Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 am
DruidTigeress
I sort of just assumed he stayed the night since flights are pretty wild. Hope that's okay! I can change it if you'd prefer a different start.

Everything was nice and warm and cozy and comfortable. The nights had been getting quite a bit colder this far north as they moved well into autumn, and the taller peaks were already coated in snow. The early morning hours were crisp and cold, and it wouldn't be long until High Reaches Weyr found itself with its first snow. This morning was no different; the temperature difference between his bed and the air outside it was such that it caused S'del to bury himself closer to all the warmth. He nuzzled closer to G'len, before it occurred to him that.... he wasn't just holding onto a pile of furs.

Nope.

That got S'del to wake up right quick. He found himself bundled up in his bedfurs, with his arms wrapped quite tight around G'len. Any lingering haze was washed away by the memories of the night previous and it all started coming back to him. Kindeth had chased; G'len and the girls had been there; Kindeth had lost, but somehow he still wound up with the green rider in his bed. The details were fuzzy from flight lust, but he did remember dragging the man back to his weyr, and giving well into his desires.

So... now what was he supposed to do? He wasn't exactly experienced first hand in the protocol of flights, and rarely fell to bed with others he hadn't been spent time pursuing. It wasn't like Kindeth had ever won a flight before, and Absinth had been only the second lady he'd ever chased. So what was the right action? Did he move away? Was it wrong to stay cuddled up? He'd never really thought about G'len in such a fashion, but after the way the flight went, and having him in his arms now... well... Maybe he should have.

Mine. Mine. Mine. Is Absinth's awake yet? No? What about now? Now? Oh.... Well. Now? The bronze was excited that his had caught another. Any regret Kindeth had felt over not being able to cuddle up with Absinth had been forgotten; maybe she would fly again someday, and maybe he would get to catch her. Until then, he would be proud of his rider for catching Absinth's!

Kindeth, it's early yet. I don't know when he's going to wake up... and I'd rather not disrupt him just so you can say hello.

Oh. Well. I'm glad you were able to catch someone. If you want some advice, I would suggest singing to him. Absinth seemed to like music, so maybe he-- MINE. HE IS A HARPER. BE SURE TO SING TO KEEP HIM! ABSINTH LIKES MUSIC AND RHYMING. HE PROBABLY DOES TOO! The bronze just made the connection between Absinth's musically inclined choice and her rider's profession, and it blew his mind. Surely, that had to be the reason he'd lost! He wasn't musical in the least, but oh boy, he'd be ready next time. Assuming, of course, he remembered. Wasn't he such a clever bronze? Surely, if a serenade wold work on a dragon, than wouldn't it work on their riders, too?

His loud excitement made S'del wince.

Thanks, pal. I'll keep it in mind. He didn't have the heart to tell his dragon that he had no intentions of serenading anyone at this hour, much less G'len. He might not know the exact protocol of handling this stuff, but his poor bronze's suggestions certainly weren't it. But Kindeth didn't have to know that . . . S'del would just conveniently tuck that advice away for later.

What was the right protocol anyway -- breakfast? Klah? Casual conversation? Another go of it? Should he offer to take him back to his own quarters? Would G'len be distressed? Would he be pleased? Or would he scoot on out in a hurry and think nothing of it? Well, he'd find out sooner than later. Until then, he'd get to quietly listen to Kindeth's insightful advice on wooing a man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 am
Masterharper
That's perfect!

Like so many mornings, G'len woke to the sweet but incessant voice of his dragon in his head..

Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine..

Still half sleeping, his eyes screwed closed for a moment, a headache already starting to form. Yes, my love?
Did I wake you? she asked, and only the infinite patience of a rider prevented G'len from rolling his eyes.
No darling, you didn't wake me. What is it that you need?
Where are you? I went back to the weyr after the flight and you weren't there.
What are you talking about? I am in the... He rolled onto his back and put a hand over his eyes, the moments after the flight starting to come back to him. Oh, right.. I'm in someone's else's weyr right now. he explained. Absinth was quiet for a moment. Then,

I miss you :c

Chuckling inwardly, G'len could only smile. Alright, darling. Just a moment.. he said. Opening his eyes fully now, he rolled onto his other side, facing S'del. He folded his arm under his head, watching the other man's face for a moment.

Back in the barracks he used to see him every day without thinking anything of it. But it had been a while now. Since weyrlinghood, even, maybe.. He supposed that was only natural, though. There wasn't a much bigger difference in status or position in the Weyr than between a bronze and a green rider. But it was funny... Their dragons were the same clutch, same age (and they were so far apart themselves), with just the color of their hide to separate them. And yet the lives they led here were so different. Not that G'len really meant anything by that.. It was just an observation.

"Hey. Morning. I guess I crashed here, huh?" he said with a soft laugh. With a little more pouting from Absinth, he went on, "Er. I hate to ask, but would Kindeth mind terribly if Absinth joined us?"

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 pm
DruidTigeress

When G'len rolled over, he loosened his grip, but didn't remove his arm, either. His bed wasn't exactly large -- he might be a bronze rider, but his weyr wasn't all that different from any of the other riders whom had graduated recently. He was young, he didn't exactly fall into the colorist line of thinking, and he had no real connections here at the Weyr. Oh, he knew a few people -- mostly those that he'd brought back from Telgar, and a few of their fellow weyrlings -- but he was no shining, up and coming rider. In fact, he was pretty certain he was dubbed a disappointment by V'mel, and shoved into K'ienn's Wing in hopes of bringing him into the fold.

"Morning," he greeted amicably, "And yeah, you did, though I don't mind. After yesterday's fun, I crashed pretty hard, too," he confessed, giving a small shrug of his shoulders. He wouldn't admit that he hoped the other wasn't going to hurry out -- it was cold, he was warm, and happily comfortable with G'len next to him. But maybe that was just a bit of afterglow from the night they had, and Kindeth's not-so-quiet encouragement on how to catch mates. Honestly, it was easy to get wrapped up in a flight, but not as easy to figure out how best to treat the morning after.

When G'len asked whether or not his green could come over, he didn't even have to ask Kindeth. Instead, the bronze immediately gave a happy warble from where he was settled on his ledge. She's welcome to come to my ledge if she'd like -- I will even give her the warmest spot that I'm sitting in, and sit on the icy ledge instead.

S'del grinned. "She's more than welcome. Kindeth says he's warmed a spot up just for her, so she needn't be uncomfortable. I know he'd be happy to see her, and promise, he's not one to hold a grudge." Honestly, he doubted the bronze even remembered any disappointment he'd had after losing the flight. He wasn't a temperamental bronze, and didn't seem to hold a grudge for anyone or anything. He was sweet, and precious, and perfect, really; too sweet for High Reaches Weyr, at any rate. "What about you, though? Comfortable? Too hot? Too cold? Too crowded?" He teased with a good-humored grin.

Honestly, if G'len was uncomfortable, S'del would do what he could to fix that, even if meant giving the green rider his bed and moving elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 pm
Masterharper
There, found it Dx

G'len nodded, folded an arm under his head, and shuffled closer to S'del's warmth, only too happy to spend a little more time in bed, if S'del was amiable to it.

He was glad to hear Kindeth didn't hold a grudge. Especially since he knew how fond Absinth was of the sweet bronze. "He's too kind." G'len said, smiling. He couldn't help but think that Absinth was spoiled for friends. As her rider, of course, he knew he was 90% of the problem. He just couldn't say no to her. But from her clutchmates to her wingmates to the people in his life as well, he was always surprised how indulgent everyone else was of her as well. "Really, you don't need to go to any trouble." he added, wondering if the bronze could even hear him.

He looked back at S'del and smiled. "Thanks. Really. I know she can be a handful, but.." He lifted his shoulder helplessly. Maybe people raised in the Weyr were better prepared for this. Maybe they were taught as candidates not to give into the feeling, to be strict and guide their hatchlings to be better people. Or maybe it was Absinth herself who was different. All he knew was that one turn on, G'len was still riding on the high of impressing. He was never ready for this. He couldn't ask her to improve herself or change her ways... In his mind, she was already perfect. If he had the chance, he would happily give her everything her heart desired, and want for nothing in return.

"I'm good," he said with a soft chuckle, not used to being fussed over like that. Although it was nice in its own way too. "Not crowded, just cozy. Promise."

Cheeky sprite that she was, Absinth was already back on the prowl. Apparently forgetting that she'd rejected him just hours before, she was all snuggles when she landed on the ledge, leaning her head into the bronze's neck affectionately. Oh Kindeth, my lovely, you are so sweet to share your ledge with me. she purred happily.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:07 pm
DruidTigeress
Oh Absinth... xD

S'del was glad when the other seemed to settle in, which allowed him to further relax. The green rider didn't seem overly fussed by their arrangement, so that meant they could just let the morning happen as it would. Not that he was particularly well-versed in these sorts of things -- Kindeth had never caught anyone, and S'del had only fallen to bed with a handful of individuals since coming to the Weyr -- but he'd learned a few things growing up on the streets of Telgar, and did whatever he had to do to make money any way he could.

Thankfully, since coming to the Weyr, he'd been able to put that aspect of his life fully behind him!

"Oh, it's no trouble," he assured, even as Kindeth echoed his sentiments with a happy rumble. "He'd like for her to be comfortable, especially since she has to wing herself all the way over to his ledge." S'del gave a little snort, though his grin didn't waver. His bronze made it sound like it was some sort of hardship for the green to wing her way over. "He's always been fond of his clutchmates, and Absinth has always been good to him. Promise, he's just the sort of bronze to aim to please a lady." And that was the truth. Kindeth wasn't always the brightest dragon, but he was genuine, and sweet, and as far as S'del was concerned, too pure for the depravity of the world. Maybe that's why he'd picked S'del out of the crowd -- they balanced one another, and the bronze dragon encouraged the man to be the hero and good guy he had always wanted to be.

"How've the two of you been, anyway? Life in . . . Harbingers treating you all right?" He took a moment to recall which Wing the two of them had been placed, but Kindeth confirmed. The bronze knew where all his clutchmates had been placed. "I don't think we've really talked since weyrling training, honestly." And that was kind of sad, as far as S'del was concerned. He'd spent a Turn with his fellow weyrlings, and while there were a few he still talked to now and then, none of his friendships had really lasted. He wasn't sure if he'd just been so invested in Kindeth that he'd let others go, or if he just wasn't great at keeping and holding friendships. He'd lost almost all his 'family' when Thread fell, and while he'd saved a few, the routine of High Reaches, and all the hustle and bustle of every day life at the Weyr didn't always make it easy to reconnect.

But maybe this would be a good opportunity?

"You're looking good, though," he complimented sincerely, with a bit of flirtation behind his words. After effects of the flight, or just encouraged by an overly adoring bronze? It didn't matter either way, really -- G'len did look good. So S'del shifted his own position, and slipped his arm around the other without hesitation. There were only so many places for his arm to go, and it was still mighty cold out.

Kindeth, for his part, made good on his word. As soon as he saw the bright green land near his weyrledge, he hastily removed himself from his stony bed, and rumbled encouragingly for the green to take his spot. Oh, this is the best spot, just for you! The bronze encouraged, lifting a wing just so, as if he could physically hold in the heat. You are always welcome on my ledge, lovely Absinth! Please, make yourself comfortable! His eyes whirled a happy and joyous blue-green, and he was quick to nuzzle the green back in his usual affectionate way.

Yes, this was good for the big bronze. Very good! The poor boy couldn't be more thrilled.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games