Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Inability (Didero + Amonee)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

longing for those lush green salad days

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:54 pm
Amonee Brycer was incredibly nervous. He was finally starting to get requests from trolls outside of his friend group. He had not heard the name Didero Salons before but that didn't dampen his excitement. Arriving at the other troll's hive, he clutched his supplies close to his chest. If this went well it meant he was another step closer to someday getting featured in one of those fashionable galleries littered throughout Civisect. If not, he knew his friends back at the cafe would have a warm mug and a pat on the back waiting for him.

"Hello, I'm here to do your portrait. It's lovely to meet youuUUUU?!" Amonee smiled pleasantly when Didero opened the door only to increase in pitch and volume at the sight of the other greenblood. There were a lot of factors behind this. One: Didero looked a lot like Lanres Ampane, the author of Wings Jade With Murder which Amonee had devoured and loved. Two: the troll was absolutely gorgeous and the closest face he had ever seen to the fabled golden ratio. Three: the green color decorating his clothing was incredibly close to the one Amonee himself sported. Was Lanr- erm, Didero Salons a jadeblood?!

"Oops, I'm so sorry, I got a bit excited." His cheeks flushed and he tried to stop from riling himself up further. He was here on a job and he had to complete it. That wouldn't stop him from mulling the idea over in his thinkpan though.

"Please forgive my outburst, it's just, you look a lot like... Lanres Ampane... You probably get that a lot, don't you?"

seekingCylem
let me know if i need to change anything! i realized last minute that didero has a pen name so i tried to write it as if amonee hasn't confirmed didero's identity.

Yamashii

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:11 pm
Didero swept up the main hall for easily the third time that night. He'd managed to sequester his lusus, and therefore the rest of the flock to the upper levels of the hive. Still, fluff and dander appeared to have become a central component of his hive's foundation. He did his best to beat back the mess with a broom. Ultimately it all went into a hall closet he'd deal with later. Nothing a guest would see. The hive was actually looking pretty good, all things considered. The narrow tower and dark wood fixtures looked rather gloomy most of the time. With some elbow grease and multiple canisters of wood polish, Didero found the outcome to be quite striking. Of course decor like this could always use a little more oomph. A personal touch, even.

Speaking of, Didero heard the echo of the doorbell. He tossed the broom into the closet with the dust and scampered off in the direction of the foyer. He paused only to make sure his blazer and scarf were straight and his hair appropriately tousled. If there were ever a night to look put together, this was it.

Didero finally opened the door to greet Amonee Brycer, the artist they'd hired to paint a portrait for his library. Didero's eyebrows raised in time with the pitch of Amonee's voice. He had a greeting on the tip of his tongue, but Amonee was already a step or several ahead of him.

Didero's confusion and nerves settled at the mention of Lanres Ampane. He laughed and stepped aside, gesturing Amonee into his hive. "As a matter of fact I do! Mostly at book signings, though. I'm surprised you could make much of anything from that grainy photo they put on the dust jacket." Didero's joking tone did nothing to convey the very real irritation he felt towards that ugly newspaper-quality photo tacked onto his "about the author" blurb. While the practical part of his mind recognized the protection is provided his identity, his vanity took issue with looking like a censored image of a cryptid.

"To that end, the bar for this evening is set quite low, haha! Not that I expect anything but fantastic work from you, Amonee. I've seen your work after all."

Didero led the way into the interior of the hive. The center-most room was the library, and Didero's office. It was a narrow three stories broken up by ladders and landings. Didero had hardly enough books to fill even half the available shelf space, but he was clearly making an effort. On the bottom floor was a wide wood desk and a couple armchairs on thick rugs. Didero turned on lights that hung down from the ceiling on long chains. The effect was cozy, if not a little melodramatic.

"I was thinking we could set up shop in this block? I'm afraid the rest of the room isn't quite set up for company... You're the artist though! What can I do to help?"

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 pm
It was incredible. Amonee marveled at the library, even if it was far from full. These kinds of things didn't exist on Busthind. He could never imagine a glamorous private library hidden away in someone's hive. Expensive handsome armchairs caught his eye on the bottom floor. It felt like something out of a movie he'd seen and he wondered if the glittering backdrops in the TV shows he watched were true. City living was honestly dripping with luxury.

"This will be perfect. I think one of those chairs would be the most impressive and the most comfortable!" He'd briefly considered asking Didero to sit behind the wide writer's desk but that would cover up half of his body in the portrait. Amonee wanted to capture as much of the other greenblood as he could on his canvas. He was just so beautiful you almost felt bad looking at him.

"Yes, right here. I'll set up my things while you arrange yourself comfortably. After that, I'll help pose you for the best shot." Amonee began to unpack his materials while Didero got settled. He doubted he would have to correct the other boy much. It seemed like he already knew how to carry himself to be the most presentable he could. Was it practiced or instinctual?

"So tell me a little about yourself. What got you into writing?" It was still kind of blowing his mind that it was Lanres Ampane- or Didero Salons?- sitting in front of him right now. He badly wanted to ask if Wings Jade With Murder was getting a sequel or not but that was probably too fanboy-ish to start off with, right? He'd have to ease into it somehow...

seekingCylem

Yamashii

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:34 pm
Didero did his best to hide his fidgeting as Amonee took in the room. It was easily the block in his hive he was most proud of. (He found most of it to be embarrassing to be honest. Thank you for that, Father.) Didero clapped his hands together at Amonee's approval.

"Wonderful!" Didero walked over to the chair Amonee indicated. He inspected the furniture as though he'd never sat down before. He continued to meticulously arrange himself as Amonee set up his work station. Didero knew he was pretty, but how could he prettiest? There was more of a science to this than he'd anticipated.

He was broken from his tense deliberation by Amonee's small talk. Calculations forgotten, Didero sat normally in his chair and tapped his lip thoughtfully. "I've always been interested in writing. Ever since I was small," Didero replied. He then looked genuinely thoughtful. He hadn't honestly considered the thought process that took him to writing. He simply found himself wanting to do things, and then he did them. "Books are just so lovely. They're dramatic and thrilling, but they're also so neat. They have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Every character and event has its purpose and place. Everything goes according to plan--the author's plan, that is. There's something so attractive about taking one's own life experiences and bringing order in the form of a narrative." Didero looked wistful for a moment. His attention then returned to Amonee.

"What about you, dear? What first interested you in painting?" Didero leaned forward in his seat, steepling his fingers under his chin in interest.

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff