Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Promotions in the Cards [Illa, G'er and dragons]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waiver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:19 pm
G'er needed a Wingsecond. He'd been a Wingleader for a few Turns and with the sudden departure of one of his seconds, he was in the market to hire. High Reaches was rather predictable regarding the pool from which one could promote. Thankfully the choice was made simple – one particular individual has impressed him with their ability, experience, finesse, and personal fire. It was also as non-traditional a pick as he could go without completely endangering his career which also gave him a bit of a thrill; he liked to play for everyone but not everyone held the same views, especially the current Weyrleader.

He smiled to himself as he checked his dress, formal with his knots proudly displayed. It was a dark uniform tailored perfectly to his form and combined with his slicked back hair, he cut an imposing figure. This was a mission he was about to set forth on and he wanted to make as good an impression as possible on Illa. The permissions had been granted, the paperwork was in order... all that was left was for him to approach her with the offer. Hopefully she'd accept – it would be a mighty blow to his career prospects if she refused... and he wasn't opposed to earning Flightleader or even Weyrleader rank in the future.

Do not fret so much, Mine. Your decision is sound and the candidate worthy. Brown Fenrith is a capable dragon. Ironith shifted on his weyr ledge to peer into the smaller rooms within, eyes whirling with blue and a little of yellow from the anxiety that bled from G'er into the bronze.

“Thanks Ironith... I know. It's still... it's the sort of thing that I can't be sure of until it's happened.” He walked over and patted the bronze's nose. “I should get going. You'll know as soon as I do!”

G'er patted the bronze's nose once more before making his way down the weyr corridors and into a common room with some private alcoves used for meetings. He slid into place, settling himself behind the table, the scroll of affirmation set to his side. Ironith, could you let them know I'm ready?

Fenrith, Mine would like to speak to Yours. He is in the common room waiting for Yours. Ironith's tone was serious but not dire, summoning a rider to a meeting.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:26 am

Illa had been, as it happened, right in the middle of a drill. When Fenrith explained to Siloth that they had been called to speak to Ironith's, however, it had been a little too easy to get out of that duty. The Brownrider frowned, finding that simple victory to be a little too... quick. As if perhaps Siloth had known of something she had not. But that was not important. Please tell your G'er that Illa will be there shortly, Fenrith said, obliging his rider by carrying her from the training grounds to the ledge nearest the meeting place. 'The common room' had been a vague direction, but fortunately they knew well enough where that was.

When his rider had disembarked, Fenrith gave Ironith a warble of greeting, settling down to sun himself for the time being. Illa took the corridor with long, sweeping strides, shoulders straight. There had been no mention of G'er's intentions, but he was a Wingleader. His summons undoubtedly was of some urgency. There was a slight delay as she moved past a group of Candidates in the hallway, no doubt on their way to some chore. The mercenary strode past them and to the correct door.

The rider who sat waiting for her was dressed to the nines, which only made the situation all the more amusing. Wingleader Z'tir insisted that his riders drill in their full Thread-fighting regalia, ensuring that they would be prepared for the extra weight. So pure coincidence had Illa in her rank knots, though somewhat less presentable than the waiting party. A faint, sardonic smirk crossed her lips briefly before they resumed their usual stoic expression. "You summoned me, Wingleader?" she asked as she sit down across from him. Now his motivations might soon be revealed. She would wait.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Waiver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:21 am
Ironith warbled in return, eyes whirling excited colours as he looked his comrade over. Thank you for coming so quickly. I trust we did not interrupt anything too important? There was a hint of a smile in his mental voice as he addressed Fenrith. Mine, Illa is approaching.

Thanks Iro, G'er responded, his gaze lifting from the table to the entryway. He took a few steadying breaths and sat up straight, gloved hands resting upon the table surface. When Illa entered, he spotted her immediately and watched with interest as she approached. She was fully uniformed and looked a little mussed, likely from training or drills – a good sign.

She sat before him and he held a hand out in greeting, “Thank you for your prompt response. As you know, Tsunami Wing has lost a handful of riders recently. I've called you here today to make a request.” He reached down beside him and picked up the scroll, leaving it bound closed by the ribbon braided from Tsunami colours, “You have proven yourself loyal, capable, and hard working. Beyond that, you bring a fresh perspective to your duties that I admire. Your dedication has not gone unnoticed.”

He pushed the scroll forward, setting it formally before her, “And so, it is with pride and hope that I formally invite you to accept this promotion offer to Wingsecond of Tsunami Wing, reporting to me. All is in place, you need only review the scroll of affirmation and sign it.” Formality delivered, G'er's expression was smiling and proud.

Fated Fable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 am

A drill, which was quite important, but no doubt we can make up for the missed time later, Fenrith said, not wanting to under value the importance of attending each drill with one's wing. There was no censure in his tone, however, when he spoke. His eyes whirled happy blues, his large form stretched out upon the ledge in relaxation. Until he was told otherwise, he would enjoy the warmth such a position provided.

Folding her hands on the table and leaning forward slightly, Illa listened to what G'er had to say. Whatever she might have anticipated, it was not this. Her brow rose slightly, but otherwise she showed no outward response. "Thank you, sir." This was most unexpected. Maybe in Western it would have been standard for a female Brownrider to receive such a promotion; in High Reaches it was not uncommon to see male Brownriders as Wingseconds. But Illa?

Her eyes scanned the scroll as she unrolled it. Everything listed was fair... more than fair. All of the usual expectations. This was a formality, but one in which going through the motions didn't feel quite so... canned. He had undoubtedly given the matter due consideration. Although it bothered her on some level to put another rider's prospects at risk, she was not going to say no to the promotion when offered. She had never been in the business of turning down an advantageous position. "I accept." So saying, she signed her name, no doubt signing away his best opportunity to achieve his own ambitions.

Waiver

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Waiver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm
He schooled his expression into something neutral and impassive as she looked over the scroll. It was a standard promotion offer... no allowances or silly adjustments. She was expected to perform the same as any Wingsecond.

When she signed, G'er retrieved the scroll and smiled broadly at her, trying to hide the relief but not quite failing. It was evident he wanted her as his Second. “Welcome to Tsunami Wing, Wingsecond Illa. I look forward to flying with you. There is a matter of some paperwork and division of duties, and I would like to introduce you to the wing at the next drill. If anybody gives you flack, let me know but I suspect you're more than capable of handling yourself.”

It is done, G'er shared privately with his dragon, unable to hide the release of tension from his mental voice, She accepted!

Ironith rumbled in acknowledgement, shuffling so as to complete a draconic version of a bow, And so we fly together, friend. Welcome.

“Do you have any questions?” He sat back, his posture much less stiff now that the difficult part was complete, “Your knots are being made and will be delivered within the next sevenday. I expect to be dining with the wing tomorrow evening, you are welcome to attend with us – we unwind together in our off duty time.”
Fated Fable

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff