[PRP] Back in the Nest (Dorame & Bekah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:45 pm
(note that this RP takes place two weeks after the Hatching.)

Dorame was finally back at her Weyr; to be quite frank she had never missed the bad climate and cold corridors as much in her life. Four turns she had spent in training and she was yet to consider this chilly, hard construct her home. At least not until this moment, she was home. Somehow she was able to find her way back to the nest and two weeks of exhaustion hit her the moment she did.

Now she was home, it was time to take care of herself. Her eyes were framed with dark circles, her ashen-skin pale and grey looking. She was alive though and that in itself meant she had passed the test, she had survived and brought her Lady back the prize she so desired. It was all that mattered, the one thought that kept pushing her forward. Not it was over, what filled the void left behind were dark feelings. Most of all resentment.

The brunette made her way to the infirmary and was given a bed to sit on and wait to be seen. Comfortable enough to sleep on; a tempting thought. However, if she fell asleep right now, she doubted anyone would be able to wake her. She made an audible groaning sound, as she pulled her hood and cloak off over her head.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 am
It was almost the end of Bekah's work day, she'd been on shift for longer than normal due to her training, she wanted to become a Journeyman as soon as she could so took on all the extra training she was allowed to do, and keep herself from burning out, a tired healer made mistakes and she wasn't about to do that, it could ruin her whole career plans if she did. No, Bekah wasn't stupid. Determined, driven, but not stupid. She was steered towards her last patient.

She walked into the infirmary just as a brunette woman with her back to her, was pulling off some clothing and Bekah hissed at what she saw "you're Dorame?" she asked "What on all Pern did you do?" she asked, then realising that was rather rude, "Sorry long shift, let's start with what happened" she eyed the wound, wondering if she should call someone in...  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:49 pm
Revel1984

Dorame paused as she heard the healer address her, looking in her direction and raising a brow. “Yea, Dorame.” She replied with a small shrug. What on all Pern did you do? Well, that one might take some explaining. She finished taking off her layers, holding the fabric to her chest to preserve her modesty. The brunette was not shy, but she would rather not flash people if she could help it, especially outside the baths.

“Some kind of whip. The first one wrapped around my arm but did not cut. When he pulled it back; I guess I was not expecting the second one. Got me pretty good, cut right through my clothes. It was a bleeder too; b*****d.” She explained; Dorame always thought the fact she herself was a b*****d gave her the right to say it about other people.

Her story was not totally true, she missed out the part about holding a child to her chest. Using herself as a barrier between it and the attacker. Dorame was not used to taking a beating for anyone, and certainly did not step in from the goodness of her heart. Her Lady wanted her to stop the slavers, by extension that meant it was also her mission to project the girls.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 pm
Bekah was shocked, a whip? "What the...." no no she shouldn't ask, it wasn't her job, she was a healer, she didn't need to know what the woman had been doing to receive her wounds. "How long has it been since it happened?" she asked, gathering supplies, she might need to apply a paste to leech out the infection that was clearly running through the oozing scabbing.

She frowned as Dorame relayed the information. "you probably be better laying down, so i can really get into this and scrub out this infection" she said, matter of factly.

Z o m b i k ii

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:19 pm
Revel1984

“A week?” It sounded like a question, like she did not know exactly when it happened. The days were a blur and many nights she did not sleep. It means that the timeline was screwed in her mind, lack of sleep probably not helping her clarity of events. She sighed and laid down on her front, a small groan escaping her lips as discomfort set it. The brunette felt stiff, like she needed a good hot bath and a message.

She cradled her head in her folded arms, one pallid green eye watching the healer. This was going to hurt. The other woman did not have to say that much, she could just tell. “That bad, huh? I thought I managed to get away with it; apparently not.” There was no healer on the ship; and even if there was, she doubted they would be called to aid a disobedient slave. There was not much she could do to keep the cut clean, besides pray.

“Is it gonna scar?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:27 pm
"A WEEEK?" Bekah squeaked at the end, trying to hold back her surprise "Why did it take a WEEK before you got treated?" eyeing the wound, it could be worse she supposed and at least, besides oozing, it was scabbed in places.

"that bad yes, sorry" she winced, spreading some numbweed around the area but not able, until infection was clear, to put the numbing paste into the wound itself. "This is still going to hurt" she said, not in the habit of lying to her patients, unless it was obviously better to. She poked the numbed area a few times without getting a reaction so she began the process of cleaning the wound, first soaking the scabbing off with warm water with a liquid mixture designed to keep infections at bay.

"Yes, probably, maybe if you'd come in right away but after a week"she hissed between her teeth "I'll do my best to keep it minimal" she kept cleaning "Some men like scars, they think they're sexy" she tried to joke, hoping the girl... woman wouldn't be too upset about a scar.

Z o m b i k ii
(sorry im just assuming where its' numb doesn't hurt)
)

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:42 pm
Revel1984

“The option was not there.” She replied with the best shrug she could give. Not everyone was lucky enough to get injured at the Weyr. Dorame thought back to her father, to his clinic, and all the weird and wonderful ailments patients came in with. Maybe it was because they were so isolated, so out of the way; the smell of festering and infection was strong. In a way, it reminded her of home.

The quip about sexiness had Dorame smiling, the most genuine laugh in a long time leaving her lips. That was until it can cut short by the stinging sensation on her back; she let out a groan and sunk her teeth into her arm for a second. “How about women?” She asked with a smirk on her lips.

”Do you find scars attractive?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:49 pm
Bekah nodded "fair enough" she shouldn't pry, it wasn't professional, but she was 18 and whip wounds weren't common at all, not at the Weyr anyway and she was burning with curiosity but she held it in check. It didn't take long before she'd cleaned out the oozing from the wound, there was more to do however, to fully clean it.

She winced when Dorame flinched and had to put her face on her arm "Sorry" she said quietly, cleaning the edges of the wound. At Dorame's question Bekah blushed "oh well... ah im sure some do" she turned bright red but amused too. It wasn't the first time she'd had offers from patients before, she was trying to get better at turning them down. "Sorry" she coughed "im actually taken" she said, her mind drifting to Tassiel, there was a small pot of wild flowers on the table that had been a gift from her boyfriend that morning.

Z o m b i k ii

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:00 pm
Revel1984

“I did not ask if you were taken.” Dorame hissed, not at her reply, but out of discomfort. Maybe it was making her a bit shorter than she usually would have been in the situation; it was an amusing thing to note though. “I asked you if you found them attractive, two very different questions that have no parallel to each other.” She went on, the conversation and the blushing healing taking her mind off the pain. Dorame was cruel, but this little bit of teasing seemed harmless enough.

She buried her head in her arms. “The truth is, I could not care less about who finds what attractive. I care that the person who did this, left with all his limbs attached.” Her fist clenched, as did her teeth.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:08 pm
Bekah thought "you're right" she chuckled "Actually, no, i don't really, but mostly that's because i see the not so sexy side of scars" She replied, trying to be gentle. "I've got to add this paste to the wound now, this is going to sting worse than needlethorns" she warned, getting the paste ready now that the wound was clean.

She didn't quite know what to say to Dorame's last statement, she opened her mouth a couple of times, trying to think of something to say but couldn't find the words, how DID she end up with whip scars? her curiosity was even worse now but she bit her tongue. "Once i put the paste one, im going to have to wrap you up a bit, the paste needs to stay on until tomorrow, then i can see about removing the dead edges and sewing you up if i can, it'll make you less of a scar but has more chance of failing, or i could just keep replacing the paste once a day until it heals up of it's own accord, it'll be slower and more of a scar but will heal better and without the risk of closing infection in" she rambled a little, to distract both herself and Dorame as she mixed the paste up.

Z o m b i k ii

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 am
Revel1984

“Long-term treatment is not an option at this point; so just do what you need to do. I need to be able to travel by tomorrow night.” It might have come off a little shorter than she intended as she reflected on how strange it was being in the infirmary; despite her Craft she did not very often end up here, mainly because any small injuries she received she took care of herself using the knowledge her father had passed down. Dorame was no healer, but you picked up a few lessons from the many years she spent with the old man. He wanted her to follow his career, carry on his studies, but the last thing she wanted to do was live in that shadow. Dorame, if nothing else, always had been her own person; and nothing would ever change her.

”And don’t worry about me; a little pain is exhilarating. Sweet girl.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 am
Bekah blinked, not long term? ... "Dorame, you need this tending to properly,
or it might never heal well enough, you might have trouble bending if it heals badly and scars wrong" she said, not 100% sure on the matter but scarring limited movement wherever the scar was somewhere that needed to flex."at least until it's cleaned up properly" she paused in applying the paste, frantically thinking.

"At least come back tomorrow so i can see if i can clean the edges and stitch you up?" she asked the other gir.. no ....young woman. She did blush a little at the apparent flirting. She was flattered, as any girl would be but she wasn't into other girls, also she had her Tassiel. "You wouldn't say that if you'd seen some of the things i have" she said back, slight amusement in her voice.

Z o m b i k ii

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 am
Revel1984

“Then it will never heal well enough. I can promise to come back tomorrow but what is the extent to which I can commit.” Then her life would be her Lady’s once more, and Dorame had little choice in what was going to follow. The Lady seemed to work her subordinates hard and the brunette was not sure how long it would be until her next mission. For all she knew she could be leaving again tomorrow night, or she could be stationary here for a few weeks. The future was uncertain, and her destiny in the hands of someone else. She simply did not have a choice in the matter; all she could was prepare herself.

Her fists clenched as the felt the sting, her knuckles turning white as she braced for what was to come. “And what do you think these eyes have not seen? What wicked delights did creation reserve just for you?” She asked her, looking over her shoulder as her brows knitted in curiosity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 am
Bekah sighed, she couldn't hold Dorame against her will but the woman really needed to stay, or at least keep returning daily to get the wound looked at, at least until it had healed sufficiently. "Dorame, i can't make you stay but do you think that you could come back every day, or at least every other day? so i can change the dressing and check the wound at least? please?" she asked the woman, worrying about it getting infected again.

She finished applying the paste then layered a dressing over it, the dressing would hopefully stick to the paste but just to be sure she would bandage the woman up, as best she could anyway. "Not 'just' for me" she retorted, "As a healer you see some things...." she fought back the shudder at the memory of the worst she'd seen. ""Threadfall wounds are just the start" she rubbed her face on her arm, breathing deeply. "Infection so bad that limbs had to be removed, .... or worse .." she sighed, death was a common thing on Pern now that Thread was back but for Healers, they saw the deeper, grittier side of it and she wished all those that were dying could have a clean departure Between when things got terminal.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items