. Eventually he settled for taking the long way around, arriving just in time to hear the blue speaking of Children? Of course they would enjoy such a show! I also adore listening to their laughter and cheers as I swiftly flit about, making those hulking bronzes and browns look like a still life painting.

Rude, Yffengeth pretended to sulk. Vee playfully bumped him with a shoulder, and he bumped back—sending the white sprawling. But it was all in good fun. Viyanakerth trotted back to his previous spot, eyes a firmly jubilant blue.

Both men offered their hands to shake with Laasya, Ay’ril holding out the wrong one at first and then laughing at himself as he switched. “Laasya?” Ay’ril repeated. “I think I’ve seen you around. I’m Ay’ril, Wingsecond for the Hurricanes.”

His younger brother gave a slight eye-roll at Ay’ril’s blunder, guessing he’d probably done it that way on purpose. “And I am A’myl, Vee and I ride for the Tsunamis. We’ve just returned from hunting.”

~Kiana_Nala~

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff