Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 pm
Mx Cherie

To the good Lady’s credit; Dorame was not waiting at Western long before she got picked up. The events of the past few weeks seemed like a long and distant dream, and if it was not for the scar on her back, she might have thought she had been asleep the whole time. The brunette’s eyes were framed in dark circles, her ashen-skin pale and grey. She was exhausted and could not remember the last thing she felt so physically and emotionally drained. The test was behind her though, she had survived, and now all that was left was to deliver the prize to her mistress.

Dorame sought out Ink as soon as she returned to the High Reaches, wasting no time to find her. It was quiet, the other candidates were asleep; however her ride told her exactly what the Lady wanted her to do, another one of her circle no doubt. So there was no rest, for now, all she could do was hope she could sneak back and not get caught up beyond curfew.

Arriving at the meeting place, Dorame pushed open the door without knocking. A circular bag held under her arm. She turned to look at the woman across from her, and she bowed her head in her direction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:27 pm

The Lady Ink sat cross legged upon a plush, comfortable chair, the folds of her skirts pooling about her. She held a pot of tea, which she had had made fresh for the occasion. Before her was a small table, and upon that table two cups. But whether she meant to offer the tea to Dorame was a mystery. "So, you return my nightingale. I received your note. I trust that your travelling arrangements met with your approval? And that a certain package will soon be delivered into my hand?"

She poured the tea, setting the pot lightly down. A package of her own was wrapped neatly up in black silk - the cloth itself no doubt a gift for the receiver. "Sing, little bird."

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:29 pm
Mx Cherie

Dorame walked further into the room and took a place at the opposite side of the table from her mistress. She took in a deep breath, filling her lungs with air, before exhaling deeply. The action seemed to both relax and steady her, finding the strength to sit up straight and compose herself. The past few weeks felt like a dream; and if she did not have the scar on her back to prove it, she might have believed she was asleep.

The young assassin nodded her head at the Lady’s question about travel arrangements, she had nothing to complain about, it had got her back; that is all she cared about. Instead, she reached over to her bag, taking out a round object before placing it on the table between them both. At first glance, it looked like a mass sphere of bandages without any real shape. However in the centre was the skull that was asked for.

It would have gone rotten if the flesh remained on it, and she thought it would be best used as a vase or a cup. Either way she was sure Ink would prefer not to deal with the smell of a week old corpse. Dorame undid the knot on top and slowly started to unravel the bandages.

“There is a network in Nabol; they take boys ready for the mines, but it is the girls they are really interested in. There are buildings there that pose as orphanages; however, if they get an exceptionally pretty one, they get picked up and put on a boat.

It was one of these places that they picked me up. I told them I was sixteen, and they were going to send me to some brothel; however, our friend came to look at the kids and luckily enough I caught his eye. I have a friend there that helped me set it up, said I was just his type.”
She shrugged, finally finishing the unwrapping of the gift, and what remained on the table was a pile of bandages, and a skull.

“He was my type too, under all that skin and blood; he had a very handsome head. And I have always thought it was the inside that really counts.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:38 am

From the midst of those bandages, Ink withdrew the skull of the man who dared to traffic in young children. This skull would be gilded, and given as a gift to her lady Zheria. Such a man had once sold Ink to a fate most cruel, and she was scarcely the only one with such a past. With a flick of her hand, she gestured for the bandages to be carried away by one of the flits that lurked, so that they might be burned to ash. The lady then placed a package of her own in place of the one that had carried her prize.

"Dear child, please accept this token as both reward and a symbol of your office. To be worn as it pleases you. For now, I will have you remain in the Weyr, and grow accustomed to those around you. I will assuredly have further tasks for you, my nightingale, but you seem tired. Rest... for your work is not finished." Into the girl's hand she placed the second cup of tea.

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 pm
Mx Cherie

Dorame reached for the package with both hands and then placed it on her lap. Green eyes resting on it for a moment, before her attention was demanded by the cup of tea that had been placed in her hand. “Thank you, my Lady.” She bowed her head slightly, before bringing the cup to her lips and taking a sip. She raised her eyebrow for a moment, Lady Ink must have known she had been a Candidate for a few years now, she was unsure how much more accustom she could get to her fellow students. The Riders, on the other hand, they took care of their own.

She paused for a beat. s**t

“Actually, there is a matter we need to discuss. A contract that was entrusted to me before I met you. If it pleases you, I would like to see it through to completion.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Settling back within the confines of her seat, the lady observed her protege. This one was, perhaps, better at playing the part of spy than the girl had anticipated. And yet... it would be intriguing to see how her true skills played out. "Enlighten me. Of what contract do you speak?" In truth, Lady Ink had no desire to see the girl better know her fellow Candidates. But the riders? Oh yes, they needed to be felt out. Tested for loyalty. There were certainly future agents among their midst, and... a few rather glaring problems.

Problems that someone like Dorame might one day be called upon to solve. "Your mentor was quite clear on the role that you were to play. However, this contract is unknown to me." A dangerous thing, that. And yet Ink had not yet been given reason to believe that the girl would be any issue. She sipped her tea, holding to cup gracefully within one hand.

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm
Mx Cherie

Dorame put down her cup and leaned forward slightly, crossing her arms as she began to explain. “She is a woman in the courtesan hall; of very little importance, but she thinks otherwise. She owns a small establishment in the Hold and is not particularly kind to the man and women under her care. She has a reputation of being able to accommodate any desire or fetish.” The brunette shrugged slightly, she had spent many a night in a brothel, they were an excellent place to gather information. Maybe that is why she wanted to complete this contract, she had a soft spot for whores maybe?

“The girl who asked my old master for help; her sister died when a client took their bedroom games a little too far. The mistress covered it up, told the sister that is she ever spoke of it she would be taken East. However, her whispers have been picked up, the shadows heard her plea. So I was asked to do what I could.” It was not that her old master had a good heart; he was a very cold man. However, he dealt in fear. To have people believe that if they prayed to the night, that darkness would fall on those they wished; he wanted people to live afraid. Be afraid of him. Be afraid of his reach.

“So, I wanted to get a contract at this establishment for a while. See how far the corruption goes, then act as necessary. It will look like an accident, of course. And having more people owe you a debt, well, that can not be a bad thing?”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Sitting impassively upon her throne, the lady sipped her tea. The young nightingale explained her plans to her, and still she listened. So, the darkness sought to lengthen its shadow? How intriguing. And also how very... convenient. It did fall within the confines of what her lady did allow. "If this woman had done all that you have said, she may already be a target. You may see to the contract, my nightingale, but do have a care. Our security is paramount. If you are discovered, you know what must be done. I do not think that you will fail me." She would never have agreed to take the girl on if she had thought her a failure in the making.

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:41 pm
Mx Cherie

“I will not act without evidence, it is why I have not acted sooner. Matters like this take time. The Hatching set my plans back quite a bit.” Dorame reassured her, she had no plans to get caught. Despite what people might think; she did actually plan to live a very long and prosperous life. She wanted fame, fortune and all the bells and whistles that came with it. She wanted to be the lady sat on the throne.

“My Lady, if I can speak bluntly.” She requested, finishing the last of her tea. “There are so many people with their eyes fixed on the sky. Do you think they realise the world is already burning?” Dorame shrugged for a moment, standing up and holding her package close to her chest. Sometimes she thought it would be better if she never Impressed. That way her gaze would always be fixed on the ground, making sure the world the Riders were risking their lives for, did not rot any further. She smiled, a sweet smile, before giving a small bow to excuse herself.

”When my injuries heal, I will be gone.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Weighing the girl's words, Ink sipped her tea. The cup was nearly empty, though she had been drinking in measured sips. "Those who choose not to notice the fire dare not to put it out. No, I do not think that they realize that the world is aflame. Nor do they care." So long as their will was done, so long as their precious honor was upheld... why would they?

"All official avenues have been exhausted. Pursue your own, my dear nightingale. I know that you will succeed. And upon your return, you will once more begin to know my birds, and those that are against us." For indeed, there would be those who did not approve of such matters. Not that Lady Ink cared. She would do this until she died of it, or until it was no longer necessary.

Lifting a hand, she gave the signal that Dorme might leave. The hand dropped back down to the skull, which she stroked contemplatively. Yes, it would make a fitting present for her mistress.

Z o m b i k ii

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out