Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:36 am
"Go on."

E'mel nudged his blue as he lingered awkwardly on his ledge, half leaning over it as he peered towards where he'd seen the gold. Not closely enough to watch her as if some strange admirer, but enough to take comfort in the fact that she was there. Yet as much as Brieteth had told His that he wanted to reach out and greet her, he managed to always find a reason not to.

She'd just had a clutch of beautiful children, she needed to focus on them.

She had pretty new sons, he'd just get in the way.

And every time E'mel had assured him that the worst that could happen, was Uridith wouldn't be excited to see him, but how could she not be? His reassuring positivity was the only reason why he'd come up with more than one excuse at all, worrying himself around new reasons every time he was built back up again.

I can see her.I don't know, E'mel. What if she doesn't remember me? he asked, tone low and sad. Or she likes her new babies better? E'mel, I don't think I can do it. he kreeled sadly at his bonded and the young man sighed, before offering one of his bright smiled, patting his side. "You're obviously worrying about it, Brieteth. Go ahead. Just..." he gestured his hands out away from him in an 'out with it' gesture. The blue shifted his weight anxiously, nearly sinking on his perch as he stretched out his neck.

m-Mother? It's...it's me. It's just me, Brieteth. Are you....are you well? his voice was small - perhaps small enough to be ignored if she so chose to, and perhaps Brieteth would have preferred that.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:46 pm
Uridith had taken to finding a ledge where she could watch the weyrbowl any time her Lestenna was in a meeting or somewhere she couldn't go. Takarath often accompanied her, but now and then he went off to hunt, or had to help His with drills. It was fine, and she was never bored. There were many members of her family around, both blood and weyr family. Her own offspring now counted among both. A few months old, they were growing so quickly...and she was catching their eye less and less often. It was the normal way of things now. They were not her children only, anymore. They were young warriors, independent but for their own riders, and the weyrlingmaster and his brown. It made her chest swell with pride...but also made her hearts ache with loss. How lovely to have her children be children forever, and safely able to be tucked under her wing from all the danger of the world...

Her head snapped up and around as a voice slipped into her head, catching her full attention from her frolicking younglings below. Brieteth...!? For one or two moments the gold seemed almost awkward as she scrambled to get her claws beneath her, and pushed off with more a stumble than a leap. The relative calm of the hour was rent by her squealing trumpet cry as she hurtled up towards her son—her son!—whom she hadn't laid eyes on in so very long. Not since before she'd left Ierne, before thread had fallen (and made so, so many of her hatchlings fall too). Brieteth!! My precious son! What are you doing here? How long...how long have you been here? Your rider's fine too? E'mel, right? Oh, Brieteth! She all but crashed onto the ledge he'd been on, crowding close and almost bowling the smaller male over in her attempt to look him over. Was there any threadscoring? Had he been eating enough?

Those who'd worked with canines might equate the enthusiasm of her greeting with that of a furry friend who hadn't seen their favorite person in weeks. She couldn't get close enough to her erstwhile son, and her eyes whirled a complex mix of joyful blue-greens and sad yellows. He'd been gone so long, and she'd been so worried. She'd thought he was dead! Lost between forever. But he wasn't. He was here!

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:15 pm
Absolute panic suddenly rushed through the blue as he spotted the gold suddenly launching from her ledge and his head whirled around to E'mel to seek out guidance on what was happening with a kreel of fearful confusion. The red haired boy patted the blue's side. "Looks like you're about to need to scoot over, buddy boy. I'm gonna get out of your way so you two can chat, yeah?" he leaned into the anxious blue's face and planted a kiss on his snout as he kreeled into the boy's face. Oh oh oh, this was not what his plan was.

Yellow eyes whirled after his rider as he ducked back into the weyr and he only turned away from him when the gold practically crashed onto his ledge, wings shrinking further into his sides as he shuffled to one side to make room for his surprise visitor. Oh, oh, oh, oh. He was feeling like such a bad son suddenly, and while E'mel was sending him gentle reassurances that no, he wasn't the worst dragon of all the dragon's in the Weyr, Uridith's rampant attentions had two very conflicting effects on the blue.

Part of him was exuberantly thrilled to see her, spreading out his wings and sitting up straight so she could better look him over to see that yes, he was fine. A few little scratches here and there, but outside of an awkward natural build he had been born with, he was an image of perfection. Well, as far as he could be, at least. The other part of him just surged with guilt and E'mel again had to send in damage control in the continuing form of no seriously, you're wonderful and not the worst dragon to ever dragon.

m-Mother, i-i-i... he kreeled at her as he tried his best to look like maybe a confident, capable blue that wasn't currently made of nerves and anxiety. Mine - E'melmine - brought us here. He wanted us to be with the best a-and....we've been here since before... he turned his head down towards the bowl where he could still see the frolicking little bodies of the recent hatchlings. i-I've been working hard so they d-don't have to worry. Mine and me are trying really hard to watch out for them. His head drooped a bit as he spoke, shuffling to lean into his golden mother.

I'm sorry I didn't speak up sooner. There were just...other things going on.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:48 pm
Uridith poured over every inch of her blue son, noting the few nicks he'd taken (thankfully none that were big or bad enough to cluck over—everyone got a bit scuffed growing up, and even she herself had a few scratches here and there) but the general lack of any damage or signs of weakness. Oh, oh! Oh Faranth, one of her children had lived and come home to her again! She didn't even mind that he'd apparently been here, but avoiding her. It might normally hurt, but just knowing he'd been alive and safe...And her Brieteth always had been terribly sensitive, and a bit self-effacing. Never one to try to grab attention. She'd been more or less self-isolated on the sands too, until her new children had hatched...

Brieteth, I'm so proud of you! For making it this far, for surviving thread, for choosing the right path (if you'd asked her, joining a weyr was the ONLY path), for working so hard. She finally ceased her inspection of him, but certainly wasn't done pouring attention out over him. One broad golden wing flexed open to pull him in, tuck him to her side. I'm sure your new siblings would be thrilled to know they had you looking out for them. Have you met any of them? Despite her clear pride in her new children, her rapidly whirling blue-green eyes were wholly fixed on her cloudy blue son. He had her full attention, even as the younger ones rolled and played and grew down below in the bowl.

E'mel. E'mel I must thank you for bringing him back to me. I know he is yours, and not mine, not anymore, but I had thought him lost with the rest. You kept him safe...you make him happy. Thank you, E'mel. the gold reached out, gently pressing into Brieteth's rider's mind with a rush of gentle approval. Her golden head twisted about to butt gently against Brieteth's smaller one, her nostrils flaring as she huffed, a thorough contentedness settling over her as she reaffirmed the blue's presence. Yes, still here, still unharmed. Hopefully her affections were not smothering...in her mind it'd been ages since she'd seen him. He'd basically been a hatchling! Even if he'd been hatched turns ago, he was her hatchling, still.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm
He both inflated and was a little overwhelmed at his mother's outpouring of love, kreeling slightly as she pulled him up against her. Though he notably didn't fight against it, just resting his little head against her shoulder obediently. It was nice to be loved. Not that E'mel didn't love him, but it was a very different kind of affection. E'mel seemed to sweep to brush over all his nerves. And you thought she wouldn't want to see you. he reminded the blue who snorted at the reminder. Of course he'd thought that. Not for good reason, but he'd definitely thought it.

I ah....met um....Macuith? Macuith. He and his came to the lake while E'mel and I were there. He hoped the explanation was satisfactory. The rest I have simply watched. Mine thinks I should say hello. But I do not wish to bother them when there is so much for them to be doing. He was only a big brother, after all. Hardly worth the interruption.

E'mel nearly jumped when the gold reached out to him, but soon was simply laughing, running a hand back through his hair at the praise he was receiving. "Of course. Brieteth is my best boy, after all. He'll never say it himself, but he hasn't disappointed anybody yet!" a point he brought up out loud solely so the blue would hear it too. He would have been the first to wilt right down into a puddle of self-deprecating guilt if he'd ever done such a thing, after all. Brieteth practically inflated at the surge of pride he felt from his bonded - ever bright, ever happy, ever his E'mel.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:38 pm
Brieteth had always, always been one of her favorites. She loved all her children, of course, but he was just so... He was sensitive, sometimes over-sensitive, but it made him very sweet. And maybe he needed just a bit of extra love, but that was what mothers were for, wasn't it? She thrummed, low and strong as he leaned against her, reassuring him that all she had for him was love. She'd been so very worried, and saddened to think that thread might have taken him. To find out he'd been here, safe, helping? She couldn't possibly be prouder. And he'd met one of his new brothers! How wonderful!

Macuith is a precious child. I'm sure he's very glad to have a big brother like you to look up to. She herself had mostly only been watching them too, and she told him so. I feel much the same. They have so much growing and learning to do. They're Aviroth's children now as much as mine, I suppose...but I do still like to visit them now and then. If you'd like, any time, you could accompany me, Brieteth. She wouldn't force him, of course. She wasn't displeased with his choice to remain a protective observer, not at all.

She puffed a little trumpet of delight at E'mel—he really had been just the right choice for Brieteth, a bright shining spot of happiness to warm up her gloomy son. She fully agreed with his assessment too. Who could ever be disappointed in him? He was a strong fighter (stronger than even she had thought, clearly!) and a good obedient dragon.
demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 am
Brieteth was wrapped up in a blanket made of love - love from his mother, love from his dear E'mel. In that moment, he was a very happy dragon, crooning softly into Uridith's golden hide as he basked in her affection. There was, after all, nothing like the love of a mother.

I...I don't think I told him I'm his brother. he kreeled briefly, suddenly worried that he should have, But he was happy to have the company while swimming. E'mel made sure to be nice to His too. But E'mel is always thoughtful like that. there was an obvious affection in his voice at the thought of the redhead who bustled about his Weyr, close enough to reassure the blue with his presence, but far enough away to allow him some alone time with Uridith.

Which was a little overwhelming. He'd never begged for alone time with her - he'd never felt important enough.But right then he felt very, very important. If...if it wouldn't be trouble, I think I would go to see them with you.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:23 pm
Of course, Brieteth. any time you'd want, I would be happy to. She briefly flexed her wing, squeezing him just a bit to her side, as near as a dragon could come to giving a hug. She didn't leap up, ready to take him to see his younger siblings, though—right now was for them, for her and Brieteth. She wasn't quite ready to share him with the world again. Not after he'd been apart from her so long.

And oh, now that she was settling in with the notion that he was in fact alive and safe, she began to worry, and to wonder. What had he seen, what had he gone through out of the safe haven of the shadow of her wings? And on some layer, a part of her wondered just who she had to thank for helping him along the way...and who she'd have to hunt down, and pluck from the sky, for keeping him from her for so long. All those thoughts were kept firmly tucked inside though. She didn't want to upset or unsettle him. It was so much more important to make their reunion a warm, safe one. And she could express her thoughts to Lestenna, later.

Which wing have they placed you in, my Brieteth? She cooed at him. She would never be the overprotective sort, to wish him grounded and safe, when it was his very nature to fight thread, and his efforts made her so terribly proud. That didn't mean she didn't want to be ready though. She wanted to know which way he might be, because if anything did happen, if thread tried again to take her precious child from her, she'd be there, this time. She wouldn't lose him again.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 pm
When they can fly, perhaps. So I may watch and make sure they are safe. Brieteth suggested, though E’mel helpfully nudged him a reminder that when the two of them did their best - and of course, his best boy always tried his best - they were already keeping his younger siblings safe. Brieteth almost brightened up at how much love he was receiving from both Chosen and Mother. He was a very loved blue boy.

We fly with Sorath! Brieteth replied with the smallest amount of pride. It was very nice when a capable bronze could make all of the hard decisions. He knew he’d worry and fumble over everything if he was asked to. E’mel added to his thought and Brieteth shared it onwards to his mother; E’mel says that it is called Harbingers Wing. Not that such information was beyond something worth noting, but Brieteth hardly worried about the name beyond the dragons. If he could recognize his own that was all that mattered, right?

Heaven forbid if he was ever reassigned.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 am
Sorath's wing? He's a very capable bronze, isn't he? The bronze had not been one of those chasing her, some months ago now. They had met though, and she remembered him, even if they were not particularly close. He was attached to a rather firm, critical rider, if she was remembering right...But it was good to know that her sweet son had a capable leader to look out for him. She did worry so for those dragons at places like Western, where they left leadership up to any dragon that cared to take it. And she was very glad her son was here, in High Reaches, where he had the best of chances (and she could be near her)!

I know you'll be an excellent role-model for your siblings, should any be tapped to your wing. And they'll look out for you to. Family must protect each other, and now we have such a big family again... How she did miss her other lost children. She'd been inconsolable for some time after leaving the Weyrhold. So many precious loved ones...gone. But now she had her new clutch, and her Brieteth, and the whole Weyr to be her family. And she dearly hoped Brieteth would come to feel as accepted and loved as she had here. He certainly deserved a happy home.

They will protect you, you will protect them, and I will protect you all. Listen to Sorath, I'm sure he knows what needs done. Neither of us will let you fall, I promise. Her own wing flew below Harbingers, as well as the other wings of Alpha Flight. And she would catch any dragon that fell. Though she truly hoped none ever would.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas