First day at High Reaches

A week had passed since the hatching. News had gotten back to Branwyn at High Reaches about her son Henwas dying on the sands during the current hatching. She had requested that on his next rest day A'dras go and get Huarwar so that he could be around family. The bronze rider obliged, having held nothing against the twin boys, they had always been innocent of their father's sins in his eyes.

If he had been surprised about A'dras showing up at Western to get him, Huarwar didn't show it. He didn't even seem strange about it either, he knew how Henwas had felt about A'dras but he had never thought the man truly bad, even after their father had been killed. Besides, what had holding onto that anger gotten Henwas anyways? He had been alone now without his twin for a week and it was strange. Was he beginning to cope better with his twin not being there, he had to learn how to stand up for himself to protect himself without him there. Course, no one was really doing anything to mess with him, they were all being nice and sweet.

As Gareth landed in High Reaches, Huarwar slipped off and was enveloped in his mothers arms. He didn't cry, just let her hold him. She was speaking but he didn't really hear much of it and after what felt like two candlemarks, A'dras had managed to seperate Branwyn from him. "Bran, dear let him breath. He is here for a couple of days before he has to go back." The woman nodded her head and smiled softly at him. "C'ryn might be at the lake somewhere with Aresoth." Huarwar didn't know if he wanted to go and see his half brother and his dragon, but he nodded his head before leaving the weyr to wander around.

Walking in a daze and ignoring everyone around him, Huarwar managed to find himself in the bowl and near the lake. It was only when a bronze firelizard suddenly ran into him. "Myrddin!" A cry rang out and Huarwar knew that voice, though it sounded a little different from when he had last heard it. "C'ryn." The other boy stopped and looked at his half brother, which Myrddin had decided to claim as a post. Beside C'ryn Aresoth stood, eyes looking at the bronze firelizard. Come back here. You shouldn't just run off after stealing food. You are too old for this. The weyrling scolded the firelizard who just creeled back at him, staying on Huarwar. C'rynmine, he is more trouble then he is worth. We should just... Aresoth trailed off as he saw C'ryn was not really listening to him.

"I'm sorry about...Henwas."

"You probably think it's better this way."

C'ryn was shocked as Huarwar's reply and his eyes narrowed some. "We may have not gotten along very well but he never deserved to die like that." Perhaps he was surprised that C'ryn had said that but Huarwar lifted his head to look at his younger brother, a look of relief crossing his features.

C'rynmine... Aresoth's voice cut through in both of the boys minds and C'ryn smiled. "Aresoth, this is my brother Huarwar. Huarwar, this is Aresoth." The bronze seemed to bow when he was introduce and Huarwar couldn't help but smile some. "I always did think you fit a bronze, C'ryn. You were always so noble. It annoyed Henwas to death."

C'ryn smiled as Huarwar chuckled softly. "Hey, Huarwar, wanna go get something to eat. Aresoth and I were going to grab a snack really quick before going back to training. We wouldn't mind the company for either."

Looking at C'ryn and then Aresoth, Huarwar nodded his head, letting a hand move up to pet C'ryn's firelizard. "I'd like that C'ryn, and since I see you have a firelizard...I'd like to stay in contact with you." Hearing those words made C'ryn smile and he nodded his head. "Of course."