Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 am
Nabol always left him feeling physically dirty, and he wouldn't dare meet with someone as important as the Weyrwoman until he'd had a proper bath. Meticulous as he was about his grooming habits, this was likely entirely uncalled for, but far be it from K'lar to appear even a hint disheveled if he could help it...

You would not disappoint her. Mnereth chided gently, his tone filled with love and affection.

K'lar was in the middle of drying his hair, stepping back into his weyr to snort with mock-pompousness at his dragon. "And approach her as a dirty urchin? Never. The man riding the most beautiful blue in High Reaches must appear equally as beautiful, don't you agree, my darling?

Mnereth blinked one whirling green eye at his rider, rumbling gently when the man leaned against his face. You are nice. He offered after a beat, not sure how to offer proper flattery to his bonded.

The man tipped his head back and laughed, scratching at Mnereth's eye ridges even as he quickly made to dress himself. His clothes were fine and neat, though fitting for his station. "Announce me, please?" He called to his dragon as he easily swung onto the blue's neck, patting at his hide.

Always. Mnereth leapt from their weyr with surprising grace, his wings beating strongly. Eveleth, we come. Do you have time for us?

Masterharper
Vague opening, let me know if I should change something! <3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:42 pm
Tsunake

Zheria was, unsurprisingly, in her weyr. For being the Weyrwoman, she spent a good majority of her time in her room. She had made the weyr hers the day after Eveleth's flight to claim the Weyrleadership, and it was not a place she would willingly give up. Only death, or Eveleth's retirement, would have her hand it over to another, and the way she had decorated it made it clear.

It was a luxurious space. It had its own fireplace, its own private bathing quarters, a study, a small living space, private sleeping quarters, and even a shoot that went straight to the kitchens in case she needed to take her meals privately. It was spacious, and filled with all the fineries Zheria loved. Her bed was large, ample enough to fit several bodies comfortably, and covered in the softest of furs during winter, and the lightest of silken sheets during the summer months. She had a few paintings hung on the walls to bring in color, fresh fruit delivered daily on her small table, and colorful tapestries to give her room color.

Zheria did so love colorful things. Nabol had always been so drab-- even in the brothels. It was as if everything was somehow tainted, or just a bit grey and dull. She had always been dressed in browns, whites, or blacks, so the jewels that often adorned her might best stand out -- but here -- she had color. Every color she wanted, in any type of fabric.

Life was good... but Zheria was not known to be a happy woman. For everything she'd done to get out of her situation, even now, as Weyrwoman to the strongest Weyr on Pern, Zheria would never claim to be a happy woman. Eveleth gave her joy; she had progeny with whom she periodically visited, or at least kept tabs on; she had set up a network of sorts, to ensure she had eyes and ears everywhere in High Reaches, and if nothing else, so she might be better prepared for the future; and she had done what she could to help those that needed it most. Zheria was not a good woman -- she knew that -- but she would spend her life trying to help the most vulnerable, and ensure that High Reaches Weyr would not fall prey to Thread, or outside corruption.

This was her home, her Weyr, her people -- and while not all were happy that she was not liberating the Weyr from their tradition -- she did the best she could to at least keep them alive. No one would make a fool of the Weyr again.

Zheria had been resting lovingly against Eveleth; she had been tenderly caressing the queen's long headknobs, and admiring the beautiful sparkle and sheen of the dragon's golden skin. Mnereth approaches. The rich voice entered her thoughts, interrupting their quiet repose.

"Mmm. Send him in when he arrives." She had wondered when the blue rider would return, so was glad to hear of his approach. Giving the golden queen's cheek a tender nuzzle and kiss, Zheria finally pulled away from her beloved and headed back to her quarters. She poured two cups of wine -- the finest money could offer -- and settled herself upon a plush chair to wait. She looked forward to debriefing the blue rider, and seeing how his Search to Nabol went.

Eveleth, for her part, sent a surprisingly warm welcome to the blue dragon. Mnereth was one of her clutch children, and o say she was partial to them was a bit of an understatement. While not all found themselves within her good favor, the queen was the sort to play favorites. You are welcome to my ledge, Mnereth. Mine welcomes yours to her weyr, and is waiting for him inside. Come, settle near, and tell me of the news you brings.

To invite a blue so close was a great honor indeed, but Mnereth was one who deserved it. He did come from only the best stock, and had served her and her rider well.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 am
Thank you. Mnereth was not one for flowery poetry or many words, but he understood what it meant for his dam to allow him near. With surprising grace, he neatly settled upon the ledge, waiting until K'lar had dismounted before he straightened. The blue did not creep further into the Queen's weyr, as that was not, in his mind, at all proper. We brought three more from the mines. Two were Searched. One was not, but we brought him anyway. The blue paused for a moment, then continued. It was not in his nature to hide things--not from his Queen. There is another Queen that frequents Nabol. A glorious, beautiful, radiant excuse for a Queen...

K'lar moved with a confidence that was more false than not, though his face did soften into a genuine smile at the sight of Zheria. He bowed to her, not out of obligation, but respect. "Weyrwoman. Thank you for meeting with me." Though it had been Turns now, he could still remember being a scared, arrogant little brat, never able to fit in with the others. He'd stumbled onto the sands, his feet burning and his heart pounding... People around him were Impressing left and right--and suddenly, he was there, a stocky, crooning, beautiful little blue dragon...

Though Eveleth and Zheria hadn't been responsible for his bonding of Mnereth, the man still felt indebted to the pair. For the first time in his life, he had purpose. Eventually, that purpose had bloomed into deep, unrelenting loyalty, to both High Reaches Weyr and its Weyrwoman. K'lar remained where he was, certainly not about to sit unless he was invited to. The mere thought was shameful.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:49 pm
Tsunake
I know Rhianth is not technically from the same clutch as Mnereth, but Eveleth pretty much writes off different fathers; if they came fro one of her clutches, that's all that matters.

Eveleth watched as the blue settled himself, her own tail curled loosely about her large frame. She was a particular queen, and though Mnereth were a blue, he was certainly loyal, and well within her good favor. Eveleth, for her part, listened to the dragon's report, her eyes whirling a slow, lazy, green. She knew her rider would be pleased to know the numbers -- every life saved was a potential win for High Reaches.

While they might not be able to save everyone, and had to do so carefully, every successful trip was worthwhile. The Weyr could not support every mouth they brought back -- but those they could not keep they could at least send to better, kinder Holds.

Zheria had a good rapport with Southern Boll's Lady Holder, Tillek, Fort, and a few others. It helped that Gansley was not always the favored Holder, despite his wealth and riches, and some were more than happy to take in those exploited. That said, Gansley was not a man to trifle with either; and he had Pern within his grip financially, and through his many exports and connections.

When Mnereth mentioned another queen, Eveleth gave a small, almost dismissive, snort. I am well aware, actually. There are three queens that regularly call Nabol their home, and a fourth that trades. Some outsider named Nimonth calls herself the Queen of Nabol and lives near he mines -- she guards over the dragons that willingly work there and keeps outsiders from meddling; your sister Rhianth trades frequently with the area; and Fianth's first daughter, Sharath, abandoned High Reaches to reside there. Which one did you happen to meet, Mnereth? It was clear that his answer might color Eveleth's next response.

Eveleth, for her part, had strong opinions on each of the three golds that resided there, and not all of those opinions were favorable. So, she waited for Mnereth, and there was an unspoken hope that he had made wise his choice on which queen to speak to.

Zheria, for her part, smiled cordially at the man, and dipped her own head at his bow. "Ah, K'lar," she greeted, gesturing for him to approach. "Please, sit, drink, discuss. I hear you made a successful Search down in our dear Nabol Hold," she reached a long arm over to pick up a goblet of wine, and offered it to the blue rider. "I'd love to hear of your encounter, and any other relevant news you might have brought me." There was nothing wrong with discussing a Search freely with one of her blue riders.... or discussing the politics of Nabol.

Just in case anyone might be listening in.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces