Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Story Time (Stryke + Tevini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i want to know your story
continued from here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 am
The walk back to Stryke's hive was quiet but not uncomfortable. Both nursing some new wounds, Tevini walked beside the yellowblood silent for the first half of the walk. Going over what she'd done wrong in the practice match in her head, Tevini noted the first areas she needed to work on. As Stryke had said, she needed to practice using her psionics out of combat and familiarize herself with them. Second she needed to keep getting in shape. Sure she was skinny but that didn't mean she was fit. Her muscle tone was severely lacking. Third, she needed to get over her fears of blood and pain. She had a long road ahead of her.

Thankfully the path to Stryke's home was considerably shorter.

"Thank you again, for helping me. And hosting me now." Tevini spoke up, finally out of her head when they arrived. Stryke's hive was much cozier and comfortable than what she'd done with the warehouse with Cerpin. It had an inviting feel that she couldn't resist as she followed him inside and looked for a place to sit down. She wanted to be more helpful in making the tea and whatever snack he might present but she was too exhausted to be useful.

"I wanted to talk with you more about your experiences. Like how you discovered your powers." She confessed, bringing up the topic they'd dropped before in favor of the practice combat. Now that they were settling down and able to talk, she asked him directly. Her curiosity came from wondering if they had anything similar in their discovery stories but mostly because Stryke seemed like an interesting person to get to know. He was nice and gentle, something Tevini greatly appreciated.

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:09 pm
Stryke found himself lost in thought as he walked along side his redblood companion.In fact, he was grateful for the silence as they walked, it gave him time to contemplate. Combat had become a normal part of life. Byakko had personally ensured that. Reviewing their pervious match, Stryke found himself lost in thought.

At some point his eyes flickered to her, wondering what she had on her mind.

Once inside he felt at ease. "you are mossst welcome. i am glad to be of assistance." Stryke inclined his head. "i enjoy having guests." He commented with a small smile. The familiar space was not like his former dwellings, but gradually it had began to feel more like His hive. The addtion of nick-knacks and other various odds and ends decorated the place. Stryke had several reclaimed pieces of furinture intended to be places to sit along with a slab of wood he had turned into a makeshift table.

Stryke put on a pot to boil tea as he glanced over his shoulder back at her. Momentarily the shadow of his overgrown hair masked his serious expression. "my experiences...?" He asked softly with a sigh. "i must admit..i don't usually like sharing personal information..but for you? i will." He rubbed his neck some as he leaned on the counter, neatly folding his arms over his chest.

"i was a small boy when i first joined the rebellion. i like several others found solace in what the phoenix initiative stood for. i fought in the battle for old hemisect. i saw first hand what war was." He explained. "i have been loyal to byakko as far back as i can remember. she was the first troll besides vremea whom made me feel.." His voice trailed off, feeling his pump biscuit skip a beat. "welcomed. like i was worth their time, but most of all like i meant something." He finished. "i have fought, and struggled like all those of the rebellion have. i have witnessed betrayal, and watched as an older member of the rebellion died to protect me. during errade's trial all of the older trolls died during that ambush. the traitor was killed, some struggled while others thought it justified." Sorrow flickered over his features briefly in remembrance for that night.

"i have made friends, and enemies a like. when kursha came for us at the caverns, i never realized what true anger was until that exact moment." Stryke closed his eyes for a moment, pained as he curled his hands into fists. Kursha had been one of the most confusing trolls to have ever been a part of his life.

After a moment, he tilted his head slightly. " i was willing to sacrifice everything to protect our mothergrub..the run through the swamp if you recall? some of us acted as the vanguard to deter the army. i believe it was the riot gun bullets to my hip and thigh that was the final straw. the stress, the burns, cuts, the explosion inside the cavern...all of it added up." He took in a slow breath as if he was trying to calm himself. "during those three nights..i thought i was going to die. my shields began to manifest about the time i made it back to what would become salamire outpost." Stryke concluded.

"i am a simple troll. i believe in equality, and will fight to the very end to protect what i believe is right. for our people." He smiled suddenly. "i feel fortunate my psssionics have given me the ability to further that goal..if even in a small way." Stryke slid his jacket off as he pulled his hair back revealing the facial scar, as well as the extent of his neck and chest burns his tank top did not hide. "my experiences have helped shape me. i use to be a naive, scared child who only read. i dreamed of adventures i never thought i'd go on." He glanced away, yellow tinting his cheeks as he shrugged.

Once he was done, he moved around preparing them each a sandwich along with recently made cactus candies from what supplies he had left. Stryke walked over with a tray as he set down her drink and meal as he settled down. "i apologize..i don't mean to ramble. you may ask questions if you desire. however, in exchange i do want to know more about you." He coaxed.

Sipping at his tea only after adding exactly three spoonfuls of sugar, he peered at her.

Doutei.
stay awhile and listen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:27 pm
It was a story of pain and sacrifice. She knew that the Phoenix Initiative had gone through many struggles but it’d sounded so detached from what she experienced now. To listen to the story from an actual witness, one that she was starting to care about… it was hard. She listened quietly, wiping at the side of her face subtly as to not distract him. She didn’t want him to stop to comfort her, she needed to hear the whole truth.

The older rebellion members, she didn’t know anything about them. It felt like there was an unspoken agreement by the others to not mention them. To not call back the memories of those they’d lost. It was understandable. If you stood too long in one place you were bound to sink. They needed to keep moving forward and simply leave a trail of tears.

The stress Stryke described was unimaginable. She’d been there, sure, fleeing for her life as well. Hell she’d been only a child at that time. But she hadn’t known all that the rebels had been doing, focused instead on getting out and getting home. To put himself in harm’s way, to risk his life- all for the sake of the rebellion- the mothergrub of all things… it was incredible. For such a small and gentle troll, she felt a lot smaller in comparison to him right now.

"I’m saddened and sorry to hear all of the struggles and battles you’ve had to live through. Thank you for sharing this with me." Tevini replied after taking a few minutes to let it all settle in. Her tea cup sat untouched while she stared into it.

"It’s unimaginable the kinds of things you’ve seen." The redblood continued with a wince. She’d seen carnage back at the tunnels. It’d been rough. To watch so many allies die… the horror and the loss… she knew they’d had to keep on running without time to grieve. How many bodies had they crossed over, left behind… just to keep on living? Her chest hurt to think about it.

"I… I have many questions but…" Oh gog, she just couldn’t. Wiping at her face again, Tevini began to hiccup as she failed to hold herself together.

"I just want to know you’re okay!" How could he stay so calm and pretend he hadn’t just relived those memories in order to tell her that story? There were many details he’d left out, she was sure, probably the worst ones just to spare her. Shaking as she cried, Tevini felt terrible. She wasn’t even the one who needed comforting- it was him! And yet, she didn’t know what to do. She wasn’t good at this kind of thing.

Machines she knew. Machines she could fix. She had no idea how to put back together a troll.

Rendered speechless, she reached over to express her feelings without words and hugged Stryke tight.

leon_a_darkangel"

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:06 am
Memories twisted around him like bats out of hell the more he talked. At some point, he'd forgotten his strength and resolve as tears bubbled in his vision. Weird, considering he felt detached from his emotions. Stryke didn't view what he'd done as special, he had done what was needed. Doing the right thing by those he worked alongside had always been important to him.

He felt guilty for unloading everything on her..she had asked of course. Truthfully, Stryke rarely talked about his feelings, or what was really on his mind. It all came out unexpectedly; like a landslide. There was something about her. He couldn't hide behind his mask when she kept pushing it away.

"that is fine i told you, you may ask. i am sssorry i didn't mean to overwh---...?!" Stryke looked surprised as she came for him. At first, his body tensed up, fearing the close contact. She wanted to know if he was okay..? The tears he had seen in her vision made him feel terrible. He hadn't meant to make her cry! Gog, he was an a*****e. Maybe he should have said less. It made his pumpbiscuit pound erratically.

How did he fix this?

Slowly he relaxed. His stiff body moved as Stryke's arms slid around Tevini. Without really thinking about the rhyme or reason behind it...he held her, tightly embracing her. A few stray tears escaped his vision without his permission.

"i'll be okay...i have allies and namely friends i can depend on." He finally said once he trusted his own voice. Stryke didn't push her away. Instead, he remained there with her. "you have been braver than you know...it hasn't been easy for you either..thank you for your support. i'm glad for your company." He murmured as he tightened his hold briefly.

For once, time ticking by so slowly couldn't have been better. It made everything more real.

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 pm
Eventually they parted.

Pulling back after a long silence, Tevini wiped the remaining tears from her face. She let out a small awkward laugh at how odd the situation seemed, unsure of what to say next. What did one say after a hard story like that?

"I'm sorry for getting so emotional. I just... I was overwhelmed." It was true. Tevini had spent most of her life running from others, trying to avoid caring about them. Her entire childhood had been a mess of paranoia, never trusting anyone until she'd met Cerpin. Even after that, she'd struggled with it- she'd accepted one new person into her world but kept it at that. One person was enough to care about.

Except now there were more. Etsali, Forera, Caiden, Keionx, Polair, Buffel... Byakko...

Her eyes looked back at one more.

This was all new territory for her. It was scary to care about others, to worry about them. To hear the horrible things they'd gone through. She hated to imagine what new horrors awaited them. Life as a lowblood had been awful, life as a rebel was going to be hell. She didn't honestly believe she could protect everyone. It was crazy that she- weak and shy Tevini- found herself compelled to even try.

"I don't have many friends." She finally admitted out loud. Though she'd found people to care for, she was aware she didn't know their feelings in return. Recent events with Cerpin had taught her not to assume all feelings were mutual.

"But I'd like to be your's. I'd like to be dependable for you." It was practically a formal request. She flushed at how unskilled she was at this. Real smooth Tevini. But the words were earnest and she knew he would see that.

"Next time something happens, I'll be there." She nodded, determined. This one was a declaration.

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:50 pm
Clearing his throat, he contemplated what to say next. Stryke sighed softly at her small nervous chuckle.

"it..isss alright i am sorry to burden you. i appreciate your listening." He murmured sheepishly. He realized in that moment, his world had expanded just a little bit more with her as an addition. His trust in others had been rocky over the years. Still. Some trolls he could depend on. Like Byakko, Vremea, Rasali, and Keionx. Others like Cerpin, Etsali, and even Sarcel and Zindel (despite their strange history) could be trusted.

Tevini had somehow managed to find her way in his life, a fact he was glad for.

Stryke would do what he could for her. His powers were a gift in that he could be a shield. Was it so wrong he wanted to keep another life safe? Life had not always been kind, but life held meaning. Seeing the children born from the rebels mothergrub growing up strong and happy gave him joy. There was hope yet for the rebellion.

Her words touched him, his eyes widened as he stared at her in wonder. His hand reached out to rest on her shoulder. She didn't know exactly how to make the request it seemed. Stryke didn't care; it was a meaningful attempt.

I don't have many friends...but I'd like to be yours. I'd like to be dependable for you.

Smiling suddenly, Stryke gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "nor do i...it would be my honor to accept such a kind gift. in return, i offer my friendssship." Stryke replied quietly. It made his pumpbiscuit thud loudly. "if you should need anything yourself..you need only asssk." He added after a moment as he eased back into his chair, appraising her thoughtfully.

"tevini, you will always be welcomed at my hive or anywhere i may go or be," Stryke added quietly after a moment as he sat cross-legged in his chair. With a light chuckle of his own, he sipped at his now cooling tea. "always." The yellowblood concluded.

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:35 pm
"Thank you." Tevini replied with a soft but grateful smile. She was relieved that Stryke was so nice and kind, doing his best to keep her calm and at ease. As he reached out and took a sip at his tea, the girl copied him. She wasn't very good at telling the difference between teas, as her taste palette wasn't very sophisticated. But if he liked tea then she was going to drink it too.

"You are welcome to my hive as well." The redblood offered in return. Though her hive wasn't as quaint and sweet as this one. Cerpin had decked the place out with mostly his taste in fashion and decorating. She did have control over her own room and workshop at least. It was still a little embarrassing to show others though. But Stryke would understand, she figured, because he'd met Cerpin before. The two had bantered a bit over the yellowblood's height if she recalled correctly. Hmm... hopefully Stryke could visit at a time Cerpin wasn't home. Or after she'd told Cerpin to behave.

"I think your's is cozier though." She already wanted to come back and she hadn't even left! Looking around the space, she could see how he was still settling in but doing his best. She just needed a good excuse. Her eyes settled on his kitchen.

"You've got quite the collection of tea there. I..." She paused, wondering if she should lie to create something they shared in common. She didn't know if this was how friendship worked.

She looked at his reassuring eyes. No. She couldn't.

"I'm not really a tea person. Guess you've got 50 flavors to try and convince me otherwise.'" Tevini smiled. She'd be back to try all of them, just to see him again.

leon_a_darkangel
finished! thanks for the rp! i want moreeeeee

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:21 pm
Stryke watched her curiously as she went for her tea. He hadn't met a lot of trolls who were fond of tea. While he wasn't sure if she was, he was glad to share her company none the less. A smile pulled at his lips as he settled in place, crossing a leg over his knee as the pair talked.

The offer to have him come by her hive was a surprising one. He hadn't gone to a lot of other trolls hives as a child. He had visited with trolls certainly, but the offer earned her a curious tilt of his head in consideration as he nodded. "That sounds good, I'd like that." He meant it, his smile a genuine one. Did she live with Cerpin he wondered? Stryke would have to find out he supposed.

A sheepish smile lined his expression as he rubbed his neck. "I try..it's not like my old hive but this one is easy to pack up and move if we ever need to. It works for now." He doubted they would remain in this location forever, life as a rebel did not afford for that.

Stryke looked at her as she began to talk about his tea collection. He really did have a lot of flavors. He collected tea of all sorts and varieties, although he primarily preferred sweeter brews. Her honesty touched him.

"Fair enough. I'll be glad to have you try a variety as time goes by. We have more training ahead so it'll be a nice break." With that he leaned in, chatting with her to pass the time. Fostering a friendship was time-consuming after all, but Stryke couldn't imagine a better use of his time.

Doutei
Thanks for the rp! looking forward to the next few yesss

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces