Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Testflight - G'er, Alosha and dragons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waiver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:28 pm
G'er was knee deep in paperwork and an idea had struck him, hard. The Wingleader was reviewing drill plans and pattern organization, trying to decide where his attention would be focused. He had seconds he could depend on and it was just a matter of bringing out the best in every wingrider... and that meant playing to the strengths of the various colours.

For greens, that meant agility, flexibility, and adaptability. How best could he utilize those powerful traits to lock down the skies against Thread? The archives had carefully preserved wing plans from ages past and he'd been pouring over some of the more complex options... a few had stood out as intriguing but the sort of acrobatics his large bronze just wouldn't be able to pull off.

This meant, of course, that he needed a volunteer or two to test out the maneuver to see if it was something that could be done in singles, tandem, and more without needlessly endangering the group.

Browns and Bronzes were the steady net, the blues and greens were the precision offense... but did this ask too much? A twining, looping, twisting array of dragons it covered nearly 360 degrees of the airspace to minimize exposure threat.

Scroll in hand, a determined look upon his face, he set out to find a volunteer while his bronze sunned himself in the Weyrbowl proper, front-and-center as usual. Ironith had insisted on being oiled before heading over to pose and preen like the specimen he was. Burnished bronze, he had a warm yellow undertone that almost rivaled a gold's fine hide. It amused G'er how much his dragon postured like that.

It was like watching a fisherman with the bait set and the line cast, awaiting the first bite.

He had a person in mind, a dependable sort... a green rider to boot and a valuable source of feedback. But... where was she?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:29 am
My dear Alosha, I know you were not half this dirty this morning. What were you doing? Phaedrath had been very careful about making sure hers had looked perfect heading out of their weyr that morning, and it had felt like no time had passed at all before the freckle-ridden woman had gotten into something that had ruined all of the green's careful guidance. Tunnel snakes happened, Phaedrath. Alosha replied simply, though she did start through the motions of patting the dirt off of her tunic - though truly, she seemed to always wear the same mottled browns for perhaps a very specific reason and it made very little difference to the color, dirt or not.

Still, the gesture seemed to appease the green who sat on her ledge, looking out over the Weyrbowl with interest. It took no thoughts from the green for Alosha to know exactly what it was Phaedrath had spotted out there. Is there a handsome Bronze out there catching your eye? she asked, crossing to the ledge to gently pat a far-too-dusty hand against her green's side. Phaedrath prickled briefly, eye flashing red with offense as she turned her head back to her's. Ironith is out. Can you see him? she said, looking out into the bowl again. Do you want to go say hello? Alosha knew it was a fool's question. Her green, insistent on only the best, would love to say hello to every bronze that graced her presence, even for a moment.

She'd been required to wash her hands and change tunics (SIGH) before climbing up on Phaedrath's shoulders, but once Alosha was settled (why she was being brought along for the ride, Alosha had never really questioned) the pale-colored green (had her spare dark markings not been obviously green, she likely would have been mistaken for white) fell from her ledge to easily circle down to the Weyrbowl.

Ironith, your sheen is particularly striking today. Phaedrath called and even once her feet touched the sand, there was no opportunity for the young woman on her back to maybe have a chance to get down. Alosha simply resigned herself to this for the time being.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:37 am
G'er had disappeared into the tunnels, heading towards the mess hall – it was around meal time, perhaps Alosha would be taking her lunch? He smiled, Alosha had a reputation for being dependable, hopefully she'd be amicable to his scheme.

Ironith lazily arched his neck and turned his face to the sun, the light glinting just so. He had a knack for sunbathing provocatively, always had... even as a hatchling. Thus, when a green drifted out of her weyr to alight nearby, he trilled a greeting to her and rolled such that his focus was entirely on her. Aah, Phaedrath, you are too kind. He arched his neck bashfully, politely, and gestured to the ground beside him, To what do I owe the honour of your presence? You bear Yours so proudly, it very becoming. His tone purred with happiness that she would approach him and share in his company. Ironith's eyes whirled green and blue as regarded the pale green.

As G'er rounded the corner to the mess hall, Ironith reached out him with an unmistakable purr in his voice, Mine, Phaedrath graces me with her company and Hers is upon her back, you were looking for her no? The wingleader sighed, if the bronze had found a dragon to flirt with, this purring tone and eloquent manner of speech would buzz in the back of his mind. Ironith did it as a means of reminding him there was more than wingleadership... and sometimes (or rather, with moderate frequency) G'er indulged the bronze. This time, at least, he had business to attend to.

Rounding on his heel, he started back towards the Weyrbowl, nearing knocking a Candidate over with the abrupt move. Bashfully, he apologized and helped the startled young woman up, acutely aware he towered over the teenager. When she scuttled away, red in the face, G'er bit his lower lip and set his jaw, his freckled face mildly blushed – it bothered him sometimes, people saw his knots or stature before they saw him. He puffed out a sigh and, papers held tightly in hand, continued on his way.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:18 am
A compliment towards Her's was as much a compliment for Alosha as it was for Phaedrath, who preened at Ironith's words. You flatter me. I happened to see you going far too unappreciated and needed to ammend such oversight. The blond on her back nearly rolled her eyes, but didn't wrangle in the small chuckle. I'll leave you to appreciate.

Phaedrath, being a dainty thing, was not particularly difficult to dismount unassisted. Not that it would have stopped the ever resourceful woman who easily navigated down her side, dropping into the sand. It wasn't a graceful landing by any means, but the easy smile on her face indicated it hadn't been a painful one either.

And where are you going? You didn't leave some burrow dug up while rooting out a pest problem, did you? Phaedrath made her inquiry even as she moved to schmooze up to Ironith's side now that she didn't have a rider upon her back to keep unsmashed. Mess Hall. And I cleaned up after myself. Promise. The green seemed appeased by this answer and instead turned her attention back to Ironith as her rider headed off unknowingly towards G'er.

What are you up to on such a fine day? Enjoying the sun on your beautiful hide?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:53 pm
Your kindness abounds, my dear! Your graciousness will not go unnoticed, I am certain. Ironith cooed at her, shifting to drape one wing over in a kind of easy embrace. Ironith was large as some golds, with ample space for a dainty, pretty green to snug up to. I am indeed enjoying the sun, but the day has grown so much brighter with a beautiful green like yourself at my side. Do you have plans? Mine is set about some important tasks or other and left me to my own devices I believe he wishes to see one such as yourself dance in the sky.

G'er strode along, easily a head taller than most of the other Weyrfolk, his simple but finely crafted clothing and rider's knots proudly displayed. It wasn't hard to pick him out of the crowd and from his intense expression as he surveyed the people and made efforts to navigate the sudden throng that came with shift changes.

He'd neared the entrace to the main tunnels when he spotted the woman he was looking for and immediately waved, the papers in hand, and called out suddenly. “Alosha! There you are!” He grinned as he jogged to close the distance and held a hand out to clasp the green rider's, “Ironith informed me you'd been dragged along with Phaedrith. Have you got a moment, I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with.” G'er's smile was easy and confident.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:59 pm
Even without whirls of blue and green in her eyes it would have been easy to tell Phaedrath was pleased as could be at the attentions that Ironith offered back to her in turn. It isn't kindness if I am simply being honest, truly~ she trilled delightedly and the tone made it's way into her mental voice as well. I would dare say my own brightness is barely a reflection of the moon compared to the glow of the sun that is yourself~ She added, looking up at the bronze before giving the Weyrbowl itself a single glance over - just to make sure there wasn't anything she was missing out on. Not that she would have left Ironith's side for it, but it was good to know if anything was going on. Finding nothing of grand interest, she looked back to Ironith. Some task? What sort? I would not blame yours for wishing to see my wings in the air. She was, after all, very proud of them.

Mine. Ironith's is seeking you. The green's warning was barely a moment in passing, but Alosha took careful note of it. Me? What for? Oh, I'll just find out. I'm sure if I ask someone will have seen him. There was something exciting about knowing someone was looking for her. What mystery was she going to be pulled into? A simple note like that easily stirred up Alosha's curiosity, but it didn't exactly make her walk faster. After all, she had no idea where G'er would have been.

Though coincidence was fairly nice to put them walking towards each other. While not entirely too-familiar with the Bronzerider, he was at least recognizable as his taller-than-her (most people were, to be honest. If Alosha wasn't big in personality she would have probably seemed smaller than a child in presence) figure approached. She easily moved her steps to approach in turn. "G'er! Phaedrath said you were looking for me!" she greeted in acknowledgement as she took the extended hand. "Questions? I love questions, what do you need?" she asked, smile as bright as ever. If Phaedrath compared herself to the moon, then truly always-radiating-joy Alosha was the sun.

Waiver

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:34 pm
demon_pachabel

Then you have excellent taste, Phaedrath. Ironith made a happy sound somewhere between a chortle and bugle. It is a task only an agile, supple one such as yourself can do – I am simply not built for the same grace as is required of the request. And I.. well, I am never opposed to seeing the gift that is you among the clouds. He leaned over to nose her gently.

He was relieved when she was receptive to his request and flapped the papers at her, “It's something I found in the archives, a flight pattern for Thread fighting but it's awfully complex – poor Ironith would tie himself in knots before doing it so I was hoping to get your opinion on it and see if you and Phaedrath might be able to pull it off. Do you mind being a test subject?” G'er's expression turned serious as he spoke, “If we can figure out something that makes this work, we can propagate it across the wings and it'll reduce exposure to Thread – fewer Threadscores, fewer losses. And we both know its the green and blue riders who fly on the front lines of the defence.”

G'er gestured back towards the weyrbowl, “I've got more paperwork set up in my study, but this is the bit I'm most interested in. Have you got the time to figure this out with me?” He handed her the scroll and gestured for her to review it – it was hard to tell if it was a theoretical plan or something that had been in practice and fallen out of use over the years. Spiralling, highly controlled and nearly wingtip to wingtip, it was obviously a demanding manoeuvre but the benefits weren't difficult to surmise.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:59 am
As the scroll was gestured around with, Alosha looked between it and G'er repeatedly, uncertain which to focus on as both had such interest in store for her - G'er with his explanation, and the paper with promises to follow up on such thoughts. When it was handed off, she gently unfurled it, taking her time to look it over. Her pale eyes darted up and down the sheets several time as she reviewed it. What do you think of this, Phaedrath? It was easy enough to share the steps along with the green, even if said green was happily leaning into Ironith's side with a content rumble.

Doable, but for a group to do that without knocking into each other it will take a great deal of practice. Phaedrath shared back to her bonded. Alosha nodded. "Phaedrath seems to think this will be feasible. She says that it may take a lot of group practice to make sure we don't end up with several dragons knotted together if they're doing it in tandem." Not that she would have expected anything less - and G'er likely wasn't expecting it to be that easy out the door either if there was a need to even see if it was possible.

I have very high standards. Phaedrath agreed. It was no secret that she was a perfectionist. If it will please you, I will be happy to assist yours - it seems he and mine have found each other. If what mine is reading is correct, I will be able to show you how well I can fly. She trilled sweetly as he leaned in to nose her, nudging his nose back with hers.

Waiver

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:35 am
demon_pachabel

G'er nodded, “I suspected as much. Given that it's not in use anymore, I wanted to see how demanding it was on a green and their rider. Some of the turns and dives currently utilized already put a lot of pressure on you. Don't want you blacking out at high altitudes.” He started walking towards Ironith and Phaedrath as he continued to speak, “But! If we can teach Weyrlings not to Between into walls and mountains, I think we can teach adults to fly wing tip to wing tip.”

I expect nothing less, Ironith rumbled pleasantly only to trill with excitement as she agreed to try the proposed manoeuvre, It would please me greatly! I will be nearly to assist you, do not worry. His gaze whirled with the colours of excitement, tail flicking back and forth with the rising excitement.

As the riders approached, Ironith snugged her in a tight, quick hug with the wing he'd draped over her before rising and shaking himself out. Padding over to his rider, the bronze lowered his head and whuffed at G'er, amused by the rising excitement he could feel in the Wingleader.

G'er patted Ironith's nose and turned towards Alosha, “We'll catch you if there's any problems. I'm not sending you up alone. Do you need anything else before we get started?”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 pm
As the pair stepped out into the sand of the Weyrbowl, Alosha paused to take in the sight of the two dragons next to each other. Phaedrath was easily half as big as Ironith and them simply being side by side simply amplified the size difference of the two - as if the fact he was a bronze and she was a green wasn't going to be enough to show for that. Enjoying yourself? Alosha simply smiled and
Phaedrath bugled back in greeting to the unassuming woman. Of course. Do you not enjoy being in the embrace of a strong and capable man? Phaedrath's inquiry was very innocent, but Alosha laughed - out loud - before falling in after G'er.

The green leaned into the hug, gently brushing a wing against Ironith's side as she too rose to cross the sands towards hers. Even before she was within range, Alosha's hands were raised, ready to accept the pale head of the green that nudged the top of her head against the blonde's chest. "Then it sounds like I have nothing to worry about!" Alosha nodded at G'er's reassurance then touched her forehead against Phaedrath's head, mumbling quietly under her breath. Do we want to go over this a few more times before we go up? Please. She unfurled the papers again, holding it so Phaedrath could actually look at the pages as well as she mentally read the steps out loud again to the green.

It would likely seem agonizing to anybody in a rush, as the pair, side by side, took several minutes to review the maneuver. Alosha alone could never be rushed to do anything, but Phaedrath's perfectionism compounded that sense of time. Once she was certain, however, Phaedrath dropped so that Alosha could grab a strap and climb back up into the crook of her bonded's neck. "Sorry for that wait. We just wanted to review it thoroughly while we were safely on the ground. Let me know when you two are ready to go up and we'll follow."

I do hope you won't have to catch me, but it will be nice to know you are there, sweet Ironith~ Phaedrath trilled to the bronze.

Waiver

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:46 pm
demon_pachabel

G'er chuckled as Alosha hugged her green's head – the woman's armspan was enough to get a good way around the dragon's head. It had been a long time since he'd been able to do that with Ironith. The bronze just had not stopped growing after they'd Impressed.... he recalled being run off his feet in trying to keep with with oiling the always-itchy hide. At least the bronze had grown into his wings and tail, going from a long-limbed bulky youth to a barrel-chested beast of a bronze.

Ironith tilted his head and leaned the side of it into G'er's chest, You're making me itchy, Mine. Behind the head knob, right there. Obiediently, G'er's hand found the patch and scratched it vigorously, eliciting a sigh of pleasure from the bronze. He continued to rub and groom his Bronze while Alosha and Phaedrath reviewed the scroll, respectfully granting them some silence to think. They had a reputation of being thorough and precise, exactly the type of inclination G'er was hoping to tap.

Eventually, he swung up on the bronze's back and gestured dismissively when Alosha apologized for making him wait. “It's fine, I'd rather you go up prepared rather then half-cocked! Besides, K'ienn would have words for me if I gimped one of his riders on him.” He smiled and pointed up, “We're ready!”

I hope so to, but I would also not be opposed to catching you among the clouds, brilliant Phaedrath. He sauntered over and sort of glided past her provocatively before shifting into a jog. He always loved the show of taking off and very rarely Between'd into the sky if he another option, it was one of the reasons he was so physically fit – the initial leap and climb was quite demanding for a dragon his size. The ripple of muscle, the flash of hide as the jog became a run and G'er crouched down against his dragon, the thrill of flying evident on his face. He had never numbed to this moment and loved it as much as the bronze.

Legs bunched then propelled Ironith's whole body up and forward, the wings snapping out to sweep in powerful downstrokes to carry him into the sky, long tail snaking out behind him. Hurry up dear Phaedrath, the skies are less for your absence. G'er prodded his dragon's neck, Also, Mine says the winds are mild today, good for acrobatics. The bronze began to circle on the warm drafts rising from the moutain's side, soaring like a colossal bird of prey.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 am
And perhaps I would let you~ Phaedrath offered in turn, her long neck following his gait with great interest before she turned to follow. It would be less of a feat to watch the delicate featured green lift off from the ground - simply from the nature of being so light by comparison. While Ironith and G'er may have enjoyed the running start, Alosha instead braced herself for the familiar tensing of muscles under her legs. One flap, two flaps, and a jump straight up - Phaedrath's wings caught the air near immediately from the practiced motion and the two were soon sailing skyward after the bronze pair.

The green swept past Ironith as he called out to her, trilling as they passed by. The skies are clear and warm, as yours says. Mine and I first need to make sure our wings are as well. As Phaedrath spoke, Alosha held up her hand, passing through several hand gestures that indicated the pattern the pair were going to fly for practice first. After a moment spent pulling her short hair back enough to keep it from blowing into her eyes, she pat her bonded's neck. I'm ready. she bid and a moment later the pale green was soaring upwards. It was perhaps a steeper climb than most would have made, but once she seemed pleased with the distance, Phaedrath allowed herself to simply tuck her wings in and begin to drop, twisting upon herself as she did so. On her back, Alosha let out a shout of excitement.

Then again, Alosha's sense of immediacy and worry could have been considered skewed after that time she broke her arm and still patiently (and quietly) waited her turn for it to be seen to.

Phaedrath also seemed to be enjoying herself as she flew under Ironith, then twisted to circle around him, nearly putting the woman on her back upside down as she did so. Tell us when your wings are warmed up and ready and then we can begin. No need for any sprain or strain when practicing.

Waiver

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:36 pm
demon_pachabel

G'er signed acknowledgement back after Alosha declared her intention, his hair struggling to stay slicked down without the benefit of a helmet to shield against the wind. Together, Ironith and G'er watched Phaedrath climb into the sky with interest, the bronze adjusting course to climb as well, albeit at a less-severe angle. Then she plummeted and Ironith bugled in appreciation as the slower dragon banked into a wide, graceful turn, his head arched around to watch as she spun up under him the thrill of excitement infectious.

Ironith bugled a second time, a loud baritone that carried well through the air, and pumped his wings to gather speed. Each powerful stroke carried him higher into the sky, the full beat of his wings having the wing tips nearly touch at crest and valley at he worked the muscles. He arced over gracefully and dove, plummeting down several dragonlengths before he flattened out, straining to break the speed of the descent and arch up into gaining altitude once more. He was a much less acrobatic flyer than Phaedrath, but he was built for stamina... not agility.

We are ready, dear Phaedrath. Your caution is well placed and wise. Begin when you are comfortable. The bronze churred at her encouragingly, sweeping close enough they could feel the wind from his passing before arcing out to give her space to try the complex pattern.

G'er watched intently as the arced away, Ironith's great wings locking into a soaring position, barely needing to flap to aloft. It meant he had a steady vantage point to view and Ironith did not have to work much to maintain his altitude.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 am
Very good. Phaedrath trilled as she evened out, beginning to circle idly as she waited to hear from Hers as well. Alosha was carefully double-checking their straps after their acrobatic warm-up - though the green was confidant that her's would have made no errors in originally securing such gear. Nothing shook loose, we're good. she assured and the pale green practically chirped in answer, blue whirling in her eyes. We are going now~ she gave Ironith fair warning before a steady beat of her wings sent Phaedrath up and forward.

There were many who simply would let a dragon fly as best suited them, their own instincts better than what a human without wings had. Phaedrath, however, took full advantage of the second brain, packed with information. A nudge was all it took and Alosha supplied simple answers. Adjust left. Pull your right wing in just a little - too far, nope, back out, nope, in, yes, there. Slow. Bank right. This will be easier with wingspans of similar length. You need to speed up. It delighted the green that hers so easily extended herself between their bodies so knowingly.

Yet the first pass was obviously awkward and as the two evened out again, Alosha 'Hmmmmmm'ed, crossing her arms and settling into herself against the green's neck. What is it? We're not hitting the right speed and we're not considering turns quickly enough.....I think I need to be a motion ahead of you. Again.

Phaedrath trilled at Ironith again in preparation to begin the maneuver, allowing Alosha to feed her steps even as they were entering into it. While an obviously better to look at second attempt, Alosha still seemed obviously concerned about something as they evened out again. Mine seems to think the issue with this pattern isn't so much about plausibility, but group coordination. Phaedrath informed Ironith on behalf of the woman on her back.

Waiver

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Waiver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm
Ironith and G'er looked on with intense concentration as Alosha and Phaedrath spun into their first, inelegant try. Always one for a puzzle, for identifying patterns, G'ers gaze followed the lines of Phaedrath's wings, the sweep of her tail, the arc of the turns and the supposed pressure it put on the rider... He mentally mapped those observations to the members of his wing, selecting individuals whose movements would be best suited to the demands of the manoeuvre.

When the green pair paused before a second attempt, Ironith drifted closer, warbling his encouragement. The second round of sweeps turns and tight spirals was much better, and again G'er mapped it to the talents of his wing... trying to decide if this was something his wing could pull off. He demanded much of them, yes, but sometimes one wished too hard or demanded too much – there was a reason this wasn't in use anymore, after all.

Mine, Phaedrath says this pattern is more about group coordination than plausability... Ironith closed the gap, settling into a circling arc that kept him parallel and beyond the green so that the two riders could see each other's signs directly.

Is that so? A matter of exposure and practice then? He rubbed his bronze's neck, hmming to himself, How is the pressure on Alosha in the turns? What further opinions does she have? G'er looked over at the green and the rider as Ironith relayed the questions dutifully.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces