Reply Alternia RP
[BATT/PRP] The Door (Cerpin + Etsali + Tevini) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
please let me in

(Cerpin vs Etsali battle, Tevini is a spectator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:04 pm
"Now it's very important you don't let her block your path to the door. And maybe try to break the lock on your way in." A redblood sat at a table, tracing over a vague blueprint of a building. Across from her sat a trickster orangeblood, her face hidden behind a mask. The pair were going over a plan for a daring heist. Tevini hated to ask this of her friend but she was learning her options were limited. It wasn't that she felt immoral to get dirty but rather, she didn't like putting Etsali at risk.

The plan was a little ambitious. Break into the Happy Harbor Clinic and steal any notes, research, tools, and materials that she could. Tevini believed it was important to try and grab as much as she could in this first heist. Flydra seemed the type to upgrade her security if they tried for a second. After her battle in there before, things were undoubtedly getting fixed up already. The thief was good, she'd seen how she could slink up walls and disappear into the smallest places... Etsali could take care of herself. Tevini had utmost faith in her... she just was the type to worry.

"Remember, she's going to try to drug you if she catches you. Try to avoid that if you can, she's got strong stuff." Tevini still didn't know what she'd been injected with but it'd been enough to almost knock her out. If Flydra had managed to hit her with a second shot, maybe it would've even killed her. The tealblood was a powerful opponent, not in physical strength, but in that she didn't know what tools she had at her disposal. For this mission she'd have the homefield advantage.

"She'll probably try to also draw your blood. I don't know why but she seems to have a reputation." It was creepy but true, most rumors she'd heard about Flydra circled around her demanding 'donations' and doing whatever it took to get them.

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 pm
"This is some enemy you've made for yourself," Etsali hummed, leaning on her elbows as she got a good look at the blueprint Tevini had been going over. It wasn't as thorough as she'd have liked, but there was no helping that. Besides, it only made it easier to memorize. A little surveillance would tell her to best time to try it, when the clinic might be closed. It was definitely doable, and she didn't have any doubts that she could pull off the heist.

The sticking point, and the thing she could tell was most giving Tevini a hard time, was whether or not she'd end up in a fight after she was in. She didn't mind a good fight, but drugs did add another level of challenge to the idea. Maybe backup was in order? Keeper wouldn't mind too terribly, but she would be a big target stuck indoors. She smiled, struck with a solution. She knew the perfect thief for the job.

"Got it. Say no to drugs and don't hold still long enough for her to draw blood. I'll be careful."

Doutei
Yamashii

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:21 pm
Quote:
HP: 20/20
Damage: 5+1 = 6
Military Grade Weapon

It had taken a long time for the stars to align just right for this. But finally, Cerpin had a lead. A good one too. He waiting outside the building, sizing it up to look for any exits to be mindful of. He didn't know what his prey were doing inside but he wanted to know which directions they were likely to run. Tevini's new tendency to use her powers to fling s**t around was also a problem to consider. It was still a little weird to see her fight when she had run away from battles most of the time he had known her. Apparently ditching him had forced her to learn how to protect herself a little.

Slipping inside, he followed the hushed sound of voices. They were familiar ones that he knew all too well. He had suspected Etsali's involvement in this cat and mouse game but hadn't had concrete evidence to support this other than, well, a lack of evidence. Which was sort of almost proof that a master thief was involved in Tevini's hide-and-seek game. He peered inside the door to confirm the faces of both trolls but unfortunately, there was no way this small slight action would go unnoticed by a professional robber and a master of paranoia. He had to strike now.

"Looks like I finally caught up to you, huh? This ends tonight, Vee. You're coming home with me." He drew his weapon, determined to fight Tevini into submission if he had to. He charged forward, ready to lunge after the redblood but unfortunately, she was able to duck away into a closet. Etsali blocked his path and he snarled.

"Stay out of my way." Cerpin's sword glinted in the light and he fell into the stance Keionx had taught him. He didn't want to hurt Etsali if he could avoid it but somehow, he didn't think she was going to step aside and let him waltz after his partner. Tevini had likely been feeding her weird information this entire time. Deciding to go on the offensive first, he raised the blade and swung at her.

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 pm
Quote:
HP: 14/20
Damage: 5+1 = 6
Military Grade Weapon

Things moved quickly from the moment she noticed movement at the door. The reflexive reach for her kunai pouch, the scrape of chairs as they stood, Cerpin's mad charge, Tevini's flight. And then Etsali was in between them, quick and easy. A thief who couldn't protect what was hers was no good thief at all, and taking the redblood under her wing had made her good as hoard.

Normally this kind of thing marked intruders for death, but she liked Cerpin well enough. He was being an idiot but he was fun, and once she'd knocked him around a bit he might come to his senses. After Tevini was out of his reach again. The usual excited grin began to slip onto the orangeblood's face as she slipped a kunai free and spun it into a ready position.

"You know," she began in reply, tone completely unconcerned. "I'm not really liking the route you're taking here. You should try it again a little more calm if you want someone to talk to you again, yeah? Sorry and a milkshake, that kind of thing." Cerpin was settling into a stance, sword lifted, and she paused, eyes narrowing. If she blinked, she might see orange, that glint of light on metal armor, that damned sneer. Her grin didn't change, but her eyes went cold.

"You've got a lot of nerve," she ground out, intercepting his strike with her kunai. The edge bit into her arm, slicing through part of her glove, not enough to slow her down but more than enough to bleed. Pushing her strength into it, she diverted the blade away from herself and shoved into the space between them, shoulder down as she charged into the purpleblood. The closer she was, the harder a time he'd have swinging that thing. And if she was lucky, it would take the fight to the ground.

Doutei
Yamashii

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:26 pm
Quote:
HP: 14/20
Damage: 3+1 = 4
Military Grade Weapon

In a flash, she was so close. He yelped and struggled to keep his stance. Etsali was right to take advantage of the weak pockets of space in front of him and he struggled to swing at her. She was definitely faster than him and he grit his teeth in frustration. Her teasing was light and playful, completely opposite to his own mood. The normally cocky and sly Cerpin had been replaced by someone more desperate tonight.

"I don't have time for this right now- you don't understand!" He took the hit from her straight on- he didn't have time to get out of the way. Grabbing a hold of her dominant arm, he tried to keep her from stabbing any kunai into him. He swung to get her arm behind her back but she wrestled away from him.

"I don't know what she's told you but this can't go on any longer. We're losing time." He used the edge of his sword as a bat to hit a chair across the floor at Etsali. He sent a random ratty cloth at her too. If he could keep sending obstacles at her, maybe he could control her movements and get past her to that door.

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Yamashii

KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 pm
Quote:
HP: 10/20
Damage: 4+1=5

"Losing time for what?" Etsali snapped back, frustrated he'd managed to get space enough between them to start throwing things in her way. She nearly stumbled over the chair, but snagged the back of it with her free hand and swung it to keep him from darting around her in the meanwhile. When it seemed to work well enough in that moment, she kept at it, pushing back at him like the troll she'd once seen on tv holding back a lion beast.

"Generally when someone runs away from you, it means they've stopped running on your schedule." She cast a quick glance back, seeing how far they still were from the door. "But I guess your teacher didn't have enough sense to pass any on to you."

Yamashii
Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:26 pm
Tevini cursed herself for running into a room with no windows. Trapped, she considered blowing a hole in the wall to escape but then decided against it. This was a good hive and she didn't want to break bad enough that Etsali couldn't use it as a hideout anymore. Dammit! She'd have to rely on the orangeblood to beat Cerpin into submission and then run when the coast was clear. She didn't like the plan, though.

"Please be okay." The redblood murmured to herself. She appreciated Etsali's aid- just didn't want either of them to seriously hurt the other. As the battle raged on outside, she listened and waited. She still felt scared to face Cerpin, especially because she knew what he was saying was true. They were wasting time. No, not they-she was. He was here trying to talk to her. But her heart still stung as she remembered that painful feeling of rejection. Troubled, she sat on the other side of the door and wondered what was the right thing to do.

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Doutei

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:04 pm
Quote:
HP: 9/20
Damage: 7
Military Grade Weapon

"For what?" Cerpin's face twisted into an expression of rage and frustration. "What do you think we've been working on this entire time? SPACE!" The purpleblood rushed the thief, body slamming her into the door that Tevini cowered behind. He wrestled with her arms and wrists, trying to yank the kunai and weapons away from her. Normally, Etsali was a friend to him. But right now, she was an obstacle.

"You can't keep running away, we have to talk about this!" He shouted to the girl trapped in the bathroom. "What are you gonna do, hide for the rest of your life? How else are we gonna get off this planet?!" He was angry, he was hurting. There was so much to do and not enough help. The crown had already built a space elevator in Chittentown. It was only a matter of time before they started an effort to send out working ships. And if the rebels were too late in developing their own, they'd be easily spotted and shot down after the Empire set up their superior fleets throughout the galaxy.

"Open the ******** door!"

Doutei

KitsuneAura

KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:50 pm
HP: 3/20

Etsali hit the door behind her with a crash, crying out before she could help herself. She hadn't quite expected that, and Cerpin was stronger than she'd probably given him credit for. Despite her struggling, she couldn't seem to push him back and the kunai she'd been holding clattered uselessly to the ground as a press at her wrist ruined her grip on it.

It was even harder to remember she didn't hate the purpleblood like this, because she'd been here before too. Pinned to a wall to wait through a tantrum, treasure at risk with every passing moment. She'd lost the watch, but she'd outgrown the cowering. Maybe that'd make the difference.

"Don't be stupid," she said finally. She had had to resist the urge instead to snap back for Tevini not to listen to him. She just needed his attention back on her. "You think she's gonna want to talk to you about anything when you're coming at her like this? I may not know anything about what you two have had in the works, not really, but I know I wouldn't blame her if she took her ideas to someone else and left you out of it." It was frustrating not being able to move her hands as she spoke, so she leaned forward to emphasize instead.

"Cause see this right here? This isn't acting like a partner, this is acting like a threat." She let that hang a moment before smiling, slow and mocking. When she'd been a kid, she'd practiced her smiles to disarm, but this was just another difference between then and now. "Doesn't matter much, though, does it? You think I didn't teach her to plan an escape route?"

He'd still have to get through her to check, and she fully intended to stand her ground. It'd give Tevini more time to think and Cerpin time to sweat.

Yamashii
Doutei

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm
Quote:
Damage:
Military Grade Weapon

Her words cut through him deeper than any weapon. His eyes widened and instantly his hands were off of her wrists. A hard ball of anxiety and doubt hung in the pit of his stomach and he griped his hands into fists, nails digging into his own skin. He never seemed to have this aggression under control. Etsali's eyes stared back into his own without wavering. She was fighting on a whole other battlefield and he didn't think he had anything to stand on.

She was right. He was a threat. And Tevini would be smart to run off and find another patron.

"I... but..." Cerpin took a step back, running a hand through his bangs in frustration and helplessness. The dangerous highblood attacking the lowbloods in the rebellion to get his way. Ordering them around against their wills. Beating them when they resisted. He didn't want this narrative. But he had no control over it other than to not play.

It wasn't fair.

"Etsali, please. I need her." His voice was quiet but his expression was far from peaceful or calm. He resembled a dam about to burst.

Doutei

KitsuneAura

KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 am
HP: 3/20

Ah, good. It had worked then. Etsali watched his every move as he backed away, not moving a step from where she stood even though she was free to do so now. Back still pressed to the door, she rubbed one wrist and then the other, considered stooping to collect her kunai again and then discarded the idea. She'd dropped the smile again, but her expression was far from sympathetic. It wasn't that she wasn't moved, but, well. He had just slammed her into a wall.

Eventually deciding she'd left him waiting long enough for an answer to that, she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes. She hoped Tevini was listening well, though she thankfully couldn't hear any sign of her. "Why?"

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am
Quote:
Damage: 6
Military Grade Weapon

"You know why." Cerpin's face scrunched up in a painful blend of frustration and pain. He didn't like facing these feelings. He didn't like facing this reality. Etsali watched him like a predator, knowing she had the advantage. But he was not going to go down without a fight. The purpleblood steeled up his nerves and shouted.

"Because I miss her, okay?!" He rushed Etsali, shoving her aside roughly and pounding his fist on the door one more time. "Because I'm scared and I'm stupid and I can't do this on my own!" His hands uncurled and he sank down on his knees. He was putting himself out there, vulnerable for attack on all fronts. It would be easier to heal from a blow than it would be to move on without saying his true feelings. They'd promised to figure this out together. Did that mean nothing to Tevini? He had gone through so much trying to get to this point and she wasn't saying a word. Was everything really over because of his mistake?

"Please... let me in."

Doutei

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 am
Words fell around her and the world spun. Listening as the two fought outside, the redblood pulled her knees close and wished she was a different person.

She was mad that Cerpin was here, screaming at her and hurting her friend. She was mad Etsali was out there fighting her battle for her because she was too weak and would fall to pieces at the sight of him. She was mad at herself for setting this whole thing off. If only she hadn't said anything. She'd rather have suffered in silence than face all of this. Though... that wasn't entirely true. A small part of her was glad to have spent this time with Etsali, despite her broken heart. It broke again as Cerpin pleaded outside, admitting all kinds of fears- anything that would get her to stop running away.

What did she think this was going to accomplish? She clenched her fists, forced to admit he was right. They still had so much work to do. They were going to leave this miserable planet and find their future in the stars. Even if they weren't going to share that future together like she'd been hoping. Was it pathetic that she was happy he hadn't just dropped her and moved on to find a new engineer after all this trouble? She leaned her head back against the door, still deciding what to do. For now, she would at least let him know she could hear him.

"I'm listening."

Yamashii

KitsuneAura

Doutei

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:46 am
She was listening. He pressed his forehead against the door and let out a breath. That meant she was still inside. He closed his eyes in silent relief that she still cared just enough to stick around a few moments longer. That meant she didn't completely despise him, right? He wanted to dig his nails into the door and claw it open but that would only spur her to run further away from him. There were so many things he wanted to say to her, he just didn't know how. He turned his back to the door and leaned against it, sitting on the floor. He cleared his throat.

Speaking was hard. Singing was not.

"If you're standing with your suitcase
But you can't step on the train
Everything's the way that you left it
I still haven't slept yet."

Cerpin had no guitar and no accompaniment. His raw voice was all he had this time. He looked up to the ceiling as he sang, remembering all the nights he had spent alone in that hive without the comfortable familiar hum of her machines and her footsteps peering in at his practice sessions. Mahmud had joined him in Underworld eventually but he was not the same as Tevini. The orangeblood was his friend. She was his partner. He could not move on without her, nor find another. The history between the two of them went too deep into him to simply find another engineer. And the feelings he'd had for her hadn't vanish just because she had.

"And I wish you could give me the cold shoulder
And I wish you could still give me a hard time
And I wish I could still wish it was over
But even if wishing is a waste of time
Even if I never cross your mind-"

Memories of her scolding him for his distractions as she worked tirelessly on her design flooded his mind. Moments in the kitchen piecing together some kind of meal from the strange scraps she picked up. Poking his head in her door to see what strange invention she was working on. Laughing together on a rare night of relaxation underneath the stars. The arguments over his recklessness and her paranoia. It all spilled out of him.

"I'll leave the door on the latch
If you ever come back, if you ever come back
There'll be a light in the hall and the key under the mat
If you ever come back
There'll be a smile on my face and the kettle on
And it will be just like you were never gone
There'll be a light in the hall and the key under the mat
If you ever come back, if you ever come back now
Oh if you ever come back, if you ever come back!"

He picked up both in volume and emotion. He didn't give a damn if Etsali was watching him. Cerpin was used to an audience.

Doutei

KitsuneAura

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas