Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 pm
Since the night of Western's hatching, the Weyr had been blanketed in an ever growing sheet of snow. There was a good chance it wouldn't melt again before the season change. R'gan and Basanuth were on their way back from their lessons, heading towards the barracks. Basanuth shook his head as he watched two of his siblings prance about in the snow, kicking it around at each other. I do wish they would be more serious. he huffed... just before a snowball hit him in the side of the head.

R'gan. he said, narrowing his eyes disapprovingly.
"Aw, come on. Lighten up." the weyrling said, laughing. "Think of it as a training game."
How is this training anything?
"Well... You weren't fast enough to dodge." he teased.
Because I wasn't expecting- Another loose glob of snow burst into powder again his shoulder.
Opps. Too slow again.
I am not too slow! I'm just not playing.
"Oh, really?" R'gan said, stooping to scoop up another clump of snow.

This time Basanuth did manage to dodge, ducking before it hit him. Unfortunately, the snowball sailed right over him hitting a dragon behind him instead. Look what you did now. The blue complained.
Oh.. Opps. R'gan said, wincing. He really hadn't meant to hit anyone else. Now he only had two options. He could be serious, apologize properly, and put a stop to all this silliness. Or.... He could double down on trying to provoke his dragon into having a little fun.

"Basanuth did it!" he teased, darting for cover behind a tree.
That's it. Basanuth said. His tail slapped the ground angrily. Before R'gan could make it to cover, he swept it towards his rider sending a wave of snow that engulfed not only him, but also two other weylings that were walking behind him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 pm
So what you're telling me...is we can play in the snow?

Aurinkoth was being introduced to the concept of 'playing in snow' by Ichta as the pair trailed back towards the Weyrling barracks from their lessons and both the blue and the rider had ended up running back and forth in the thick blanket of it that had covered the Weyr. It was some comfort and distraction when Threadfall had sent many riders away and left an extra layer of silence upon their home. Ichta had barely flumped over into the snow to rest when Aurinkoth suddenly jolted with surprise. Just as quickly, the rider sat up, looking towards the blue who was craning his neck around to look at the snow that had knocked into him.

Oh! You got me! How fun! he trilled, watching as Basanuth suddenly sent a torrent of snow upon both his rider and several of their fellow Weyrlings. Ichtamine! How does this game work? he inquired, practically dancing around the young woman as she got up, shaking the snow off of her. Ichta smoothed her hands down his neck, gently spreading one of his wings out and began to pile snow into it.

He understood.

Though it took some effort for the small blue to dump the snow that his bonded had gathered onto his brother.

DruidTigeress

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:52 am
Aresoth had made it a habit of walking near the back of the weyrling group when they were returning to the barracks after lesson. He felt he could keep a better eye on all of them from here, a protective and watchful eye. He wasn't phased by the snow they moved through or even paid much attention to the dragons that were frolicking in the snow as they moved. He was more focused on watching his clutchmates and carrying on a conversation with C'ryn then anything else.

C'rynmine, I believe we should speak to some other bronze riders, perhaps make friends among the older riders, to have a base when we graduate.

Although he was listening, C'ryn couldn't help but feel like this was an old record, though he did agree with Aresoth. Speaking with a bronzerider who wasn't his father would be good, to get a feel for what more might be expected of him. Sure, he wasn't going to be as important as Alumet and Zenobiath could be one day, but there was always the chance.

We will be Weyrleader. The confidence in Aresoth was always so inspiring and C'ryn nodded his head. "That depends upon you catching a gold. Of course we have a long way to go until then."

The look Aresoth gave C'ryn made the boy laugh but before the dragon could chastise him for even daring to think he could not catch a gold when the time came, they were hit by a drift of snow.

Whirling yellow and orange eyes moved as the bronze turned his head to look at Basanuth. He didn't know why this had happened and was going to lay into his blue brother for even daring to hit his bonded with snow, when he heard C'ryn laughing. Eyes instantly moved to look at the young man who was brushing himself off and bending over to reach the snow, there was a questioning look upon the dragons face as C'ryn straightened up and turned to the tree R'gan had been going for.

"Hey! R'gan!" Moving so that he could see the other more clearly, C'ryn let loose the snowball towards his fellow weyrling, all the while Aresoth stood there, slightly confused with what was going on. "It's called a snowball fight Aresoth." The young man answered the questioning look of his dragon.

Aresoth still seemed confused and C'ryn sighed inwardly, he really needed to make his bronze not be so tense all the time, you couldn't lead or connect with someone if you didn't learn to have fun, C'ryn had learned that much. He bent down to get another snowball, packing it in his hand before throwing it at Aresoth, this time the bronze was ready and blocked it with his wing, letting out a snort before he used his front leg to kick a pile of snow at C'ryn.

Perhaps, this would be fun.

His attention turned to see Aurinkoth trying to dump snow onto Basanuth as C'ryn was getting another snowball together.

DruidTigeress

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:13 am
Ah, but the cold was delightful. For Alumet, it was a chance to wear her nicer clothing, and warm cloaks, and for Zenobiath, the snow was something pleasant beneath her feet. Lessons that day had been simple enough, the two of them enjoying watching their siblings work, as well as spending some time doing their own trainings. This evening was nice though. Instead of heading back to the barracks immediatey, the Gold and her rider had decided to dawdle with the group, watching the other weyrlings enjoy the first fall of snow. Zenobiath herself found the powdery substance curious, but nice, and watching her clutchmates play was a very rewarding thing. It did her hearts good to watch them be happy like this.

Leaning her head down, the dark Gold nuzzled her beloved's cheek, watching her siblings prancing about...and that was when Basanuth was hit with a snowball, and Aresoth was. Oh what fun. She let out a bugle of a laugh, shifting on her legs and backing up, Oh, my beloved, can we play as well? But the blonde was far ahead of her. A snowball had pelted Zenobiath in her face, before another sailed to hit C'ryn in his face, Enjoy yourself, my love! The dragon lowered her wing, allowing Alumet to scoop a bit of snow on it, before dropping the bundle on Aresoth with a bright croon of delight.

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:15 pm
Demanthra and Monath was heading back to the barracks with the other Weyrlings, the green rider's mind on all that had been discussed during their lesson. However, the green beside her was paying attention to her siblings and the beginning of a snowball fight. Her eyes seemed to whirl a bright blue, she so wanted to get involved in this fun. She took in everything her siblings were doing, but she needed help and her rider was not paying attention. That was when Monath got an idea, a very wonderful idea that she just had to do. Oh, wouldn't Demanthra be surprised by this, she was sure of it.

My dear siblings, I would love to play as well. However, Demanthra mine is lost in lessons still. If someone would be kind enough to hit her with some snow, I would greatly appreciate it. If not from one of you, by one of your riders, perhaps?she requested brightly. She had made sure her rider was still very much lost in her own world.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 am
BastetAmun

demon_pachabel

R'gan laughed, lifting an arm to block the snowball from hitting his head, bursting on his sleeve instead. He ducked behind the tree and began to pack another snowball. Basanuth, on the other hand, bristled as the other weyrling attacked his rider. Granted, he had just covered him in snow as well, but that was an accident! He was doing it on purpose. At yet.. R'gan was laughing.

Basanuth shook his head as more snow was dumped on him by his brother. This is a game? he asked. I don't see how it is fun. So far it just seemed cold.. And annoying.
Never mind right now, just get over here! R'gan laughed, building a small pile of snowballs behind the tree. He waved Basanuth over, looking for some part of his body he could use as a catapult. "Here, put your wing down like this.." He gave him a mental image, then loaded up the snowballs. "Now, act like you're flying, but just the upstroke." he said, trying to get him to go through some motion that would result in the snowballs being thrown towards their target.

Still giving him an uncertain look, Basanuth nonetheless complied. Though the snowballs scattered a long distance, none fell anywhere near their targets.
"Hmm.. Not bad, but it needs some work." R'gan muttered. Meanwhile, Basanuth watched, intrigued. That phrase, along with seeing the mechanism his rider was trying to make, finally piqued his interest. It might not be an important one, but it was a skill. He couldn't help but notice ways to improve it.
Do that again! he said excitedly, I think I've got it!

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items