Reply Alternia RP
[BATT] Obstacle (Tevini + Zindel) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If what I've heard is true
The one I'm after should be you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 pm
Hm. That could be a problem.

Out in the desert, a small figure frowned. Everything was arranged and ready to go, except for one fatal flaw. Something of this nature was going to require two people. In her excitement to be home and working on things again, she'd jumped straight in without thinking about every logistic. It was a foolish mistake and one she had to remedy. So she returned home.

"Cerpin? Are you awake? I need yo-" Peeking inside the purpleblood's room she spotted another figure sleeping. The girl flushed at their state of dress but wasn't too distressed as Cerpin commonly walked around indecently anyway. Glancing at her roommate she noted he was out cold, having not heard her. She took this to mean he was either still feeling awkward from their reconciliation or very hungover and useless.

"Hey. Sultryhead, get up. You're going to help me with something." Nudging the other sleepyhead, the girl tried to wake her fellow redblood. She recognized him from staying over a few times and the nights he swung by the bar occasionally. Seeing him made her bloodpusher beat a little faster and she disliked the feeling. Tevini disliked a lot of feelings.

"Come on Superstar." She began to pull threateningly at the blankets to get him to move faster.

quite uneventful

Doutei

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:37 pm
      Zindel curled into the comfort of the bed, enjoying its softness and releasing a small snore. He wasn't usually a deep sleeper-- He just hadn't gotten much sleep the night before. At the sound of the door opening, Zindel tensed and woke up-- He never liked intrusion, and even Chiara allowed him the benefit of knocking-- Cerpin didn't seem to mind, still extremely dead to the world. He dimly wondered what his relationship with the redblooded bartender was, but didn't pursue the thought much longer. He burrowed himself even deeper into the bed. "Mnrrrhhhggghh. Donnwaaaannnnaaa..." Zindel's response to her nagging was very drawn out and reluctant, shifting away from her nudging and releasing a sigh. "Whhhyyy. Nnnhhmmnnnhhh." He peeked up at the disturber, her tugging pulling the blankets lower down his scarred back. He quickly shifted off his chest and onto his back, tucking his hands behind his head and stretching out a little. He arched a brow at her, smirking from his spot below her. "There's nothing I'm embarrassed about under there." He chuckled, giving her a small wink before begrudgingly sitting up. "I'll bite. But only if you pass me those," Zindel pointed at the discarded underwear near the bed. "Unless you'd prefer not...?"

Doutei
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:46 pm
"You had plenty of help with your clothes last night." The girl grumbled, averting her eyes from his body. Stepping away from the bed, she allowed Zindel room to gather up his belongings, deciding he was capable of dressing himself. Moving towards the door, she spared one last glance back at Cerpin's sleeping form with a slight frown. Then she began walking and grabbed a few items from the kitchen to stuff in her bag. When she was ready, she waited for Zindel to emerge and meet her in the hall.

"Here, some water." The mechanic handed her companion a water bottle, along with a small off brand granola bar. It would taste like cardboard and raisins. She had only strengthened her resolve to try and save money around food as best she could after her travels with Etsali. The orangeblood's ability to get by on so few beetles was inspiring, much to the dismal future of Cerpin's tastebuds. Leading the way out into the desert, Tevini walked at a steady pace, a little on the fast side. She didn't want them to be seen by anyone and get followed.

"We're here." She announced, approaching a group of rocks. At first glance it looked fairly normal unless you stopped to really look at it. Was that a gun barrel peeking out through one of the rocks? Why were there bits of metal shining through the sand in front of the rocks? Someone had clearly engineered something in the area and tried to camouflage it. But why?

"Place any belongings you want to keep safe here." She motioned to the shade of a cactus. If Zindel had something breakable on him now was the time to remove it. She'd suggest removing any fancy clothes he didn't want ripped but after his display earlier she didn't really want to encourage a second one.

"You're going to help me test an invention. I'll be operating it from inside the circle of rocks. Your goal is to start over there," she gestured a distance away marked by a medium sized rock that she must've dragged out there, "And try to get in and stop me."

"Any questions?"

quite uneventful
twisted

Doutei

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:00 pm
      Ohhh, was she bitter? Zindel's smile only spread wider as she shuffled outside. Zindel rolled his eyes, amused before stumbling out of the bed to change. He hadn't worn anything hemotyped considering Cerpin's club's rules, but considering most of those at the club recognized him from Superstar Authority, it'd become a moot point for any of the more famous frequenters. He stepped out of the room as he tied his longer hair into a thick bun, waggling his brows at the redblood before she thrusted a water bottle and a granola bar into his hands. The taller teen squinted at the familiar product-- He used to eat these when younger, days when they were the only thing he could afford. He arched a eyebrow. With all the money Cerpin had, Tevini chose to eat this crap? Zindel sighed, popping open the water bottle and gulping half the bottle greedily before tearing the wrapper of the granola bar. Maybe he could pick off the rasins. Instead of rasins and cardboard, Zindel tasted nostalgia.

Following behind the redblood, the fleet-footed dancer whistled a tune, digging his hands into his pockets and studying his surroundings. The desert was a lot colder this time, and it was weird to think the last time he'd been there had been when he'd first met Etsali, Ephias, and Voscil. His tune switched from cheerful to wistful, and he released a long sigh. "Where are we--" "We're here." Zindel slowed to a stop, studying their surroundings and squinting at... Wait, were those weapons?! Was she going to try and hurt him?! "Place any belongings you want to keep safe here." "What." His throat suddenly felt very dry. "Uh." He was shocked stupid as she explained, leaving Zindel stunned. He glanced from the rock to the redblood, then to the gun barrel. "Uh, yeah. One, am I going to get hurt? Two, can I use weapons? I can use weapons right? And, three-- Why did you wake me up for this?!"

Doutei
User Image

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:13 pm
Quote:
HP: 20/20
Damage: 2 + 1 = 3
Military grade weapon: +1
Novice Offensive Style B: 1/1
Tevini is using her telekinesis!
novice offensive style B 2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 1x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after.

"Probably. But it won't kill you." Tevini responded, holding up a finger for the first question. There was no skirting around the fact that guns and weapons hurt. She had everything calibrated to be accurate but would be controlling the device to refrain from any lethal attacks.

"Yes, don't hold back." Out came the second finger. There was no point in testing this against an unarmed opponent. She wanted to see if it could hold up against an actual fight. It would suck to make the repairs but she felt like she'd bulked the devices up as much as she could for now. Checking how durable they were was important.

"As for why, well, I saw how well you moved on Superstar. Your reaction time is quicker than the average troll, which makes you a great help." She finished with three fingers out. Zindel had a strong dancer's body, not too bulky as to slow him down but toned enough to smoothly move around. He was graceful and moved with a confidence which would make him a hard target.

"If that's everything, let's begin. You can ask questions as we go along or at the end if you prefer." Tevini nodded and trotted into the circle of rocks. She situated herself at the helm of some controls with a small gap between rocks to watch and wait for him to get into position. At his first step she began with the gun sticking out of the rock opening fire!

quite uneventful

Doutei

quite uneventful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 am
Quote:
Zindel dealt 4 damage.

She was to the point and direct, answering his questions with an easy one, two, three of her fingers. Zindel wrinkled his nose in response to the first, but was mollified by the time she reached her last response. Zindel placed his chin between his thumb and his index finger, flashing a smile. "Aha, so you do watch me." He winked again, finding her reactions fun to instigate. He followed her lead to the rock where she told him to start, pulling out his pink, glittering jagged daggers from his pants with an easy smile. He twirled them easily waiting for her signal— And, gunshots.

"Yeah, I have some questions alright," He started, but was cut off when he began to focus on getting out of the way of said gunshots. Zindel avoided the brunt of the attack, feet leaping from place to place in an instant, rushing as best he could from the bullets. Unfortunately he could not avoid getting hit, and was grazed several times by spare bullets. At least none of them lodged into him— That would've been bad. "Uh— Why do you eat such s**t food?" He asked this while arching a brow at the redblood, wrinkling his nose. "I used to live off those s**t granolas—" Narrowly avoiding a closer shot, Zindel threw a dagger at the machine and straightened up a little, still moving. "They're, err, not good for you. Not worth buying. Why do you?"

HP: 20 - 3 = 17
      Military Grade Sparkle Daggers

Doutei

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 am
Quote:
HP: 16/20
Damage: 0
novice offensive style B 2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 1x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after.

"Well-" Tevini flushed with a frown at his little smirk, "-I watched all the acts! It was a big deal!" She bit her lip. There were many reasons she'd watched the show despite it being the industry she cared least about. Tevini was not into celebrity culture, or at least, wasn't until Cerpin's antics had forced her to need to pay attention. He was so good at causing trouble when she wasn't watching!

She'd better keep an eye on this one as well!

"They're not s**t. They contain the necessary nutrients." Tevini answered, as Zindel began his assault. Truthfully the question was so unexpected that she didn't quite know how to respond at first. Had the granola bothered him? She supposed she wasn't sure what Zindel's lifestyle was now. From his words, she understood he'd grown up as expected for a redblood, scraping everything he had together to get by. Perhaps he was offended by her offering now that he was famous, above that.

"It's simply economical. You can guess how easily Cerpin handles money. Someone needs to save where were can." The girl explained as she thought over their finances with a sudden glumness. He'd wounded her mental spirit well by reminding her that she needed to go over Cerpin's spending during the time she'd been away. That was a conversation she wasn't looking forward to at all.

"I understand your concern, though. I'll be sure to offer you something else in the future, if it comes up." She apologized.

quite uneventful

Doutei

quite uneventful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:06 pm
Quote:
Zindel dealt 3 damage.

"Necessary... nutrients--" He grunted, dodging a few stray bullets and managing to stay miraculously unhurt. He was keeping up the pace with the machine, which was impressive enough in itself. Maybe he was showing progress, strength wise. At her money mention, Zindel merely snrked. "Did you see how much promotion the club received during Superstar? He's frivolous but the money is a steady constant. I'm not saying to spend like he does, but--" He stopped for a second, narrowly avoiding a direct hit before diving to a safer spot to the side and grabbing a few bits of rubble, tossing them in the air. Maybe it wouldn't lock onto him with the dust? He wasn't any sort of engineer, but the machine had to have something off-- Hey, it worked! For a second, it didn't attack. He needed to make a dust cloud around him, even if it impeded his sight. "Maybe instead of saving, just set a specific amount of beetles for everything." Not that Cerpin would adhere to that. "Or, uh, hide them from Cerpin." Better idea.

"Also, if you're-- Ngh, the only one saving, it won't make much of a... difference, y'know?" Zindel tilted his head a little, flashing a smile at her and rolling away. Her words made him chuckle. "It's not-- not because of me. I don't really care what I eat." He could really eat anything. Garbage had been his meals for sweeps. "It's more for--" He stopped, tossing more sand up-- "It's because of you. You look like skin and bones. I also hadn't seen you in a while. Where'd you go?" Zindel had always been rather perceptive, and it was obvious from how often Cerpin called him that something had been up for a few months. It didn't take a genius to realize the old bartender was connected to it. He was curious over Cerpin's private life, and Tevini seemed to be the key to it all.

HP: 17

Doutei
User Image

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 pm
Quote:
HP: 16/20
Damage: 0

"He also spent a lot of money for Superstar. He doesn't understand limits and boundaries." Tevini grumbled, now distracted trying to approximate the costs so she could properly reply to Zindel. Her machine lurched as she pulled a lever to change it's state. He had only encountered one version of offense and she had many more that she wanted to try. Some mechanical sounds vibrated through the sand below. Something was down there...

"S-skin and bones?" Tevini paused, not expecting that comment. She didn't know he'd been looking at her body's condition. Was it because he was checking her out? Her bloodpusher beat faster again as her face turned red at the thought.

"I'm fine! I spent some time in NHC looking for the parts to make this." Tevini lied. Well it wasn't entirely a lie. She had looked into getting her hands on new technology while she'd been there. It'd been out of her price range initially but now that she'd had access to Cerpin's money again she'd managed to procure some. The real reason she'd left was too humiliating to bring up just yet.

"I didn't realize you'd notice. Was the replacement bartender inadequate?" The concern in her voice at this question was stern now. If Cerpin had hired someone lazy in her absence she wanted to know so she could fire them! Even though Tevini wasn't a huge fan of the club, it was still a point of pride for her to keep things running smoothly and customer complaints to a minimum. If they were going to do this they were going to do it right!

quite uneventful

Doutei

quite uneventful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-12)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:14 am
Quote:
Zindel dealt 4 damage.

"Yeah, that's why. Maybe, uh, hide it. You seem to be good at that," He murmured, gesturing at the machine and ducking out of the way as the machine stopped shooting. Zindel looked at the ground, but instead of dwelling on it used the time it was calibrating to speed closer to the front. He couldn't exactly see her face, but judging from the flustered sound of her voice, he might've struck something in her. It was entertaining. As she responded to his question about where she'd gone, he couldn't help but wonder where exactly in NHC had she been?! He lived there, and it wasn't like it was hard to run into someone there, especially with the steady stream of trolls beginning to move to Civisect. He was tempted to push, but that was knowledge he could get to in time, maybe.

"You must've found one jackpot of a place, because I had no idea there was this much artillery in all of NHC combined." He grinned a little, grabbing the dagger he'd flung from where it bounced to the side earlier and flinging it at the machine again. He twirled the dagger in his hands, shaking his head. "Not incompetent, just... Not you." Okay, that one was pretty cheesy. He chuckled. "Underworld is pretty much my favorite club. The cute bartender suddenly leaving will make a customer curious." He paused, staring up at ground again. "What even is this floor, anyways?"

HP: 17

Doutei
wink wonk *edited!!

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:21 pm
Quote:
HP: 12/20
Damage: 1 + 1 = 2

"C-cute? I'm not cute." Tevini's voice was definitely thrown off by the word. She frowned as Zindel distracted her with playful flirtations and was starting to question if he was taking this test seriously. She didn't find it reasonable for a person to call her that when she was actively dressing in work clothes and not putting effort into her appearance at all. The redblood's self esteem had never been high but especially after the fight with Cerpin she'd evaluated herself rather harshly.

"The floor is part two." The gears had shifted and finally raised her second defensive trap. Sharp long spikes raised out of the sand in a circle around the rocks. They were long like swords in the front row as well as mixed in with smaller shorter spikes. The idea was to make the terrain painful to cross and slow the invader down. It would be able to stay stored low in the ground until called upon. Luckily for her, one of the spikes raised up right underneath the other red blood. If it caught him by surprise it might knick his foot!

"Watch out." Her voice wafted over the rocks, as almost a joking warning from the lack of urgency in her tone. A second gun nearby started firing from behind the starting marker rock at him. It wasn't the most refined design but any workable space should be used, right?

"You'd best focus now or it'll really hurt."

quite uneventful

Doutei

quite uneventful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-12)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:44 pm
Quote:
Zindel dealt 7 damage.

Sure you are, Zindel responded mentally, but kept his thoughts to himself. Some trolls were too self conscious. He wanted to continue flirting, but had a feeling continuing would just rile her up, and considering the compromising position she had him in, he didn't want to have her make this harder on him out of anger or frustration. He'd tease her more later. When the spikes shot out from under him, the redblood hissed in pain, cursing and attempting to regain his composure but knowing very well it'd be harder to preform because of it, later that night. He hated spikes. The last time he'd dealt with them, it'd been because of a bunch of dumb rebels. There'd been flames and a lot of attacks, and it wasn't something he wanted to remember. He managed to avoid some of the spikes, but it was still hard getting through them and-- ********, was that another gun?! He should've expected this. "What the--" This could be lethal, it was like she was actively trying to cull him. Maybe she was??! "Are you <********> with me?!" He yelled at her, throwing his second dagger at her in attempts to get her to stop.
      HP: 17 - 2 = 15

Doutei

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:19 pm
Quote:
HP: 5/20
Damage: 5 * 2 = 10 + 1 = 11

'No, you've already got someone for that.' Tevini thought to herself as she reached to hit another button. Then suddenly, as if in response to her snarky internal comment, she felt a pain shoot through her shoulder. Looking down at it, her eyes grew wide at the sight of her bloodied arm.

"Hurts doesn't it?"

"Nooo!" Tevini cried out and the machine shook the entire area as the blades on the ground curled and lurched. Thankfully none of them broke off and went flying. Still, it was enough to scratch at Zindel and warp the machine's design out of alignment. Crouching to the ground, the redblood ducked out of sight and tried to regain control of the situation. She didn't want Zindel to see the panic on her face. Looking around she pulled at the machine with her powers to stop the blades from moving and struggled to catch her breath. Then, meekly, she spoke.

"Are you okay?"

quite uneventful
Essentially like an earthquake but just in the immediate area! the blades can scratch zin up as you like but aren't moving in a stabby motion, more like a slash, if that makes sense!

Doutei

quite uneventful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:26 pm
Quote:
Zindel dealt 0 damage.

The minute the redblood started yelling, he knew there was a problem. The ground suddenly started shaking, forcing sand to fly everywhere and Zindel to stumble and fall into the spikes, slashing and piercing his skin. The redblood cursed and yelled, tears pricking at his eyes as he stayed eerily still. He could not move. For a second, Zindel had passed out. Her question fell upon deaf spongenodes.

HP: 15 - 11 = 4

Doutei
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff