Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🎭Chatterbox
First login in 4 years. Should I come back tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there any reason I should come back?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:17 am
Hello strangers,

I haven't logged in since I was 16. But then today I was bored and I thought hey, let's see if Gaia is still kicking. I was kinda surprised to see you guys have stuck around. I really have no concept of what's going on now or what has happened in the last four years... So I was wondering if you guys think there's any point in me coming back? I left because the whole debacle was becoming too much and my investment in the site wasn't helping the larger debacle that was rl at the time. I migrated to recolor.me which was a bit of relief, and I enjoy the site but these days I just lurk. I even went back to neopets for a while, but doing dailies now feels like work and I'm too shy to poke my head out in the neoboards. I used to enjoy this site, I put a lot into sharing my writing and stuff. idk if I could become as involved as I was again, but I'm wondering; is this something I should do? Do I have a place here?

Let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 pm
Well for one, the previous CEO got replaced after running the company's bank account bone dry, which is why you see all the Cash Shop announcements a bit too frequently still. In a nutshell, the company is still trying to get back on its feet financially. Now they've got a few sponsors called "GenkiMix" and "Mix10." The gold generators are no more, and the inflation is still terrible. That's all I can remember for now. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:47 pm
Princess Zelda21
Well for one, the previous CEO got replaced after running the company's bank account bone dry, which is why you see all the Cash Shop announcements a bit too frequently still. In a nutshell, the company is still trying to get back on its feet financially. Now they've got a few sponsors called "GenkiMix" and "Mix10." The gold generators are no more, and the inflation is still terrible. That's all I can remember for now. ^_^*

Thanks for the update smile I might feel around a little for a little while, see if anything sticks. If it does you might see me around, if it doesn't you won't. That's all I can say at this point.

Out of interest though, is this "platinum" scheme doing any good?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:29 am
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21

Thanks for the update smile I might feel around a little for a little while, see if anything sticks. If it does you might see me around, if it doesn't you won't. That's all I can say at this point.

You're welcome! Hmm, I'm not sure. It's supposed to be a better alternative to gold with not as much math involved, I think. It's not really a scheme at all. Just an alternate kind of currency.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:45 am
Princess Zelda21
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21

You're welcome! Hmm, I'm not sure. It's supposed to be a better alternative to gold with not as much math involved, I think. It's not really a scheme at all. Just an alternate kind of currency.

I don't know much about this but I sense it's their attempt at curing hyperinflation. There's not as much of it in the system as there is gold, so it actually has value and they can rebuild from the ground up. I'm hoping the move is a good thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:48 am
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21

I don't know much about this but I sense it's their attempt at curing hyperinflation. There's not as much of it in the system as there is gold, so it actually has value and they can rebuild from the ground up. I'm hoping the move is a good thing.

Well, it has more value because it's kind of a "conversion currency." You can alternate between which currency you prefer in your account settings, but I don't think you can have both at the same time. It's primarily just to cut back on the number of digits users have to deal with. 10,000,000 gold equals 1 platinum, so it mainly just chops the last seven digits off and calls it by a different name (it even seems to remember the specific gold amount you have even if it doesn't display the last seven digits).

Personally, I think it helps.  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:44 am
Kangit
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21

Well, it has more value because it's kind of a "conversion currency." You can alternate between which currency you prefer in your account settings, but I don't think you can have both at the same time. It's primarily just to cut back on the number of digits users have to deal with. 10,000,000 gold equals 1 platinum, so it mainly just chops the last seven digits off and calls it by a different name (it even seems to remember the specific gold amount you have even if it doesn't display the last seven digits).

I didn't have nearly 10,000,000 when I left, I'm sure of that, so they just gave me 500 platinum to start which suits me smile been enjoying the 'gold' shops having everything for 1p. I can finally afford a big house and a car. I never put much effort into making money here. It's a real start-over for me, but it's not like I lost anything  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:48 am
Elyarne
Kangit
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21
Elyarne
Princess Zelda21

I didn't have nearly 10,000,000 when I left, I'm sure of that, so they just gave me 500 platinum to start which suits me smile been enjoying the 'gold' shops having everything for 1p. I can finally afford a big house and a car. I never put much effort into making money here. It's a real start-over for me, but it's not like I lost anything

Pleased to meet you, and part of why 2016 went to $hit is pretty much because the Dark Lord Scholfield wasn't removed the way he should have been removed.
At least Lanzer got back and at least 2017 is less rancid.
Anyways, pleased to meet you.

Silverstar_Cross

🎭Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces