Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm
Horace

"Imagine finding?" Horace frowned, clicking his tongue piercing against his teeth as he thought. "Well, I kept thinking about how, when he took my fingerprint, the court kind of shuddered and he had a weird grin. I couldn't figure out how that connected." He'd tried his best to empty his head, focus only on what had her done next.

"He knew, he was talking to the other Ezra - I didn't even know there were two at the time, or three... because the Burning Man is..." Horace frowned. "He managed to side-step the noble geas, when he took my fingerprint."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:45 pm
Leila

"What were you expecting to find," asked Sonny. "You were afraid, but what were you afraid of?"

Eve

"I don't really care what you saw," said Sonny, "just if you were compromised, emotionally or mentally, when you saw it. So you were angry. What were you expecting to find?"

Cibarium

Horace

"Side-step? How do you mean?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 am
Horace

"I mean, I asked him if what he was doing would affect her - he's.... he's the Burning Man isn't Ezra the noble and that's why." Horace looked vaguely shocked. The noble geas wouldn't work on non-nobles, of ******** course.

"He said-" Horace felt the itch in his skin, the lingering burn. "He came for Ezra and told him 'entrust to me your soul and all your darkness will be loved and your pain made sacrament; when fire drowns all else you will stand ascendant, my son, my heir.'" Not for the first time, he was glad he had an excellent memory. (Sometimes, it was not a blessing.)

"Can we separate them further? Sorry, I know this isn't about the scrying - though he saw me scrying him, but-"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 pm
Horace

"So... What did he say in response to your question, though," asked Sonny, who didn't seem to really understand. "I mean, I don't know. The otherworld I was born with didn't work like this..."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:04 pm
Horace

Horace blinked, looking back up at Sonny. She probably wasn't the right person, this wasn't the right space for theories. He filed it away for later. Thinking back, he opened his mouth, parroting the burning man. "This will not affect the dissembling and recreation of the nobles' Charter, and it won't affect Melany Dubhslaine, the host of the Spinel Lady."

After a moment, he sighed. "I thought the geas would have worked, since it came from the, uh, universe he came over from."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:01 pm
Horace

"Well... it wouldn't have affected the dissembling and recreation. His disassembly and recreation would have been fine..." Sonny tapped their chin. "And I guess we'll never know the effect it would have had on Melany, since it didn't go through."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 am
Leila

"Silk told us that everyone who'd had a print taken would die if we didn't resolve things in time," she explained. "I was worried about this world's Ezra, too."

Eve

"I was trying to make sense of what the Burning Man was doing. At the time I wasn't concerned with his motivation or reasoning... I just wanted to stop him."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces