{ORP} Weyrlings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:29 pm
Quote:
This is an ORP for the weyrlings of Tarot clutch. I'm guessing they are about 5 months now (correct me if I'm wrong?). This is taking place shortly before all the drama at the Touching goes down.

If you could include the image of your weyrling, that would help me greatly while I try to get reacquainted. <3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jynnat had her back turned carefully away from where the candidates were gathering to be picked up. It bothered and irritated her that that inferior weyr should offer a "candidate exchange". That was not how things were suppose to work. If they were short on candidates they could sharding well go Search for more in their own lands. Imagine the gall to try to steal High Reaches candidates!

As if that wasn't enough quite a few candidates seemed eager for the chance. Jynnat couldn't comprehend why. If she had still been a candidate she would have kept her self-respect and refused to go. High Reaches Weyr clearly had the better dragons. Yet if only she turned her head slightly, she could see them lining up to be paired with a rider to take them to Western. Western of all places! She was immediately grateful that she was bonded to Begath. He was the only one for her!

Of course I am, the blue replied smugly. Move a little to the left please. Begath was hip deep in water and soap suds. Jynnat had decided a good scrubbing would work away at her anger at the foolish candidates and get her dragon clean. Her firelizard Trickster was helping almost as much as he was hindering.

"I can't believe they even considering going, much less actually going!" She muttered aloud at any weyrling nearby.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:44 am
User Image

Hearing news of a Candidate exchange being done between the two Weyrs had intrigued C'ryn. He had only ever known High Reaches Weyr, although his mother had a brother who was at Western and his twin half-brothers were there as candidates. He didn't know if the idea of the exchange really bothered him, leaving his home weyr was something he had never thought about doing and he wondered if he had stayed a Candidate, if he would have joined the exchange and gone. All of that didn't matter though, not since had had managed to impress and at a bronze at that.

Aresoth had gotten larger and needed oiling and bathing quiet a lot. It also took time, C'ryn had been prepared for that. He had helped his father with Gareth when he was younger, so the task wasn't that daunting to him. The bronze sat with his eyes watching the Candidate's as they climbed onto dragons to whisk them away to the other weyr. C'ryn could feel a slight distaste for what they were doing, but also there was a sense of knowing it was needed. Perhaps Candidate's were hard to search for out in Western and more fighters were always needed to combat the Enemy. Did it truly matter where the candidate's came from and Impressed when truly the Weyr's should work together? Even if Western was backward with a green rider as their Weyrwoman. At least they had the sense to have a bronzerider as theyr Weyrleader.

C'ryn shook his head free of Aresoth's own thoughts as he continued to lather up the soap on him. He heard Jynnat's words and he smiled some. "You and Aresoth are certainly of the same opinion. Even if he does believe that more fighters in the sky is better then a dragonnet betweening because they cannot find theirs." It was a practical view, one that he and his dragon seemed to always share.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:12 pm
Basanuth and R'gan

Though large for a blue, Basanuth's continued insistence on them getting up early meant R'gan usually had plenty of time to wash and oil him. He had actually been on his way to see off the traveling candidates when he overheard Jynnat's comment. Many of his friends were still candidates, and many of those had agreed to participate in the transfer, but even if they weren't or they hadn't, her comment would still have struck a nerve. He glanced towards the line of candidates waiting to be matched with a transport dragon. She wasn't exactly trying hard to keep her voice down. Maybe that was the point, but either way some of the candidates could probably hear her.

He frowned, stopping to look at the other two weyrlings while Basanuth stood patiently beside him and regarded his siblings calmly. "Why?" he asked, annoyed. "This isn't a competition, it's a war. More candidates on the sands means more chance the dragonets will impress safely without betweening, which means more dragons in the air fighting thread. Who wouldn't agree with that?"

I quite agree! Bas chimed in pleasantly, delighted that once again that he and his were of the same mind. Are we not all fighting the same enemy? Are we not all working towards the same goal? Is it not commendable to help those who ask for assistance?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:52 pm
Jynnat moved to the spot indicated and scrubbed with a will. Begath gave a sigh of pleasure as his itchy spot was duly scrubbed. He gave a chirp of greeting to Aresoth. She glared at Trickster as he sent a splash her way. At the sound of a nearby voice, she looked up. Not far away was C'ryn and his young bronze. Apparently his rider had heard her mutter. She was gratified that the bronze agreed with her feelings and gave him a nod.

"Well I suppose. I just can't help feel that they are trying to steal our good candidates y'know? Why would they offer an exchange otherwise. Can't they train their own?" Granted a candidate was a long ways away from a trained weyrling or even full grown dragon. Jynnat felt that the training High Reaches gave their candidates was far superior to what the other weyrs gave. She frowned in thought. If they impressed down there, then they wouldn't be here for the next clutch. New candidates would have to be gathered and trained up to replace them. Then again, if they were even considering that Western might be better, perhaps High Reaches was better off without them?

Jynnat looked up from her scrubbing at another blue weyrling and wrinkled her nose at R'gan's question. "Why? As if it isn't obvious. They want our better trained candidates for themselves! They can't be bothered with it. What better way to snag them than have them impress to one of their dragons." She shook her head, "so let them go search for their own candidates! They have searchriders don't they?"

The blue perked his head up as Basanuth joined in. What if they are trying to steal our candidates? We will have to sweep in and rescue them! Immediately he began to formulate plans of rescue, each become more complicated than the last. The blue gave an excited twirl in the water, nearly swamping his rider. "Begath!" Jynnat yelped, now sopping wet. She straightened with as much dignity as she could muster, "but they aren't asking assistance are they R'gan? They're suckering our candidates in and trying to woo them to their ways!" She put a hand on her tip triumphantly.

magnadearel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff