[PRP] Beetle Arcade [Floren + Makkah]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:54 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These prizes are actually kind of lame...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:59 pm

A change in routine was in order. Floren had found himself to be in possession of quite a bit of free time, and nothing to fill it with. Normally he'd keep himself busy with checking on his "patients," but he had none at the moment. Patrolling the area around his hive had yielded no results, either. Over the hours he'd spent wandering around, he and Skoli had made it all the way to Chittentown without realizing it until the bright lights of a few advertisements hit Floren's eyes. Well, he might as well see what was in town since he had nothing better to do.

Careful not to get into anyone's direct walking path, Floren made his way through the streets until he spotted something interesting... A beetle arcade, where anyone could come in and play to win prizes. He'd never done such a thing in the past, but it wasn't like he had anything better to do. Hopefully Skoli wouldn't be too confused by all the vibrations. He headed in to the building, then looked around for something to play. It seemed most of the machines were either occupied or broken, but a daywalker shooting game nearby caught his eye. He moseyed over and began examining the instructions. It seemed this game was better played by two trolls, but... surely he'd be able to play on his own? He began to search his pockets for change.

tenaciousgadabout
lemme know if i need to change anything ! ; )

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 am
Makkah had been looking for a change of pace. She’d gotten every mini-scalemate plush color the beetle arcades in NHC had and enough stick gum hands to attach one to each finger (though most were long since worn out by now.) With this in mind, she decided to take a trip to Chittentown in search of what would surely be authentic old-school arcades worthy of her prowess. Selling it to her lusus as a reflex exercise, the purpleblood was soon happily tromping through the dusty streets on the hunt for the next best shop to plug her beetles into.

Finding an old beat-up old beetle arcade, she knew by the dimming neon lights she had found her spot.

”Aw yeah, this is it. This place looks wicked old, it’s totally what I’m looking for!”

The girl dashed inside, gaping open-mouthed at this new set of arcade cabinets for her to conquer. Where to begin?! They had an original House of the Rainbowdrinkers, Denizen’s Lair, Strife-Out!, all these old-school games she couldn’t wait to sink her teeth into.

Then she noticed the Virtua Drone: Imperial Edition cabinet, complete with two holsters!! That was where she would start. As she pushed past other kids and packs of lone adults, she found another kid already set up at the machine, prepped to drop a beetle in. He seemed to be alone, so she sauntered up.

”Yo, what’s happenin’ kid? Mind if I throw down with ya?”

nepsah
Nope, you're good! let's play some definitely-not-virtua-cop together!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Floren had been just about to stick his beetle into the machine when the other troll approached. He blinked- startled but not enough to jump, and looked over. Purple - very purple, and also... very everything, really. High bloods sure were liberal with their colors, weren't they? Not wanting to be rude, he smiled and shook his head. "I don't mind, some assistance would be helpful. Floren Chadra, pleased to make your acquaintance." He looked away to slide the beetle into the machine, then picked up his weapon. "I'm afraid I won't be a very good partner, I've never played this game before. Have you?" If she had he'd just let her take the lead, after all it would be the polite thing to do.

tenaciousgadabout

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 pm
The purpleblood girl brought her hand up to her face in a peace sign with a giant smirk across her face.

”Jazzed to meet ta Floren, name’s Makkah Raynna!”

Makkah popped a beetle into the machine and readied her weapon. She pointed the reticle on the screen at the start button and fired. She giggled at his response.

”No way dude, we’re gonna make a hella good team, I can tell. You’re the rookie drone and I’m the veteran who’s two days away from retirement, ya dig?”

She moved through the settings and selected two-player for them, talking as she did so.

”Well, I’ve never played like, Imperial Edition or whatever. But I got skills when it comes to most rail-shooters so I think we’ll manage pretty alright.”

The loading screen was almost over. Using her best grizzled detective voice she joked,
”Lemme teach you a thing or two about what it’s like bein’ on the force, kid!”

nepsah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 am

What an interesting greeting. He couldn't help but smile a little more, as if her enthusiasm was starting to infect him. "I see, like the detective shows, right?" He adjusted his grip on the fake gun, making sure he had a good handle on it. That was important right? This game was probably too old to have realistic kickback settings, but it never hurt. "I have utmost confidence in you as a mentor." He couldn't help but laugh a little. It felt a little strange to be playing pretend with a stranger he'd just met, but she seemed to be really into it so what was the harm?

As the game began to load into the first level, he lined himself up to get a better aim at the screen and held his gun at the ready. "Oh wow, the graphics on this are...." He trailed off, trying to think of an adequate descriptor. "Really lacking. Ah!" He'd been too busy thinking of how he wanted to phrase the second part of his sentence to notice that an enemy had appeared on the screen- taken off guard, he fired the fake gun a few times without really taking his time to aim. Terrible.

tenaciousgadabout

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:55 am
She chuckled at his observation. Everyone nowadays was obsessed with hi-def graphics and didn't take the time to appreciate what these older games did for the medium! She knew better though, she clung to these clunky polygons with all her heart. As the kid finished talking, he yelped and Makkah's eyes darted to his side of the screen, firing blind. She hit his target for him, wiping the sweat from her brow as if the situation had been real.

”Gotta stay vigilant, rookie!” She gave him a wink as she held her gun up to her temple and pulled it forward in a makeshift salute from the gun's tip.

”And yeah, they're a bit clunky, and this is the newer version! But nothin' beats the classics.”

Their characters pressed forward, turning the sharp, flat turns of the winding hallways of the dilapidated hive searching for more rainbow drinkers.

”Now as we move forward, keep your eye on the onwes with wings, they move hella fast and if you don't get a headshot the first time they go postal and fly around the screen.”

nepsah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:11 am

"Right, vigilant. Good shot, I don't think I would have gotten that one." He nodded, breaking into a smile at her makeshift salute. He might've if he'd kept his cool... perhaps games like this could be useful for more than just entertainment... He'd have to watch his own reactions as the game progressed. "Is that so? I'm not very familiar at all with games of this variety, but that sounds worth checking out." Probably- if this one ended up being any fun, anyway.

He kept his gaze focused on the screen, watching for any signs of movement in the distance. "Head shots? Ah, okay- I will do my best." Fired off a few shots at a regular drinker that appeared on his side of the screen. The first few missed, but he was able to get it down in the end. Clearly his aim needed improving... It was too bad there wasn't an option for melee combat in the game. "Do you live around here, Makkah?" Well- since they were playing a game together he might as well get to know her a little better.

tenaciousgadabout

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas