Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 am
The early morning plight that had plagued her mind still weighed heavy on delicate shoulders. Her Gold had recently come back, and Alumet could only assume that Zenobiath had decided to practice flying a bit. She enjoyed it, and it made her feel better. Whatever had happened during the flight seemed to be private, and so....well, Alumet would leave it at that. She had one person she KNEW she could talk to after all. Slowly, she stood, dressing in a loose chemise, a fitted leather bodice, and trousers, knee high boots....and lastly, her fur cloak. The weather was still chill enough she needed it. Gently resting it on her shoulder, she turned, the slight cloak of the thing billowed as she walked, the Gold taking off from a ledge to go seek out the weyr she was looking for. Hers wanted to go see K'ienn, which was all well and good. She did not mind Yisketh. He was polite, and a right gentleman.

The dragon would be the first to arrive, her growing wingspan spread, oil fresh on her hide as she canted her head to keen softly at both males, Yisketh, K'ienn. The Gold was getting confident enough in herself to speak to others. At 27' now, she was an elegant female, lithe and well-muscled, her tail moving to wrap about her feet as she settled, My Alumet is coming to see you. She was getting used to visiting the weyr, since Hers trusted the Bronzerider rather implicitly. She could feel the affection that Alumet had for K'ienn blossoming in to something more, and while she herself did not understand, that was all well and good. It mattered to Hers, so it was important to Zenobiath.

Alumet was swift to the door of the weyr, smiling and preening only a little before she knocked. Her heart was quickly running away with her head when it came to the handsome Bronzerider. K'ienn treated her well, was kind, and helped her with lessons. Yisketh was so wonderful as well, and her Zenobiath seemed to be passing fond of him, as much as she was of anyone. She didn't expect the young Gold to understand quite yet. That was alright. "K'ienn? Are you in?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm
In the cold of the fast-approaching mountain winter, the Trespassers’ Wingleader was even further gratified by his ownership of a private bath. Few things relaxed his tense muscles as well as a scalding hot bath with salts and oils. He’d stayed in as long as he could stand it, and when he stepped, half-dressed and damp, back into the cooler main space of his weyr, his bare skin literally steamed. The cold that almost hurt before felt so soothing after such heat that he couldn’t help but share the pleasure with Yisketh, who had never had a hot bath in his life. The bronze, curled up on his couch on the other side of the wall, reveled in the lovely sensation. I wish I could fit in a bath, he sighed wistfully.

He’d just settled into his soft, comfortable armchair with some reports when he heard Zenobiath’s voice, announcing her and Alumet’s arrival. The sounds of hide brushing the floor and walls came from the direction of Yisketh’s couch as the bronze roused and went out to meet Zenobiath. The man let slip a small snort. Yisketh was so unenthusiastic about his rider’s interest in Alumet, but – and rather hypocritically, K’ienn thought – didn’t seem to feel any hesitation about making nice with her gold, now that Zenobiath was coming into her own.

He heard the tap of the girl’s knuckles on his door, and nearly invited her right in. He glanced down at the umber ripples of his bare torso, considered the idea again for a moment, and thought the better of it. She was still under certain restrictions, best not to... overwhelm her. He pulled his white fur cloak off the back of the chair and draped it over his shoulders as he stood to properly greet his guest. “I’m here, Alumet. Come on in.”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 pm
Teiha

The lovely Gold rumbled pleasantly at Yisketh coming to greet her, arching herself ever so, and letting her wings remain spread for just a moment,. She was smaller than he yet, and it was something she could not wait to remedy. Alumet had to smile at her beloved's mentality. She so loved being the centre of attention, especially Yisketh's. He was the first Bronze other than her brother to notice her, and she was preening in it. Her own eye was drawn by K'ienn's state of dress....or rather the lack thereof. Tracing in , she took a slow breath, a gesture of control that she had long since learned in the early days of her training. Calm, composed, though Zenobiath encouraged the tiny flame of desire only a little. Alumet herself was beginning to come further in to her own. She looked more a woman than a girl now, and it was something she was finding pleasant. "So you are. Are you not just a sight for sore eyes." Her tone was dulcet, eyes glittering bright as she studied every inch of him visible to her.

Yes, he was lovely, and she could appreciate it....For she was a picture of loveliness herself, wash't she? Slowly, she brushed past him, hand touching his, eyes glittering as she moved to sit right in his chair that he'd been in not a moment before, "It is good to see you in...I wanted to talk to you." Faranth help her, just another month or two, and she would not have to be the chaste, less physical creature. The only person she'd been close to was her brother, and while it was nice, well...It was no replacement for a warm body in the bed. "I confess....I have been troubled lately."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 am
Yes, Yisketh had been quite unhappy with his rider’s choice in chasing after a weyrling. K’ienn could see a gilded future full of structure, success and harmony in that girl… with that girl, though it would likely take a dozen turns or longer to manifest. The bronze had struggled to picture it working out, after what he’d gone through with Fianth. Over the last few months, he was surprised to discover that Zenobiath would spare him a second glance, and occasionally more, as she did today. A preening gold, especially one as elegant as she, made Yisketh’s eyes soft and his hearts begin to melt. So, with tentative joy and a strange sadness that he kept hidden from the young gold, he decided that perhaps he could pursue… would pursue. For himself. Not for K’ienn. If she would choose him… maybe everything would be all right again.

Not much could distract K’ienn from his duties these days. One thing, however, was becoming a bit of an exception. As Alumet entered his domain, he forgot about the reports, eyes locked on her radiant form. She had been beautiful before, but now, she was something more. She had the distinct air of a princess entering into her rightful station as a queen. And though she had taken to more practical style of dress as a rider, not even a dusty old burlap sack could disguise those sensuous curves.

His breath caught as her hand brushed against his. She did so love to do that every chance she got, ever since they first met that day in the records room. He smirked as she turned her back to him on her way to steal his armchair. Her flaxen hair had gotten so long, he noted. The longer, the better. He’d gather it in his fingers, delighting at its softness, and--

He cleared his throat.

Troubled? Whatever for, Alumet?”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:18 pm
Teiha

The gold crooned warmly to the Bronze, moving forwards and nuzzling him ever so. Still smaller than she was, Alumet knew that Hers was beginning to see Yisketh as the girl herself saw K'ienn. It was odd, being so interconnected with her beloved's emotions, but both females were content with such things. The fact that he had to clear his throat before speaking got an amused smile across pale lips, her eyes alight with bemusement. One leg crossed over her knee, a hand resting under her chin as she leaned back in the seat, making her look for all the world like a woman in control, "....There is much that is coming to my mind...especially as Zenobiath grows. She is nearing her senior weyrling age, which means my mind becomes burdened." Slowly, the teasing light shifted out of her face, becoming far more serious, distracted. It truly was troubling....

"I realize my decisions now begin to effect the weyr. It will become more so once we are Goldriders in our own right...with our own weyr. I will have to watch who I take to bed, who I spend my time with." And that was where her blue eyes flicked to him, "I am not as free a woman as I was, before my beloved chose me. Everything I do and say speaks for my home."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 pm
K’ienn listened to the woman’s concerns, the smirk on his face fading, then coming back as a somewhat softer smile. For as free as she’d been with her body in her former life, she was still so… innocent. It struck a chord, somewhere inside of the dark-haired bronzerider, and he found himself taking a knee to bring himself closer to her level, his hand resting on the arm of the chair just shy of touching Alumet’s. “You will be fine,” he said. “You are smart, well-educated, and you know what’s expected of you. And your self-control is… commendable. Honestly, Alumet, I don’t believe you will make any of the mistakes you’re afraid of making.” He quirked a brow. “...Unless you’ve got some sort of plan that I’m not aware of?”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:49 pm
That got a soft sigh, her pale blue gaze turning to rest on his hand, eyes soft, nervous, "....I know not if there will be something that occurs." Slowly, her hand moved to intertwine with his, carefully threading her fingers to mesh perfectly. Their contrast was fascinating to her, pale skin against dark. Darkness and light, and with the rumors she'd heard about him, stories of his past, sometimes she wondered. Was that all true? Was this true? "What plan could I have. The only things I am thinking of is the fact that I must be aware of who I bed. It used to be I would take whoever I pleased. I found myself in a different bed every so often, and enjoyed it...but when people talk all from me coming to talk with you....Don't you think it effects things?"

Slowly, her gaze moved from their hands to his face. In her eyes, he would see that burning intelligence, something that came from a wariness put in her by her own past. "People already think I'm favoring you. I don't think that kind of choice is made so lightly. If I choose a permanent partner...I don't know. I am thinking of speaking with Zheria about it." Slowly, the other hand, the one not twined with his, moved to touch his cheek, moving across dark flesh with hands now rough from her habits.

Teiha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:03 pm
Still kneeling, his heart began to race. Without so much a single suggestion, Alumet was following the script he’d written in his mind four months before. She was more fixated on him than he’d ever expected… or was that… hoped? As her fingers entwined with his, his focus was complete. He was silent, but his thoughts blazed. People only thought she favored him? Didn’t she? Didn’t she come to his weyr day after day of her own accord, unannounced and without a chaperon, and look upon him with those bewitching blue eyes that gazed so deeply into his even now? What other reason would she have to do that?

She lifted her other hand to stroke his cheek, and her touch was like fire on his skin. Alarm bells sounded in the back of his mind even as he reacted, his dark fingers tightening around hers, so pale and delicate. His chin lifted as he leaned over her slowly, yet without hesitating even for a moment. Once would be enough. Just once. And then the bells became deafening.

He froze, his lips so close to hers that he could feel her breath on his face. He was suddenly very aware that the edge he was balanced upon in that moment was treacherous. Everything he’d worked for could have been ended in a single moment, but for the space of a finger’s breadth.

K'ienn sat back on both knees, regaining control over his thoughts and impulses. “A Weyrling… must follow certain rules.” Then he stood up and took a few steps back from the chair, out of Alumet’s reach. But he did not look away.

“Very, very strict rules. For the safety of their dragons. And if you are concerned about people talking... If you are concerned about rumors you may have heard about my past... I admit to you that I made some mistakes on the way here, and I regret them." His dark eyes flashed with pain. "My biggest regret… is Olliah.”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
SCREAMING

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:22 am
The look in her eyes was far too calm, calculated and careful. It was clear that she was measuring him, every reaction, every word, "K'ienn...Do you regret hurting her, or the mess you caught yourself in." Oh, she was going to make him tell her, "I do not live on assumptions. I never have. As I've corrected people who assume I place my favor on anyone this early...I now have to ask you to tell me the truth." He'd wanted to touch and kiss. She knew well that draw, for she, herself felt it often. She was good at creating that desire if she needed to but...not with him. "I care about you, K'ienn. You've been helpful and kind. You've been helping me ease my mind when I'm troubled."

There was a but. Of course there was a but, "But tell me...What....are you actually thinking. About this. About your history...the things you say....Please." A hint of desperation in her voice, concern, near panic on her face. She wanted him to at least regret it...to say he was sorry. To want to CHANGE. Something, anything, but the answer she was expecting. Oh, yes, she wanted him terribly, but at the same time....she knew better. You still belong to me, Mine. No matter what he WANTS, Your heart and being are mine.
So they are, love. Always and forever, I am yours.

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:44 am
On the ledge with Zenobiath, Yisketh was also poised in wait for his rider’s answer, confused by the sudden melange of emotions K’ienn was feeling. The previously cool, collected mind was in turmoil. K'ienn? What are you doing?

I… I’m not sure. This… wasn’t supposed to happen.

A wound thought to be long healed had been split open and bled afresh. A wound that had been smothered with the palliatives of strife and forward momentum, willfully suppressed as a hindrance, irrelevant to the present… wasn’t it?

As his lips uttered that name, he realized just how deep he had gone. Without even comprehending what he was doing, he’d given this… girl… access to his innermost hurts. Bruised pride, a sundered heart, absolute enslavement to victory in exchange for what…? Nothing more than distraction from the pain. He looked around at what he had won. This weyr, so large and well-furnished that he could almost have hosted a gather in it. This title, one of the highest achievements and honors that could be earned by a dragonrider. His wingriders, who looked to him for leadership and guidance. Twenty turns of sweat and toil, furtive acts, and venomous politics, the last eight of them suffered alone, finally culminating in a monumental leap toward the attainment of his ambitions.

She was so innocent.

This child, whose only worry was about whom she bedded. As if that had any effect on anything, aside from drawing prying eyes and fueling loose tongues.

“Alumet… I do regret hurting Olliah. Every day of my life. If things had gone differently between us, you might be talking to the Weyrleader right now.” He paused to draw a deep breath, trying… and failing… to ignore the aching in his chest. “I am ambitious. In fact, I’ve been set on rising to Weyrleader since I was just a boy. And it is not a goal I am willing to give up. But if I could go back and tell myself what I know now… I would have made more time for her. I wouldn’t have burdened her with my own troubles. I would have taken her burdens upon myself, instead. I would have given her the love she deserves.”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:34 am
The gold beside him was perched in such a way to suggest that she was ready to take off. Normally blue and purple eyes were whirling with orange, yellow, and white. Her wings were spreading up and out, head raising as she watched Hers. Beloved, that is something for which you need to be conscious. People have warned you...Warned us about people that might use us in that way. You must think...no matter what your heart is thinking. Oh, and she could feel what her heart was thinking. Could feel the stab of pain, and the worry. She had feelings for him, but this? This had hurt her.

Slowly, very slowly, Alumet rose from her chair, tracing a path from there to her dragon and reaching up gently. Lithe fingers caressed delicate headknobs, moving to rub across eye ridges as she mulled over what he'd said. He wanted to be Weyrleader. He was using her in his own way, using her to get what he wanted, "...You know, since I became a Goldrider....I was warned. People would use me. For my station, for the color of my beloved's hide." She refused to look at him, for now, he heart aching, the dragon before her crooning. Gray and yellow became prevalent. her wedge head pressing gently to Alumet's chest. Honestly, in this world, Alumet cared about two things. Zenobiath, and her family. She cared the most deeply about her Bonded, and to know that K'ienn's intention had been, "....This began....You and I....With that intention, didn't it?" Her voice was soft, suddenly distant, she pushing her emotion down and away. "You are doing the very thing I was warned against, and I was letting myself feel for you." Slowly, she turned, "Were you just waiting? Until she was of age? Until I could find myself lost to pleasure again? Until she Rose for the first time? I want the truth, K'ienn. Now."

Her expression was flat, not even a tear in those pale blue eyes, her mouth curved in a frown as she stood there, Golden head over her shoulder, Zenobiath rumbling, "Were you only using me."

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:33 am
He had exposed everything, the absolute misery of his past with Olliah, the one thing he kept so close that he had never shared it with anyone. And it felt like it had gone absolutely unacknowledged, Alumet’s accusals heaping upon him like so many slaps to the face. Resentment boiled up into his throat, unspoken snarls humming against the walls of his mind. Had he not come to know her so well these past months, if his own heart wasn’t in such turmoil just then, he would have crushed her. Just a few words to shatter that lofty idea that she, a mere weyrling, could be so shaffing important that a High Reaches Wingleader would sacrifice so much of his valuable time to hand-hold, allow her to flaunt rules of decency, and essentially risk everything just to get into her good graces.

And yet… here he was.

Yisketh crooned with relief as his rider’s mind quieted, his own wings relaxing, the red in his eyes fading back to a level yellowish-green. Though he felt everything K’ienn did, the bulk of his concern was for Zenobiath, knowing that whatever his rider said next might very well make her leave… and poison her spirit. As you love me, please be gentle, he implored.

The dark-skinned man wanted to laugh, at the situation, and himself. How in Faranth’s name had he gotten here? I’m trying, Yisketh. I just… don’t know what to say.

Say the truth, then. Just… gently. As you love me.

He met the young woman’s stony gaze, almost excruciatingly aware of Zenobiath’s large, whirling eyes also staring at him. “The truth, Alumet, is that – as dedicated as you are to your duties – there is very little you will actually have any true influence over. Not for a long, long time. It was ten turns before Olliah was chosen as Weyrwoman Second, and twenty for me to work up to Wingleader, by sweat, blood and will alone. Even if you wanted to help me…” He shook his head. “I don’t know if it’s really what you want to hear or not… but there is no way I could use you to further myself, even if I tried.”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:41 am
Relief flooded through her so quickly, that her dearest's eyes shifted from gray to blue in a second, purple threading in as her nose pressed to her Rider's cheek gently. Perhaps...she had been overthinking her rank as a Goldrider. She just...worried, so much. About what would fall upon her. About what might become of her. A hand moved to cup Zenobiath's nose, her eyes closing. Long lashes rested on fair cheeks for a moment before she managed to speak again, "...You've lost many things....looking for what you've achieved....and I can only imagine how much that has hurt. I have never felt that pain...and I..." Her voice was shaking, tears hovering on the edge of her eyes, "I can not imagine...but...is it odd that it relieves me to know that I won't be able to advance you?" When her eyes turned up to meet his again, they were wet, the first drop snaking down her face, towards her chin.

The Gold backed up, moving to Yisketh and crooning lovingly at hers. This was Alumet's fight, her own emotions, "That...you chose this....without..." Without malice. Without intent. That he chose this, not to use her for the color of her beloved's hide, or so it sounded. In this moment, she was hopeful, that she hadn't upset him too terribly, "K'ienn...I...I find myself with feelings for you...one way or another...they are there. I keep them to myself because there is time yet before I can even indulge the idea...but...I was afraid, and can you blame me? I have seen what men can do to the women they are beside, only to seek their own gain..." Her father was that sort of man...

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:40 pm
Oh, shards… she was crying. The Wingleader took a step toward her, only to stop and shake his head at himself. Not only was it awkward to have a woman crying in his weyr, it was doubly so because there was little he could do to comfort her. Naturally, an embrace was the first reaction, but now Alumet was emotionally volatile. He’d already told her where he stood, what his goals were; he would not risk her responding to his touch the wrong way. Not that he really thought it was wrong, but… again, he cursed the timing of this encounter. He sighed, letting his arms hang loosely at his sides as he gazed at the lovely, tearful girl with a subdued, barely-visible smirk.

“Feelings? For me?”

Honestly, K’ienn wasn’t surprised in the least. She’d not hid it well, if it was meant to be a secret. She certainly knew how to snare his attention with her movements and touch. And, as Alumet had said, there was already gossip about them floating from the mouths of those who were so inclined. He was a little surprised that V’mel hadn’t said a word to him since she started visiting him in private. He knew the Weyrlingmaster had no fear of rank, and that he was fiercely dedicated to protecting his students. Another concern came into his mind at that, but he would grapple with it later.

A bit more gently, now: “I’m sorry that you’ve had to see such things, Alumet, and I’m sorry that what you saw in me frightened you. I’m also sorry that you’ve had to hear about me from people who clearly aren’t my friends. And you’re right… certain goals require sacrifice. Not a lot of people are willing to give up what’s necessary to get what they really want. I’m not going to be one of those weak ones who back down and spends the rest of his life dissatisfied and jealous of those who kept going.” He took a breath, glancing over toward their dragons– a traditional, magnificent gold and bronze pair. “I am a Wingleader, and you will probably see me make some necessary, but harsh decisions down the road which you may not understand. But you don’t need to be afraid to talk to me about it. My door… as you well know… is always open.”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:43 pm
Teiha

The tears were quickly pushed back, ignored, and tucked down. She was frustrated, and honestly, he seemed to keep finding idle buttons to push. It didn't help that some of the weyr's displeasure with him had become known to her, and she would have been calm...would have been fine, until that last line. I am a Wingleader, and you will probably see me make some necessary, but harsh decisions down the road which you may not understand. But you don’t need to be afraid to talk to me about it. She'd turned her back to him, to look over her Gold and Yisketh...and then THAT. Decisions she might not understand? Whatever he ACTUALLY meant by it, she had to wonder. Did he think that she didn't understand his position? Responsibility? Did he think that she did not understand the facets of this weyr? True, she was still learning, still in her weyrlinghood, but, "...K'ienn...I hope that at the least, you understand one thing."

Slowly, she drew to her full height as Zenobiath nudged Yisketh and twined from the weyrledge, knowing well that Hers was about to leave for the barracks. Good, she was ready to go, "I am aware well of the things that go on in this weyr, and of the necessary and harsh decisions that must be made. While I myself might not ever have to make them, I will make up my own mind about what occurs. I fear talking to no one about anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, and forming my own thoughts and opinions, as I have tonight. DO take care." It was with this that she moved to pass him, her shoulder striking his a bit more roughly than she intended as she exited the weyr, anger boiling in her chest. Well, she might've taken that the wrong way, but she did have to think of her own image...and that of her beloved, the most important.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff