[META BATT] Ripping off the Band-Aid (Elidae + Kursha) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where: Space Tower, Training Block
When: Continued from Grow Up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 am
      [+] Captain Kursha Vidari

As expected, the training block was empty as was most of the space tower. Most trolls were either somewhere above Alternia's atmosphere on missions of their own, or they had already returned to the respite quarters to sleep the night's work off. No one had any time to waste in a training hall, when real combat waited in the black above.

Kursha made a show of checking the rifle's chamber and removing any ammunition. He pocketed the rounds that had been left inside then swung the chamber back into place with a click. Lastly, he switched on the safety. He spun to face Elidae. “All right, Sergeant Bonb... b... Sergeant.” For a moment Kursha seemed to have difficulty getting past the yellowblood's name. Placing the stock of the rifle on the ground, he continued as though it had never happened.

“Here's how it's gonna be. You have five minutes to go all out in one on one combat with me, no bullets, no tricks.” With slow, cautious movements, Kursha slid his knife out from his belt and held it out for the yellowblood to see. When she had gotten a good look, he tossed it away, where it clattered off to the side.

“The only thing I get to do is knock your lights out with this.” He tapped the barrel of the rifle. “Now, if you prove to me within those five minutes that you belong on my team, I'll consider what you have to say. If you don't though...” His smile could not have been more deadly. “You're stripped of your rank and I promote Furore instead. Deal?”  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-12)

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:55 am
Elidae Bonbon
hp: 20
attack: 2d6 (+1 bedazzled superstar military weapon✧・゚*✧・)

Here it was. That side of him trolls hated his guts for. And now it was directed towards her full force. Truthfully, the yellowblood's core throbbed with regret, but now it was too late to even consider going back. She need to wipe the smug look off of his face and make him take her seriously.

Kursha fooled around, but he didn’t fool around. Elide very well knew he possessed the full authority to do what he threatened to do, but at this point, she paid very little mind to it. While preparing for their meet up, her thinkpan delved deeper into the issue.

With acute eyes, Elidae watched him make his show; simultaneously, she slid her scissors from the hilt belted to her hips. Holding them to her side, she tried to keep a straight face, but the subtle shift to her features and the way she cocked her head to the side denoted indignation and ire. She didn't immediately respond to him.

Eyes narrowed, she inhaled and exhaled deeply. "What else am I proving to you, Captain?" She plied the shears apart in their entirety to separate them into two pieces in either hand. "If you won't take my words into consideration- why am I your moiral?" She challenged, making a swift break straight for him with no hesitation. His reflexes were much more sharp than her own, but maybe if she could surprise him...!

Narrowly missing the stock of his rifle, Elidae threw her weight and ricocheted to the side of him, sliding forward. She twirled around to face his back, and without hesitation, made a strike for his right arm. "Do you think I'm not cut out for that either?"

Quote:
{ elidae does 7 damage! }

Green Minuet rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 am

Health: 33
Military Weapon +1
Eagle Eyes: 3/3

The blade of the shears drove into his arm with a metallic screech. Ignoring the sparks that flew from the new tear in the prosthetic, Kursha wheeled to face the yellowblood. In the same movement, he swung the butt of the rifle, sending it smashing into her shoulder. He had hardly followed through with the blow, when he shifted his weight and aimed a kick towards Elidae's gut. She would be at his mercy if he could just wind her. Also it would stop her mouth.

“Really?” Kursha asked, mocking. Lifting his arm, he flexed his fingers to demonstrate. Despite the wide gash inflicted on the prosthetic, it still functioned without issue. He let the stock of the rifle swing down to his side. His features were scrawled with disappointment. “My right arm? Do you want me to beat you senseless?”

[ Kursha does 5 damage. ]

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-12)

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 pm
Sergeant Elidae Bonbon
hp: 15

Despite her mental preparation, the blow to her gut startled the yellowblood. Of course she expected him to actually hit her, as she hit him, but something about being physically pained by him hurt more than just the tightness in her core and lack of air in her lungs.

She staggered back away from him, catching her footing and breath as she positioning herself, ready again. He was fast... really fast. And strong. Swallowing hard, she examined him quickly criticizing her decision to go for his prosthetic. "Do you want more scars?" Her face scrunched in both embarrassment and frustration, but she soon wiggled her freckled nose as if to dissolve the sour expression. Have to keep her game face on.

"Why aren't you answering my question?" Elidae demanded, gritting her teeth and pressing forward. She wasn't going to let him think one blow on her would make her quit. Sprinting towards him again with her dagger-like scissors gripped tightly in either hand, Elidae placed another swift attack on the opposite side this time with the tip of her blade sunk into his shoulder, revealing olive green. She stabbed him. She actually stabbed him.

Quote:
{ elidae does 7 damage! }

Green Minuet rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Health: 26
Military Weapon +1
Eagle Eyes: 3/3

Well, if he had worried that Elidae lacked commitment, she was quick to correct him. Kursha reeled back from the arc of the knife, but too slow. The blade took him in the shoulder, jabbing beneath his collar bone. Kursha bared his teeth with a snarl. Hot pain radiated from the injury. Getting stabbed hurt a lot more than he remembered. Still, he knew how to deal with it. His fists clenched. Shut it down, and focus on the task at hand.

As fast as her attack had been, Elidae withdrew faster. She paused momentarily. Her gaze appeared to be transfixed on the blood staining his jacket. Despite the tension in his jaw, Kursha forced a smile. Elidae might have been determined to make a point, but Kursha would stop at nothing to win, even if that meant he had to beat his moirail bloody. She still had no idea what she was dealing with.

Kursha gave the rifle a lazy twirl, as he studied the yellowblood, looking for her guard to drop and an opportunity to strike. He filled the empty space with banter. “Your question? Oh yeah,” he drawled. He shifted his weight between his feet. “I dunno. Maybe. You think you can handle all the enemies I got?” He lunged forward like a snake. The butt of the rifle hurtled towards the yellowblood.

[ Kursha does 0 damage. ]

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:49 am
Sergeant Elidae Bonbon
hp: 15

As the butt of his rifle descended on her, Elidae used a blade to block the attack from narrowly striking her head. The blade in her other hand twirled swiftly, adjusting it so it now was aligned with her arm, but the eyering remained gripped in her hand.

Within a millisecond, the corner of her mouth twitched into the hint of a smile with the very subtle glint of certitude in her eyes. Then, it shifted into ferocity. The ring, along with her knuckles, smacked him across his cheek with as much strength as Elidae could throw into it, causing his head to swivel and body to propel away from her. Despite the pain in her hand, the physical fight began to feel surprisingly satisfying. And therapeutic.

"If I can handle you, I can handle anyone."

Quote:
{ elidae does 6 damage! }

Green Minuet rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 am

Health: 20
Military Weapon +1
Eagle Eyes: ACTIVE

“Oh?” Kursha swayed in place, appreciating the full capacity of Elidae's punch. Despite a bruise the shape of her knuckles tingling on his cheek, he bore a wide, sharktooth grin. His tongue fished around the inside of his mouth, and after a moment he spat out a tooth and some blood. His head tipped back towards Elidae, revealing pupils like crosshairs. “We'll see about that.”

Wielding the rifle like a spear, he closed the little distance remaining between them, and rammed the stock up between her ribs. Then, bracing himself, he jerked his head back and smashed his forehead into Elidae's.

[ Kursha does 7 damage. ]

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 am
Sergeant Elidae Bonbon
hp: 8

Her head snapped back like a ragdoll, the dig of his barrel in her ribs feeling like a puncture in her lungs. And then her entire thinkpan throbbed in excruciating agony and the metallic taste of her blood filled her mouth. Elidae screamed through her teeth, the shockwaves of pain vibrating down from her head, to her spine, and throughout her body. Lurching back with her body teetering off balance, she tried her damnedest to retreat as far away as possible from the greenblood. That horrible gaze... he said no tricks. What else did she expect. A single blade clattered to the floor. Groaning as a palm rested on her forehead, her vision whirled dangerously until it cleared and resettled on Captain Vidari.

Initially, the crosshairs had her feel as if she were but a small hopbeast, paralyzed in fear. She wanted to look away. She wanted to withdraw. She wanted to run. Every instinct in her told her to run.

She couldn't.

Elidae seethed behind her wide eyes, wiping away the blood from her mouth without breaking eye contact. "A little- A little headache isn't going to stop me." Elidae rasped, shifting her stance back into place shakily. "I won't be giving up on this." Maybe he didn't care. Maybe her words were just fodder to him, garbage he didn't want to hear. Nonetheless, she needed to say it. "I won't be giving up on you."

Whether Kursha decided to listen now, Elidae moved her feet and advanced on him once again, this time somewhat slower than before. The hand formed into a first, prepared to aim for his bile sack. He dodges. Slipping in her footing, Elidae quickly prepared herself for what was to come, attempting to evade. "Nng-!"

Quote:
{ elidae does 0 damage! }

Green Minuet rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:20 am

Health: 20
Military Weapon +1
Eagle Eyes: ACTIVE

For a moment, even Kursha saw double after their heads connected. He might have been a little over eager in his last attack. As Elidae jerked free and staggered back, he blinked once to clear his vision. The crosshairs in his eyes wavered, before resuming their usual shape. His attention flitted to the yellowblood. She stood a couple meters away, forehead in the palm of her hand. Her gaze met his.

Kursha felt his pump biscuit lurch at her expression. The corners of his mouth shrank. He had seen that look before at least a dozen different times. Then, it meant nothing to him. Now, he knew better. Still... The yellowblood's words coiled around his pump biscuit. His grip tightened on the barrel of the rifle. He had to follow through with the decision he had made. There was a lesson in cruelty that was too important for him to baulk. Even at the risk of sacrificing everything they had built together, the end result mattered most.

Elidae advanced on him, slowed from the recent blow to the head. As she drew back her arm to strike, Kursha side-stepped. He kept silent, grin diminished. The yellowblood stumbled past him, struggling to come to a stop. Her feet slipped out from underneath her. All it took was a quick blow to the side to knock her completely off balance and push her to the ground.

[ Kursha does 4 damage. ]

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-12)

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 pm
Sergeant Elidae Bonbon
hp: 4

In her eyes, a fleeting moment occurred where the possibility of failure crossed her thinkpan and she appeared fearful. Toppling to the floor after a forceful shove, Elidae collapsed on her face and groaned in pain. Damn it, how was she already so weak? Her expression hardened, however, and she rolled over onto her back, letting go of her blade, and forced herself up.

"Not yet!" Elidae wheezed a whine, grabbing onto the butt of his gun with the last bit of strength as she could bring forth and held onto it with her eyes squeezed shut. In a last ditch effort, she yanked down and kept a firm grip on his gun. Maybe it was time for Kursha to hang out on the floor for a change.

Quote:
{ elidae does 1 damage! }

Green Minuet rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:34 pm

Health: 18
Military Weapon +1
Eagle Eyes: 1/3

He could have let go.

Kursha watched as the yellowblood abandoned her knife, reaching instead for the stock of the rifle dangling near her head. For an instant, the world stopped. He did not need time to freeze to know her play. She planned to use his weapon against him, to drag him down with her in order to make her final move. It would be her last attack. She would not have dropped her weapon otherwise, and he could see her resignation creeping in as much as he could the bruise on her forehead. He could not foresee his future however. Time stopped for him to make a choice.

Once, his rifle had been his everything. No longer. Kursha had since dissolved such childish sentiment, thanks to Rasali. A gun was only any good while he could still use it. If not, he had other weapons at his disposal. Therefore, he should have let go. He could stamp the yellowblood dry from above.

In that moment of infinity, his eyes met Elidae's. Fierce and determined until the end, despite the damage he had inflicted. She was probably on the brink of breaking. And yet he could not bring himself to do it. The greenblood's fingers tightened around the barrel of the gun. Instructions for his body burned into his thinkpan. Maybe he was still sentimental after all.

The world turned over. He found himself flat on his back, gazing up at the ceiling. Without thinking, he reached to the side, to find the yellowblood's knife. Pivoting, he swung his body over hers and pressed the blade to her throat. Green, round pupils stared down at her.

“Gotcha.”

[ Kursha does 8 damage. ]

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:11 am
Snapping against the skin of his wrist, her hand gripped him hard, unrelenting. Air rushed through her nostrils as her grip tightened, feeling the cold edge of her knife graze her neck. And then, as she exhaled and her chest fell, as did her hand, loosening and slipping off to find its new place on the ground beside her. All the aggression drained from her expression, leaving only innocuous exhaustion.

She thought maybe she would cry. Normally she did. Yet the corners of her eyes felt arid and empty, stinging from discomfort and exhaustion. Instead, the yellowblood gazed up past Kursha and to the ceiling of the training block. And then she laughed.

There were things she couldn't do; things that were out of her control. Things her body were incapable of. He said five minutes, yet from the time they started to the moment he hovered over her, it felt like 5 seconds. Yet he came down with her to her level, despite her knowing he could have easily put her further into the ground and force her down.

But he still won. With her own knife.

She couldn't force him to be something he was not. Not with her words, not with her fists, not with their intertwined history and relationship dangling as leverage. Expecting him to suddenly change only put strain on their moirallegience. But she could still try her best to encourage him in the right direction. Kursha would always be somewhat of a brash, arrogant a**, and she would have to learn to accept this. But he had come so far from where he used to be. Maybe she wasn't doing such a bad job after all.

Head lolling to one side after her laughter subsided, Elidae finally met his gaze with crinkled eyes and a soft smile. The bruises began to show.

"Yeah, you got me."

Green Minuet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:29 pm
      User Image
      Captain Kursha Vidari

She lost. Her eyes were dry, and her expression passive. She did not resist, but lay there, not begrudging him her defeat. Instead, a laugh jumped from her throat and soared through the air. Easing off of her, Kursha withdrew the pressure from her neck. He placed the knife back into her open palm, then gave her cheek an affectionate pat. His fingers lingered a moment, his eyes searching her own, before he at last pulled away.

He sat up, and as he did felt a sting in his shoulder. As the frenzy of combat waned, his body sent urgent reminders of his own mortality. He opened his jacket to inspect the wound. Elidae had done him a service, making a clean cut between the muscle, no complications. By his estimate he could get it cleaned and sutured within a matter of minutes. Honestly, he might even be able to slap a Band Aid on it and call it good. His right arm was another matter however... the repair for that might take a little longer. He turned his attention to Elidae, who sat beside him.

“Let me know if you want any help getting patched up,” he said. “Those bruises are gonna suck—sorry.” He meant it; he had gone full out with yellowblood, only curbing himself before intent to kill. She might not look too bad now, but once they had time to blossom her exoskeleton would be mottled with yellow and black. The greenblood made sure to take in her battered form. It was the toll he paid for delivering such a harsh lesson.

“So. I guess I'm all spongeclots,” he said with a sigh. “What do you want me to do, Elidae?”  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:58 pm
Closing her eyes, Elidae had leaned into his light pat. Her smile subsided and she lifted herself up with a groan in a sitting position beside him, putting a palm to her pounding head. He really did a number on her. While she didn’t think she really deserved it, he did warn her and she had a feeling this would happen. Oh well.

She remained silent while he looked her over, not necessarily giving him a cold shoulder but definitely avoiding his gaze. It was difficult to hide from him, and it wasn’t because of his eagle eyes. While their moirallegiance was still young, he knew her better than anyone else. And he could see right through her.

When he finally asked what she wanted him to do, she pressed her lips together and wilted, full of uncertainty. And fear. There was another prolonged silence from her as thoughts and feelings began to fully click into place in her head.

“I’m scared.” She finally said, nothing louder than a murmur. She pulled her legs up to her chest and placed her head down against her knees, arms wrapped around them. Her body began to tremble involuntarily. “I’m scared something will happen to you- again.”

Elidae had cried in front of Kursha before. But for some reason, in this moment, she felt undeniably raw and pained by how personal she realized her feelings were. It wasn’t about him anymore. It was about the both of them. She took a moment to compose herself so she could speak, but every word she uttered came at the price of more watery tears and hiccups.

“I thought maybe I wasn’t doing a good enough job for you. Maybe I was just an inconvenience... I know, now… I can’t have control over what you do or say. You’re way too independent of a troll.” To this, her body trembled with something akin to a laugh. “But I adore you for that. And I want to see you happy. And successful. And have… friends. Positive relationships.” Sniffing, she shifted herself so she could peek over her forearm.

“People don’t think very kindly of you. They’re afraid of you. Some might even feel aggressive towards you and… and try to hurt you. And I know you don’t care. You can handle it. But you’re in a position where… trolls need to look up to you and be trusting of you. And I know obviously- the empress does. But you got lucky with that. I’m not stupid.” After a knowing look, her eyes darted to the floor. Her bottom lip quivered and her heart began to beat quicker.

“Maybe this is selfish of me, but I… I can’t bare the thought of losing you. I pity you so much and if something were to ever happen to you- I-” A pitiful sob echoed in the training block. “I’d be so alone.”

There was another moment of silence, then broken by a simple sentence. “Please be careful for me.”

Green Minuet

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces