Arriving in the dining hall, Z'rik followed V'mel in watching the weyrlings closely. Which ones seemed to know what they were doing? Which were struggling? Without judging, these were the kinds of things he needed to know going forward. He didn't subtract any points for now knowing something the first day. He would judge them on how they improved from here, and not by how much they knew going in. The dragons decide, after all. And the readiness of their chosen partner was something they rarely taken into account. Clearly.. He thought, his gaze gliding over their young Stands impression. But that was the dragon's right. What mattered now was how each of them chose to cope with it.

As he had finished looking over the weyrlings, he noticed his boss glancing over at him and Ashlyn. Though many may have seen him at the hatching, he had yet to make a formal introduction of himself to the new weyrlings. Guess that's our cue, Az.. he noted. Stepping forward, he lifted one hand in a slight wave.
"Greeting weyrlings. I'm Z'rik, I'll be one of your two assistants this turn, and a walking reminder of why you don't piss off V'mel." he joked, lifted his missing right arm a little.

That is a joke. V'mel did not cut my rider's arm off. Azmodioth felt duty bound to inform the young dragons, since at least several weyrlings in the past had actually believed him.

"The big, scary, looming bronze in Azmodioth. I'm sure you'll see him around. Don't worry, he mostly harmless. Just like his rider." he joked again, striking a somewhat friendlier tone, though his warnings were no less severe than V'mel's. Trying to think of anything he missed, he shrugged and added, "We're here to help, so if you have a problem, any problem, come talk to us. You may be afraid of getting punished now, but I can guarantee that when your dragon's dead you'll be wishing for those extra chores."
Anything else? he asked to Azmodioth.

Don't die. the bronze dragon said to the hatchlings.
Thanks for that, Az. Very helpful.
I promised your mother I would try to prevent it.