Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 am
Fluffesu

Pyrrha gave Nivalis' fingers as squeeze, even going so far as to wiggle her longer, thinner digits around the mystics. You're lucky to have her, you know. The matron very well may have written her off, just like her mothers, or at the very least kept her around out of pure spite. Nivalis, though...she wanted Pyrrha here. And maybe...that was a little better than anything her family could have falsified, simply because this was real.

It will be easier to better yourself when you work with what you enjoy and do things how you'd like to do them

Pyrrha perked up a little at that. "I've never been asked what I'd like to do before. Pruu once made a training session for us using bags of paint for targets and that was a lot of fun." It was one of the happier memories she had of her twin, and perhaps one, if not the only one, in which Pruu tried making things easier for Pyrrha. "I think...that if it were more in nature, and less...uniform then maybe I would like it? The world shifts around us so much and the jungle is forever changing so the idea of staying in one spot, shooting at the same target is...isn't good."

The knowledge that she would still need to train was somewhat of a dampening point in all of this, but Pyrrha knew it was coming. One couldn't afford to take up a weapon if they weren't prepared to use it. And if anything, she was rather good; her instructors said so, many a time. However, they were just as quick to point out her flaws and lack of concentration so maybe if she did go about it another way...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:03 am
Painted Moose

Nivalis' thick brows pinched as her little lip jutted out in confusion. "No one has asked you what you wanted to do before?" She parroted in confusion. That didn't seem right. Niva may be accustomed to doing some things she didn't enjoy (there were many aspects to learn of being a mystic, and not all the practices were pleasant), but she was still able, allowed, even encouraged to do things which pleased her. They had their duties, but to be happy was just as important.

To live a fulfilling life sometimes meant doing things that the others in their tribe didn't do or had never thought of, but as Pyrrha went on, Nivalis began to think that her mothers were the ones who didn't function as the others did.

"They don't allow you to train in the jungle?" Nivalis questioned, sounding more incredulous each time she opened her mouth. "We are- we are born of the Great Mother, a tree Herself, one with nature because She is of it. We were gifted with her wisdom and resilience. This is our homeland. Most of your training should take place out there, I would think." She tilted her head. "The hunting, the maneuvering, the stealth, the unity with our forest... you will never learn those things in camp." She didn't know how anyone would learn to do anything in they weren't in the forest to do it. No target worth shooting would ever be sitting still. She was offended at the very thought that Pyrrha's abilities would be crippled by the stubbornness of her cousins.

"Should I speak to them for you?" Nivalis offered, concern overriding the notion that Pyrrha would know best how to handle those who had raised her. "It doesn't sound as though they have solid logic, if their only wish is to see you repetitively shooting the same target over and over... Our home is this camp, but the world we want is still out there, far beyond this camp's reaches."

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:19 am
Fluffesu

[9/10]

"No?" Now Pyrrha was just as confused. "We should take pride and happiness in the way we serve Elzira. So, I've always been made to follow what I was told." That didn't mean she always did, but Pyrrha knew what she should be doing at any given time. Her lessons were highly important for the safety of their community as were the times she spent 'bonding' with the other elarians. Trouble was the others didn't like her very much, and training could be rough.

"Oh it's not that they discourage it. Pruu and Myrcella are allowed to go anytime they wish." She chimed in with a sad little smile. "I just can't be trusted to stay on task so I'm to be monitored and assessed daily. If I've passed then I'm allowed to go about wherever I wish or...that's how it used to be." Now that she no longer answered to her mothers explicitly a lot had changed in her life. Not that Pyrrha had taken full reign of her freedom; the idea of going outside their orders still scared her.

"No! No, you most definitely should not!" For once in her life her voice was raised and her smile dropped. "I...I thank you for your concern, Nivalis, but I'll be fine. All I have to do is prove to them that I'm capable and then I can do as I please. It's no different than any other mother daughter relationship."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am
Painted Moose

"We should take pride in our service to Elzira," Nivalis agreed hurriedly, giving a reassuring nod to the notion. "But there is more than one way to please a goddess, and not all of us need walk the same path. Obedience is not a service when the one giving the orders doesn't understand what we need... They do not understand what our goddess needs."

She moved away then, just a few feet to where a creeping vine bloomed with vibrant purple flowers. She daintily plucked one between two fingers before moving back to Pyrrha's side to position the flower amongst the tangle of dreads atop her head.

"I do not think your mothers know what we need," Nivalis stated as she let her fingers skim down Pyrrha's hair. "They have their ways from Chibale and are set in them, but we are not of Aisha and do not hail from their homeland. We were raised with Alkidike teachings, but there is room to modify them to better suit the changing environment. Elzira will be pleased if her children are pleased. She made us to conquer these lands in her name, and our guardians train us for this purpose, but there are times when a nurturing hand is just as necessary, and they do not nurture your strengths."

Nivalis tried not to look too disappointed at Pyrrha's quick denial, and she instead gave a tiny nod. "But I won't confront them, if you don't think it would help you... I still hope the next time things darken, you will find me before acting too hastily..."

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas