Welcome to Gaia! ::

ρєтαℓѕ σи тнє ∂яєαяу (Closed / Might be revamped)

Back to Guilds

Can you find what you're looking for and can you live with the consequences? 

Tags: Love, Romance, Heartbreak, Curse, Battle 

Reply City of Obyvatelé
The Burger Joint Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Invisibility 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am
【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】 Day Change【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】

October30thMonday

【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±】

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                          What a long night it had been. Not that he is really complaining, but still, the night was long, and quite productive despite certain delays. He managed to write ten pages of work that night--an unusual turn out after the last year, but still... this was more than he could have asked, and admittedly it was thanks to that unusual character--that woman, the one named Anna. Why and how she managed to tug at his creative strings, he haven't a clue, but it has stuck with him, as much as he tried to avoid that topic of interest.

Oh, but after he left the Spa last night, he had plenty to think about on his walk back to Wrie's Furniture, because although Anna took him in her car to her Spa, she did not take him back. In fact, she dismissed him quite completely, which was quite the opposite reaction after she was so adamant to have him with her before. This was unusual behavior, but as he said yesterday, he will say it again...

"What an unusual woman..."

Walking down the street--a fewl blocks away from Wrie's Furniture, Lucius stopped in front of a set of doors before opening them and letting himself in. It was a food place--The Burger Joint, as it was called. It was a twenty-four hour eatery--serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner via fast food at any time. Sure this was not the healthiest place to eat, but he needed coffee--cheap as it was, and some breakfast. It was still pretty early, and after a long night of no sleep--yes, he didn't catch a wink, he needed something to wake him up. This would be the perfect thing, or at least he was hoping it would be...

Approaching the counter, he was asked what he would like to order, and he went on with a black coffee, a pancake egg and bacon breakfast sandwich, and some tater cubes. With his order paid for and retrieved not but a few minutes later, he went to go find a table--one for two, at the back of the eatery. Once he was comfortable, he took a deep breath and began to eat while gazing outside the window in thought. It was going to be a long day, but hopefully things will be slow and not too chaotic unlike yesterday...

The thought made him smile--this one more private as he thought about the events that took place before continuing on with his breakfast.

_I_Am_The_Doctor_ X_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 am
User Image
Anna Askr
Merchant Extraordinaire; Spa Owner

Suddenly, Lucius' phone goes off with a text alert.

Hey! It's Anna, the pushy woman who screwed up your day yesterday then left you to walk back to your store. Yes, I got your number. Don't stress over it too much, it's better for your sanity. Wanted to possibly make things up to you, again, though you probably don't want to, even if the whole "customer" thing is done. Let me know what you think. At spa, training new receptionist, if you're open to talking.

Akinai

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 pm
User Image
Anna Askr

Anna makes her way into the Burger Joint. As she proceeds to the counter, she notices Lucius in the corner, but figures that, since it's a Monday morning, he's likely on his way to work, and so therefore not wanting to talk to her. As such, she proceeds to the counter to place her order.

Akinai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am
User ImageUser Image
                                          Finishing up his sandwich, Lucius popped a tater cube into his mouth before leaning back and taking a sip of his coffee. It was...tasteless. Almost like water, but it was good none the less. It helped stir him into wakefulness, which he really needed if he planned to get through the day. Setting his cup down, he felt a vibration in his pocket before he reached inside and removed his phone. It said he had one message.

Opening the mail, he could see it was from a number he did not know, and as he read through the text, he understood why...

"Anna..." he murmured, leaning forward and propping an elbow on the table to support his chin as he contemplated on how to respond. She retrieved his number, and without his consent. Honestly, he should not be surprised, but it made him wonder how she did it.

After a moment, he began to move his thumb across the keyboard, the word on the screen typing out: 'When?' before sending off the message. He looked out the window briefly as he considered the possibilities of what meeting this woman again would bring. There were a number of things that could happen, but whichever one it happened to be, he knew he wanted to know more about Anna Askr.

Stuffing his phone back in his pocket, unaware of Askr herself being present in the restaurant, he took his dull coffee and once again began to drink all the while, his mind racing with curiosity.

_I_Am_The_Doctor_ X_

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm
User Image
Anna Askr

Anna's phone buzzes as Lucius responds to her text. Pulling it out, she reads his simple text, and responds back.

Sooner than you might think. Your breakfast looks pretty decent.

She keeps him in her peripheral vision, to see if he'd look around after receiving that. It was a simple enough indicator, and though she was still somewhat convinced that he didn't want much to do with her, she would see just how true that thought was, by testing the water. Once she gets her coffee, she goes and sits near Lucius, though not in a position so that she'd be directly in his frontal line of sight. If he looked for her...that might be a good indication.

Akinai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 am
User ImageUser Image
                                          Feeling a vibration in his pocket again, Lucius reached inside and removed his phone to view the message he was certain that was from Anna. Sure enough, he was right, but when he opened to read it, his eyes lifted. She was here...

His eyes shifted about the room to see if she was anywhere within view, but he could not spot her, which meant she was somewhere else. "Hmm..." Setting his phone down on the table, he dropped his gaze to the screen, and contemplated his next course of action. He had to admit, she was quite a clever woman. From obtaining his phone number--though, in most cases it was not hard to discover via internet, but she also managed to locate him. What an interesting turn of events.

His head tilted into his hand, a smile once again forming on his face before his finger moved across the screen of his phone. He barely noticed someone had sat nearby--focused as he was in his message before sending it off. It made him wonder how she would respond--if she would respond that is. After all... Anna Askr was a rather unpredictable woman, and... what he said might not be what she is expecting.

'Care to have a bite...?'

_I_Am_The_Doctor_ X_

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am
User Image
Anna Askr

Getting his message, Anna goes and stands right beside him. "You can keep your breakfast, though I guess I can keep you company." She then sits down, across from him. "So...good to know you didn't get sick, I suppose." She sips on her coffee lightly while she's not speaking. "Rain must not have been too hard, then." More than that, she doesn't say, as she wasn't sure what else she COULD say at that point.

Akinai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 am
User ImageUser Image
                                          Hearing Anna's voice from beside him, Lucius closed his eyes before sliding his phone from the table and pocketing it."Ms. Askr..." he said while he leaned back in his chair and listened to her take the seat across him. "What an unexpected surprise. I was not expecting to see you here..." He opened his eyes, a small smile gracing his lips while he listened to her comment on his health. It was difficult to tell how genuine her concern for his well being was, but as his fingers traced the side of his coffee cup and watched her drink from her own, carefully taking in her every detail and movements before shifting his gaze elsewhere, he decided there had to be some truth to her remarks or she would not have asked to speak with him in the first place.

"I'll live," he decided to answer. "I've walked through worse weather. A bit of rain would do me no harm." He returned his gaze to Anna, his eyes taking her in yet again, as though she had changed from one moment to the next. "You worried about me...Ms. Askr?" He lifted his coffee before taking a drink and hiding his smile behind his eyes. Lucius knew he was teasing her, but... he also wondered how she would respond to such a question. Would she laugh? Would she brush him off? Get upset? Or perhaps... something else?

He could only wonder, but he anticipated her response patiently as he set his coffee down and waited for her to speak.

_I_Am_The_Doctor_ X_

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 am
User Image
Anna Askr

"Well, sure I'm worried." She responds, taking another sip of his coffee. She recognized that he was playing a little game with her, and so had decided to play one as well. "Who else is going to sell me furniture? No store manager, no store. You might not own the place, but the store couldn't run without you." She offers him a little smile at that. "And you don't need to rely on titles, Lucius. After all, neither of us are working right now, are we? So no need for formalities, or things like that." As she is speaking, her cup dips slightly, her gloves not quite having a perfect grip on the mug, so she moves one hand under the cup to keep it steady. Hopefully the movement wouldn't go noticed by him. She didn't want to have to give away her trick so soon, before it was necessary.

She sets the cup down right after that, hopefully not drawing attention to that moment. "And don't worry. I won't keep you that long this time. Just until you're done with your food and drink. I'm sure you have more important things to do, right? And I should get back to the spa soon. The new hire's curse is...something special. I'd ask if you wanted to come, but I know the answer already."

Akinai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                          Lucius chuckled outright at Anna's response. "Is that what I'm good for?" he said, leaning back in his chair as he set his coffee down. "A man of furniture?" He tilted his head, dropping his gaze to his cup as he grazed his thumb over its side. "I suppose though, you may be right. There could be no one else like me, because no matter how hard you tried to make them alike, there can only be one Lucius Lupescu."

His smile turned to a grin before he lifted his gaze to Anna. He had not noticed what occurred with her cup, only that he watched her set it down before she continued the conversation. It appeared as though she had a rather negative idea of him. She seemed to think she was some form of inconvenience, which was hardly the case. For him, work was work, and professionalism was necessary. Outside of work was a much different aspect, but apparently she is confusing his actions toward her as a sign of distaste and... disinterest?

Releasing his cup as he folded his arms over his chest and turned his head towards the window, he fell quiet for a moment before responding. "And what answer do you think I would give?" He shifted his gaze towards her. "I'd like to know, seeing as how you know me so well." He tilted his head again, a smile appearing on his face as he waited for her answer.

_I_Am_The_Doctor_ X_

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 pm
User Image
Anna Askr

When he asks the last question, she thinks for a moment, making sure that her words are right in her head. "Simply put, you would say no. What reason would you have to go to the spa but for a massage? And, once there, there is a chance that you might end up on the chair which I yesterday bought from you. Which would make that chair something that you sold so that you could experience pleasure, something that seems very unlike you. So, even before I said that it would not be me giving the massage, you would not be interested. Whether that last statement makes you more or less interested, I don't know. All I know is that you wouldn't want to make it a social visit." She takes another sip from her drink. "And no, even if you paid extra, I wouldn't give the massage. That requires me to touch someone with my bare hands, and that's something I don't do. I've brought on a masseuse for a reason."

Akinai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:53 am
User ImageUser Image
                                          Having listened to Anna, Lucius's smile grew before his phone began to ring. Without a word, he reached into his pocket, his eyes remaining on the woman in front of him before looking at who the caller was. "Will you excuse me for a moment?" he said, pushing out of his chair before heading towards the door as he answered the call. "This is Lucius."

He exited through the doors, listening to the voice on the other end as he stood with his arms crossed near the entrance. It was work, and what perfect timing it was. He could not have picked a better time for them to call him, especially considering things as they are. His body shifted to walk down the length of the restaurant windows before pausing to face towards the inside and setting his gaze on Anna--if she was still waiting for him that is.

Had she disappeared, disappointment for Lucius would set in, but only until his phone call ended and he proceeded with his plans for the day, and not plans necessarily for work. However, had she stayed sitting, or even prepared to leave, possibly meet him outside, his eyes would remain on her as he finished up his conversation with the caller. "Do me this favor, will you?"

Turning away from the window, he spoke rather quickly into his phone, nodding here and there as a smile broke out over his face. Had Anna met him outside, he would be hanging up his phone before he would turn to her and notice her presence, but had she waited inside, he would return to her before beginning to clear up the table. "Sorry about the wait," he would apologize no matter which circumstance he found himself under. "That was work. They had some things needing confirmation before getting started for the day."

For a moment, Lucius walked away from the table to throw his garbage, or if Anna were outside and had not thrown his garbage from the table, he would disappear to do so before returning to stand beside Anna. "So, I take it you will be returning to the Spa now?" He crosses his arms behind his back, smiling as he looked at Anna. "Shall I walk you then?"

Without waiting for a response, he began to move forward, heading in the direction of the Spa, because although Anna may doubt him as a person, he was not about to let her assumptive views win.

_I_Am_The_Doctor_ X_

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:58 am
User Image
Anna Askr

Recognizing that Lucius was being called by work, she starts preparing to leave, though waits until he's done so that she doesn't come off as rude. As he goes to throw his trash away, she walks out with him, and gives him a quizzical look when he offers to walk with her.

"I can walk myself," she replies, simply. "As you said, that was work, which means it takes priority over everything else, right?" She begins walking back to the spa. "Wouldn't want you to break your routine over something like this. If you want, though, we can meet for dinner later. Assuming you haven't blocked out a chance at having a dinner because you've started to work for the day."

Akinai

City of Obyvatelé

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces