Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Tune Up (Deimos + Cerpin) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i got this feeling inside my bones
it goes electric, wavey when i turn it on

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:24 am
Things were looking up for Cerpin. After a period of low productivity, depression and emotional instability, the purpleblood was back on top of things with his right hand woman at his side. Things with Tevini were still shaky but they were manageable. Life was doing pretty good again for the most part. So he had decided to celebrate the best way he could: karaoke.

In true Cerpin Sugall fashion, however, he waited until the last minute to remember to invite anyone along. And the only person who could make it? His moody tealblooded friend Deimos Somnus. Somehow, the insomniac wasn't exactly what you imagined for this kind of event but it didn't matter. The rockstar was used to dragging people around at his pace and he'd found time and time again that Deimos was especially entertaining to harass. Cerpin left instructions via phone for the other boy to meet him in a dusty little place in Chittentown that offered private rooms to sing in.

"Check check, test." He'd arrived early to pay for the room and claim the microphone. Cerpin spoke into it as if performing an actual sound test to get pumped up and ready for this. Tonight, he was going to sing his heart out and leave the rest of the world outside for a few hours! It was good to do this every so often and forget about all the heavy responsibilities to really let loose and recharge.

nepsah

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 am

He didn't exactly have anything better to do, which was the reason he'd accepted the invitation. And was what he repeatedly told himself as he'd made his way to Chittentown. Nothing better to do. Nothing better to do. What was the harm in doing some karaoke? Never mind that he'd never done it before and honestly didn't even know if he could. But it wasn't a competition, was it? Just... some quality time. With a friend. A friend? He still wasn't sure what Cerpin was - just a means to an end? Either way, a means to an end could be useful for more than just one particular end and Deimos had learned quite painfully that having zero real connections to anyone did him no good.

It took him a while to find the place in question, he'd only been to Chittentown once to stare at the space ladder from a frustrating distance. As luck would have it, he found the building and then the room right as Cerpin was checking the mic. His hand hesitated at the door - it wasn't too late to back out, was it? Claim something came up last minute..? No- no, that would be running away. Reminding himself one more time that he had nothing better to do, he pushed the door open and moseyed on in an attempt to look totally at ease. He was not at ease. "Do you even need a microphone? You're pretty loud on your own." He quirked a brow at the purpleblood, unable to resist starting off with some snarky remark.

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 pm
"Okay, nuh uh, you go the rest of the night without sassing me, young man." Cerpin patted the top of Deimos's head roughly but affectionately as the grump entered the room. "Or if you want to sass, you have to sing it. Your choice." He honestly didn't really mind the insults or pokes from Deimos but it would be fun to see if he could do this challenge even for five minutes. By now, he was used to the tealblood just being eternally sour.

"Remember, we're here to have a good time. Try to have a little fun, dork." He flipped through the selection of songs listed in a booklet. The place was not architecturally or technologically up to date but it seemed they did keep their music library reasonably modern. Impressive. There was a menu of cheap snacks and drinks available on a small table as well.

"Should we kick it off with a duet? What kind of stuff can you sing?"

nepsah

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Deimos rolled his eyes, lightly batting away Cerpin's hand from his head. "That's manageable, if you're going to abide by the same rules." He shifted around to look at what Cerpin was messing with, eyes squinting at the light. "But what if my fun is sassing you? What if that's the only thing that brings joy to my shriveled up little biscuit?" That shouldn't count as sassing him. Not yet... right?

"I don't know. I haven't really tried before. Not really anyway. The lyrics show up here, right?" He tapped at the screen, careful not to actually pick anything on display. "I don't think I can sing very high or very low though." Admittedly he had tried to do low songs in the past - the vibrations of low sounds were pleasing and he'd wanted to replicate them with his voice but alas... he wasn't able to. "You got a favorite song?"

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:22 am
"I'm a musician. I got a billion favorite songs." Cerpin snorted at the idea of picking just one. Deimos awkwardly looked at the display and it was almost pitiful to watch. Fine, he'd step in to salvage things. The purpleblood searched for a minute or two before the image on the screen began to flicker. He'd selected the perfect song to force Deimos to sing.

"Remember, we're singing it together." The smirk on his face would not do anything to reassure his tealblooded companion that this would be enjoyable. An instrumental lead in began and the lyrics popped up on screen for the two of them to read. Cerpin put down everything but the microphone and began to sing, bobbing his head along to the beat in a silly manner.

"Girl, to be with you is my favorite thing... and I can't wait til I see you again~" The point of this song was clearly to goof off and embarrass Deimos by being as obnoxious as possible. "I want to put on my my my my my boogie shoes!" He shifted his shoulders from side to side to the beat and grabbed at Deimos's wrist if he tried to leave. Obviously, the karaoke performance was going to involve an expected level of dancing as well.

"Come on, you can sing louder than that!" Teasing the kid was just too fun.

nepsah

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:27 am

"Really? I could've pinned you for something else." He was about to say something like "pseudo-astronaut" or "wannabe prince" but changed his sentence at the last minute when he remembered Cerpin's earlier dare. Oh no, he wasn't about to break that. He regretted asking Cerpin to pick the first song (even if it was round about) the moment the music started. Of course he'd pick something obnoxious. Dei was pretty sure he'd never heard this song in his life!

"Right, I remember." He narrowed his eyes, mouth forming a thin frown as he waited for the lyrics to pop up. Ugh, as expected... annoying. The horn instruments hurt his ears, but he wasn't about to tell Cerpin that. He was going to slide off to the side at the least but was easily caught by Cerpin's hand. Sighing loudly - clearly just to show his reluctance - he stiffly mimicked some of the shoulder movement Cerpin had started up. Dancing felt so... foreign and weird, especially in front of another person. Trying to ignore his rising discomfort, he forced himself to stare at the screen as the next lines popped up on screen. "I want to do it 'til the sun comes up," Do what? Do what?? Boogie??? He glanced over at Cerpin, well aware that his own performance was a little off key but he'd blame it on not knowing the song. "I want to do it 'til I can't get enough- that makes no sense, Cerpin." He couldn't help but comment on the lyrics at that point.

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:09 pm
"It doesn't have to!" Cerpin laughed, delighted by the fact that Deimos was actually trying. It only encouraged the purpleblood to take things further. He used a foot to sweep the stuff on the table onto the floor and climb on up with a twinkle in his eyes. Extending a hand to Deimos, it was clear the tealblood was to follow his lead.

When he didn't, Cerpin crooked his finger at the other boy in command.

When that didn't work, a forceful hand dragged Deimos up with him.

"Dance break! Come on!" It was an older song with an instrumental part in the middle that was perfect to jam to. Cerpin was more of a modern guy but he still knew enough basic dance moves to boogie it old school. He put his hands in the air and let his hips and knees do the work, feet kicking and tapping. Cerpin gave Deimos a twirl and continued rocking out as long as the song went on!

"Just to boogie with you!"

nepsah
dei can pick a new song in your post! : 3

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Being that he was more focused on the screen than Cerpin's antics, he didn't even notice that he was clearing things off the table until he was already up on it and motioning to him to join. Oh hell no. Would that table even support the two of them? He shook his head the first time. Then the second time... annnnd then found himself being pulled up anyway. "I don't dance!" Despite his best efforts he sounded a little... worried. Panicked? Something- though he ended up trying to mimic Cerpin's movements much to his own embarrassment. The heat in his face likely meant it was turning a nice shade of teal by the second.

Not that he had much time to think about it- Cerpin ended up easing him into a twirl that nearly threw him off balance. His unoccupied hand flew out to the side as he tried to regain stability, somehow managing to keep up with the lyrics anyway. "You're gonna break the table." He hopped off (wincing when he landed) as soon as the song ended and then made his way over to the screen. His turn...He'd pick something easier to sing, but... with a nice beat. "You should like this one." The reason Dei liked it would be obvious soon enough... outside of the feeling the music gave him, anyway.

"It's late and I'm awake, starin' at the wall, open up my window, head falls out the door..." Despite his previous insistence that he didn't dance, he began to bob his head a little and shift side to side slightly. "No one else around, and a shimmer takes my eye. I lift my head, blinded by the sky." He looked to Cerpin, expecting him to take up the next part.

Yamashii
memes all over this rp...............

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 pm
Cerpin nodded his head to the beat as the electronic music pulsed and Deimos sang. It was a pretty easy tune to sing with a nice groove to it. He joined in the relaxed tempo of the lyrics.

"I know what is more to come, jump back to my feet, now I only see ahead of me, chasing down the street..." He pointed to his counterpart to sing the echo with him, trading off the words (down the street, down the street, down the street). It was so silly to see the normally grumpy and sassy tealblood singing, let along dancing, and Cerpin let out a genuine laugh of joy. He got out of his seat, strutted towards the door to play with the light switch as the chorus arrived.

"Give my love to a shooting star! But she moves so fast that I can't keep up! I'm chasing-" He wasn't able to turn it off and on fast enough to achieve a strobe light effect but it didn't matter. As soon as the lights went out, familiar glowing spiked bracelets flew at Deimos straight out of Cerpin's pockets. He was going to make this party a night to remember!

"Show me your best moves!"

nepsah
haha nice choice!

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 am

Oh god, the lights. Despite himself he actually laughed, messing up whatever line he was suppose to be singing. When was the last time he laughed so hard? He didn't really have a reason for it- the timing was just too perfect and Cerpin desperately flipping the lights on and off to mimic a strobe effect was just a little too much to handle. Somehow he managed to catch the bracelet and twirled it around one finger as he tried to pick up with the song. "I'm in love with a shooting star, but she moves so fast, if she falls then I'll be waiting!"

"One bracelet isn't a lot to show moves with, Cerpin." As if he even had any moves to show. Really. He continued to sing along with the lyrics as they repeated, and sort of... bob walked... around the area in time with the beat. He wasn't used to moving like this but with the lights off it wasn't exactly easy to see what was going on so he felt a little more comfortable loosening up. He was... actually having fun?

Yamashii
; DD hehehe feel free to pick a new song !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 am
"Aah, that was great. Nice job even if you're a crazy dancer." Cerpin cracked up, teasing the tealblood. Deimos wasn't the worst he'd ever seen but he definitely wasn't the best. The music ended and he paused combing through the choices. Maybe it'd be good to order a little food to go with their party.

"I'm hungry. We're gonna get some stuff." He opened up a menu and flipped through it. What would Deimos even like? Cerpin frowned as he realized he didn't really know that much about Deimos's interests or preferences outside of 'space', 'stars' and 'Perore'. He passed the menu to the other boy.

"Pick out your favorites. I'm curious what kind of stuff you like." He leaned forward, resting an elbow on his knee and his chin in his hand. Cerpin had asked Deimos to join him tonight to have a good time but maybe it'd also be a good chance to learn more about who he was inviting on to the crew. If they were going to be stuck in a spaceship together for periods of time, it would be best to ensure they were compatible in their values, temperaments and tastes.

As in, Deimos had better order some ******** curly fries.

nepsah
will resume songs soon, just thought a short interlude would be nice

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 am

"I don't usually dance so its not like I practiced." He replied with a slight roll of his eyes. Right, he was trying not to sass too much. It was turning out to be a lot harder than he'd thought it would be. He made his way back over to Cerpin, coming to look at the screen over his shoulder. "You can order food here?" He furrowed his brows at the thought of it - then again if people were eating they'd... use the room longer.

"If you insist." The raised tone at the end of his statement probably indicated that he'd pick something stupidly expensive just because he could... but he resisted the urge - not that there was really anything particularly expensive on the menu. Scrolling through, his eyes flickered around the screen to carefully examine any pictures that were present and thoroughly read through ingredients. "Y'know if you wanted to know that stuff you could just ask. S'not like I hide things." He shrugged, then selected a few items... all of which were fairly average. Cluckbeast strips, some grilled cheese bites (with added bacon), and he hesitated over the fries - "They have like, five different fry types are you ordering your own or are you makin' me select for both of us? I'll eat any a this except the chili kind." He made a face at the idea. Gross. Grosssss.

Yamashii
sounds good~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm
"I know, that's why I'm telling you to order stuff, Deimos." Cerpin shook his head at the tealblood's teasing and relaxed back against his seat. It was funny to hear the other boy grumble about how he didn't hide anything. Sure, that might be true, but he also wasn't exactly forthcoming with information about himself. Which was why they were here now.

"I've already picked out what I'm getting." He tapped a finger on an expensive steak item on the menu. He could certainly afford it even if it was a little excessive for a simple karaoke outing. Cerpin was still used to luxuries like these even if he was trying to keep his highblood privilege in check. Some habits were too difficult to erase.

"So, now that you're a bit bigger, have you confessed yet?" The confused look on Deimos's face was worth it. "Your incredibly huge crush on Perore?" It'd been a while since he'd heard any updates on that front. Were the two tealbloods still talking? Or had the truth come out and driven a wedge between them?

nepsah

Yamashii

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm

"Right, right." He tapped the selection for some regular fries, then made his way over to a bench to flop down and make himself comfortable. Much better... This way he was able to pull his right leg up to fold over his left leg, effectively taking all weight off of his prosthetic foot. "What are you gettin' anyway? Seemed like most a their stuff was more... greasy 'n fast than somethin' i figure a highblood might have a taste for." Normally he wasn't one to get into topics surrounding blood caste but... Cerpin was probably a safe troll to delve into it around.

His question did earn a very confused look at first- eyes narrowed, lips pursed as he tried to figure out what it was he had to confess. The follow up question earned a sputter, and a frantic wave of a hand. "What in the name-- what--" He was at a loss for words. Crush? On PERORE? Or, well, Forera-- god he was still getting used to that. "That's ridiculous Cerpin, she's like, a teacher and a good friend, what the hell." He huffed, indignant at the very thought of it. Crush. He very clearly had a healthy admiration for the older tealblood, that was that. If he really knew anything else about Cerpin's friends he'd make a jab back but- the reality was that he didn't know much at all and was... left without any ammunition. Great. "I dunno where you even got that idea."

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces