Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 pm
User Image

One might think that this ship is out of place but to a man who's only passion in life is taking care of a ship and working with wood and steel this is completely normal. This pirate ship was created by Flynn and he uses it to roam the lands as a self proclaimed pirate of the wastelands.

It's a well kept ship where Flynn both lives and creates various weapons either just for fun or to sell and give away to folk that need them. It's made to be a close to perfect replica of a ship from the golden age of pirating but with the handy addition of tank like wheels that help it glide across various environments in a land without seas. He currently holds no allegiance to a particular group and tends to stay in neutral lands unless he's scavenging.

Current Location: Next to Mother of Pearl Vaudeville Pavilion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 pm
User Image
Flynn Rackham
Desert Pirate | Free Man | Cyborg

The memories of shore
And the red sky that warned you
Of the lightning igniting the sky
This ship is going down

With the weight of the tree and the distance to the ship, it did take a while for the two to reach their destination. A large wooden pirate ship sitting at the edge of a forest with huge mechanical wheels badly hidden in the trees. Was there really a good way to hide a ship?

"Well, this is home!" He said as they approach, that same glow in his eye's purely because he was proud of it. Once they pulled the log up along side it his let it down with a much lighter thud than when it had fallen before, careful not to harm the other. Then he turned to face the feline. "So I know it's a lot ta ask, but care to join me heading back towards the city? It ain't safe to make weapon deals and repairs here right now. You cn hang out up top in case ya feel the need to jump ship cause I'm creepy." He asked, then added what he thought to be a reasonable safe guard for Ikuto.

"Whether ya like that plan or not I still need help gettin' this up in the air. What I need ya to do is connect the hooks to these loops when I toss em' down." He explained. It really was a simple operation, and he had a system of gears to help lift the log to the side of the ship for transport, the other side already prepared with weights to even it out.

Flynn left Ikuto to make that decision and left to climb up a rope on the side of the ship. He was of course cautious and listened for any signs of an intruder in the process. It wouldn't be the first time a curious raider hopped aboard, but luckily it wasn't the care this time. "Oi, here they come!" He shout, tossing down multiple long thick ropes with hooks at the ends. "If ya plan on coming along hope on the log and it'll carry ya up!" When the man had made his decision, Flynn would activate the mechanism that pulled up the ropes, just to the point where the log would reach a few feet from the side railing of the main deck. If the feline had decided against coming along, he'd be nice enough to leave a weapon behind, but if he decided to trust Flynn well they be on their way away from the dangerous lands.

Nowhere to run
And the worst is yet to come

Who's that?: Ikuto
Where am I?: My Ship!!
Feeling: Tree's are heavy.
OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm
Where: Old Forest, With: Flynn, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, slightly anxious

User Image

When they reached the edge of the forest, the feline couldn't help but growing a bit less comfortable. He was used to living in forests, having grown up in one, and the one time he had left the cover of a forest didn't exactly end well for him. His mind wandered to the collar around his neck, which he kept on purpose, so he would never forget that people couldn't be trusted. His gaze then wandered to the back of the man before him, this Flynn, despite all his precautions and the fact he well kept in mind he was awfully quick to follow someone considering his previous situation. Ikuto could only hope he wouldn't once more regret his decision.

The cruel fact was, however, that he needed weapons. Especially if these raiders the other mentioned were the same people that had chained him all those years ago. He would need a new means of defense and quite frankly, his weapons were all to improvised to be long term, or even reliable when it came to a fight. Ears flicking slightly, Ikuto looked back up when he heard the other exclaim about his home and he looked up at the ship ahead of them. The vehicle itself wasn't unusual or impressive to the feline, he seen plenty of ships from the forest edge of his home which was close to a port city, the wheels under it though, did give him a slight pause.

When he felt the tree slide down, he quickly made sure not to be in the way, but it seemed Flynn already kept that in mind as well. The feline glanced from the tree to the ship but before he could ask, the other spoke once more and he looked at them a little surprised. Perhaps his ears would have slightly moved down as he heard the other's proposal. 'The City'. Cities didn't do Ikuto much good. There were no trees to hide under and no wildlife to hunt for dinner. However he had agreed to the deal of weapons in exchange for helping repairing the ship. If the city was the only place to do that, then the nekomata had no choice.

Nonetheless he was slightly amused by the other mentioning he could hang out on top in case he found the man creepy. Ikuto was careful as he became rather distrusting of people, but Flynn hardly struck him as a creepy person. The next step was clearly put when he was told about the hooks and loops on the tree. Even for someone as Ikuto who never worked with such a system it was easy to understand and he nodded. The feline watched as the other climbed up toward the deck of the ship, it was obviously something they were accustomed to, seeing how fast he went up. Upon hearing Flynn's call, Ikuto stepped aside briefly until the hooks had all landed and he proceeded to connect them to the loops just as Flynn had told him.

It was a well made system, that was for sure. It would make it a lot easier to get the tree up on the ship, but would it even fit on it? It was quite a large tree. Ikuto looked back one more time at the forest, perhaps with a light hesitation but he knew he was bound to the deal he had made and so he got on the log and just hoped he would reach his way back to the forest. To the feline that place was the only place he knew he could survive. Since he was quite a climber himself, Ikuto didn't wait for the log to reach the deck. Instead he moved up the rope as well and climbed on the deck almost as easily as Flynn had.

Climbing was something many nekomata learned before running, since it was very useful in a forest. "Until I hold up my end of our bargain, there isn't as such as a choice." he said. Even if he didn't speak it was probably quite apparent already anyhow. "I'll help with the repairs of the ship as I agreed to do." Ikuto spoke as he took the small ax he had been thrown earlier and offered it back to the man before him. It wasn't his after all. The nekomata had just been thrown it to help cut the branches. He didn't fully trust the man yet, but at least they still needed the feline anyhow. Ikuto would deal with situations as they arose before him for now.

Profile: Ikuto Keiko

Kitty_Mew

-

[color=crimson]""[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:58 am
User Image
Flynn Rackham

The memories of shore
This ship is going down

It was a pleasant surprise that the feline was trusting enough to Flynn to take him up on the offer and board the ship. Though he ended up feeling a little bad when the other seemed to think there was really no choice. In Flynn's eyes there was always a choice in things like this. "Well, I'm not gonna hold ya to it if you'd rather leave. I ain't like them masters." He said and he pushed back the axe that was offered to him. "You can keep that for yer trouble so far."

A simple axe like that one was easy enough to make and he didn't mind giving it up. Besides, the man already put in a good deal of work to earn it. It was of good quality with a design carefully etched into the handle and it was only slightly worn from the days activities. It was clearly a newer weapon.

"Now hold tight and I'll get us goin'." Flynn said and left to head inside what would usually would have been the captains quarters. He liked the aesthetic of the wheel steering the ship, but it was safe to keep the controls for the vehicle in a confined and armored space. There was a large window at the front of the control panel to see ahead, created with military grade glass. The interior was a small room with a wooden wheel steering device, a lever rather than peddle for speed, and multiple screens to gain a view from cameras at the sides and rear. He did however have the ability to steer from the wheel above, yet he rarely did. Behind the control panel was another door, which lead to the small room where he usually slept with a hatch that lead to his larger bedroom below the deck.

Flynn purposely left the door open to the small room in the case Ikuto wanted to enter or at least allow them to communicate. Then giving a thumbs up before an engine roared before quieting to a gentle rumble and the ship began to quickly move. Moments later they could see raiders appear at the edge of the wooded area from which they came having been attracted to the fallen tree then the sudden roar.

It was a close call this time. He was grateful that he didn't find the need to kill them to escape.

"Oi, Ikuto!" He yelled, "What kinda weapons ya use?" He asked. Curious of if he had what the other needed on hand or if he'd need to make something to suit his needs. They weren't deep into the Northern territory so it wouldn't be long before the city came into view and they would draw nearer.

Nowhere to run

Feeling: Hope he doesn't hate me uwu
OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:44 pm
Thoughts:'What did I get myself into now?'
Where: Flynn's Ship, With: Flynn, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, cautious

User Image

Hearing Flynn's reply, Ikuto may have looked at him a little surprised. Was it possible this man knew nothing about his kind? Of course that made this trip a little safer, but Ikuto was bound to the deal either way. The surprise only rose when he was pushed back the ax and told to keep it. The feline wasn't accustomed to using an ax for a weapon, but it would prove useful when building, so he gratefully accepted it. "Thank you." he said and watched as the man walked into the small room. Even Ikuto knew that was for the Captain.

It made sense, after all the ship was his. The feline relaxed himself a bit as more space came between the other and him. It wasn't that he disliked the man, he had been kind so far, but it was hard to shake the caution he was now so known with. He looked around at the ship as he stood there. It looked like any other ship safe for the wheels. When the nekomata peeked into the room Flynn went, he saw that the quarters was different too. Nothing there looked anything like the ships he had seen.

The curiosity and more relaxed demeanor didn't lest however. When the ship's engine roared, Ikuto visibly startled. His ears shot up in alert and he let out a sound like a cat's hiss as he fell back a bit. He quickly moved to the mast and climbed up in it using his claws like his tail was on fire before casting a distrusting glare at the rough position where the engine sound had come from, still growling softly. His ears now flat on his head and his tail flicking in an irritate manner he cast a look out to the forest, on time to see the men standing at the edge.

They looked pretty dangerous, perhaps they were the raiders the other spoke of? Seeing them now, Ikuto gathered they might as well be the same people that had taken him captive before. Their uniform matched at the very least. The feline sighed as he wondered what was waiting for him as he allowed himself to go back down a bit, but remained halfway the mast, now the engine had gotten softer when his ears flicked a bit up again hearing Flynn ask him a question. But he refused to come further down.

The sound was loud to him and he didn't trust it. The nekomata gave it a quick thought of what he was most used to before answering the question. "A bow would be good. I am used to those. A sword along with it would be nice if I ever end up stuck in a situation with close quarters. A dagger would be good to help build, but the ax might already help with that a lot." he spoke, clearly experienced with fighting and survival. Ikuto cast another glare at the engine, as if gauging before he allowed himself to go down to deck height again.

Once he touched deck he hesitated for a moment and then carefully stepped back on it. His heart was still beating faster than normal, but at least it would seem the machine wouldn't engulf him. Ikuto walked closer to the hut, though stayed on some small distance as he looked at the weird things inside he wasn't known with.

Kitty_Mew

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 am
User Image
Flynn Rackham

The memories of shore
This ship is going down

He was so used to the familiar noises of his ship that the reaction from Ikuto was quite amusing as he scurried quickly up the mast as if a monster was about to appear. Flynn brought his hand up to hide a laugh as they began to move. Small pet cats were uncommon to find nowadays, especially those that hadn't adapted to being feral beyond a point that he could manage so this was a welcome sight. He liked cats and it was amusing to see a man that act like one.

Flynn listened carefully to the felines answer as his eyes watched the wastelands before them. "Mhmm, I can handle that. Think I got a nice sword already made, but ya gotta test the balance o' it." He said. Swords were simple for him to create, did good damage, and were sturdy, so he liked to keep a few around. Besides, blades were a common request by his few passing customers. The bow would take some time, he'd have to craft it out of some scrap from this new haul of lumber rather than the rain damaged warped planks he had left below the deck.

"Not a fan of engines?" He asked, a bit light hearted after watching the expressions the noise had brought. "We're almost to port, so it'll stop soon." He said. Port being not the traditional meaning of the word but rather just the destination he found safe.

And he wasn't lying. The city grew closer and closer as the ship continued to kick up a dust cloud as the earth became more dry from that of the wet dirt of the lush forest area. The vehicle only coming to a slow halt as they approached a small grouping of abandoned buildings that would lead closer to the inn. He didn't live there, but rather liked staying in a more neutral area that was safe to those unclaimed by raiders and masters. And well, surely being near a safe haven was good for this stranger he'd met.

The ship stopped beside what looked to be a very small struggling forest, one that the inn owners were desperately trying to bring life and help strive in it's new climate. He didn't know them well, but just this effort and that they put into the safety of others gained his trust in them.

Flynn looked to the other and smiled. "We're here. Raiders and owners don't come ere' so it's safe." He said. "Ready ta get to work to earn them weapons?" The cyborg gestured to the thick ropes that held up the log balanced on the side of the ship.

The other wouldn't have to do much initially aside from standing aside while Flynn cut down the large thing into smaller planks with a chainsaw, but as soon as that was going he could use the help loading it into the lower areas of the ship.

Nowhere to run

OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:32 am
Where: Ozymandias, With: Flynn, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, cautious

User Image

Ikuto felt little love for this ship. Whatever was wrong with the quiet ones? Where the feline came from was the less developed regions of Odoraen and machines were a rarity, especially in their lands. It was new and super loud. While he stood near the door to Flynn, he kept his ears low, as to push down the sound and avoid it from reaching his ears fully. He heard the answer very well however as he stood nearer to Flynn than the location the loud sound came from. The feline nodded a bit. So they already had a sword.

Hearing the other about the bow though it would seem it would take some time and perhaps longer if the sword didn't work out for him as well. Ikuto knew well the consequences of using an unbalanced sword. Ikuto looked at the wasteland before them before looking back at the other when they asked their next question and he glanced at the engine. Was that what the monster was called? "It's loud." came the short answer from the nekomata as they folded their arms over each other and cast another cautious glance at the area.

"What kind of monster are you hiding there to move this ship?" he asked as he took one more step back and sighed a bit. When they came closer to the city and the dirt started to kick up, Ikuto pulled up his shawl he had used to cover his neck and bound it so it would cover his nose and mouth instead. It wasn't much dust yet, but even he knew how suddenly that could change. He had heard about it back at home how the sands of the Quaenia Desert could change in a moment's notice after all. And this wasteland looked a lot like a desert.

The feline was relieved when they arrived at the city and the sound stopped completely. Ikuto looked around from where they stood, at the struggling area around them. He didn't know what happened to this world, but it sure did a number on quite a few people it would seem. His ears moved around a bit curiously until they flicked lightly when Flynn spoke again and Ikuto turned around to look at him. "They don't?" he asked as he tilted his head a bit. "Well that is one worry less for a while." Ikuto wouldn't mourn the absence of them.

The nekomata had already met the ones they called owners and it was the exact life he had escaped now. His gaze followed Flynn's gesture to the ropes and the feline nodded. "Of course." he replied and helped the other to lower the log. If it was true what Flynn said, he at least didn't have to be as cautious as he usually was, but he still wouldn't lower his guard completely. While the planks were being made, the feline watched from a distance, away from the chainsaw and helped where he could until it was done so he could help with the rest. A deal was a deal and the feline demon wouldn't get back on his word. "What is needed to be done more?" he asked, uncertain of this unusual work method.

Kitty_Mew

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm
User Image
Flynn Rackham

The memories of shore
This ship is going down

Flynn visibly chuckled a little this time at the reaction the other male had to the noise. It was clear that the feline was from a lesser developed area or one that had lost all functionality to machinery. Which was fine and he could understand how one would need to get used to it.

"No monsters, just a big hunk o' metal~" Flynn said, a grin crossing his face. It was the best way he knew how to describe the large metal beast. "If I could make it run like my body I would, but that ain't easy. I can show ya later if you're okay with going below deck." He mentioned. Ikuto was understandably cautious so he wouldn't push the other to do something he clearly didn't like.

Once they stopped and Flynn, with the help of the other, lowered the tree and began his work to chop it into more manageable pieces. It was never as precise and he would have liked, but without a permanent place for him to work it was his only real way of forming the planks. They'd be in various sizes all for different uses he knew they'd be useful for in the future.

He looked to Ikuto as he asked his question. "Well, first off we gotta get all this on board. It'll only take a minute. Then we'll get to repairs." He said. Though it was probably given that they'd need to place the boards somewhere more useful. He tossed a coil of rope to the feline and gestured to a particular grouping of wood. "Mmkay, so there's a rope under each one o' these so just watch what I do and help tie em' nice an' tight. We ain't gonna put that pile away though." He pointed. It was easy enough to tie a knot and he had faith that the feline could handle it. "We'll do it the same as before, you below and me up there." He'd keep an eye on the boy though, for the sake of safety.

The operation would turn into something similar to when they lift the giant log, but instead it would require a smaller hand drawn pulley system to hoist the lumber to the deck. The left overs however were to fix up the areas he found were weak or damaged in the outer areas of the wooden vehicle. So once everything was loaded up he climbed back down to Ikuto.

"Mmkay, so what I need some help with is this ere' clunky mess them raiders caused to my ship before." Flynn started and began to wander off towards an portion of the ship that was just out of sight. It was quite the mess believe it or not. A large splintered hole that looked to be caused by something explosive due to some of the remaining charred edges. "Them bastards hurt her and I can't forgive that, but all that can be done is fix'n it. Could ya help hold the board in place while I secure it?"

And whether he did help or not, Flynn was not at all the quiet type so as he work he struck up a conversation. Besides, he had to trim the jagged edges of the mess first. "So... what kinda creature are ya? Seems to be so many interestin' folk around these days."

Nowhere to run

OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 pm
Where: The City, With: Flynn, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, cautious

User Image

Ikuto tilted his head slightly as the other chuckled while casting a questionable glare. He didn't much like to be laughed at, but he didn't argue with it or otherwise try to stop them. There was no threat after all and more was needed than a little ridicule to spur the feline into attack. Especially when the other had been so friendly so far as to help him out on weapons, for a trade of for labor. His ears moved back in his neck for a moment when he was told about the engine and glanced back at it. How could a chunk of metal make that sound and move the ship?

For now though, Ikuto shook his head. He was in no way interested to go nearer to the thing that still very much sounded to him as a monster. That aside, his ears really hurt with the noise it made. If he was to travel with Flynn more before his deal was fulfilled, the feline would have to find a way to dampen it as to avoid getting a headache. While they commenced the woodworking, Ikuto helped where he could and where he couldn't he would just observe the other as he listened to them speaking and asking questions.

Since the instructions were clear enough, it really didn't take much for Ikuto to learn what he had to do. He had caught the rope he was tossed and after observing Flynn closely once, he copied their movements and actions to mimic the knot. The feline tied bundles of all but the pile Flynn had pointed out. The nekomata hadn't asked what it was for, but he could guess it might partly be used for his bow. Once everything was put away, Ikuto followed the man as they told him to and looked at the damage they had them fix. Had it been Ikuto alone, he would have just give up the vehicle for lost. It looked pretty bad with that massive hole.

Would seem that Flynn didn't pass it off as readily however. The feline wouldn't know where to begin to be honest. But it was Flynn that made the first move once more with his ship. His head tilted slightly as he heard the man speak of the ship and hurting and the raiders before he shook his head a bit. It was a ship, a thing. The way Flynn acted made little sense to him. Soon after it came to the point where Ikuto could fill his end of the bargain, or part of it. With a nod he took the wood that the other pointed out to him and would hold them to the ship as it was worked on. Still they were able to talk however, it quite surprised Ikuto.

Most he had known were to serious with their work and to concentrated to really bother. The question gave him pause for a moment though. Was it possible that his kind was very rare here? For a moment, the feline remained quiet as he pondered the gravity of the question and answer and how much he could let up before getting in a dangerous position. Not so much against Flynn, who seemed quite content with keeping the feline around, but also with the people near them. No raiders here or not, Ikuto kept in mind every place could have their spies. But he then decided that it couldn't really hurt telling something about himself.

"I'm a nekomata, from the Southern Tribe, or what's left of it." Ikuto didn't want to start on lies about himself, but that was still quite a painful episode in all the survivors of the raid. "I'm a hunter, trained to provide the tribe with meat to sustain ourselves." he admitted. They already knew about the herbs, so he thought it unnecessary to mention that again. It was about as much as he could comfortably explain about himself. For now at least. Ikuto was prepared to give Flynn the benefit of doubt, as they time and time again posed themselves as helpful and friendly. "I was born and raised and was supposed to die in the forest at home to complete the cycle.

But then I found this world, this is the first time I left the forest since a while though."
                                                              The feline didn't speak of his time before he ended up in the forest that Flynn found him in. "Machines, engines, you even spoke about making that thing run like your body. What does that make you?" he asked, a little curiosity seeping through. He was curious by nature, just caution usually took the upper hand. He was referring to the engine of course and the other's earlier comment.

-

-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm
User Image
Flynn Rackham

The memories of shore
This ship is going down

It was not so much of a surprise as it was a relief that the feline was so quick to pick up the little skills Flynn taught him. Simple as they were, not everyone could pull off a sturdy knot and follow directions so well. It was nice to not only have assistance but that of a competent being. It was well worth giving up weapons for.

Lucky for Ikuto, Flynn was an easy man to please and he never pried for information about another. Though he was glad the feline was willing to tell what kind of creature he was. "A neko... mata?" He sounded out in an attempt to say it correctly. His attention didn't stray from his work to turn to the other, but he'd still acknowledge it the same. "Don't think I've heard of that one. Ya must be able to take care of yerself well being a hunter though huh?" He said. It was true that the man had never heard of such a creature and though it was interesting to him he didn't want to ask for more information about it for the time being. The other may explain more when he was ready.

"Well. Ya have a safe place until ya find yer place in this world or decide to return home." He mentioned. He didn't mind the nekomata using his ship as a safe haven if he couldn't find somewhere better.

"As for what I am..." He stopped his work and scratched the back of his neck before turning to Ikuto. "I like to believe I'm human, but that ain't the truth anymore. That part o' me died before the great storm, now I'm more a machine." His physical body never really died, but he was close enough to death in the explosion that he may as well have been. "What did they call em back then...?" He mumbled, pondering and searching for the word. "Ah. I'm a cyborg. A good part o' me is a machine but that's the part that keeps me alive." He turned his left wrist to where a small portion of skin, or what looked like it, was cut and peeled back. Beneath was not red and bleeding but instead a silvery metallic color.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of any of that if you don't know what an engine is." He flexed his arm allowing it to make it's unusual sound brought on by the pistons inside.

Nowhere to run

OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 pm
Where: Old Forest, With: A strange man, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, cautious

User Image

It didn't take long for the feline to pick up, since the knots he used as a hunter were quite alike, just a little different. He wasn't used to the knots being quite as sturdy as being able to keep up logs and wood, but it wasn't to difficult for him to change the way he worked. Ikuto himself also wasn't against learning new skills that could help him stay safe and secure in his own life either. When the other reacted to his answer, the nekomata looked up from what he was working on for a bit, The man didn't sound confident about his pronunciation of Ikuto's race.

On the other hand though it might also mean the other didn't deduct that Ikuto was in fact a species of demon. That would work in the nekomata's advantage, as they wouldn't know the rules as to which bind a demon to oneself with a contract that would be impossible to destroy, if Ikuto couldn't lay his hands on it. "I haven't seen others like me around here yet either. I'm not surprised the name doesn't mean anything to you." he replied. After all for a word to have meaning one needed to know what it entailed. "Yes, we are taught the hunting skills before we can scarcely run. That only helps with survival in the wild though. We are also taught how to wield weapons, as the tribes often battle among them." Another part of information that didn't really hurt to share.

The man's offer came as a surprise to the feline however and he twitched his ears a bit as he looked at Flynn once more. "Are you offering me lodging in your ship?" he asked to have some clarity. It wasn't that Ikuto would deny a safe place to stay, especially in a world unknown to him, but part of his family was also humility and he didn't want to become a problem. Besides that would put him even more indebted to Flynn. Soon he was distracted by Flynn and his answer however. It was nothing like Ikuto had truly heard before.

"The great storm? I think I heard some rumors about that back at...ehm back in the forest from passer's by." he said, correcting himself before he mentioned the large house he had been held for several years. That was bound to call on questions, if Flynn found out he actually had been in a mansion for several years. Especially being just a hunter with no good weapons. That was better not mentioned to someone he just met. Ikuto got distracted by the other's latter action though. The peeling back of skin was kind of gross, but nothing that Ikuto hadn't seen before. He skinned the animals he had hunted after all.

It was just, something else to see it on a human-like being. The feline didn't twitch a muscle on the outside however and his gaze found what the man was pointing at. When Flynn flexed and the arm made sound Ikuto startled slightly as his ears immediately flung back in his neck for a moment. This place was so weird. However the feline didn't feel threatened by Flynn so far, so he relaxed some before he looked back at the metal color under the skin. "A cyborg?" That indeed was a new word entirely for Ikuto. Nonetheless he didn't allow himself to be hung up on the subject. There was something else that had caught his attention more. "What is this Great Storm you mentioned?" he asked, curious as to what happened and why it was called that way.

Kitty_Mew

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am
User Image
Flynn Rackham

The memories of shore
This ship is going down

Flynn nod to the question that his words had sparked, confirming that yes he did mean Ikuto could stay if he wished. "Aye, as long as ya wish." The ship didn't only take on the aesthetic of a pirate ship from the outside, but the inner areas also somewhat mimicked the same structure. He had no crew but there was a space for anyone who wished to sleep aboard. Hammocks were a common bed for a crew and were lighter than the access weight of a bed, so he weaved his own and kept them neatly folded in a crate. Another hobby to pass the time.

It wasn't uncommon for one to have at least heard somewhat about the storm that brought calamity to the world. So he didn't think much of it, only questioning what people he'd heard when the feline hadn't known what a raider was. He probably thought they were just ordinary creatures to the area. Yeah. That one.

"Uhm... think of it this way."
He started, trying to think of the best way to explain what he was. "A cyborg is kinda a cross between a fleshy creature and a machine... A machine being a thing made of metal like a sword or dagger. Only difference being that moving parts." He said, moving to cross his arms in explanation but the mechanical one ceased up and refused to move. Oh... that was problematic.

But before he could turn his focus to that, there was another question he needed to answer... one he didn't exactly have the answer to. Flynn was on the brink of death and a lab experiment as the storm took place and the only real knowledge he had was the same as Ikuto, from rumors of others.

"I hate ta say it... but I don't know nothin' about it. Consider me a dead man while it happened. Nothin' but a lab experiment." He grimaced. He liked that he lived, and that he was stronger now, but he didn't like the idea that he was someones high school science project to experiment on. It was easy to tell that it was somehting he wasn't comfortable with. "All I really know is that there was a huge catastrophe that effect the whole planet and killed off most weaker beings. I woke up when the power in the machine I was kept in blew years later."

"Ey... could ya do me a favor and grab a screw driver? From the room I was in when we moved. It's... kinda like a dagger, but real skinny and dull with a flat part at the end."
He asked. Usually he'd have one on him, but distractions of having another around caused the man to forget and he couldn't climb in this state.

Nowhere to run

OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 am
Where: Old Forest, With: A strange man, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, cautious

User Image

It was a somewhat odd offer by someone he just met, at least in his experience, even where he came from. To just invite a stranger to stay how long they wished. The feline was reluctant to put himself into more debt with the man, but he also was no fool. Ikuto knew he was out of his element here, without trees and wildlife to prey on. His experience on cities expanded only to seeing them from afar, on top of a trusty tree. Until he was back in the forest, staying in this...ship might be a good alternative. He worried somewhat about the engine though.

"Thank you." he said, accepting it for now. Though his mind was overrun with all sorts of thoughts, the feline only showed focus on his work and Flynn's explanations on the outside. It sounded easy enough. The feline was known with weapons and the like. Only the moving parts was a new one to him, safe for the occasional weapon that also was quite mobile. It would seem that was where the knowledge ended however, not even Flynn was able to explain what the Great Storm exactly was it would seem. Fair enough hearing his state at that point.

It was clear it wasn't good memories however, so Ikuto wouldn't press on for details about that moment in time. "Sounds like something was messed up somewhere and everyone was made to pay." he concluded. "But it explains the lack of a normal world here. And the small portion of forest left. Big enough for me to sustain myself though. I was trained for such after all." Ikuto said as he thought about it. He would surely be able to make a living there without much of a fuss, but if the world was hit as hard, than perhaps he might actually start to get bored eventually, considering his tribe was a more social sort among themselves.

The nekomata had just finished another knot, when he heard Flynn's latter question. Whatever they meant for him to retrieve sounded like a very odd piece of interesting metal, but nonetheless he kept the description in mind and nodded before he turned and climbed up the ship with relative ease. At the reeling he stopped for a moment and only poked just over it and looked around the deck as if he expected more strange things like this 'engine popping up but considering the coast clear, the feline jumped on the deck.

He made one more look around and walked to the room they had spoken at a bit earlier. His ears moved back and forth a bit as he scanned the room, but the description proved sufficient as he found the screwdriver mentioned just off the wheel. The feline picked it up and looked at it, tilting his head as his tail swished curiously for a few moments before he put it behind his belt and made the descent back down to Flynn. "This what you meant?" he asked as he pulled the screwdriver from his belt and showed it to Flynn. He was quite positive he had the right tool, but he wanted to make sure. If not he would go back up to fetch another alike.

Kitty_Mew

-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:32 am
User Image
Flynn Rackham

The memories of shore
This ship is going down

Seeing as how hesitant the other was about most of the things he said, Flynn was honestly surprised that the nekomata would actually thank him for the gesture as if he might take him up on the offer. It was a good thing though. Perhaps it was a idiotic move for the cyborg to make, but the thought of safety and being weary of things like this were not ones that came to his mind. If it came down to the other betraying him, well he could hold his own for the most part. So he simply said "Yer welcome."

Now when it came to their conversation about the destruction of this world, it was good that the nekomata easily accept his minimal explanation for what it was and didn't push further. He really didn't have a clue what happened and he didn't like thinking about the events that lead to his human death. "Mhmm... somethin' like that from what I know. Least folk like us can adapt pretty good." Flynn said.

But then came the unexpected even of his arm breaking. It was something that didn't happen often with the maintenance he gave it, but he also hadn't gotten much sleep in the past week while he was in unsafe territory. It was so easy to make a slightly wrong adjustment or misplace a piece when returning it to its position.

He slid his back down along the wooden vehicle until he found himself in a sitting position to wait patiently for the feline to return; very unsure if he could find the object but it was also much easier than trying to scale the side of the ship himself. Flynn poked at the metal bits until the other would return then he looked up and smiled at the sight of the tool. "Mhmm, that's the one! Thanks man." He said, reaching up to take the tool.

Without thinking twice, he dug into the fake plastic skin that lined his metal arm, an act which could have been found gross even though it was fake. It was honestly a pain to repair but he could deal with that later. he didn't mind having an exposed metallic arm for a while. He then would begin taking it apart, little by little and placing various pieces in specific piles to avoid problems returning them.

"So... see where I was working a minute ago? Wanna pound in that last nail while I do this? Then when I'm all fixed up we can work on that sword for ya." He said, before he found the troublesome bit. "Ah, gotcha ya little bugger."

Nowhere to run

OOC:
#964B00

Rhun Tolihzeh

Kitty_Mew

Vice Captain

Vicious Bloodsucker

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm
Where: The City, With: Flynn, Outfit: Black leather pants, half open blouse, black shoes, light short cloak, Status: Runaway/Unclaimed slave, healthy, cautious

User Image

Usually Ikuto wouldn't be this easy to stay somewhere that wasn't a forest. But considering this forest he was now dependent of was quite a bit away, the feline didn't really see a better solution. Staying on the ship would at least give him more cover and shelter than if he'd wander through this city and end up sleeping on the streets. Between those two choices, staying on the ship was the more appealing one. As long as that engine thing wouldn't fire up at night at least.

After he had made his way back down and showed the tool to Flynn, he waited patiently for an answer, but he didn't have to wait long at all. Despite his precautions with the man still, Ikuto was glad to hear it was the right one and that he had actually been able to bring back what was asked. Once the other dug into his arm, the feline didn't understand how they could without hurting, but perhaps that was part of it all and they didn't bleed, so they weren't wounding themselves.

The nekomata watched, tilting his head a bit at all the parts he took out, until he was asked to finished the nail on the ship. Ikuto nodded and picked up the hammer and last nail. He wasn't unknown to this kind of work at least. The feline moved to where Flynn had left off and finished putting the nail in while Flynn worked on his arm. It wasn't as tough as Ikuto expected the wood to be. After finishing with the nail, he returned to Flynn and his ears twitched slightly in curiosity at the strange bits and pieces he had put apart.

"Fixed it then?" he asked when they were working on the arm. Ikuto wasn't necessarily interested in the machinery itself, but he did have a curious nature. Curiosity about all sorts of things, yet he thought it to unwise to be going through this place right now. He wasn't known to this place yet, who knew how early it would grow dark. In the forest he had never noticed it as such consciously, hidden under the trees. The nekomata nodded when they spoke of the sword. "Sounds good. I'll be glad to have reliable weapons again." he admitted. It wasn't that he was defenseless now, but he felt better knowing his weapons could hold during an actual battle, might it come to that. Much unlike his weapons he made which often broke after one use, but that one use was usually enough to procure food or fight off an animal.

Kitty_Mew

-

City of Ozymandias

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items