Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:52 pm
Phaedrath relayed the questions in turn to Alosha as the green began to circle Ironith, trilling sweetly at him in the downtime. I thought it felt good, but I let dearest Mine handle the harder work. Did it look nice at all? Phaedrath would have been disappointed if she put on a bad show for their first few attempts at the pattern. The blonde tapped a knuckle against her lower lip thoughtfully as she considered her thoughts on the maneuver.

It requires decent memorization and in a group you don't want to be thrown off by someone who can't be in coordination of at least a few seconds or else you may end up crashing into each other. That won't allow much time for on-the-spot adaptation if you are flying wing-to-wing with another dragon - and may show some difficulty for someone who isn't entirely and completely aware of theirs and what space they take up around them. I won't say impossible, but I'd say you want at least three to five turns of experience flying with a dragon to try it. So not something for the new blood. By which she meant the Weyrlings who were barely even getting to the point of learning to be seated on their lifemates and getting a feel for being in a saddle. If you group up riders with similar experience and get them used to practicing this together, it'd be doable.

Phaedrath dutifully relayed the train of thought, seemingly pleased by how thoroughly Alosha was considering the entire thing. She expected no less from the woman.

Waiver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 am
Ironith trilled in kind, slipping a little closer. The bronze was not a liar, had difficulty in sugar coating truths, and rumbled thoughtfully, The first attempt was rough... you were clearly adjusting to the material. He rumbled again, bobbing his head side to side as he flapped a few times, The second attempt was smoother, though. Better lines, tighter corners... but there is room for improvement – greater precision. I'm sure you're able to do so! The other attempts were just warming up.

G'er shook his head as his dragon critiqued the green – it was gentle, yes, but they were working so the flirtation seemed to have taken a back seat. He only hoped it wouldn't sour the green to the bronze... greens could be fickle creatures. When Ironith relayed the information from Alosha, G'er set his lips. Precision was key then, and familiarity with your comrades. That was heartening! Those were among the pillars with which he approached leading a wing. Some among the Tsunami would also find it a personal challenge to meet and overcome. It was worth pursuing, certainly.

Excellent. I imagine no dragons larger than an average blue would be suitable for this... Whites may be particularly well suited to blitzing this move, they have a good head of their location generally and probably won't take down another dragon if they collide. G'er was already building roster lists for the experimental phase of the training. You're welcome to bring this to your wing as well. A bit of friendly competition will help drive riders to improve as well. Thank-you Alosha. There was genuine gratitude in his mental voice that Ironith managed to capture an echo of.

demon_pachabel

Waiver

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 pm
Fortunately for Ironith, Phaedrath's perfectionism didn't mind. I'd wonder why yours needed us at all if I could do it so easily! She ducked to glide under him and Alosha barely fought off the urge to reach up and touch her fingers to the bronze's belly. Would he have been offended? Would it have likely caused a fuss? A gentle Don't from Phaedrath served as her only self control in that moment.

For what whites we still have, I imagine they and small greens would have the easiest time with this. Alosha agreed. Phaedrath was definitely on the smaller side of average for a green which may have been why it had been easy enough for them to try their hands at. The occasional small brown may have a fair chance at it, but this would most definitely be something for the smaller ones to put to use. Trading in an out will also be a consideration as stamina breaks. The mention of her Wingleader sent Alosha into laughter and in an odd echo, Phaedrath also bugled with amusement.

As sweet and charming as it would be to bring such back with us, Yisketh's would hardly listen to a greenrider. Unfortunately so. Perhaps you could offer it to him on our behalf? Not that Alosha was particularly ashamed of her position - after all, she had earned her reputation and what little respect she could by maintaining equipment for Goldriders - but there were some who simply wouldn't look past that. But we were happy to help. There was a mirthfulness to the statement that Phaedrath trilled at, knowing fully it was a gentle jab at her.

Waiver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am
You were chosen for your skill and reliability Ironith responded pleasantly, You've a reputation for quality performance. The grace with which Phaedrath glided so close beneath him impressed the bronze and he curled his head under to watch, eyes whirling very briefly through blue-purple before settling into his usually blue-green.

G'er was watching his dragon with a bit of a smile, the bronze was ever a giant flirt and fell so easily into affection. He knew it was his partner's way of drawing the rider into closer relationships lest G'er forget to be something other than friend or leader... but he did worry sometimes if the bronze forgot happiness for his own sake was important too. A quiet rumble in back of his mind dismissed the fear as the bronze arched his neck around to peer at his rider.

The wingleader chuckled, Perhaps the blues before the browns, Alosha. You become ambitious so quickly! And thankfully managing endurance levels is one thing I'm good at – it's a giant puzzle, at the end of the day, a giant lethal puzzle. He sighed. It was one of the reasons he took so much care to get to know his riders – the dragons he could observe, the people though... their impact on the quality of performance was much more difficult to track. State of mind, sense of belonging, it all effected performance.

G'er was glad when neither Alosha nor Phaedrath could see the flush bloom across his cheeks as they laughed. He sometimes forgot that others were not so open to the opinions of the smaller dragonriders. It irked him but moments like this just emphasized the importance of his self-determined position and he nodded, I will speak to him regarding the matter. Thank-you. G'er didn't give his word lightly, it was one of the things he was proud of, and the tone of seriousness in his and Ironith's voices leant weight to statement.

Ironith bugled loudly then, a happy sound full of mirth, And we are happy that you helped! We were not disappointed. May we call on you again in the future? G'er eyed his dragon – he hadn't asked for that... or the saucy flick of the bronze's tail along Phaedrath's wing as the bronze shifted away, starting an arch back towards the Weyr. The wingleader sighed, You're such a flirt, Ironith.

The dragon merely rumbled in proud acknowledgement.

demon_pachabel

Waiver

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas