[META-BATT] Second Impressions (Sarcel & Flydra) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Think of it as a test

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:54 pm
    Sarcel knew a lot about Lorata, and she'd met with Austri a time or two, and she was very familiar with Scorpa, but the last of the Siren's had eluded her up until now. Flydra had been, at first impression, a very capable soldier. She had traits that were a little less common, but so so so important—medical know how, a knack for the sciences—and she had no real doubt that Scorpa's moirail was a competent troll.

She just didn't know where on that scale of competence to place her just yet.

And it wasn't that she was unsure of the tealblood's capabilities, she just wondered about her battle field prowess. A medic was indispensable in the field, but ultimately a liability if they still couldn't defend their own self. Flydra's mechanical arm hadn't gone unnoticed either. Some treated scars and amputations as mistakes, others as a sign of their tenacity. Which was Flydra?

Sarcel had requested to meet her alone in the large, neat space of her new office. At her desk she sipped a warm drink out of a very familiar mug. She wasn't in a rush. Her message had been requested at 'her earliest convenience'.

So she waited and watched the door.

Yamashii

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 pm
It had come as a surprise to receive Sarcel Cincel's message. Flydra had read it over a few times nervously. She admired the stories she had heard from her friends about the strong blueblood but she had never met the troll on her own before. The tealblood knew she was the quietest and coldest of the group as compared to her friends. Meanwhile Sarcel was tough, smart, strong and perfect. She was everything that the sirens looked up to.

... would Sarcel like her? Well, only one way to find out.

"Good evening, Lieutenant, I came as soon as I got your message." She knocked two times on the door of the office before entering. Her biscuit swelled at the sight of the mug with a little steam rising out of it.

"Reporting for duty, sir." She gave Sarcel a proper military salute. She was a bit more rule-oriented than her rowdier companions.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm
    "At ease, soldier." Still, the respect made Sarcel smile. Flydra definitely fit in with her friends; this was a good thing. Remarkable. Actually, Sarcel could tell that, compared to Scorpa and Austri, she was much more composed. "There was a problem I noticed when you and your friends stopped by earlier—" she took a pointed sip of the mug, "—I'm pretty acquainted with everyone except for well, you."

It seemed like a disservice, really. Sarcel wasn't the most chummy troll, but Flydra and the rest of the Sirens were trolls that she wanted to keep her eye on. Sarce was also rather humble, and the respect that the group gave her did not go unnoticed.

"I've heard that your skill set is far different from your peers. A doctor?" She sounded inquisitive, the mug softly landing on her desk with a warm, heavy sound.

Yamashii

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:03 pm
Her eyes lit up at the chance to talk medicine.

"Yes, I have been studying since I was a wiggler. I run the Happy Harbor Clinic out of my hive in Civisect. It helps me practice and... research..." Flydra's cheeks flushed with pride at her professional accomplishments. It felt like she was bragging to Sarcel to discuss them but the blueblood honestly was someone she wanted to impress. Why pretend to lack confidence?

"But those are not my only skills. I have trained under Kursha Vidari to improve my aim with," She pulled a fistful of syringe darts out of her bag, crammed between her fingers like claws, "these. I find it easier to fight from a distance." The doctor knew it wasn't quite as fierce as punching people with air or cutting them down with a sword but hopefully Sarcel would still find it acceptable. Sarcel did not judge people unfairly from what she had heard.

"The others told me that they learned a lot from you though." Her half lidded eyes looked at Sarcel's own with a small glint of hope in them. It was far too early for her to consider challenging the blueblood to a fight, she was barely a fledgling in the military structure, but oh how she wanted to learn.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 pm
    Sarcel was leaned forward on her desk, intently engrossed in Flydra's words. If there was one pet peeve she acquired growing up, it was that she hated being ignored, or glossed over, or shrugged off. She made it a point to make others feel like they were really being considered. It went a long way.

"Vidari, eh?" Her eyes narrowed slightly, somewhat dubious, as she looked to the syringes. It made sense though; Kursha's abilities as a marksmen were impressive, if she had to compliment the greenblood. "It's definitely more practical to fire those as a distance, I'd have to agree." Did she fill them with anything special? Poisons? It'd make sense.

"I'm glad. You know what, though?" She set her hands down on her desk as she stood. She wasn't very magnificent in height, but she made up for it with her stature. She held herself tall, proud, strong. "Learning from a hands on experience is absolutely invaluable. I'm sure you can agree as a doctor." She smiled a little at this, "You learn so much more about a troll too, when you spar. A lot of personality reflects in your combat skill; how fluid your movements are, or how precise. Having an expansive knowledge of anatomy probably serves you well in a fight, so long as you can train your body to keep up with your mind."

"Why don't you show me what's in those darts?"

Yamashii

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:43 pm
Quote:
HP: 20/20
Damage: 5+1 = 6
Military Grade Weapon

"With pleasure." Flydra whispered in response, overjoyed at the permission. She instantly took some steps backwards to put some distance between them. Sarcel might be armed with a gun but the tealblood could at least avoid getting punched in the face. Throwing her darts at the lieutenant's legs, she hoped to hit at least once. The numbing agent in them would make it harder for her opponent to walk normally. Slowing Sarcel down was her strategy.

"The effects are only temporary. I do not intend to harm you permanently." She stated coolly, keeping an eye on the blueblood's movements. It was one of her favorite ways to hunt. Taking someone down by impairing them rather than outright slaughter. Perhaps somewhat inhumane but... it was fascinating to watch.

Melancholies

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:46 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 6 damage!

Sarcel actually let the darts hit her without much fanfare. See, she was legitimately interested in seeing what was inside of the darts. In her ever growing pursuit of wanting to become stronger, needing to become the best soldier for the Queen, Sarcel had devoted a significant chunk of time towards crazy training regimes. Flydra, in this instance, might have something very valuable to offer her. Her legs stung, the effects seeping in almost immediately.

But not immediate enough.

She ripped the darts out with reckless abandonment. "I'd hope so. Wouldn't look good on your record for incapacitating a fellow Lieutenant." Her footsteps were notably more heavy. This was just the sort of endurance training she felt she could use.

"Show me what else you got!" It would be another second before the analgesic really kicked in, and she intended to use that window of opportunity to rush her with a punch. Hopefully Flydra knew she wasn't going to hold back. On a more thankful note for the tealblood, her ballistic fist was notably empty, any hit to the pressure point on her fist made an empty click as the chamber tried to cycle itself through. Unfortunately, it was still a piece of metal, and it made the punches hurt regardless. Like, more than the normal punch probably would have already.

Quote:
    HP: 34/40
    Adult: +1 to damage rolls
    Invisibility (Novice Agi B): 1/1
    Adept Artifact Defense Style A (Swhings): 4/4

yamashii
COME AT ME AAAAAAAAAA

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 am
Quote:
HP: 14/20
Damage: 5+1 = 6
Military Grade Weapon

Sarcel's punch hit Flydra full force and she was knocked back like a rag doll, letting out a hiss of pain. There was a noticeable bruise forming on Flydra's flesh arm. The doctor had never been very sturdy and lacked many defensive capabilities. The best she could do in this case was try to block any further hits from that problematic gunfist with her prosthetic. It would damage her arm to take too many bearings but she could always replace it.

"I won't hold back." She murmured in response to the blueblood's command. Lurching forward, she grabbed at the woman's throat, missing a few times due to Sarcel's speed but eventually getting close enough to trigger her prosthetic darts into stabbing from her fingertips at the soft fleshy throat of her lieutenant.

This time, the name of the game was vertigo. Just a small p***k of poison to see if their beloved blueblood could fight when the room was spinning.

Melancholies

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:33 am
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 7 damage!

It would become clear to anyone fighting that Sarce was taking the hits on purpose. Mostly. The fact Flydra was going at her neck had her a little concerned because there were some important veins there, but she supposed the perks of fighting a doctor meant that they probably wouldn't let her die. Probably. Y'know, if something terrible went awry.

Which, Sarcel was pretty sure she wasn't in immanent danger of death, but it sort of felt like it with the way her room started to spin. Would she be a mess by the end of this? More than likely. Did that matter to her in the moment? Not so much. Being pumped with unknown drugs and poisons had never been so exciting.

"Not... bad..." The effects were clearly altering her judgement, her ability to gauge the situation. It made her adrenaline kick in. It made her feel alive in the worst way. Her hand shot out to grab the metallic wrist of Flydra's prosthetic, "Got anything... fancy in here..?" Her speech started to slur a little bit with effort.

She didn't want to maim the tealblood too badly. Her name of the game was survival through stamina. It'd either be her willpower or the potency of the poisons.

Quote:
    HP: 28/40

yamashii

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:12 pm
Quote:
HP: 7/20
Damage: 0
Military Grade Weapon

"N-ngh- let go-" Flydra grunted and struggled against Sarcel's grip on her arm. The blueblood had figured out the most effective way to deal with the doctor was to move in close and limit the abilities of the prosthetic. It was a major weakness for the tealblood and she was so embarrassed that her superior had figured it out so quickly. Tugging and pulling herself away didn't work so she did the only option she had left.

There was an audible click followed by a hiss. The prosthetic detached and stayed limp in Sarcel's grasp.

"Take that!" She used her remaining arm to draw a set of needles from her bag and threw them at her opponent. Unfortunately, her aim was off and she backed away weakly, still feeling the effects from the punch from earlier.

Melancholies

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:08 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 3 damage!

Sarcel held the limp arm in her grasp. Prosthetic limbs were seen as enhancements by some, troubling by others. She supposed it all depended on where you ranked in the world, how many beetles you had to throw at technology, how far you were willing to go. The shwing clips at her shoes crackled--Sarcel didn't believe in physical augmentation, and she hoped there'd never be a day where she'd be forced to use it.

But that didn't take away from the trolls that did need it, whatever fate Flydra had fallen was obviously harrowing if it cost her an arm.

Now Sarcel was standing there, syringes flying around her. There was something... weird in her eyes, strange, disorientated. She felt sluggish, but she felt alive too. The world was spinning and her adrenaline was trying valiantly to fight off whatever effects the poisons were having in her bloodstream. It wasn't really helping in the end; her joints felt stiff and locked, her legs were heavy, she felt like she was moving through some sort of malleable substance.

The arm dropped to the floor. "You're aim's... It's..." She laughed a little bit, the sound of her voice forced and full of effort, her steps showing it too, her sentences becoming hard to form in her head, "Dromen, I'm the one who's... who's drugged, aren't I? Hit me, I know you can."

Quote:
    HP: 28/40

yamashii

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 am
Quote:
HP: 4/20
Damage: 3+1 = 4
Military Grade Weapon

In ranged combat, sometimes you hit and sometimes you missed. Flydra grit her teeth and reminded herself of this fact as Sarcel taunted her. She had to stay calm to get her focus back. Getting riled up would only make her aim deteriorate further.

"Just you wait-" She hissed quietly and reloaded with a new round of syringes. Drugs weren't the only thing these needles could do. She backed away from her opponent while trying to line up a shot. Finally she saw and opening. The needles flew and pinned Sarcel's pants to the floor just long enough for Flydra to rush at her, stabbing forward with a large scary needle.

"Let's see how you handle nausea." If the blueblood threw up, it'd be gross but just another day for Dr. Dromen.

Melancholies

Melancholies rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 4, 2 Total: 13 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 3 damage!

The second the needle pierced through Sarcel's skin, her eyes went wide. Flydra would see it for a moment; something like a crazed animal, or maybe a cornered one, as her body fought with number of poisons floating around her bloodstream. Even if she was sustaining herself in the moment, she wondered about the long term repercussions. Well...

Either she'd combat them, or she wouldn't.

A moment later, and she was gone.

"I appreciate your tenacity." The voice, still slurred, still wavering, came from behind the tealblood as she knocked her arm into Flydra's back. Still, the poison was definitely having some effect on her, what with how her invisibility slowly wavered back in odd patches, her stance wobbly like a drunk. Her room was spinning, her mouth too dry...

She'd commend Flydra's other efforts, but she kept her mouth shut. God dammit she didn't want to hurl in her office it was new.

Quote:
    HP: 24/40
    Invisibility (Novice Agi B): 0/1 USING

yamashii

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:50 pm
Quote:
HP: 1/20
Damage: 2+1 = 3
Military Grade Weapon

"Gck-" Flydra fell forward to her hands and knees as Sarcel smashed an arm into her back. The pain was initially awful but a quick injection from one of her own needles sent a mild painkiller through her body. It would not help heal anything but it helped keep the pain at bay so it wouldn't distract her. She'd certainly feel this badly once it wore off though.

"You're too strong." The tealblood grumbled, both respecting Sarcel and unhappy to be on this end of the punches. She rolled to the side to avoid any further direct hits. Now that she knew Sarcel wasn't actually going to shoot her up with that gun mounted on her fist, she could take advantage of putting some distance between them. She didn't have a lot of juice left in her so she had to make these last few seconds count.

Throwing another set of darts at Sarcel, these ones didn't have any meds in them but if they hit true, they would stab into her joints and be a huge pain to move.

Melancholies

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces