Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[META PRP] Milk and Tea (Keionx and Rastin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Are you ready to be a hero?

Bouquet of Diamonds

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:53 am
Keionx Rutace

Keionx had volunteered for hunt patrol again, stalking through the forest intently. Finally, she found what she'd been hoping to find - a troll, a purpleblood clad in a robe.

She recognized him, despite his disguise from the last time they'd met. He'd hid his symbol and face, but his cloak and stance and color were still very apparent. She'd stayed hidden, following him as he returned to his hive (presumably with gathered items, but she hadn't seen anything.) She'd been careful - she didn't want to be detected. Not yet. She needed to investigate - wasn't that what they were supposed to do with potential new recruits to the cause? If that was what she was doing. She thought it might be.

She waited for the greenblood he was with to leave, until they vanished into the dark claustrophobia of the forest, before approaching with quiet purpose, revealing herself from the foliage with a theatrical swish of her cape.

Here she was.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:13 pm
Having said his goodbyes to Sephos for the day, the last thing Rastin expected was for someone else to arrive. As such, his back was turned to Keionx, cloak swishing along the ground as his hands fiddled with an empty tray, and looked rather... Happy and thoughtful. There was a soft smile on his face, giving warmth to a normally serious demeanor, and subtle blush along his cheeks.

And if he hadn't glanced back and noticed Keionx standing behind him, he might have just stayed that way.

"... What are you doing?" He grumbled, releasing his death grip upon the tray as recognition swayed over him. "How long have you been standing there?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:28 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

It was none of her business what the greenblood was to the other troll, but the smile, the peaceful warmth, the blush on his cheeks... It was like her with Alexin. She smiled at the thought of the Cerulianblood. Alexin. Her friend. Her beautiful friend. She couldn't wait to see them again, no matter how many times she had seen them before...

Ahem.

She was here for a reason, and that reason was not thinking about Alexin.

"As thou hast surmised, I have been standing here. I did not wish to disrupt thy tea, so I revealeth mineself now." She took a confident step forward.

"Dost thou knowest me? We met, upon yon forest. I, as the Triangle Scout, and thee as an unnamed hero, both seeking the salvation of a troll from the hunts..." she gestured to her symbols - her true symbol, the double triangle, and not the simple variation she used as the Scout, or as Xionek. "We had a misunderstanding then, which I doth not wish to repeat."

She watched him alertly. "I wished to find thee and speak with thee, so if tis not a time that is beneficial, mayhap I inquire to a better hour?" She wanted to do this now - her stance expressed it, with an intense gaze and a confident bearing.

Another step. "May I come inside?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm
She'd been standing there? For how long? Rastin's posture leaned backward while he listened, eyebrows flexing with intrigue, and slowly relaxed further.

"Yes, I do know you." He said, offering a subtle nod. "And, frankly, neither do I... I shouldn't have been so hasty before. I apologize."

He watched her motions just as carefully, his grip tensing and releasing again, before letting out a hum of consideration. Did he really want to speak to her? After all, he barely knew her, and though she seemed trustworthy, he could never really know that for sure. He hesitated, looking back toward the house, and paid her another nod.

"I've plenty of time to speak, if it's really that urgent." He replied, motioning for her to follow him. "That, and I would be fine with brewing another pot of tea. I find that it makes conversations more enjoyable."

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

"Only if it doth not inconvenience thee." she said, relaxing -- she had been tenser than she had realized. She moved to follow him, at a more normal pace now that permission had been given.

She wasn't sure if the conversation was enjoyable - or, rather, if it could be made more enjoyable by tea. She would have preferred - and did prefer - milk. Perhaps, even, simply water. But tea was offered, and a hero should accept what hospitality was offered.

Once inside, she spoke quietly - it was best that she state her purpose immediately... give him a chance to back down."I believe thou twilt recognize this issue, as twas brought up to thee before mere moments ago..." she said, "My apologies for overhearing some of thy conversation, but thy friend mentioned 'space' and this... clean up mission, did he not?"

Of course, she hoped that he would not back down. But just because the call to heroism was often beyond one's control, did not mean that it had to be.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 pm
If Keionx had spoken up, Rastin would have gladly served her a glass of milk instead. He would have thought it strange, but he still would have done it. Instead, he set about filling the kettle again and placed it on the stove, his hands automatically reaching up for a clean set of cups to use.

"He did mention that, yes." He replied, nudging the pair of cups together and tugging a drawer open for the tea. He had no idea what her preference was, but there was no going wrong with a simple breakfast blend. He dropped the tea in, hesitated, and turned to face her again.

"If I can be completely honest, I wish he hadn't decided to go." He admitted, looking awkwardly off to the side. "It seems like such an obvious trap or scheme... I just can't trust that he'll be safe, even if he stays put on the ground."

His gaze flitted down to his feet and back to her again.

"In fact, are any of us truly safe anymore?" He continued, nervously. "What can we do if this turns out to be another catastrophe? Is there anything to do?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

And, if he had asked, Keionx would have told him her preferences. They both were trapped by two different warinesses - one, Rastin's, born of isolation in a forest and suspicion of the world outside. The other, Keionx's, springing from sweeps as a rebel and of warring with herself.

"Indeed." she said quietly, "In this world... we must be forever wary of the Empress' aims." Who could she trust, outside of those in the Swamp? Where had some of her closest companions gone? What was a trap, what was not a trap? Were there traitors in the rebellion? She'd heard about the time before she came, when the Rebellion had to be purged and, of course, Kursha...

But it was ingrained in her very being to take a chance on others. "There is always something that can be done - tis what I wished to speak to you about -- Doing something. Protecting those that could be hurt." And theivery, but Keionx could leave that out.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 pm
The kettle boiled faster than Rastin anticipated and he'd only just turned around when Kei began speaking. He was listening though, evident by his haste-filled, shaky movements, and poured the water with less grace than usual. All he could think about as he added the sugar was that as soon as he had this cup in his hands, he'd be fine. He'd feel safe. That's how it always was. He took a deep breath.

"The Empress' aims are never good, we should always be wary of anything she does." He answered, unaware he'd basically parroted her, and gathered the teacups. Slowly, with as much focus on being as steady as possible, he handed Kei her cup and clasped his between his hands. Hot, boiling hot to be precise, but it was there.

"Now, wait," He said, raising the cup to his lips and instantly filling with regret. Ow, ow, he'd be lucky not to have a welt there in an hour. "You came here to ask me to help protect people? I... I don't know."

He looked to the front door, mentally visualizing the direction Sephos had taken home, and grew rather grim. He'd promised that he'd support Sephos and, by extension, that he'd keep him safe from harm. Did that include this? He fidgeted.

"Will this really make a difference?" He asked, looking to Kei. "Who would I be protecting?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:02 pm
It was like a call and response. Ahh, she remembered that game - her lusus had done it often, as part of teaching her what it meant to be a hero.

She took her tea and cupped her hand around the very warm teacup. "Those whom might come to harm. Those who mayth find themselves vulnerable - afraid, alone, in the reach of danger. Those whom thy cares for..." she followed his gaze meaningfully, "Mayhap those who thou doth not know. These are whom thou can protect."

She looked back at him. "I may not know thy true name, but I saw enough - thou desireth to guard the lives and welfare of those in need." She took a quiet sip -- too hot, but she'd had worse from a pot over a campfire. "There may be many who shall need such guarding, and many more in the future as well..." Her eyes bored deeply into his, very serious. "I don't believe I read thee wrong."

Bouquet of Diamonds

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:25 am
The purpleblood's fingertips tensed against the sides of his teacup, condensation from the clay mimicking sweat that could have easily been rolling across his brow. He remained poised, though visibly nervous, and took in everything Kei was saying with one, drawn out breath through his nose. The vulnerable, the weak, those in danger. His eyes panned back to the door. Those he cared for. All worthy people, one arguably more so than the others, but worthy all the same. He closed his eyes and tried to visualize himself as a protector.

A scythe, a long cape and mask, striking from the shadows when least expected. Sweeping people off their feet, away from danger or straight into the pit of no return. The more he let himself sway into this daydream, the more appealing it became. ...However, this transformation couldn't happen overnight. He'd have to work, he'd have to hide, make a new identity, train... There was so much to think about, it was difficult to find out where to start.

"You... Haven't." He replied, conviction appearing from a wavering tone. "I want, very much so, to protect the innocent. I want to help secure a future for peace and help the youth of our culture find happy, healthy, fulfilling lives free from as much violence as possible."

He moved, setting his tea cup aside and fully opening himself up. It felt so incredibly vulnerable, but it was necessary.

"I don't have the skills, though." He continued, folding his arms behind his back. "All I have to offer is my scythe, the little bit of fighting experience I've endured, and myself. What is there for me to do with these things? Who do I turn to for guidance in this?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 am
It was such a relief to hear those words from another troll. So sincerely, too. The rebellion came close to what she had always felt was right - she saw that now that her spirit was not clouded by uncertainty - but while she and the rebellion were aligned, their goals were not this exactly, this precisely, the same. "Good..." she smiled, "Good."

Well, then. "Thy scythe and thy will are more than enough to start. As for the rest... I offer mineself as thy trainer, if thou wilt have me." She eyed him, "A warning - I will not go easy on thee. Tis a difficult road to walk, after all, and thou must be thus prepared... but know that I will prepare thee in all aspects of thy training, and that..." she hesitated a beat, "And that thou doth not walk yon path - the path of the hero - alone."

Her students, after all, always had that choice.

Bouquet of Diamonds

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:01 pm
With his arms still held firmly against his back, Rastin took in everything that Kei was saying. It didn't seem likely that he would relax, even though he felt he could trust Kei far more than he had before. Similar ideals meant she was less likely to be a threat and he could let his guard down just a bit.

"You would do that? For someone like me?" He asked, his tone falling somewhere between shocked and honored. "I... I suppose. I know this will be a complete change of lifestyle for me, but I'm willing to risk it all if need be."

Admittedly, the words felt like sandpaper on his tongue. His home, his robes, his time alone, all of this flashed before his eyes. ... But the very idea of losing someone precious to him, well, he'd risk his very body to protect them right now if need be. He stood up straight.

"I am thankful for your willingness to help me." He said, bowing his head toward her. "And I accept my training, however rigorous it may be." He paused, a flash of realization rising to his cheeks. "I've just realized that I haven't introduced myself... You may call me Rastin. Rastin Morden."

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 pm
"Of course I would." Keionx said, sitting very straight and tall.

She relaxed slightly -- that had been what she wanted to hear, after all, what she hoped she would hear. Good - very good - she had not misread him. There were heros in this world.

And she would make them strong.

"Tis my pleasure, honor, and duty to do so." she said grandly. She stood, offering him her hand to shake. Her grip was firm, with strength behind it that could break fingers, but was held back (so it wouldn't.)

"I am Keionx Rutace." she said, giving him her name - a real name in exchange for a real name, an expression of trust and honesty. "And I look forward to training with you."

She glanced at the sky, assessing the position of the moon and stars outside the window... and then, belatedly, realized that there was a clock - far more accurate than canopy-filtered sky. It was getting late - there were things she needed to do, out here in the woods and she had spent a while talking to Rastin. There were training things she needed to pick up, as well... She finished her tea and have him a polite inclination of the head - a partial bow of gratitude. Hospitality had been very big with Beastdad, after all.

"I must be off for the night - but I shall see thee here in the morrow, Rastin Morden." she said, "Have thy scythe ready, and be prepared." She gave him a final nod before leaving - and her spirit full of hope for her new student.

Bouquet of Diamonds
FIN?

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash