Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[META-PRP] What's crackin' captain? (Trusci & Mahmud)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

disclaimer: no one here is actually the captain of anything

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:33 pm
    Trusci loved to network. Mostly, she liked to network with lowbloods, because dealing with highbloods was basically equivalent to deep throating soap for several hours, or at least it was in her experiences. That being said, of all the trolls she'd noticed among the volunteers, none of them stood out as recognizable. That bothered her. She needed more names under her belt, more faces she could spot at a glance, and more eyes she could trust on giving her adequate information.

There had been an orangeblood she spotted earlier in the night, before grumpy mc.redblood had stolen her attention away (which was fine, she didn't mind), but she still wanted to get back to the task at hand. Trusci was a predator. She could tell the weak from a glance, and those were the trolls she liked to deal with the most. Typically they were the easiest, and if they were lowblooded, then they were the easiest to form some sort of warm-hued solidarity with.

"Heeeeeeey buddy." She had absolutely no issues sidling over once she had a moment. She didn't say much else in addition, but her face was lit up in a grin and a playful eyebrow woggle.

Skyli Peep
OUO lmk if you need anything elseeeee

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:19 pm
        Mahmud hated to network, on the other hand. Oh no, no there was a certain level of anxiety that came with meeting new people. There was so much potential, sure, but was it really outweighed by the constant danger it could be? Throwing Peaches, JROTCs, weird guys with no eyeball (which, honestly, he still felt really bad about judging Engrav for that), there was no limit to the array of bizarre people he had fallen into meeting. Honestly most of them weren’t bad, it was just exhausting to police his actions all the damn time.

No, Mahmud would rather just be himself, and most of the time that required being by himself.

So at the moment, he had found a chair and pulled it aside to sit in and wait for further instructions. Boring, yes, but less stimulating than talking in big crowds, little crowds, individuals… you know. Talking. He had been calming down for a while now though, and was certainly feeling a bit better, even had gotten a couple of poems fixed up in his journal. Nice!

At the moment Trusci had sidled up to him, Mahmud was deep in thought about a good rhyme for “hangar door”. It’d be easy to rhyme with just door, but not very skillful. But with the word “hangar” it added a new dimension that needed to possibly be slant-rhymed and OH GOG THERE WAS ANOTHER FREAKING TROLL NEXT TO HIM.

”A-Ack!” he eeped, jumping in his seat a little bit and looking to his side. Who the hell was calling him “buddy”?! Did he even know this troll? No, no he didn’t so how were they buddies… For a moment he sat there all awkwardly posed, just staring at Trusci wiggling her brows and then… he instantly relaxed and started to laugh. ”D-do you greet everyone with wiggle brows?” he couldn’t help but tease. S-she was just wiggling them! ”Are you trying to sell me something or something?” he chimed.

For all the stress of the day so far, at least this troll managed to make him laugh. That was something.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:41 pm
    "Sell you something? You take most trolls comin' up to you for hive-to-hive salesmen?" But she laughed too. Laughing was easy, contagious, and good for lightening a mood. "Anyway, what's it too ya' who I'm greetin' with what and how? I just figured if we're all gettin' crammed into spaceships together, I should light a fire under my a** and make some friends. Or at least acquaintances. More fun that way, am I right?"

She was grinning, cheeky still, "Trusci Modsat, nice to meet'cha friend-o. What'cha writing in there?" Her eyes zoomed over to the journal. She liked to write, albeit in the name of journalism. Birds of a feather flocked together, maybe? Maybe? She didn't take him for a writer, but never judge a book by its cover, she supposed...

Skyli Peep

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 pm
        Was it more fun that way? … yeah it kinda was, she did have a good point. ”I guess so… makes the long nights a little more manageable.” No lies, her friendliness was infectious. Mahmud couldn’t help but keep smiling that goofy grin of his and slowly tap his foot.

”Mahmud Seshat. Nice to meet you too.”

From there he noticed her gaze and quickly tucked the journal closer to his chest, cheeks darkening. ”Oh! Uh…” Nervously, he scratched at his cheek a bit, and that grin of his became sheepish. ”Its just… poetry. That’s all. Slam Poetry.” After he uttered those words he instantly regretted it. God, that sounded so dorky. “Hi this is my diary full of slam poetry, I use it to get my feelings out”. Which granted, was exactly what it was but… yeah. Hoping to change the subject, Mahmud quickly added ”You know, just stuff… what about you? Got anything to kill your time with you?” It sure was better asking questions, deflecting, making a troll talk about themselves. Meant he had to talk a lot less about himself.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 am
    "Oh really?" Poetry huh? That wasn't bad. Somewhere along the lines of their conversation Trusci had taken a seat herself, and her elbow relaxed nonchalantly on the table. "I didn't take a whole lot with me. I'm more of a talk-and-gawk kinda troll, y'know?" If their conversation was anything to go by.

"But writing? That's pretty neat." She sounded genuine, "I always had these big ol' dreams as a wriggler to become a journalist. Not really poetry, but I understand the love of the craft. It's all got roots in weavin' words together." Making sentences flow, pleasant to read, pleasant to hear, whatever. Mahmud wasn't really a bad guy. "You ought'a let me take a look sometime, Slams."

Skyli Peep
nickname acquired

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:08 pm
        "A journalist..." the thought sort of tickled Mahmud's fancy. Not for himself, rather, but for his companion. So far what she seemed to be was amicable, and quick-witted. Perfect for journalism. You should. You've got a great interviewing personality, I think." Was that what it was even called? At the risk of embarrassing himself again, Mahmud took that chance to compliment her. "And I know right? Just being able to flow and make something work and build something out of no-- wait." Blinking, Mahmud just... paused before stammering out "S-slams?"

Slams... what a funny nickname to give him. Tons better than the thousands of times he got called "mud" thats for sure. The thought of it put a grin on his face. "If I'm 'Slams', y'all gotta be "Slick" cuz' you really know how to make a troll feel good." Slick and Slams, something was hilarious about the thought of those nicknames. For a little bit he was occupied thinking about it, then realized... " Oh! Uh..." His cheeks went dark, and quickly he pulled his notebook into view. "Only if you wanna I guess... It's got my older, crappy stuff in there. Ya know, stuff you come up with on the fly." He held it out to Trusci, a little flushed still. Thankfully his more rebellious stuff was left at home (even MAHMUD was smart enough to not bring it somewhere crawling with military), but the results were... well... pretty out there...

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:27 pm
    "Slick?" That was the first time anyone had actually given her a nickname back, and for a second her face was blank, and then she practically cackled with delight. "Ain't you a charmer! I tell you, I really like you Slams." And she did; he'd pleasantly surprised her. Guy was awkward, but funny.

Her fingertips had found the journal while she bantered, and she only just now looked down at the contents. The doodles were pretty funny, but they provided some interesting information. Austri, whoever they were, seemed like a b***h. Stars over there was apparently a hilarious puppy-crush, Poe's image apparently was difficult to capture...

"Nah, I get it. If you have the inspiration, you gotta capitalize on that." She carried around a pocket notebook for much the same reason, "These doodles of your buds? Sorry! I swear I'm readin' the words too." She laughed again.

Skyli Peep

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 am
        ”Mmm…” his little noise must have been some sort of agreement, because he gave a nod and a goofy grin. ”Gotta take advantage of it whenever you can, even if it’s dumb it can be fixed up later. It was a sentiment that he normally didn’t take up, but when it came to slam poetry well… it was adapt or die.

And speaking of ‘die’, at the mention of his doodles Mahmud’s face went from delight to mortified horror. ”Doodles oh gog uh…” Immediately, he whipped his head so he couldn’t see Trusci, instead now nervously looking around. Ya know, as if they were trying to keep a national treasure from public eye. ”Shoot you must be in and older part of the notebook uh…” Mahmud’s cheeks were stained dark by the time he actually looked her in the eye again. ”Ommy draws, and she encouraged me to try but I’m not very good and uh…” Slowly he peeked over ‘Slick’’s shoulder and pointed at the little hearted doodle of Polair. ”That’s so not a thing anymore.”

Eager to change the subject, Mahmud quickly added in ”So uh… you say you do journalism right? You ever got published or anything? Even small-time?” Get off of that! ”Like, will you be writing about the program we’re doing or something?”

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:07 pm
    "Got'cha huh?" She found it amusing how Mahmud got all flustered, maybe she hit a chord. So not a thing anymore? She looked down at the doodles again as she flipped through the pages, although she wasn't really reading them at this point. "You don't gotta sweat it Slams." It was just a question, but she was willing to let it slide... for now.

"Well, I wanna do journalism." She clarified, "I have a couple pen names I work under, but I haven't done anything real big yet. I'm waiting for that massive, tantalizing scoop y'know? Thought maybe this would be as good a place as any to start." Sure would be a shame if there was some ancient, dark secrets she'd stumble upon. Or some crazy accident that the military tried to cover up. Or anything. really. "I'm not exactly about painting the prettiest pictures out there. Someone's gotta get their hands dirty, y'know?" She winked.

Skyli Peep

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:16 am
        ”Makes sense.” Mahmud supposed it had to be hard for a journalist, especially if they were waiting for their big scoop. Sure, writing slam poetry was tough, building structures was harder, but trying to find the truth of things? Hardest. ”To be honest I think you’re in the right place for a scoop… like…” For a moment he was talking with his hands, making indescribable little motions with them as he tried to parse together what to say. ”I can’t…”

“I think something is bound to happen. Call it gut instinct or something but… there’s gotta be something, right?”

Finally he noticed what he was doing with his hands, crossed them, and stuffed them under his arms as he crossed them. ”Its space. The final frontier. If you don’t find something interesting out of that to write about… Man I don’t even know.” Mahmud’s lips curled into a smile at the mention of that. ”But I’ll keep an eye and ear out for you. If there’s something that seems pretty interesting, I can tell you about it. Who knows, it may be useful.” Okay so maybe he shouldn’t be promising every Tohmme, Dikque, and Harrie about things but… Slick seemed like a chill troll. There’s worse to tell info to.

”Call it corny but… if it’ll help you get your dreams... I wanna help, ya know?”

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:37 am
    "Aw Slams, you're a sweetheart." She meant it too; Mahmud was nice, something that was unfortunately a flaw in their society, because being nice meant easy manipulation. She'd seen it happen to other lowbloods; that need to please, wanting to slide under the radar, nothing to see here, nothing hostile going on. She snorted at her own thought process.

"But I feel the same way." She closed the book, "The military ain't ever been keen on letting the civvies know what's up, and here they are making us sign all this legal s**t, promising to stay quiet, whatever. It's real sketchy, y'know? But..."

The book was slid back over, "I appreciate the extra set of eyes 'n ears. Who knows, maybe we'll be stationed together. Got each other's backs 'ntill we're back where we belong, right?" Her foot tapped on the ground. "I swear I'll keep you anonymous. It'd be bad journalism not to."

Skyli Peep

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:47 am
OH MY GOD VOID THIS IM SO DUMB  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 am
        "Come on... I ain't that sweet" His tone was a little bashful, but the grin on his face was a sure sign Mahmud was pleased by this."And yeah... honestly I feel the same. Its... mmm. Lots of opinions on that."
        Though he felt safe with Trusci at this point, there was no way he was gonna be dumb enough to voice his feelings aloud. "Sketchy's one way of looking at it...

... and gog I hope so. It'd be pretty freaking sweet if we got to be stationed together."
        And that was the honest truth. He'd love it if they got to hang out again sometime. Before he had been hesitant to even talk to her. Now they were calling each other by nicknames? Pretty fast progression of friendship, if you asked him. That was okay though. This was what networking was supposed to be, right? Gog he hated networking, but at least he got "Slick" out of it.

"Deal. And I'll make sure that you get the exclusive scoop on my end." Well, semi-exclusive. Exclusive to journalists, but if one of his friends asked questions well... they'd get answers. "Any little bit."

He spent quite some time with Trusci just shooting the s**t it seems, but for once it didn't feel forced for Mahmud. Genuinely, he was glad to have met her. Would they meet again? Would they ever get to work together on a ship? Who knew. At that moment though, it was fun to talk and chat about futures that could be with a newfound pal.

Slick and Slams... what could the future hold in store for them?

Melancholies
CORNIEST ENDING EVER BUT ITS DONE BOOM

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash