[PRP] Fraud or Faulty? [Mihail + Connie + Philip]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:57 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A gift is commissioned but arrives broken... who is at fault here?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Mihail wanted to get something nice for Knetic. Not for... any particular reason, he just liked giving his friend gifts. There was just something about the way he looked when he opened up a surprise gift that Mihail couldn't get enough of. He was just so cute.... So, on one of his rest days, he spent some time traversing the city to see what was around... which was when he discovered The Shore Shack. After a bit of window shopping, he noticed that they'd do custom orders. Well, that settled it. He'd get Knetic a new solar mobile.

After letting Aligaa know where he was going, he opened up the door to the shop, then shuffled on inside. It took a moment for him to spot the redblood behind the counter, but once he did he strode over. Right. Deep breath. Talk clearly. "Hello, I'd li--like, like to make a cus-custom order." Great. Nailed it.

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei
just quotin you to let you know the thread is here ! we'll get'cha a proper quote when mih comes to philip

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:26 am
It was Connie's turn to mind the shop.

This meant she had lots of cleaning to do. It also meant if any customers made their way over to their small establishment she was in charge of taking their orders..or selling the items. She had enough experience to be comfortable, so it wasn't really an issue. Hopefully, her twin brought home some snacks...although it was doubtful. Their extra beetles went towards keeping their hives running, and business materials flowing. Sighing dramatically she rested her hand on her chin, feet swinging ideally back and forth as she scanned over their inventory list to see if they needed to order anything, or maybe go hunting down by the waters edge anytime soon.

The little ring of the shop's door made her head perk up, the girl's eyes gleamed with wonder. Who could that be! Peeking over the counter, the little redblood nearly gasped in surprise. A..highblood? In their shop? Now that was exciting! Sitting up so she was on her knees to be better seen Connie beamed at the other troll.

"Why hello there! Welcome~" She chimed in with a jovial wave. Leaning in she listened to him, noticing his stammer. He seemed awfully nice. She'd make sure to work extra hard for him. "Oh?" Connie grinned as she hopped down, scampering over to stand at his side. "You've come to the right place. We do mostly glass blown pieces hopefully that's alright?" She smiled a bit softer.

"What did you have in mind?" Connie asked, placing her hands behind her back and rocking back and forth some as she waited to hear from him.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:11 pm

She certainly was... energetic. Mihail knew how to handle that with Knetic, but not really other people. This was fine, he'd just... alter his methods of interacting with Knetic to suit this redblood. Yes, perfect. He nodded in reply, "yes that's- tha-that's fine." He wouldn't have... stepped into the shop if he didn't know what he wanted, would he? Perhaps she dealt with a lot of trolls that didn't know what kind of shop they'd walked into..

"I wa--want to order a pre-present, for my friend. Uh, he really, uh he - he likes ast-aaast-astronomy, so I was thin-thinking, uh, maybe, i mean," he paused, taking a breath before continuing, "a solar sys-system mobile- of sorts. Is-is-is that doable?" He lifted one brow and tilted his head to the side. Hopefully this would not be above her skill level... he hadn't really been expecting someone around his own age.

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:38 pm
Connie peered at the other with a fascinated gaze. She had to mind her manners..she was getting ahead of herself. It was just great they had more trolls coming to see them. There was the blueblood Dillys met the other day...this highblood, and Tzofia had promised to come see her sometime at the shop. Who knew who else would want to visit The Shore Shack? Maybe sponsoring during the Super Star Authority event was paying off after all!

Blushing faintly she rubbed her arm some. "Sorry..that must have sounded silly. We offer a few different services I just wanted to highlight our best." She giggled sheepishly. "It's not as well known as some places..we are still building ourselves up." Connie relaxed a bit trying to keep herself in check.

Her eyes lit up at his request. It sounded impressible it must have been for sometroll special. "Oooo!" She breathed excitedly, grabbing a notepad to jot down his request. Scribbling fiercely she turned her attention from her words to the highblood. "I think so. I have made several custom pieces...I may not be very old but I take my work seriously." Connie added. "I can send you an invoice once the piece is done, or you can do half now and the other half after I finish?" She offered writing up his order. "Do you want it shipped? Do you live far away?" Connie pestered trying to get an idea of how best to suit her customers' needs.

Despite how giddy she was, when it came down to business she was focused and to the point.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Oh, well.... maybe he'd assumed too much. Thankfully she'd switched topics to what he'd wanted to get in the first place. "No--nnn-no need, I ca-can, I can't uh, I mean, I can- I can pay up front." He shook his head with a small shrug. Why bother with negotiating that when he could just... get it done with in one transaction? Less to worry about, after all. "I-it, uh, yes, I would like it shipped. I don't live fa--faar from here, uh, just... just uh along the beach." Mihail began to pull his beetle purse out of his shorts' pocket as he spoke.

"How, uh, how long do you- do you think the-the-the turn around will be? Just-just so I know uhm, when to exp-expect it." Purse successfully found, he looked back up to Connie with it in hand expecting her to have the total. "Oh, uh, prio---priority ship-ship-shipping, please."

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:15 pm
Connie went quiet, long enough to let him keep talking and explain what exactly he wanted to do. Her pencil lightly tapped the pad of paper. Pursing her lips she smiled suddenly as he offered to pay upfront. Wow. That wasn't what she expected, but it made her pumpbiscuit swell with pride. If their shop could get enough solid customers...they would have the future she and her twin always wanted. "Sure, I can take care of that for you once it's done," Connie promised, a surprised look on her face. "Oh, we live nearby one another then!" The little redblood looked both pleased and amused all at once. Dillys and her hive happened to be attached to the workshop.

Looking thoughtful, she rubbed her chin. "I can get it done within the week I bet. I'll see what kind of materials I've got and if I need anything else." Noting him rifling around for his beetle pouch she let him do as he needed without interruption. "With priority shipping... I will have it to you by no later than this time next week if that works for you?" She jotted down a few things before coming up to a total.

"Becuase you are new here...and as a thank, you for doing business with us, does 100 beetles even sound?" Connie could have easily charged more, but she actually thought the other seemed nice..and she hoped maybe he'd come back! Or tell his friends if she did a good enough job.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Huh.. he hadn't seen any redbloods by the beach. Maybe it was a different beach... there were a few of them, after all. "Pe-perfect." He nodded and started to count out the amount-- wow... 100 beetles... that was pretty high, but he supposed it was worth it since it was going to be hand made and specially delivered. Besides, it wasn't like he was hurting for money anyway. He passed over the quoted amount. "Oh, my na--na-name is Mihail Kreios." She'd need to know that, wouldn't she? "Tha-thank you. Did--did you need- uh, need anything else- from, from fruh-me?"

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:56 pm
Connie nodded slightly as he agreed to her terms. "I use really good materials...and I'll even throw in a smaller design of the planet no extra cost." She promised. "It'll have the twin moons included as thanks for doing business with us!" The redblood mentioned.

"Mihail?" Connie replied, memorizing his name as she wrote his first and last name on the order slip. "My name is Connie Silvio! It's nice to meet you." Hopping down from her seat she scampered around the front. She stood in front of the other offering her hand out to shake to seal the deal.

"I'll get to work here pretty soon, you can stick around if you like but other than the address which you can leave me a note I'll have it done within the next couple days." She assured the other with a nod of her head. "Unless there is anything else I can do for you?" She inquired with a small smile.

nepsah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 am

Mihail nodded, "it's nii-nice to meet you as well." He looked confused for a moment as she hopped down then scampered around the counter, but realized what she was up to when she held her hand out. He took it and shook it with a firm grip. "Thhh-thanks, I haa-have some other things to get to. I'll le-leave the address..." He turned to write it down, careful to make sure it was all completely legible (wouldn't want it getting shipped to the wrong hive after all) before scooting it closer to the other side of the counter. "I luh--look forward to see--seeing the results." Mihail nodded his head in a sort of goodbye, then started toward the door.

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm
Connie had told her sibling about the work but had personally taken on the project. Carefully making the glass mobile of the planets, she wiped her brow as she examined the final product. She had learned a few things along the way, and they had been incorporated into the overall design. Walking around the planet mobile she yawned softly, rubbing one of her eyes Now all was left was packaging it up for shipping.

Packing up the design, she wrapped everything up meticulously to try and make it ready for shipping. Once this was accomplished, she sent it and the bonus item she had made for him. It wasn't the first time they had sent items this way, she didn't think there was a need to hand deliver the craft.

Hopefully, he'd like it..! Or the troll it was meant for at least. She had put more work into it then she'd planned, partly to try and impress the purpleblood. He had been so pleasant to talk with, and he seemed nice.

nepsah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:53 am

The package arrived with a ring of his hive's doorbell (he was sure it was the package, he wasn't expecting any guests and Aligaa scared off solicitors). Mihail was quite giddy. He was sure that Knetic was going to love it - after all Knetic seemed to love everything astronomical. That giddiness faded slightly when he opened the door to see the package was a little... well, it wasn't in perfect condition. He stooped to pick it up, careful not to jostle it, then headed to his eating block to set it on the table for opening.

Well- packages arrived in the mail looking a little worse for wear all the time. Surely the business he'd ordered this from would have taken that into consideration (thus probably the high fee) and packed his order accordingly. Right? Right. He grabbed a pair of scissors from the nutritionblock, then set to carefully removing the tape sealing the package.

What was inside squashed the remaining excitement in him. The mobile was trashed, really. Well, not all of it, but a good portion wasn't suitable for gift giving, or, really... hanging anywhere. He carefully pulled the intact portions out, mouth hanging open a little from the... shock? of seeing it in such a sorry state. Had.. they not done their due diligence to pack this correctly? He examined the package, it seemed to be lacking a lot of cushioning.

Well. This simply would not do. Being that he was overly cautious, he decided he'd need more information before approaching the shop about this problem. Information he likely wouldn't be able to get on his own- it wasn't like there was some useful tool where people could post reviews of businesses for everyone to see, after all!

For this task he'd need an investigator, probably. Setting the broken mobile back into the package, he turned to find the book he'd gotten recently on local businesses. After flipping through a few pages, he found an entry for a private investigator... perfect. Just what he needed and definitely not an overreaction to getting a broken thing in the mail. Nope.

Deciding not to waste time, he wrassled Aligaa into accompanying him to the office of the investigator. Once there, he knocked on the door. Hopefully they'd be in...

leon_a_darkangel

doutei
its time for philip!! i figure the package was probably messed with in the post

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items