[PRP] Like One of Your French Dragons [Kinye/Demanthra] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm
"Kinye, you are always needing more paper, this is nothing new. That's why our parents have always had extra paper around, so you would have some. Or if I needed it to work on some music. So maybe send word home to have them send you some more, I am sure they won't have any trouble sending you more,"Demanthra suggested. A soft laugh came from her lips as Kinye spoke about how Monath would have all kinds of art dedicated to her. She was right, she knew, since Monath made it a point to be Demanthra's own muse. Every song that was about her made the little green just giddy.

Yes, that is the way it should be, since I am a beautiful dragon. Demanthra makes songs about me, cause I like to add myself into things. It is so much fun hearing her sing,Monath smiled.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:03 am
She laughed. "Well, you're not wrong!" Kinye looked up briefly from her second drawing to grin at Demanthra. "I want to get some bigger sheets next time I have some marks to get my own, though." The standard sizing wasn't bad, but she'd caught a Journeyman drawing on a sheet almost twice as big as the ones she had now and had been enamored with the notion of drawing at such a size. How much detail could be squeezed onto such a big page?

There was so much possibility and she was very, very excited.

"My sister is a very good singer, you're very luck to have her," Kinye agreed with Monath's choice whole-heartedly.

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm
"Hmmm, I wonder what it will be like for you to draw on bigger paper. I would love to see it when you get it. And of course, I suppose you can pay for your own paper, huh?"Demanthra laughed lightly. She was so used to Kinye getting paper from home, she forgot she was probably able to buy some herself now. When she spoke about her singing, her cheeks flushed lightly and smiled lightly.

Demanthra Mine is a beautiful singer, it is a treat to listen to her. That was part of the reason that drew me to her when she touched my egg. Though I do think I upset her a little,Monath admitted sheepishly.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 am
"Sometimes! Not always." Room and board was really all a candidate got, so it was just little side chores and the occasional 'can you draw this, it would be really funny' that got her a little change here and there. Enough to keep some charcoal and some paper on hand.

Sometimes she still appealed to their mother and father for more on the paper end, however.

"It'll be different I think. I'll have to use it really wisely if it's expensive, though." She hadn't considered that, particularly.

The second drawing one, Kinye again offered it up for the green's approval. "I think this looks even better than the last one, yeah?"

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm
"Well, that's true, usually I had to do some kind of extra stuff if I wanted marks of my own when I was a candidate. I still say your best bet is ask Mom and Dad, they would buy it for you. They usually are very supportive of our pursuits and they know how much you like drawing. It wouldn't hurt to ask, maybe they know how much the bigger paper would cost,"Demanthra suggested gently. That and their parents knew that drawing kept Kinye out of trouble, for the most part. It didn't stop people from trying to take advantage, but it kept her mind busy.

Oooo, very beautiful, Kinye. Yes, that looks better, but both are just wonderful. Maybe because of the subject you chose to draw?Monath suggested with a big toothy grin. Yes, how could the young artist make a bad drawing of the world's best subject. Only thing that might be better is Demanthra, but she was her rider, of course she made a wonderful subject.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 pm
"Well I don't want to impose on them too much." She was their daughter, after all, and to some end she would always impose whether it was on purpose or not, but.... But Kinye was a big girl and could spend her own marks. If she remembered she wanted the big paper for long enough to hold onto her money for. Maybe it was better to make sure their parents held onto her marks in that case - who knew who could easily trick poor, simple Kinye with a sob story for them.

It wasn't unusual.

With the second drawing approved of, Kinye again relinquished it to her sister, smiling. "Monath makes a great subject. I don't think I could ever displease her," people had a way of being really fussy about their nose being too small or whatever else. She really did try her best, but......but sometimes being truthful wasn't well received.

"Do you want a fullbody this time, Monath, or a close up for a big of a change? I could do a nice portrait!"

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 pm
"I don't think they see it as an imposition, Kinye. After all, they want us to be happy, drawing makes you happy. I am sure that if you told them you wanted to try a bigger paper, they would gladly oblige. However, I suppose you can use your own marks, if you would like. Maybe Mom and Dad could keep ahold of it, like for safe keeping. That way if you said you wanted something special, they could remember it for you,"Demanthra reminded. She knew that her sister could easily get distracted by something else or someone would trick her.

A close up, please, really give the audience a feel for me,Monath replied. She went to stick her snout in Kinye's face, though that might have been a little closer than the girl had intended. A soft giggle came from Demanthra, she knew her dragon was content when she was being paid attention to.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm
Kinye heavily considered her sister's suggestion with a small 'hmmmm'. "I think having them hold onto my Marks wouldn't be a bad idea," the girl said with a firm nod. Demanthra knew rather well that she would just...let her money wander off without a second (or third) pair of eyes on it and Kinye was aware, at least in that moment, that it was a motivating factor. An easily distracted motivating factor as Monath nudged her nose into Kinye's face.

Briefly, she considered reaching up to pat the delicate snout. Would Monath have disliked that? She wasn't sure, so she held off on it, at least.

"A perfect portrait of the most lovely dragon it is then! I'll make sure it's the best thing I've ever drawn!" though if Kinye was honest....most dragon's seemed to have a very similar look to them when it came to just drawings. She wouldn't have told Monath that, but it was sort of the way all babies looked alike to her too. Maybe it would be different if she ever impressed her own.

Still, Kinye resettled and began to draw again, seemingly unbothered by the proximity of the lovely green.

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:42 pm
"Yeah, maybe when you get a chance, go give them the marks. That way they are somewhere safe and it gives you incentive. Make sure to tell Mom and Dad what you want to get, so they can keep track for you. Also, Monath, please back up, you don't have to be so close. It is hard for her to see you properly when you are practically in her lap,"Demanthra replied to both of them. She watched as Monath scooted back a little and sat down on her haunches. A smile came to her lips as she watched the little green's tail flick back and forth happily.

I have no doubt that you will make it wonderfully. After all, how could you not with a green as bright as me?Monath asked. She always liked to pretend that she could glow in the dark, seen anywhere she and Demanthra went.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 am
It was a good thing that her older siblings had half a mind to keep her on track. Perhaps someday in the long run the girl would get her head about herself, but as young as she was, it wouldn't really be concerning until she was at the age where she'd need to take care of herself.

"OK. I'll make sure I do that later," which perhaps was code for 'I'm going to forget and not do it'. But she wasn't about to interrupt the fact she was drawing her current muse. Monath was so very, very compliant and it was nice. Being part of the experience did mean that the drawings weren't as candid as perhaps those of others, but as long as they looked nice, that wasn't a problem.

"Do you think the dragon I'll impress will be as pretty as Monath is?" it was a sudden question, though it did remove the statement of doubt as to if she would or not. Kinyegele did not see herself being dragonless when surrounded by family that was not.

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:03 pm
"Sis, would it be better if you give me your marks and I take them? That way you are handing it to family while you are thinking about it. Then I can make sure it gets to Mom and Dad, with the explanation of what you would like to buy. As for your question about a dragon, I am sure you will get a wonderful one. After all, Ashlyn and Ash'il have gorgeous blue and bronze, don't they? And Mom and Dad, you love their dragons. Don't forget Tr'el's beautiful green, I know you have admired her. So I would say the chances are pretty high,"Demanthra nodded. She wondered if her sister worried about not impressing at all, like she and the twins had?

A dragon would be stupid not to pick you, Kinye. You deserve a wonderful dragon, one that is beautiful or handsome. Granted, they can't be better than me,Monath added, causing her rider to give her a look. The little green saw the look and cleared her throat, knowing her rider wasn't thrilled about her calling others stupid.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:25 pm
"Oh!"

It was such a simple and easy suggestion, and the ease with which Kinye relinquished the marks she had on her person over to her sister spoke of just how easily they would have parted to anybody else. Family got no hesitation, and while a stranger would have received a second thought, it wouldn't have been a long one.

"I mean, you're not wrong. I like thinking about it, though. Even if I may be thinking about it a while. Is it weird? Standing out there and hoping?" Sure, there were lots of candidates who would be standing again, but Kinye wondered if there was more than just disappointment.

Monath's addition earned a small laugh. "But they'll have good taste, right?"

Dea and #Teddy#

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 pm
"I will make sure these get right to our parents as soon as I can head over to them. There is nothing wrong with wondering what kind of dragon you will impress though. I know I thought about it before I impressed to Monath too. I would stand there and hope one of the dragons would like me. So, no, it isn't weird to hope at all. I am just lucky that Monath found me and knew I was her rider,"Demanthra replied to her sister. She put the marks in her right pocket, her sister had not put up any resistance to the idea. It was a good thing she had them, then, knowing it wouldn't have been much harder for a stranger to get the money from her.

Of course, they will have excellent taste, you deserve it. Just like Demanthra Mine, which I knew. When she touched my egg, I knew she was my rider. I just..took time getting to her during the hatching,Monath admitted.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces