• nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:15 am
-
OOC:

Thoughts:'An interesting place.'
Where: Outskirts, Barrens, With: Kaeden
Outfit: Sleeveless black vest and baggy black pants with black leather boots.

User Image
HP: 50/50

The moon priest listened calmly as he was replied by this man. It would seem they were of even mind as to not wanting to use offensive force now, so that was a good sign. Drathir allowed himself to relax some as they spoke, now he saw no immediate threat. "I was just curious if they were used for the same ends as we use them, but it would seem they either aren't ritualistic or they weren't used for so long, they faded." he explained and smiled a bit. On one hand it was a good thing really, it also meant they didn't harbor any negative energy that could turn volatile. The drow had seen those before and they were nothing like these.

When the other just stared at him for a while, Drathir had to admit it was making him a little uneasy, but he held his ground for now. They didn't show signs of an impending attack after all. When the man finally spoke again, Drathir felt relieved. Perhaps they were just uncertain how to approach strangers, it was a possibility. "Nice to meet you, Kaeden. I arrived around here just a few days ago. But it looks like the area got hit pretty badly by something." he spoke once they finished introductions and explaining the area.

"It seems I have you and your group to thank that I am still standing rather than joining others in a premature death." he added and smiled softly. It was a good thing then that he was drawn to this area, rather than the others. "The title raider is usually very negatively charged, I am surprised we are talking rather than fighting. But I am glad your group isn't like that. I'm more a healer than a fighter myself." he offered that bit of information. So far they were doing well were they not?

The drow didn't expect any trouble with Kaeden, but he was surprised when they offered him food and water back at the camp. Drathir glanced over at the camp that had given him an ominous feeling just before, but if what this man said was true that had been his imagination, probably fueled by the landscape surrounding them. "Hmm, those structures over there?" he asked as he pointed towards them on the horizon. "I wasn't sure what to make of them." he added before he thought for a moment and looked at the sky.

He still wasn't to certain about those structures, but it was true that he needed to refill his canteen and it didn't look like there was a river or suitable lake nearby to add more water. Not to mention the view of the moon would probably be very clear here too, unless the area knew sandstorms and one would pass them of course. "If it is no trouble, I'd be honored to accept your hospitality. My journey to get here took longer than I expected, I could use some place to refill my water and I haven't seen much water in the nearby areas or where I could reach safely with the few I have left." he replied, hoping it really was not a problem for anyone if he did.

Profile: Drathir Daevion'lyr

Reflett

-

[color=#80bfff]""[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:49 am
      User Image
      "Close your eyes for me."

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      HP: 40/40
      With: Drathir
      Where: The Outskirts.
      Feeling: Fine
      Wearing: Wastrel
      Current Quiver: 7 regular arrows, 2 poisoned arrows

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

While the Dark Elf’s assumption wasn’t wrong, it was quite the understatement. As far as Kaeden knew, the whole world had been like this ever since the great storm; which was a hundred years ago, so it made sense if Drathir didn’t know much of what had transpired. Kaeden could still hazily remember the events, he wasn’t as aware of himself back then, but anyone would remember a world-shattering event like that if they were there. Through the devastation though, what Kaeden secretly liked to focus on however, was how the land had healed since then. It was slight, but with the lowered population not plaguing the land as they used to, the land seemed to be attempting to thrive in its place.

Thankfully, he hadn’t seemed to scare off the newcomer with his words, that was certainly a plus at the very least. There certainly was a reason Kaeden wasn’t a diplomat. It was interesting to Kaeden that this guy was a healer. Healers were hard to come by in this day he’d found; and more often than not, you’d have to go about with makeshift medics or do it yourself first aid. It was a welcome sight to say the least, maybe if he decided to stick around, he could learn a thing or two from him.

With a small nod, Kaeden motioned for the Dark Elf to follow him. They had plenty of water back at the base, but Kaeden just hoped the ‘decor’ wouldn’t scare off the guy before he could get any. He could still remember his first reaction to the stuff. Over time though, he got used to it. “Well, be glad you’re not human. Had you been… Well, this meeting wouldn’t have ended quite as well.” Kaeden added with a small laugh. His words were unnervingly nonchalaunt, and out of place, given at this point he looked just like any other human as well.

“But, yeah, you’ve got the right of it. That structure’s our base, home to quite a few different types.” The base wasn’t too far from the spot he’d found Drathir at, but still a small walk away.

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
                                                        "We'll fix this world, one way or another."
                                                        Rhun Tolihzeh

Reflett

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:45 pm
-
OOC: Let me know if something needs changed, it is based off of your information part after all smile

User Image

--:::------::---------------------------------------::------:::---
                                                              Place: Outskirts, Barrens
                                                              Company: Kaeden
                                                              Outfit: Sleeveless black vest and baggy black pants with black leather boots
                                                              Weapon: One handed Sword
                                                              Status: Healthy, curious

A smile in gratitude was offered the man when they started to show Drathir the way to the camp. The drow followed calmly, for now letting fate decide whether or not he would arrive at a good place. He had made it this far while trusting on Elistraee's guidance, why start doubting Milady's intentions now? It was well possible she had led him here for a reason. Drathir listened as Kaeden spoke some more while they made their way to the camp, though the information was surprising.

"It sounds like you would kill a human on sight..." he started carefully, uncertain what kind of waters he had ended up in after all. "What have they done to deserve such a greeting?" he asked curiously. "I hope you can forgive me my ignorance on this subject, I am not even anywhere near my own home right now." Of course that was putting it mildly. Who knew how far that portal had transported him, or even where. The fact was that he was here right now, so it wouldn't be remiss of him to get to know the history and culture of this place.

While he waited for the other to answer the question, his pale colored eyes scanned the encampment before them. The closer they got, the more unsettling the view was on the structures. He already had a feeling that he wasn't dealing with a human when it came to Kaeden, if only by what he had said earlier, but if he hadn't these structures would sure have told him that. Once he was close enough he looked more closely at the material and to be honest it gave him the creeps.

"Just what is this stuff? It looks...wrong." he said the last word more as a question than a statement as he slightly tilted his head. "I'm not exactly sure how to put it." he added calmer than he felt right now. His voice had nothing judgmental, it was more curiosity in his voice. The male had never seen anything like it before, let alone that he knew you could build with it. As tempting as it was to feel the structure, Drathir refrained himself from doing that. He had no idea if it would bring unwanted reactions or anything.

Reflett

-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 pm
      User Image

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      With: Drathir
      Where: The Outskirts, outside the camp.
      Feeling: Fine, amused.

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

“Humans…” Kaeden seemed slightly distant as he began speaking, picking his words carefully as he had some rather passionate views on humans. It was hard for him not to be overtly cynical about the subject. “Humans are greedy. They’re only out to help themselves, and they don’t care about the costs.” Kaeden shook his head. He shouldn’t be preaching about that topic, especially with his own feelings on the matter being rather on the strong side. It’d be better for him “Erm, sorry I guess. It’s just a general thing in the Moit, most everyone here hates humans for their own reasons, and are non-humans themselves. It’s a sort of safe haven for us.”

Of course, Kaeden’s own reasons for going with the Moit were incredibly personal, as he assumed most member’s reasons were as well. The boss had a certain hospitality about him that would probably be useful in this situation, but he was out on the town right now, so he’d have to deal with this himself.

The familiar structures became closer and closer, until the two were finally just outside the camp. Kaeden looked around the familiar structures, it was always a welcome feeling to be home; even if he’d only been gone but a moment. With a glance back to Drathir, he examined how the Elf studied the structures. It was always amusing to watch new people react to it.

The Dark Elf’s question wasn’t unexpected, and Kaeden couldn’t blame Drathir for wondering. He couldn’t even blame the other for not knowing how to feel about the strange material. There was a certain aura this whole complex gave off; one of general fear and hopelessness from the structures themselves. As far as he knew, this was the only place where this sort of building material was used. It would probably be a shock to the Elf, but it was better to rip off the bandaid quickly. With an innocent smile, Kaeden looked up to the Dark Elf.

“It’s made of flesh. Living, human flesh, that is.”

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢

OOC:
                                                        Looks good! Shall we move to Moit Camp now? : D

Rhun Tolihzeh

Reflett

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:27 am
-
OOC: -

User Image

Outfit: Sleeveless black vest and baggy black pants with black leather boots
                                                              Weapon: One handed Sword
                                                              Status: Healthy, cautious
                                                              Theme: Moon Song

It didn't really surprise Drathir when the other fell silent for a while as they looked at the rune. It wasn't the first time it happened after all and with some people just being around Drathir was causing the same reaction. The drow never really questioned it, perhaps it was his elven blood that caused it, or the magic of their Moon Goddess but when Kaeden looked back and smiled again, Drathir smiled back and nodded when he heard the other's words. He really was lucky it had been Kaeden who spotted him and not someone else.

"I agree. You have been very kind to me, Kaeden. I, too, would prefer meeting you again without you directly needing my aid." he replied sincerely. Following the other's gaze he wasn't sure what they were looking for, he just knew that the city was about that direction after a glance at the sky for his compass. His eye sight was good, but not as amazing as Kaeden's. He looked back when they spoke again. A gentle smile played around his lips. "You take care as well. Hopefully we meet again in such peaceful times." he said as he nodded one last time.

The drow gave a wave to Kaeden before he turned and walked into the direction of the city, more cautiously this time after hearing the warnings of Kaeden. He wouldn't be in the vicinity of the camp for much longer and who knew what lurked beyond those perimeters, if Kaeden's words were anything to go by. And the man had sound very genuine, Drathir believed them. Warned as thus, he was a little more defended from what might be out there, unbeknownst to upcoming events which might have him return before long.

After all he had not been warned of an upcoming war, nor was it directly on his mind as he wandered through the Barrens once more. With his water refilled he would definitely make it to the city before it would run out. Cautiously he kept walking at a steady gait to reach the city as soon as he could. Of course he now knew that didn't mean he would be completely safe but it was most likely better than ending up having to sleep openly in the Barrens. That would leave him a lot more vulnerable.

[EXIT]

-

-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:32 am
-

User Image

Company: Unknown
                                                              Outfit: Black with red baggy pants, Black sleeveless shirt and Black with red sleevelike armwarmers.
                                                              Theme: Playing with Fire.

Akika stretched and yawned a bit. He had only escaped that dreadful seal very recently. The kitsune sighed as he looked back at where he had erupted from and shook his head a bit. This place was unfamiliar to him and it seemed no one was left here, but he was oblivious to any event that might have occurred between his sealing and now. Heck the only hint Akika had that told him anything had changed was when he looked around at the desolation he woke up in. The kitsune wasn't really thinking of anything else at the moment.

After orientating himself a bit, the kitsune started to walk around the area that was supposed to be familiar to him. But instead he recognized nothing. The village he was known with was gone, the nature that had surrounded them, gone. Same for the people that he expected to see upon being released. All of them seemed to have vanished. "Just what has happened here?" the young man muttered to himself as he lingered on the thought for a moment. He remembered his parents sealing him, but that was before the world changed to what it is now. Something must have happened while he was sealed, which might also have been his luck as he remained untouched.

Akika decided to look around and see if he could find out what happened. The area seemed huge and with very little variation. While he wandered the Barrens, the fire spirit had conjured a few flames and was playing with them in his hands and between his fingers. It would seem his skill with fire hadn't been effected. The kitsune smiled a bit as that meant not everything had change at least. The smile faded when he noticed unusual structures in the distance though and the fire vanished between his fingers as he doused the flames his head tilting slightly.

He had never seen those before either. Akika's ears moved forward in curiosity before he decided to approach the area. Along the way he noticed the symbols on the ground, but he merely glanced at them as he pressed on, his curiosity fully concentrated on what would seem a sort of camp while he came a little closer. The kitsune wondered what this all meant. Maybe he could ask the people at the camp to explain what happened. They would be company at the very least, something Akika liked a lot.

Profile: Akika

Reflett

-

[color=#e60000]""[/color]

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Reflett

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am
      User Image

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      With: Another intruder.
      Where: The Barrens.
      Feeling: Wary, healthy.

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

Kaeden had only been gone from his post a moment. A shame that in this form he needed food and water just like any other mortal, but that was what he got for choosing it over any other form. With a newly refilled canteen at his side, he slowly made his way back to his post. He decided to take his time heading back, because what were the chances of two intruders in one day? Unlikely. However, on his way back, a sudden burst of faint energy ran through him, causing the energy-sensitive being to stop in his tracks.

Now, he had no idea what sort of energy just ran through him, it was far too fleeting to get a good reading on, but it certainly startled him. They could be under attack! Without a second thought, Kaeden ran to his post on the slightly elevated area just outside the base and ripped off his goggles. His eyes scanned the immediate area, and struggled to find the source of the energy at first. It wasn’t until he saw the light from fire that he was able to focus in on it completely. It dumbfounded Kaeden. It was just another person wandering around in the barrens, just as Drathir had done. What was with these people? Did they not know better?

From what he could tell, the intruder was a spirit of sorts. Kaeden hated seeing things like that, too broad of a spectrum. At least seeing the fire in its hands confirmed it was a fire spirit of sorts, which narrowed the possibilities. From what he could tell, he had fluffy ears and red markings on his face. Kaeden racked his brain, trying to remember fire spirits with animal qualities, but came up empty. Letting out a sigh, Kaeden replaced the goggles over his eyes, slinging his bow over his shoulder once more. It wasn’t human, so he had to go and greet it anyways. Hell, maybe this one would stick around.

The being slid down from his elevated post, this time simply casually walking towards the intruder. He wasn’t going to waste his energy jogging like he did last time. It took a bit longer than last time, but eventually; Kaeden made it within earshot of the intruder. Though, this time he kept his distance a bit. The fire worried him a bit. His hands were in his pockets, but Kaeden looked ready to act should the intruder try anything.

“Alright, that’s close enough, guy. Who are you and what are you doing here?”

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:28 am
-
OOC: Well Akika def doesn't know any better xD He just woke up in a destroyed world! (Also got called for dinner so brb.

User Image

Company: A stranger
                                                              Outfit: Black with red baggy pants, Black sleeveless shirt and Black with red sleevelike armwarmers.
                                                              Status: Healthy, curious

Akika had been approaching the area quite casually. He never did try to rush anything before and he wouldn't now. All the while he wondered what might have caused the devastation he saw all around. It hadn't been done by fire it seemed, because there were no traces of ashes or burned through trees or anything. Just what could have caused this wipe-out, the kitsune had no idea. Last he remembered from this world was a lively and plenty of green memory. Now all he saw was brown and rock by the looks of it.

The fire spirit stopped for a moment and tapped the ground with his heel, but it didn't loosen much, it was odd. He was about to continue his wander towards what looked like a camp, but Akika stopped when he noticed someone coming his way coming from the same area he was headed for. The kitsune tilted his head and his ears moved forward once more as he watched the person coming towards him. They seemed to not try and attack him however, so Akika decided to head towards them to close some distance.

They came from the same place he was curious about after all. Once they were in earshot and stopped, Akika thought it wise to follow the example and stopped as well. As much as he liked to play jokes on people, he wasn't stupid and one thing was certain, he had woken up in an entirely different world than the one he got sealed in, or so it seemed. Yet Akika knew he couldn't travel between dimensions. It didn't take the other long to address them, though their tone caused the kitsune to be on edge a little.

They didn't sound very friendly right now. "There is no need to react like that." the kitsune complained softly before he sighed. Everything around here was so different it didn't even make sense to the fire spirit. "My name is Akika and I live here. Or I did, before I got sealed." he replied, muttering the latter bit softly, though it was audible. Even if it had been his parents, this had just been unnecessary to be sealed for so long and to wake up all alone at that. "Who are you? I don't remember ever seeing your face before. Let alone such an empty world, it's enough to give even me the creeps." he mirrored the question.

After all from Akika's view, this man was the intruder if any of them, not him. His village had been here and his family, their people. And he definitely never saw this person before. But then he wasn't sure how long he had been stuck in that seal either. The kitsune looked over the one before him, noting the other had his hands in his pocket. At least they weren't trying to go at him with anything, that was a relief as the fire spirit so hated having to fight. "Where did the trees go? The village, the people? This place looks like it hasn't seen activity in years." he worded his questions, though not entirely sure he would get them answered.

Reflett

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Reflett

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:27 pm
      User Image

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      With: Akika.
      Feeling: Wary, healthy.

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

Kaeden looked over the strange person, taking note of his appearance. He certainly wasn’t the strangest looking person Kaeden had ever seen. Some sort of animal person perhaps? That wouldn’t explain the elemental and spiritual energy he gave off. Figured Kaeden couldn’t quite place what he was. With a sigh, Kaeden shifted his weight onto one foot, placing a hand on his hip. This guy certainly seemed like a new face, confused and lost almost. It was almost amusing to see. It certainly matched up with Akika’s account of being sealed away.

Now, Kaeden was old. He’d been around the Barrens since the Great Storm and before that… Elsewhere. So, he didn’t really know of anything in the Barrens before the storm. If there was a village here once Kaeden had no idea, but even so; it was clear what would have happened to it. “Name’s Kaeden. Look, I don’t know much about seals and stuff, but if there was anything living around here when you were sealed, then it’s all dead now. It’s been over a hundred years since anything living’s been around here except rabbits.” Kaeden’s gaze remained on Akika, but his sight looked around them. He’d never really thought about it, but the only thing that really changed in the barrens was the camp itself, continuing to grow and expand like the seed it was meant to be.

It was rough, but since there wasn’t any light way to tell someone that everyone they knew was dead, it was better to just rip the band-aid off immediately. Kaeden, scratched the back of his head, frowning,“About a hundred years ago, everything got destroyed in the Great Storm. Sorry to tell you this, but everyone from then is probably dead.” Kaeden watched for Akika’s reaction, letting out a small sigh.

Kaeden couldn’t help but feel a bit bad for Akika, it must be rough to find out so suddenly. Kaeden hadn’t had anyone close to him before the Great Storm, in fact. He was more glad than anything that it had all but wiped out most humans. The few snippets he could remember from before that event were of a beautiful world filled with horrible people.

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:25 pm
-

User Image

HP: 120/120

Status: Healthy, sad

This was all passing strange to the kitsune. The world was so different, yet it had to be the one he experienced before he was sealed. After all as powerful as his people were, none of them could teleport between worlds or dimensions. It was the only place it could be, yet it seemed it was not. For the fox spirit to be sealed in lush green, only to wake in a barren wasteland, it was all a little incomprehensible for him. The kitsune scratched behind his ear a bit as he listened to the explanation given by the other, after taking note of their name. Still he startled a bit when he heard the timespan he had been sealed up.

That was seriously way to long for just a little mischief. But than he couldn't imagine his parents doing that to him willingly, not like this. Something must have happened to them. And fair enough, the other man's reasoning sounded about the only thing it could have been. "Hundred years since everything was wiped out from this place?" he repeated with a frown. The kitsune drooped his ears a bit as he realized just what that meant. Not just the world as he knew it was gone, but so was his kin, their people, their livelihood...his parents.

The fire spirit looked around them again at the wasteland around him. Kaeden spoke of a storm, but just what kind of a storm could have caused all this? For a moment Akika stood dumbfounded. Deep inside he felt really sad his people were gone, but at the same time he felt utterly confused and perhaps a little curious. "Last time I sat eyes on this place it was lush and green." he said softly and sighed. Granted he had been sealed for a much longer time than the period of the storm and after.

They had still been way back in a time akin to ancient Era. "Everything and everyone is gone?" It was hard to imagine. This place had been so alive back then, it was hard to understand just one event could wipe it all out. But when the vulpine realized he had spoken little else but pretty much acting like a parrot, he shook his head. This was not a time to be falling into a dark mood. He was still standing here with another and he didn't really want to make them wait to long, lest he would find out how they matched up in battle.

If anything, Akika would want to avoid that. "I see." he first said softly, wanting to recollect himself before he trusted his voice to say much more. Of course it had been ages since he had seen them all, quite literally, but that didn't mean he hadn't loved his parents. "What is this then?" he asked once he regrouped himself enough and nodded at the camp that had called to his initial curiosity. It hadn't been there when he last walked this earth and area, it was completely new to him.

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Reflett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm
      User Image

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      Feeling: A bit bad for Akika, healthy.

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

Man, Kaeden did not envy the guy just finding out that the world ended. Kaeden could tell it weighed heavily on Akika’s shoulders, and who could blame him? Kaeden didn’t know about his personal life, or anything that led up to him being sealed away, but it couldn’t have been a nice story. Kaeden could still remember what little time he spent in the period before the Great Storm. Though, he had few happy memories of that time. He tended not to dwell on the past though, or he’d get too angry to continue forward. Unfortunately, Kaeden wasn’t the best at comforting people, or even just speaking in general. Earlier with Drathir was a rare occurrence where he didn’t make the conversation terribly awkward… Except with the whole telling him what the furniture was made of. That certainly put a bit of a damper on things.

Internally, Kaeden felt a bit calmer around this guy. Now knowing that he was just some lost pup and not some enemy out to destroy them certainly helped with that. It somewhat reminded Kaeden of his past self as well, stuck wandering the wastes alone, hiding from any sort of contact until he met Siere, and eventually joined the Moit. Coming from experience, being alone in this world was not easy. Kaeden didn’t want Akika to have to go through something like that.

Once it seemed like Akika had snapped to, Kaeden tilted his head and listened to what the red haired man asked. Kaeden certainly didn’t mind waiting for him to speak, given what Akika was probably going through right now by his judgement. He’d let the stranger take as much time as he needed. Unless he tried anything though, then Kaeden would be on him in a heartbeat. Kaeden turned and followed Akika’s nod, right back up to the base. They really weren’t that well hidden. Though, he supposed that was partially by design. Kaeden turned his gaze back to Akika once more.

Pointing back over his shoulder with his thumb, Kaeden spoke plainly, “That’s our base. Basically we’re a just group of non-humans who take care of eachother.” It was a gross oversimplification, but it would do for now. They could leave rival factions and other lessons for another day. “That being said,” Kaeden spoke up a bit, walking towards Akika non-threateningly. “If you need a place to stay, or supplies or something, you’re welcome there.” He stopped in front of the Kitsune, offering a hand. “What do you say? Need some help?”

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 am
-

User Image

The vulpine spirit forced himself to think of other subjects right now. He wasn't quite ready to accept the entirety of his situation. This certainly was a rude awakening though. If everything really got wiped in this storm the other spoke of and nothing was left alive... Once more Akika forced the thoughts back in his mind as he focused his attention on Kaeden's information. So others had ended up setting up camp in this place as it were, when the others were no longer here. Originally they would have been given hell by his people if they had tried to take the land. But since everything had been wiped out by the storm the land had been no one's when they arrived.

Which kind of made Akika a stranger in the land he had known so well. Akika was drawn from his thoughts when the other spoke again and walked closer to him. The kitsune's ears moved forward in slight curiosity what they were planning but when Kaeden stopped and offered his hand, the fire spirit understood as he once more let his eyes wander towards the structures up ahead. It wasn't like he had a place left to call home. The kitsune looked over his shoulder at the land once more. If it really had all been wiped during the storm he wondered if that possibly meant he was the last of his family left, something he didn't really want to believe. Maybe a few had escaped and maybe they would meet eventually.

It didn't take to long before Akika looked back at the other. They were waiting for an answer after all and there wasn't really another place he could go at this moment. Kaeden seemed friendly enough, perhaps the others wouldn't be bad either. And it would mean company for him as well. Akika hesitated for a short moment but then he answered Kaeden's gesture, like most fire spirits his hand was warm, it always was even if outside would have been freezing cold. If Akika would ever feel cold to touch that would be a bleak situation for the vulpine. "Thank you." he said softly at the offer and would wait until they would lead the way to the camp. If this place was taken over by strangers, they might take it a wrong way if he would just approach like that, he understood that much.

It would seem he had a lot of new things to learn in the near future. The world was no longer the one he left behind and even so it would seem he was sealed for so long it would be impossible that the world didn't have new discoveries or inventions he never heard of before. That prospect was terrifying and intriguing all at once. But it would also be the first time he wouldn't be under the guidance of his parents, whom had always been there until now if he ever did need advice. Though the thoughts didn't stop to fly around in his mind, he made great effort to not look back behind him again for now. His ears remained in a slight drooped position however.

Reflett

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Reflett

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:13 pm
      User Image

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      Feeling: A bit bad for Akika, healthy.

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

Kaeden smiled softly, shaking Akika’s hand. He was surprised at just how warm the other’s hand was. Though, he really shouldn’t have been, as he had seen the other’s aura was elemental in nature earlier. As the other accepted his offer, Kaeden couldn’t help but feel a small pang of pity in his chest for the guy. First he found out he’d been locked away for at least a hundred years, now he was going to have to stay in a camp made of humans. Whether or not that would bother Akika remained to be seen, but Kaeden hoped it wouldn’t too badly. It was hard to say, since Kaeden had become so desensitized to it.

Quietly gesturing to Akika to follow, Kaeden turned and headed for the camp. It wasn’t a bad walk, but Kaeden felt like he’d walked it quite a bit that day. From walking Drathir to the camp, and now Akika with the same; Kaeden was starting to feel a bit drained energy-wise, which was a pretty big deal for his kind. Frowning, Kaeden thought back a bit. His kind… What was he again? They had a name for it back where he came from, but he wondered if there was any way to speak it phonetically using any human form of communication. There wasn’t really a translation for a language based on energy and feeling, was there? They did have a spoken language, but it was nothing that a human body… or even anyone he’d met would be able to replicate.

It had been so long since he’d seen or connected with any of them, his memories were getting hazy. He was actually sort of startled he didn’t remember more. Had he the ability to return to them, he would but… He’d forgotten. In honesty, he didn’t even know if they were still around, or if the Storm had also affected them. He really had no idea if it could or not, given what they were. To keep from forgetting more, he’d have to write what he knew down later. It could wait, they had company after all, right?

Realizing he’d been a bit lost in his own thoughts, Kaeden glanced back to Akika. He could tell by the other’s ears that he wasn’t feeling the best, but Kaeden didn’t really know what to say to comfort him. Perhaps taking his mind off of it would help? Kaeden thought for a moment, before asking cautiously, “So… I can tell you’re some sort of spirit, and are all fire aspected and stuff. But I can’t tell what you are. It’s on the tip of my mind, but I can’t quite place it.”

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:08 pm
-
OOC: I hope this works! Replying with a headache and tired mind lol. Let me know if you need more and I'll add to it some.

User Image

Status: Healthy, a little sad, curious

When Kaeden gestured for him to follow, the kitsune took a deep breath to regain control over his own emotions and then silently followed the man to the camp. It would seem his current company didn't mind to walk silently however, as they also didn't speak. Akika used the time to allow his thoughts run rampant while he followed the other as the structures slowly grew in size. Going by the accounts of Kaeden, he had been sealed for a very long time, and that was merely the time from the storm they mentioned, something that happened after the kitsune was sealed away.

There was absolutely no way for him to know just how long it had been in it's entirety. It had been a lot to digest at once, the world, the storm, his people his family, Whatever his sealed time had been, one thing was for certain: He had no one left and on top of that no home. The vulpine spirit may not be able to guess the other's thoughts, but that was exactly what he was: a lost puppy. A inaudible sigh escaped Akika and he looked up again and ahead of them. It looked like they were taking their time to get to the camp. Perhaps Kaeden was lost in thought too, or perhaps wondering what to do about the red-haired fox.

Akika's ears perked a little when Kaeden suddenly spoke again, just ahead of him, and the kitsune raised his gaze a little so he looked at the man while they asked their question, his ears moving back and forth a bit. Akika tilted his head a bit when he heard the question. Maybe his kind was more rare now than he held possible for the moment. "I'm a kitsune, from the fire kin." he replied, his voice somewhat tame right now. "I lived here with my family and we were all fire elementals." he added as his ears moved curiously towards Kaeden. "What about you?" he asked curiously, welcoming the small distraction from his heavy mind.

Reflett

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Reflett

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:51 pm
      User Image

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢
      Feeling: Melancholic, but hopeful. Healthy.

↣────⚅─⚄─⚃─⚂─⚁─⚀────↢

A kitsune. That made sense. Kaeden wondered how he hadn’t been able to put it together before. The fire, the fox-like qualities. Kaeden was sure he’d seen one before, weird he didn’t realize it sooner. It also explained why Akika looked so much like a kicked puppy. Foxes were canines, right? Kaeden still felt bad for him. There wasn’t much Kaeden could do though. With a knowing nod, he was about to return to walking in silence, until he heard Akika ask the same of him.

Kaeden hesitated. Though he didn’t stop walking, his mind seemed to stutter at the question. The obvious answer he could go with was human, since he looked like one as long as he kept his goggles on. Though, given the camp they were about to walk into, that wouldn’t fly for very long, and Kaeden didn’t want to lie to the Kitsune. Given what Akika had been through, Kaeden didn’t want to add on to his worries. … But, it was hard to say, especially with Kaeden’s memory failing him at the moment. Kaeden brought a hand to his chin in thought, then slowly reached for his goggles and pulled them down around his neck once more.

Strange, swirling patterns within his eyes seemed to shift and turn until they settled as Kaeden glanced up at the sky. His voice was a bit different, sounding more unsure of himself, “I’m… A… -̵҉͏-̸̷̧͢͡-̡́͡-͞-͟-̴̛-̨́͘͟͡? That probably doesn’t help.” The single word seemed to shift Kaeden’s entire voice. It became a voice that didn’t seem right coming from his lips and was completely indecipherable. Kaeden seemed to pause again, trying to think of how best to phrase it. “My kind are… from a parallel plane to this one? Sort of like...”

Suddenly Kaeden’s eyes widened. He quickly shook his head and put his goggles back on over his eyes. It was a bad idea to tell people about what he was. Really bad. He couldn’t trust this stranger. Kaeden never even told those closest to him. Given his past, how he’d been used, and what people did to him. He could never...

Startled from his thinking, he chuckled a bit awkwardly in an attempt to keep Akika from feeling badly. “It’s sort of hard to explain, and I have a bit of a hard time remembering, sorry Akika.” Kaeden looked towards the camp, a small, genuine smile reappearing on his face, “Either way, this is my home now.” The camp was getting closer, and Kaeden felt a bit better knowing that.

↣────⚀─⚁─⚂─⚃─⚄─⚅────↢

Rhun Tolihzeh

Barrens - Eastern Territory

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces