It was so odd. There was never a dull moment any more. Never a moment's rest, or it almost felt that way to Alumet. Five months in to their training, and Hers was getting so big, and their training becoming more intense. She had memorized most of the names of the Lord and Lady Holders, come to know who was ahead, and who was behind on their tithes, started to learn just what risks came with being a Goldrider...and just what kind of restrictions she would be put under. She wasn't going to be able to be as free as she'd once been. The thought was almost painful, and as she traced her way back to the barracks, her mind was lost to it all. She could feel Zenobiath listening, an ever-present mind in her own. Lately, especially, the Gold seemed to be keeping close, worried about her mental state. It had been a while since last she'd been able to spend time with mother or brother, and by that....well. By that, it meant that the physical affection Alumet was used to had not been something she'd been able to get.

When she entered the Candidate barracks, she heard the worried rumble of her Gold. looking up to see a large, wedge-shaped head pressing close. Fingers ran over the gentle curve of a glittering golden nostril, up over curving eye ridges. Faranth help her, Zenobiath was getting so large. She wasn't even half-done growing. Alumet felt so small. She too had grown only a bit more. She was a bit taller, hair longer, curves more filled out. Hair now hung about her shoulders, done in an elegant style most of the time, save today. Today it was loose. Today, she made herself feel more at home by simply being in a shirt, breeches, and letting everything be far more relaxed than usual. Slowly, she moved to the bed, watching Zeno's head follow. Goodness, was she worried? The thrum of the other's thoughts suggested it.
Mine...Are you so unhappy? I would ease your pain.
Not unhappy, dearest one. Perhaps confused...lost in what is to come, but not unhappy. How could I be, with my beloved so close to me.
A large head rested itself on the bed behind her, the crook of neck and cheek becoming where Alumet would oft find herself curled up. Nuzzling in to a warm hide, she let her hands massage underneath Zeno's eye, watching the steady whirl of violet and blue that usually filled those eyes. Oh, she adored the colors. The feeling of that love and devotion, the pure dedication that Zenobiath had for her. It helped soothe the worry and ache that sometimes could run soul-deep.

Tell me what troubles you, my hearts. You are my most Important, and if you can not tell me what is wrong, then who can you tell. Oh, Alumet knew well that Zenobiath could FEEL what was wrong, but at least her Gold gave her some semblance of dignity. She would always wait for Alumet to tell her.
I am afraid that my heart might not be able to be as carefree as it had been. I miss time with my mother and brother, and honestly? I am still...I am still the same woman. The only difference is that my choices will effect the Weyr once you are grown. Who I lie with, if I take a lifemate. Such things have long-term repercussions. We have a duty to attend, and while I could never regret you, or this, I worry.
Oh Mine. Why have you not spoken to Zheria, Ollia, or Lestenna? They might be able to help you ease the ache. I do what I can,
but you know I am proud of our duty. I do not feel the same reservations as you do. We are queens, you and I, females of a kind in heart and mind, made to care for all, and settle ourselves at the top. You could have been a Lady in a Holder's hall, but instead, you are here, and you are Mine. I know you love being able to be in this position that you can take care of those who need it, but such bias can be dangerou-

I know that, love. Believe me I do...

The two lapsed in to silence at that, as Zenobiath hummed gently. It was a soothing tone, something to try to lull her beloved Rider. Alumet's troubles were her own, and the Queen would soothe them always. Even if they did not see eye to eye sometimes, they were one heart, one mind, and she would remind her every day that she was loved. Crooning, she nuzzled her head closer under her love's back, letting the girl cuddle up against her neck as she drifted in to sleep. One claw tugged a blanket up, making sure Hers would remain warm, as she drifted in to sleep. Let the dream world not trouble her. She would have to speak to her beloved mother about this in the morning....