Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] When the Morning Comes (A'gus & Dorame)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:23 am
DaisyMilk

Dorame was packing for her journey to Western; and admittedly she was looking forward to wearing some of her old clothes, all of which were far too thin to wear at the High Reaches given the climate. Green fabric, blue fabric, accents of golds and coppers. There would be a feast at Western, and if she managed to Impress; she would want to look her best for the celebration. Today though, she was still at her Weyr, and was walking around the corridors in the same layers of tattered fabric she could be seen in most days, her bag thrown over her shoulder.

She put her belongings with the small collection of bags that were beginning to appear near the gate, to make for easy access for the journey the next day. It was nine o’clock, that magical hour where she had some free time and she would usually be doing her Craftwork; but because of the journey ahead decided to give herself the evening off. There was no point in her taking up a job that she could not complete for at least another week if not two.

Her hood was pulled over her head, a dark braid hanging loosely from the opening, her face shadowed besides two pallid green eyes. Dorame was not a shy or modest woman; but tended to prefer to walk around unnoticed unless she wanted to be. Maybe a habit her master had drilled into her through her training.

The unfortunate thing was, when one was not used to ‘taking a break’ it meant that when the time was made available one was unsure how to spend it. Luckily entertainment seemed to be walking towards her in the shape of a behemoth, or rather was about to pass her in the corridor. An incredibly tall man, one that made all five foot - three inches of her feel even smaller than she usually felt. She bowed her head slightly as he approached. A soft smile on her face, the smile she usually wore.

“Good evening.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 am
Bustling down the hallway, A'gus was somewhat lost in his own thoughts as he silently calculated how many of his own wing that he'd need to keep back, how many he could release for transport duty...

We could have done transport, A'gusmine. I have never seen Western before, the bronze's words to his rider were wistful and just a touch reproachful.

There'll be other chances, m'lad, A'gus thought back with a grin hovering about his lips. Someone has to stay behind and keep watch, you know. Might as well be us.

He would have, perhaps, tried to jolly Xibalbath out of the sulky fit that was being cultivated had it not been for the soft 'good evening' that brushed his ears. Glancing down, he saw a tiny female smiling and bowing her head. Grinning, A'gus paused and gave the unknown a courtly bow before straightening up and taking in the sights. And oddly, it was the bag over her shoulder that caught the bulk of his attention.

"Ah! Are you one of the candidates we're sending down to Western? They had the Touching yet? Got any more bags to cart down? I can assist if you like."

Grin widening, A'gus bent, ever so slightly, in a pose of solicitous helpfulness towards the female. Granted, she wasn't exactly his type as small and dark as she was, but she was pretty enough and seemed graceful.

Mine. You have no 'type' beyond female. If she has been to Western, I should like to hear her tales.

Turning a bark of laughter into a cough, A'gus winked cheerfully at the girl.

"So. My name is A'gus and my bronze Xibalbath is also curious about Western and would like to know if you've any juicy gossip about the place."

Z o m b i k ii

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 am
DaisyMilk

Dorame nodded his head at the question; she was indeed due to travel come the morning. “No, this is it. It is astonishing how little you need to pack when the cold is not an issue.” She shrugged. “Though, thank you for the offer.” Not many people would; and truthfully she was slightly taken back by the fact that a Rider had offered to carry her bags. She raised a brow, wondering if she should find is suspicious. Come on now, there are some genuinely kind people on Pern. The brunette tried to reassure herself; though she did not believe a word of it.

When he bent down she could not help but smile, amusement filling her eyes. Everyone seems to do that, am I really that small? She shook her head. “My name is Dorame, it is nice to meet you A’gus and Xibalbath too.” She bowed her head, wondering if the Dragon was looking through his rider's eyes.

And if you want to look me in the eye, you would be better off on your knees. All the Riders here are offensively large.

“About Western? Not the Weyr itself as I am rarely there, but the place I hailed from; where I was raised was not too far away from it. As far as gossip goes; it was quiet for the most part, and small in population, though those isolated environments are enough to create a plethora of eccentrics. Myself included… I have been told.”

She cleared her throat slightly. “Are you staying behind?”

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff