Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Platinum Currency feature Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:52 pm
Announcement
Platinum Currency FAQ

Seems we are getting some zeroes knocked off our gold count later this week, that is if you opt in to use it emotion_awesome
I can handle seeing fewer zeros that is for certain.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:07 pm
It would be interesting to try. However, do all the older accounts even get this setting, or just the newcomers that come to this site? I can't find the currency option anywhere after looking at all the general options list. Where is it? confused  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:37 pm
Princess Zelda21
It would be interesting to try. However, do all the older accounts even get this setting, or just the newcomers that come to this site? I can't find the currency option anywhere after looking at all the general options list. Where is it? confused

Gaia team hasn't released it yet. Apparently the feature will be introduced later this week. From what I can tell this feature can be used by all accounts, old and new.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm
Pwnder
Princess Zelda21

Gaia team hasn't released it yet. Apparently the feature will be introduced later this week. From what I can tell this feature can be used by all accounts, old and new.

Oh, ok. Guess I skipped over that part when I read the announcement. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Faiyde

Visionary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:29 pm
"Shroom replies to..."
Princess Zelda21
It would be interesting to try. However, do all the older accounts even get this setting, or just the newcomers that come to this site? confused

It's for all accounts. New accounts made after the change is implemented will be automatically set to Platinum.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:08 pm
Are we sure this will really fix anything, though? If the minimum amount that items can be sold/traded is now 10 million gold, doesn't that mean that we are just creating other issues? The item grants will supposedly be larger via platinum. So that means if you toggle between the two, you can grow your gold even faster. Sure, the zeros go down, but I feel like the economy is going to have a negative reaction to all of this.  

Raven of the Darkened Sky

Playful Phantom

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm
I feel this won't do anything but make it eassier to read (for a week max). It's how some countries beat inflation; make larger bills and declare that the new norm.

What worries me is new accounts. If they start with this on do they see zero the whole time (at least till first 10mill)? Nope. Economy is switching from one metal to another. A 5g item becomes a 5p item. All payouts will be platinum for anyone on it. Though it does have the effect of current players losing seven digits.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:32 pm
Hmm, though I like how it cuts down the zeroes, I'm wondering whether Platinum has some negative effects. I'm seeing some users say they're getting more money through platinum in zOMG. confused  

Anamosa Valentine

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:47 pm
Definitely some negatives.

Every post i have made thus far has generated 14 platinum. This post is likely to do the same. I am poor once again and only because of a friend am i even in the triple digits. That won't last for long though.

Everything in the shops cost 1p. I wonder if i switch to gold would i be able to spend fewer platinum or aree the prices going to be updated?

Edit: daily chance gave me 71 total platinum (710,000,000g) and i haven't even started selling my charms yet. 64 at one time. Welcome to the new age of inflation.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 am
Didnt they say they wanted to regulate the platinum flow?

Here some observations, mady by myself.

Lake Kindred got nerfed hard...that is, if you play it while having platinum currency. The output from trees is drastically lower. BUT, if you are in gold mode, farm trees and then switch over to platinum mode you can work around that nerf.
I dont know whether this is good or bad but I tend to say its more bad.

zOMG got boosted a lot. I farmed not even 30 minutes solo...it showed gold drops while in plat mode, I made ~250 plats. Which equals 2.5b gold! I cant compare actual numbers, but I think I would have gotten half of that if I had gold mode on.
Again, I dont know how this affects users overall, but I tend to say this is more positive (at least for our MMO).

In towns (towns 1, the old one), I visited 20 different places and shook all the trees I could find. Not one currency drop in plat mode.
-> Town farming has been for a long time and will be no option for me.  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:41 pm
Marc Gosgosh
Didnt they say they wanted to regulate the platinum flow?

Here some observations, mady by myself.

Lake Kindred got nerfed hard...that is, if you play it while having platinum currency. The output from trees is drastically lower. BUT, if you are in gold mode, farm trees and then switch over to platinum mode you can work around that nerf.
I dont know whether this is good or bad but I tend to say its more bad.

zOMG got boosted a lot. I farmed not even 30 minutes solo...it showed gold drops while in plat mode, I made ~250 plats. Which equals 2.5b gold! I cant compare actual numbers, but I think I would have gotten half of that if I had gold mode on.
Again, I dont know how this affects users overall, but I tend to say this is more positive (at least for our MMO).

In towns (towns 1, the old one), I visited 20 different places and shook all the trees I could find. Not one currency drop in plat mode.
-> Town farming has been for a long time and will be no option for me.

Are towns even still a thing? I thought we couldn't really use the old towns?

And yeah, I'm not sure if this is really doing any good. It is confusing. I'm hoping in a week or two the dust will settle and we can see a difference. As of yet... not impressed.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:42 pm
Xenar1
Definitely some negatives.

Every post i have made thus far has generated 14 platinum. This post is likely to do the same. I am poor once again and only because of a friend am i even in the triple digits. That won't last for long though.

Everything in the shops cost 1p. I wonder if i switch to gold would i be able to spend fewer platinum or aree the prices going to be updated?

Edit: daily chance gave me 71 total platinum (710,000,000g) and i haven't even started selling my charms yet. 64 at one time. Welcome to the new age of inflation.

I only got one plat today from posting. Looks like I missed the mass hysteria yesterday. Oh well. rofl  

Playful Phantom

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 am

And yeah, I'm not sure if this is really doing any good. It is confusing. I'm hoping in a week or two the dust will settle and we can see a difference. As of yet... not impressed.

Tbh, I did it only to try it out and possibly find a "new" way to farm plat fast.

I also tried and played all the other games on Gaia; nothing gets remotely close to zOMG-plat-mode or LK-gold-mode.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:16 am
Marc Gosgosh

Tbh, I did it only to try it out and possibly find a "new" way to farm plat fast.

I also tried and played all the other games on Gaia; nothing gets remotely close to zOMG-plat-mode or LK-gold-mode.

Good to know. I may switch to LK to bulk up my gold in the mean time...  

Playful Phantom

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Can't sell anything on the MP for 1G anymore, it will round it up to 10m. I wonder how this will effect the item that have always been sold for under 10m.

Bidding has not changed though, users can bid as low as 1G. I assume this only applies to those who have not switched to the platinum currency.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games