Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] The Start of Something New (Alumet + K'ienn)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 am
The duties of being the newest Goldrider had not been lost on Alumet in these first few weeks. Between Weyrling training, and Gold training, she was constantly busy, always going somewhere. Today, she had a want to familiarize herself with the records room. After all, she'd seen Olliah with her records...why not get to know the room herself? Beside her, Zenobiath moved slowly, almost dancing beside hers, with her tail moving to brush her Rider's leg. The two were never seen apart, really. A good thing, if you asked Alumet. They belonged together. Walking in to the records room was intimidating enough, really, but at the same point, she needed to get familiar with the papers. Beloved...Are you sure we need to be here? I WOULD rather be with my clutchmates...who knows what they'll get in to.

A smile curved full lips, pale blue eyes turning to look at the dark Gold beside her. Faranth, but she was starting to grow...it was odd to watch, Yes, dearest heart. We need to get familiar with the things that will be our duties when you get big enough. Adjusting the simple braid of her hair and straightening her tunic, she entered the room, amazed by the overwhelming scent of parchment. Well, this was...large. "Well, we have a lot of looking to do, love. Follow close."

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am
In the light of the records room glowbaskets he sat, a dark-skinned man with a determined frown upon his lips as he re-read the parchment for the third time. What am I missing?

Maybe the clutch records might prove useful? his bronze wondered from a distance, where he lay comfortably upon their weyr ledge.

He laughed somewhat derisively at the dragon's suggestion, leaning back from his bent reading posture and stretching. I know those by heart. No need to look at them again. A second stretch, and he ended the indulgent movement with a sigh and a neck-loosening shake of his head. He was quite relaxed, smoothing his silky hair with a comb of his fingers, when a young woman entered the room.

Almost automatically, he rose to his feet in deference to her. His brown eyes momentarily fell upon the hide of Zenobiath as she followed her rider through the doorway. Oh, he recognized these two -- the comely blonde weyrling and her golden dragon.

"Miss... Alumet, was it? K'ienn, of bronze Yisketh." He gave a gentle smirk and nodded toward the mess of scrolls on the table before him. "Pardon the disarray. Is there anything I can help you find?"

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:47 pm
Seeing someone else in here surprised her, a lovely man that she'd seen on and off around the weyr. He was a bronzerider....not that she could recall his name. All she knew was that he was lovely, and oh....in the moment he smirked, she flushed and bowed her head with a soft laugh, "Ah...K'ienn. Nice to meet you. I am indeed Alumet, and this here is Zenobiath." The tiny Gold trilled passively to him in greeting, more interested in nuzzling under Hers' hand. Even though he was a bronzerider, her attention would always be more on her bonded. What was the point of favoring another rider, "We don't mind the mess terribly, since we're not here to find anything in particular." Her eyes moved up and over the spectacle of paperwork before her, stunned by the volumes upon volumes of it all, "We're just here to learn."

To figure out the room on her own, she meant. Lithe fingers gently rubbed over Zeno's headknobs and eyeridges, listening to the sweet, soft sounds the Gold made when she was content. It was incredible, really, still. Her Gold. Her beloved, her heart and soul, there at her side. Though she had to remind herself in that moment that touching was off limits...at least of another person. Even if K'ienn was lovely...and looked like a bit of fun. Zenobiath was far more important than her natural inclinations, You and I are the most important, beloved.
As you say, dearest heart.

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm
Who are you talking to that is suddenly so interesting? Yisketh queried. He sounded a little annoyed that he couldn’t see for himself.

“Interesting” was one way to put it. The gold weyrling pair. His keen eyes hadn’t missed the beautiful girl’s blush. She was either shy, or was perhaps thinking about things that weyrlings weren’t permitted to think about. This particular girl, he knew, was not shy. She was less shy than he preferred, but perhaps if...

K’ienn felt Yisketh’s mental bristle as the cogs of his own mind began to turn, a vague sense of a plan forming. I don’t like it when you plan, the bronze complained. Can’t we just make friends for now and maybe enjoy a flight together when Zenobiath rises?

The flight… That’s just the thing, Yisk. You genius. Yisketh was entirely nonplussed by his rider’s response, prodding for answers with a questioning thought, but K’ienn had some company to keep. We’ll talk about it later, the man promised.

He gave his complete focus to Alumet, slowly tilting his head toward the shelves of scrolls and bound volumes without breaking eye contact. A small smile slipped across his lips. “Shall I give you a tour? I am fairly familiar with the records that you’d find useful as a junior weyrwoman.”

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:10 pm
He had an odd way about him, this one. He seemed to be reluctant to break eye contact with her, and in a way, she found it thrilling. She was used to men that were at least a little shy...well, aside from her brother, but he was more overt than this one. This one was...subtle, in an interesting way. It was very clear that Alumet was studying him, noting the way he smiled, the way he tipped his head, "...I would appreciate if you gave us a tour. Zenobiath would like to learn too, before I have to bring things with me." When she got too big. The elegant Gold curled her way around the table to sniff at him idly, before moving back to hers. A bronzerider was a good thing, but what were the odd feelings coming from Hers? And the images? They made no sense.

Before you, love, I liked to have flights of my own....though we do not go in to the air like a Gold or a Green.
Well, that seems silly. Nonetheless...He is interesting, I suppose. Though not terribly important right now,
No, I suppose not. Her smile was sweet in response to his own, meant to look shy and coy so that he might not take her at her full value. People always underestimated those younger than them...

Teiha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:37 am
Oh, yes… he had her attention now. And Zenobiath’s, apparently. He nodded politely to the golden hatchling when she came to him, glancing up to Alumet and flashing white teeth in a grin, delighted both because of her dragon’s unexpected greeting, and because of that beautiful smile the girl wore. It was… not an intended reaction. She was just that pretty.

The memory of another beautiful smile crept into his thoughts. Dark hair framing her face, soft golden eyes partially hidden under a curtain of long lashes, looking into his with tender affection... A wave of regret from Yisketh poured over him like cold water at the dragon’s half the shared recollection. He’d lost such love, too.

K’ienn cleared his throat, mentally shaking it off. That was all that could ever be now… a memory. The exchange only took an instant; it would have appeared that he’d just forgotten himself for a moment upon seeing Alumet’s stunning smile.

Strangely, he felt almost giddy after that little flashback. Tucking an arm behind his back, he executed a graceful bow to the young goldrider as if inviting her to dance. “Right this way, my dear.”

He led the way toward an aisle of bound volumes, careful to keep pace with Alumet, neither placing himself ahead or behind her. “This row contains supply records. Our own stores of food, medicine, materials, regular reports of past and current stock.” His hand reached toward another section of the shelf. “Tithe records. What we expect to receive from our bound holds, and what we actually receive… quality, quantity, timeliness. Disciplinary actions, if necessary.” There was the faintest hint of a snicker in that last sentence.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:05 am
Teiha

The young woman followed him as he began to walk. His bow had been unexpected, but she supposed that as a Goldrider, there would be a respect afforded her that she'd not had before now. Slowly, she followed, sticking at his side and studying the markers he placed, telling her more about what each row would have. Her eyes moved across each record, studying the binds of the tomes, taking in as much as she could. His laugh at the mention of discipline, however, got a raised brow, "Well, if they send us something that's not good...we need to make sure of why, right?" She vaguely understood this, trying to pay as much attention as she could in her lessons. At her side, Zenobiath made a tiny sound that Alumet had come to know as amusement.

I can not think of a reason I would want to eat a sick runner. It just sounds gross. The statement got the blonde to laugh, her eyes sparkling as she glanced down, "You and me both, love. Well, these records are certainly important. I kind of wanted a chance to look at Clutch records though..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:49 pm
K’ienn nodded at Alumet’s understanding of the tithing system, a slight twist of humor still tugging the corner of his mouth. Her laughter was so lovely to hear. “We need to make sure the reason, yes, but if they’re just outright refusing to provide their proper tithe… well, they must be convinced, some way or another, to part with it.” He gestured toward some of the oldest volumes, some of them hundreds of turns old. “You go back far enough, you’ll see some rather inventive tactics our ancestors used. Some of them are… pretty amusing.”

The girl’s desire to see the clutch records was amusing, too… and oh, so forward! Slow down, woman! he wanted to laugh. He settled for beckoning her toward a different row, walking backwards a few steps before turning toward his destination. With easy familiarity, he pulled the most recent volume from the shelf without needing to check the spines, and held it out to Alumet. The last entry would show the clutch from which her Zenobiath was shelled… and if she were to go back a few turns, she’d see some impressive clutches by his own Yisketh. He wasn’t planning to brag, but at least one of them was a High Reaches record, if she was into that sort of thing.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 am
Alumet took the record gently from him, her hand brushing his for only a moment. She had to fight the momentary thrill back, noting Zenobiath's curious trill. Slowly, she settled to sit beside the little dark gold. She felt a heavy head rest on her arm as she read, quietly. She pointed out the top one to her bonded, smiling at the proud croon from the female's lips. Her own's pride resonated in the pit of her belly, getting the blonde to scratch her hide gently. Her clutch, and all the prior clutches. It seemed that K'ienn's Yisketh had... Huh.

Those pale blues turned up to study him, like she was taking his measure, gauging his worth...in earnesty, it was hardly that. She was looking at his face, at the curves of it, curious. This man had a Bronze who'd sired such impressive clutches, it was a good thing, "Your Yisketh is a rather...accomplished Bronze."
So many...it is a good thing, yes, love?
"Yes, dear heart." This addressed clearly to her little Gold, but her eyes were quickly back to the man, "I'm glad to have run in to someone with experience down here." Were it not for Zenobiath, she might've been flirting. After all, K'ienn was attractive, in a rugged sort of way...but her hatchling was the other half of her, and, well. You just didn't toss that aside for a handsome face and a roll in the hay.

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:44 pm
The girl’s hand grazed his, almost like a caress to the man’s heightened senses. He watched with that half-smile as she read the book, flipping back through previous records until she found what he’d hoped she’d see. It was like a scene in a play, written exactly as he’d have done it himself, the way she looked at him… such intense scrutiny. He returned the favor, boldly looking back with a soft curve to his lips and just enough spark in his eyes to let on his awareness and good humor toward her study. If he was honest with himself, he’d admit that it was more than good humor. He was genuinely enjoying this little game they were both playing.

“Yisketh? Yes, I’m very proud of him. High Reaches gained another gold from his largest clutch with Fianth.” Yisketh’s own pride swelled in K’ienn’s mind, along with the bronze’s pleasure at being praised by his rider. “Sadly, Sharath and her rider didn’t stay here after weyrling training. It was a different world before Thread fell and took away that kind of freedom.” The man shrugged, then bowed his head slightly in a form of modesty as Alumet spoke again. “I’m honored to be of help. I take riding very seriously, including knowing the relevant records. Was there anything else here that you were interested in?”

If that last was meant to be a charged sort of question, there was no hint in his expression or tone to suggest so. Cool as the stone that formed the weyr, K’ienn was.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:25 am
Teiha

Oh, wasn't he just clever, this one? Her smile broadened a bit as her small Gold moved to twine a moment around his legs, and then turn to Hers, Why are you thinking about him like that, beloved? She asked sweetly, nuzzling her Rider's hand, Well, my love, he is rather pretty, isn't he. Worry not, you're lovelier still. After this small discussion between them, she offered K'ienn a slightly coy smile, eyes sparkling as she reached out to let her hand brush his again. This was a new game, one she was familiar with, one she enjoyed playing. One she could not see through. Her dearest Gold was far too important for that, "Well, if I did see something past the records...I think...It would have to wait, and this is more the pity."

Oh, he was pretty, and he seemed oh so proud of his Yisketh, which was nice to see, "Perhaps you can show me what records I might need to see, so that I can find my way about when it comes time for me to do these things on my own."  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games