Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 am
His life had been a whirlwind ever since Elzebuth had burst into it. Hard work never phased G'ran, but it was the overflow of absolute love and affection that nearly drowned him. Before coming to High Reaches, G'ran had known nothing but back-breaking labor and thick, choking dust in his lungs. More often than not he went to bed cold and hungry, knowing that each new day might very well be his last. He was a beast of burden, not worth more than a thought.

But now? He was the center of the big brown's world, and Elzebuth was free and open with his affection. The dragon was growing in spurts, and to prevent his hide from cracking, G'ran was carefully oiling him down. The brown loved the attention, crooning low in his throat even as closed his eyes, his head resting in the boy's lap. His big fingers carefully traced the scars that had been inflicted on his dragon during the hatching, frowning as he always did. To think that he'd so sorely misunderstood his life partner at the start...

But now you understand why we're so much better than any fool of a bronze. Elzebuth's smug satisfaction enveloped him with warmth, and G'ran chuckled, pausing to rub those head knobs.

He'd been so busy as of late that he hadn't.... really spoken to any of the other weyrlings, let alone gone to see them. Elzebuth was idly aware of those thoughts, pondering for a moment.... and then reached out to his blue brother.

Aurinkoth, darling... Come visit me. Me and mine long to see the pair of you. Why not indulge with some socialization? It would be good for His--and he would enjoy seeing Aurinkoth again.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:08 pm
"Will you hold still?"

The short answer was no. The long answer was that Ichta tending to her blue's claws and making sure nothing was stuck in them or his toes tickled, and Aurinkoth was practically rolling around on his back, chirping and chirring up a storm of laughter. It tickles! Stop! Stop! I give! Aurinkoth howled - albeit quietly - into her mind. She paused, giving him a long look of consideration before she released the little pawed hand to reach out with both of hers to rub all over the exposed belly of the dragon in front of her.

"An opening! I've got you! I've got you!" Laughter was perhaps a more familiar sound from the girl since the hatching and it practically spilled from her as Aurinkoth wiggled, crinkling his legs up against him as he rolled from side to side like a fish. You've got me! Oh no! What will I do! I've been caught! He was careful as he rolled over, making sure not to catch Ichta's arms as he got back to his feet and bumped his head against the top of hers adoringly.

Am I good? Is it time to play more? he asked as Ichta took one of his front legs to look over his foot one last time. "Nothing this time, but you know we only do this because you and Lemath get into things." things that had resulted in Ichta having to pick splinters, stickers, and so many other things out of the soft skin between toes. Aurinkoth wiggled his toes before setting the foot down. But now you'll be really good at it when I'm bigger, right? he offered and Ichta found herself sighing. 'Bigger'. As if the fact he was getting big enough to bump heads with her while she was standing up wasn't 'big'.

The thought didn't linger, however, as the blue suddenly was riled up into grand excitement. Oh! Ichtamine! Mineminemine! Elzebuth calls! Let's go! Let's gooooo! Ichta's chest did a strange twist at the revelation. "Right now? I-" Haven't played with me enough! Ichta. Come. It'll be fun! He practically trotted around the young woman and gave her a nudge in the small of her back to force her a few steps forward before he moved to lead the charge - and she went off after him, smoothing her fingers back through her hair as she walked.

Elzebuth! We are here! Are you... Aurinkoth chirped in amusement at the sight of his brother, though there was no judgement. He looked fine and shiny! Do I need to wait? Did we come too quickly? He trilled sweetly as he inquired, leaning into Ichta as she ran a hand along his rump and side, eventually coming to rest by a wing which he rested around her waist.

But she just stood there like a deadglow, not really saying anything. Yep. She was just here making sure Aurinkoth wasn't being a pest. Yep. Really. Mmhmm.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm
Aurinkoth. His tone was silky with pleasure at such a prompt response, and Elzebuth promptly rose to twine around his blue sibling, having no shame being caught during oiling. He was beautiful, after all! G'ran muttered a curse when the brown pulled away, frowning as he looked to see what had distracted the normally patient beast. His brows twitched minutely with surprise to see Aurinkoth--and yes, there was Ichta, standing at his side. The brown arched his neck to sniff delicately at the young woman, looking her over as though to make certain she was the same as when he'd last seen her. Satisfied, he began to investigate his brother in a similar fashion. You are well? Come play with me. Not quite a request, though he did n** playfully at one blue head knob!

G'ran rose slowly, making certain not to knock over his supplies even as he wiped his hands on a nearby rag to clean off the excess oil. It had been some time since he'd seen her, and strangely, he felt... pleased? Pleased that she was there, after so long. She was undoubtedly just as busy as he was, considering...

"He's gotten so big." He commented on Aurinkoth before offering a grin without even thinking twice about it. He'd been so self-conscious about smiles before, but Elzebuth didn't care if he was missing a tooth or not. To Elzebuth, he was perfect. Shards. How had he gotten so lucky?

"He looks good." G'ran offered after a moment. So did she. But... saying that would be.... It just didn't seem right.

Mine thinks Yours looks good. Elzebuth offered, sly and private.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm
"Hello, Elzebuth," Ichta greeted sweetly as the brown checked in on her. When he turned his attention back to her bonded, she turned hers to his. She watched G'ran with an interest that was practically palpable to Aurinkoth, who chirpped at her once before pulling away, practically prancing off with laughter following after him. She stared after him with a frown. You stop that! You first! he seemed to tease - adoringly, but still teasing. He wouldn't have done it if she'd truly been upset about it, after all. The blue bumped his head against Elzebuth's - as much as he could (he wasn't quite as tall as his brown brother, after all, nor was he filling out with as much muscle. No bother!) We have been very well. Mine works hard but I don't think she'll be getting as big and strong as yours is anytime soon, though. Aurinkoth tried to visualize it before laughing - though it wasn't quite as recognizable as such as a human laughing would have been.

Ichta watched as Aurinkoth trotted off, somewhat, with his brother, simply smiling at the slim profile that was her blue next to Elzebuth - who would perhaps be a nice reflection of his rider as he got bigger. But small and blue suited her Aurinkoth just fine. In that way, he too suited her. She glanced back to G'ran when he spoke, smiling back. "It's hard to think he was small enough to fit easily under a table. Goodness, either of them, really," she agreed with a nod. The little blue could nearly steal fruit off the table without her help now! "Though at the rate Elzebuth is going, you're going to need a lot more oil." she nodded to his supplies and Aurinkoth's head whipped around to sharply, one might think he snapped his neck.

WAS THAT A JOKE? ARE YOU TELLING JOKES WHILE YOU THINK I'M NOT HERE? Mine! Tell me the joke! Let me laugh for you!

Ichta did not repeat the joke for him. Aurinkoth didn't seem bothered by this, however and instead cheeped interestedly at what Elzebuth had to say. Oh! Why didn't he tell her? Was that a secret? Am I allowed to tell mine? I don't think I'm allowed to tell mine's secrets...

"How have your lessons been treating you?" it was an innocent, but perhaps personal inquiry into the man. How far had he gotten from having her write words for him at the top of a page for practice?

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:49 pm
He is very big and strong. The brown agreed smugly, preening with pleasure at the thought. It was good! They were both getting bigger and bigger--which was only fitting. The best dragon in the Weyr deserved the best rider... and that's why he'd chosen him, of course! Elzebuth was beginning to bulk up, which made him a bit slower and more awkward on the ground, but far be it from that to deter him! He was about to suggest a good romping game of chase, when Aurinkoth's words made him pause. He does not think he is good enough for her. His snort was audible, his eyes whirling with mild streaks of orange to show his contempt. Soon, however, they returned to a pleasant mixture of green-blue, and he nudged his brother with a huff. It is a secret, but we will fix it, won't we? Of course Mine is good enough for Yours. Why should they not be happy together? A pause. As long as they are happy, it cannot be bad.

"Both of them..." He agreed, and his own snort sounded like ripping cloth. "Shards, if he grows much more, he's going to eat everything in the Weyr..." His expression was quite fond, and he watched the two dragons scamper off with a faint quirk of his lips. His attention returned to Ichta at the question, and G'ran grew serious for a moment. He hesitated before he reached down to his pants, a huge hand slipping into his pocket.

Slowly, he drew out a wrinkled bit of hide from his pocket, extending it out for Ichta to take. He'd been planning to leave this for her at some point... The letters were painstakingly written, crude, but legible. It was a very simple message, asking Ichta how she had been and if (Aurinkoth's name had been butchered and eventually scribbled out) her blue was well.

He said nothing, but his brows were furrowed ever so slightly--the only sign that he was at least a little anxious about how his note would be received.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 pm
If it was the best rider for the best dragon, Aurinkoth would have argued that point. But it would have made Elzebuth feel bad for not having Ichta as his own, and that wouldn't have made him very happy. Instead, he looked between the two riders, head tilting from side to side like a curious puppy. After a moment, he looked back to Elzebuth. That's very silly. He's like...the biggest! Aurinkoth flared out his wings dramatically for emphasis and Ichta found herself peering back over to him curiously. He just trilled sweetly at her. Oh yes, happy is good. I feel sometimes there are wounds in mine's mind that a dragon cannot fix, but maybe she will let him. She slept better now, but there were still times...

"A few more months and they'll be off hunting and we'll be getting complaints about missing livestock." Ichta nodded, as if this wasn't an inconvenience to the economy of places outside of where they were. Then again, better a few beasts than death by thread to not have dragons at all.

While she watched him taking the letter from his pocket, Ichta didn't think anything of it until it was extended to her, looking from his face (so serious) down to his hand before she took it and carefully unfurled it to read. It wasn't a particularly eloquent letter, but she bit her lip slightly as she let her eyes linger on the attempt to spell Aurinkoth's name. Simple, but he'd thought about her and that alone prompted the smile on her face.

"You wrote to me. That's....I'm flattered." it wasn't an answer, but perhaps the visit now would be enough to satisfy an answer. Folding it back up, she held it to her chest. "I can keep this...right?"

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:08 pm
He is very stubborn. Elzebuth mentally sighed, very glad that Aurinkoth could see his point. But Yours makes him happy in a way that is different than I do. So, why should he not have both? He fell silent at the mention of mental wounds, rumbling to himself with consideration. Perhaps. But that is why I thought it would be good if they were together again. It has been a while. Not that Elzebuth minded G'ran's undivided attention, but he could have anything he wanted! Why he fought it... well, the brown would get to the bottom of it sooner or later.

"Shards," He muttered, "I'll get grounded for sure, if he decides he has to have that particular herdbeast and no other one will do." He was only half-kidding, but if Elzebuth really set his sights on something... He shook his head, rubbing at his brow ruefully.

As Ichta's eyes wandered over his words, G'ran felt his spine stiffen unconsciously. It was strange. His whole life, he'd hardened himself against the opinion of others, ready to lash out with fists whenever cruel words bit at him. He couldn't do that with Ichta, would never even think of raising a hand against her. And yet, the thought that she might laugh at him or sneer, though wildly out of character, made him feel almost physically ill.

Elzebuth froze in his tracks, looking back at his bonded to croon with concern. The man sent an absent flicker of love and reassure at his brown, and after a moment, Elzebuth returned his attention to Aurinkoth.

The smile she offered him made something in his chest--constrict. It didn't hurt, but G'ran found himself feeling... warm. He only nodded wordlessly at her question, his eyes never leaving her face. How could anyone not have thought her beautiful? It was a sudden thought that made him jerk, almost shocked to realize it.

But that didn't make it any less true.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm
Aurinkoth thrummed along as Elzebuth spoke, perhaps in mimic of the way Ichta did when he told his stories to indicate he was listening an engaged with the thought that his brown brother was sharing. Well mine hardly put up much of a protest to see him, though it's not like she hasn't been thinking about him. Was that supposed to be a secret? Ichta had never said it was a secret. Humans are a little funny that way, aren't they? They emoted so secretly, as if it was complicated. You just had to walk up and say hello!

Elzebuth's brief break in usual character caused the blue to nudge his head against the side of his brother's. Mine will be gentle with him. It will be fine. As if there was any doubt that his sweet Ichta was capable of being anything but.

Ichta continued to hold the letter with both hands, as if she'd been given some grand treasure and doing so was the only way to keep it safe. "Thank you. I..." she bit her lower lip, more obviously than when she'd been reading the note, and nervously rubbed the top of one foot against the back of the opposite leg. "I have something for you too, but it's....I don't have it with me." she admitted. She hadn't exactly been ready for the unexpected visit. "But if you'd like, we can walk over to the barracks and I could get it?"

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:51 pm
Of course she would be thinking about His, if she had any sense! But Elzebuth had enough tact to not say as much, instead snorting with agreement at that last bit. Aurinkoth's reassurance was not necessary, but it did earn a low thrum of appreciation. Good. He can be... tender, sometimes. He admitted as much grudgingly, for it felt much like admitting a weakness! Aurinkoth was a trustworthy sort, which was the only reason he felt as though he could tell him.

G'ran gave a small start in surprise at that, blinking at her owlishly. She did? "Sure." He agreed readily, grateful for the brief break in dragon-oiling. Speaking of which, it appeared that Elzebuth was quite content to be with Aurinkoth... so he wouldn't mind, at least for a little while.

"If you feel like it, that is." He added after a moment, not wanting to see too hasty. Shards.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm
He protects it very well, Aurinkoth assessed, though perhaps the blue's understanding of serious emotions wasn't the most advanced. Still, he bumped his head against Elzebuth's and practically pranced around the brown playfully. Theirs were in good hands with each other, so there was no need to be overseeing them too closely, after all.

"It's as good of time as any," Ichta said sheepishly, as if perhaps G'ran's sudden change in enthusiasm had somewhat taken the wind from her sails and she was trying to reinflate them a bit. Still, she glanced over towards Aurinkoth, who was attempting to initiate play from the look of things. I'll be back, love. she warned gently, only to be practically bowled over with a huge wave of affection in turn. Okay! I'll be right here!....Maybe right here.....Oh, you'll see me!

With that established, Ichta started towards the barracks, purposely not moving too quickly so G'ran could keep pace with her. Though really it was her needing to keep pace with him. Sometimes it was only when he was closer by that she realized how.....big he was. Not intimidating, just big. Which was why she was able to look over his letter to her again as they walked, just smiling and not worrying that she was perhaps in danger. G'ran was too nice to do that to her, right?

She did pick up her pace as they got to the entry to their quarters, turning on one foot as she spoke, "Just give me 1," she held up a finger, "moment. I'll be right back." It wouldn't be long before she returned, albeit without the letter this time. Instead, she was holding what looked like...fabric? She offered it out to him. 3 of them - tunics that were quite obviously made for someone larger than the usual fare was.

She didn't make eye contact, but stared instead squarely at his chest, as if fearing judgement.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 am
Elzebuth snapped his jaws harmlessly at his brother, allowing himself to be drawn into the blue's endless optimism and positivity. We will be here. He affirmed, and, after hunkering down and wiggling for a moment, attempted to pounce upon Aurinkoth. Though he was steadily growing larger than his sibling, he was careful to make sure that his play wouldn't accidentally be too rough!

He didn't mind adjusting his stride so he could walk with Ichta, glancing briefly to make certain he wouldn't outpace her. Once reaching their women's quarters, he stopped abruptly as she held out a finger, nodding once to show that he understood. He didn't mind waiting, though he did awkwardly shift his weight from foot to foot, glancing to make certain that no one was coming down the hall. It might look questionable, with him looming outside...

The tension eased from his shoulders when she reappeared, his expression growing softer. He was content, whenever she was there. It wasn't something he really chose to think about much.... but his brows arched when he realized what she was holding. Tunics.... for him? His hands extended slowly, accepting the fabric even as his calloused fingers gently rubbed at it.

"You made these for me?" He asked quietly, eventually lifting his eyes to meet hers. Or, well, her face. Slowly, a smile began to pull at his lips, his gaze flickering back down to the clothing in his hands. "...I've never had clothes made just for me before." He said after some time, his fingers still wandering over the fabric almost reverently.

"....Thank you, Ichta."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 am
Aurinkoth, while he moved as if he was going to escape the pounce, allowed his brother to catch him, flopping unharmed onto his side. He pushed his feet up against Elzebuth's chest and snapped his own teeth back at him playfully. Not that he would have ever actually bitten Elzebuth, no, but it was part of the fun of play, right?

She held onto the tunics until she was sure he had them, then pulled her hands back into herself, idly running her fingers over each other. Finally, her eyes darted up to his face, watching the subtle changes in his expression as he looked over the garments she'd given to him. It made her chest bubble up with a joy that usually Aurinkoth tried to supply to her instead. He liked them. Her heart could have burst from her chest with that knowledge.

"I did. I...I have a few more I'm still finishing up - I've been waiting for more thread in the right color to come in, so it takes a little while and they're not going to be ready for a little bit, but...." she trailed off. She knew he wouldn't care that there was a delay. Shards, he probably wouldn't have cared if the thread she used didn't match exactly - but she did. He deserved the best from her, didn't he?

"I'll..I'll keep making them, so I hope you wear them."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:07 am
A deep rumble of pleasure stirred in Elzebuth's chest as he loomed over his 'pinned' brother, allowing those feet to push at his bulk. No, no actual biting--that would very much defeat the purpose! After a moment, the brown dramatically threw himself to the ground right beside Aurinkoth.... and may have started to push him across the ground with his own legs.

"You have more?" G'ran asked incredulously, still holding the ones he had as though they were a precious commodity. Another awkward smile threatened to spit his face, and he dropped his gaze to study the tunics carefully. "I will." He said, though looked back down after a moment with a frown.

"They're going to get dirty. I don't..." He hesitated. He sounded like a deadglow. Not wanting to wear clothes because they'd get dirty? Of course they would! But these... They were his. She'd made them for him.

"I'll wear them." He said more firmly after a beat, lifting his gaze to hold hers.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:14 am
Oh! Where were we going! Aurinkoth seemed absolutely delighted as they pushed along. He pushed back with his own legs, then bumped his head against his brother's. Because it was very hard to be too serious.

The fact he was worried about getting them dirty of all things was almost enough to laugh at - though she didn't. It was a novelty item, in some ways and Ichta really couldn't fault him for wanting to keep them that way. "Of course they will. One of my most worn blouses still has remnants of blood on the end of a sleeve," her fingers ran over the lingering mark on the side of her hand. That was all her fault, though.

As he looked back up at her, her heart practically caught in her chest and she couldn't help but smile, even if it made her look a little silly. He just....and she couldn't help it. Ichta liked it when he was happy and if she could do that for him? "I'll look forward to it."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:44 am
Elzebuth didn't know, but that wasn't the point! They were going somewhere, and he chuffed at Aurinkoth with amusement as their heads bonked together. With a 'threatening' rumble, Elzebuth nosed at his brother's long throat, huffing against it as though he was going to bite.

G'ran frowned sharply as he remembered, unable to stop himself from glancing at her hand. Healed, fortunately, but there was still signs of the injury. Well, as long as it didn't bother her, it was alright. "I'll take good care of them." He promised. The best he could, anyway, considering their line of duty.

He felt strangely pleased to receive an answering smile in turn, though he couldn't have explained why. Ichta just tended to be infectious, was all he could figure.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces