[PRP] Book Signing (Didero + Avvisi) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Avvisi waited eagerly with one of her lussi, Soh to be exact, in a line outside a bookstore. Apparently there was an event, a book signing, of quite a popular book, and Soh had not hesitated to drag Avvisi with her to said bookstore to get a signature from said author. Avvisi did not exactly need dragging anyway, first of all, she wanted an interview with the author, to really get an inside view on their work, and besides, Soh had been talking about the plot, characters, and story for days and Avvisi was looking forward to meeting the troll that had inspired one of her lussi oh so. Avvisi was too young to read some of the parts of the book herself, so Soh had sort of censored the book when she had read it to her tealblooded troll child, and Avvisi had quickly become a fan herself. The two stood in line, slowly making their way up to the table. Soh was gabbling to all the other lussi fans in line about the more scandalous parts, so Avvisi was not paying attention to her guardian so much. When they finally moved up in line enough to get a peak of the author Avvisi gasped, and pulled the book out of her bag, getting it ready. Soh let out a honk, and then fanned herself with her wings, a teal blush growing on her beak.

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:20 pm
Didero had always been a proponent of hard work. With enough single-minded determination, anything was possible! Self-publishing a novel was merely one of such possibilities. That said, having a lot of beetles helped considerably.

Didero's novel, Wings Jade With Murder, had, appropriately enough, taken off. Continuing the unintentional theme, the book had managed to find its popularity in the under-marketed demographic of literate lusii. Didero was left equal parts bewildered and ecstatic. He was officially an accomplished author. If the fact that the majority of his fans were incapable of speaking Alternian was indicative of his skill as a writer, Didero either didn't recognize it or didn't care. Pulp novels were still novels, and he wrote one. He wrote a novel!

Granted, the cover of the book proclaimed the author to be one Lanres Ampane. A pen name seemed like a reasonable precaution for an escaped convict to take when publishing a novel. Didero shyly waved off a request for a photo with his prettiest smile as he returned a now-signed copy of his book to a fan. His lusus, meanwhile, shuffled the line along with a lot of cooing and bluster--more than happy to take some spotlight from his charge.

Didero leaned around the line to get a better look at its length from his place at his table. He made brief eye-contact with Avvisi. For a moment he was shocked by her age, but then recognized she too was there with her lusus. Didero smiled pleasantly, though with a slight degree of embarrassment.

Micillia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Avvisi made eye contact with the prestigious author, and she blushed bright teal. Soh and herself moved forward in line, until, both too quickly and not soon enough, they were right in front of the author himself. Avvisi's eyes widened as she took in his charming smile, and more so yet, his sparkling eyes. She froze for a second, before Soh nudged her reassuringly, and the girl pulled out the book. "Hello, Mr Ampane," Avvisi started, even his name was charming. "Im Avvisi! And this is my mother Soh, we've been big fans of your book and we were so excited to um, come see you." Avvisi blushed a second, remembering the more scandalous things Soh had talked about in line with the other lusui. She quickly continued, "I mean, my lusus read the book to me! She, um, she censored out some parts see?" Avvisi tried to say quickly, she didnt want him to think she was weird for having such adult taste in literature!

Soh nibbled Avvisi's hair, a calming motion from the goose, and Avvisi regained her composure. "Could you make it out to Avvisi Quills, and Soh Honks?" Avvisi asked as she pushed her copy of the book forward. "And, Mr Ampane, sir, im a writer myself, just reporter like things and the like, and i was wondering if i could ask you some questions, for, um, for like an interview?" Avvisi continued, talking a little faster near the end. She oh so wanted an interview. Soh took a moment to tuck a lock of Avvisi's hair into her headband, and fanned the girl with her wing. The goose might have ideas of a set up, but Avvisi did not want to even consider that right now.

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:45 pm
Soon enough the child Didero spotted and her lusus reached the front of the line. "Hello Avvisi! Hello Soh. I'm so flattered you've taken the time to come visit me. Your support means so much." Didero's speech was practiced, but sincere. There was a slight break in character as Avvisi addressed the trunkbeast of his book's content. He had the decency to look slightly aghast, but recovered his pleasant demeanor easily enough. "W-Well! I'm happy my work can be enjoyed by all ages. I hope you still enjoy my work when you're older. It sounds like you've got a very caring lusus." Didero smiled brightly at Soh for extra measure.

Didero took the book from Avvisi and opened the front cover. With a hemotyped green pen he signed "To Avvii Quills and Soh Honks, with thanks, Lanr<3s Ampan<3" He then finished with a flourish of his symbol at the bottom. He blew on the ink to dry it the best he could before handing the book back.

"You are, are you?" Didero replied with the sort of bright intrigue reserved for children. "Well then. I'm not sure how long your lusus wants to keep you out, but there is a nice little cafe next door. This signing session should wrap up in, oh, say an hour?" Didero looked carefully between Avvisi and her lusus.

Micillia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Soh immediately honked and waved away any such notion of them leaving. Avvisi nodded, but did not translate fully what her lusus said. "Oh! We have plenty of time!" Avvisi gushed. "It would be no hassle at all!" She took the book and held it like a treasure to her chest. "Okay, we will be over in the cafe." Soh made some other honking noises, and Avvisi glanced at the greenblood before giving Didero smile. "Do you have a favorite drink or pastry? Its the least i could do. Ill have it out and ready for when you join us!" Avvisi looked at the line of fans, and waved it away. "Or, actually, ill ask you later." She said, a small apologetic smile on her face.

Soh made sure they chose a spot at the cafe in the back of the bookstore that had a view of the greenblood author. The goose craned her long neck, making sure to check on the boy every two seconds or so. She fluttered her wing in front of her bill, like an flirtatious English woman would do with a fan. Avvisi brought over two pastries and two mugs of cocoa. Soh would have preferred one of the more caffeinated drinks, but no way was Avvisi getting her one of those. The sugar was already pushing it. The goose quietly honked something to her child and Avvisi blushed again. "Soh!" Avvisi said, trying to be quiet and hide her flusterment. "When he gets here, please, please show i little restraint!"

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm
Didero chuckled at the antics of the child and her lusus. Eventually he waved them off and turned back to the line with a smile.

Within the next hour Didero appeared beside Avvisi's table, his own lusus in tow. Hatoful Dad puffed up upon meeting another bird lusus. With a flutter, he perched upon the back of a seat at the table. Coincidentally it was the one Didero had reached out for. Didero's faced twisted slightly, but he adjusted course and took the other seat instead. He smiled at Avvisi and Soh while Hatoful Dad burbled.

"Good evening, Avvisi! I hope I haven't kept you waiting long." Didero looked apologetic as he scooted in his chair. Content with his distance from the table, he folded his hands on its surface. "Now... What would you like to know?"

Micillia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm
"Oh of course you haven't!" Avvisi said, putting on her own dazzling smile. "Besides, this is worth the wait!" She said with a small wink, and the self control not to blush. She did stir her tea, her 3rd cup, and offered to buy the greenblood something. "Its the least i could do, since your going out of your way to meet me here." She reasoned, hoping to convince the older boy.

"Now," The tealblood said, pulling out her recorder and her journal, getting all ready. Soh, on time and in character, honked into Avvisi's ear and her professional demeanor faltered for a second. God Soh, why did she have to be such a... gossip goose! "Go talk to him then, if you want to so bad!" Avvisi whispered, glancing at Didero's own lusus. Avvisi cleared her throat as she pushed her lusus away. "Now, what got you into writing? What sparked this venture?"

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:53 pm
Didero's eyebrows rose faintly at Avvisi's offer of a beverage. He'd already recognized that she was quite precocious, and outgoing to boot. However he was just now seeing the degree to which Avvisi had her professional persona on lock. He conceded to an unassuming cup of black tea with cream and sugar. She was trying so hard to be taken as an adult, but Didero also didn't want to swindle a child out of her pocket beetles. He complimented Avvisi on her generosity all the while.

Didero's posture straightened, despite a camera not being among Avvisi's recording tools. He drummed his fingers across the edge of the cafe table. "Well now... I'd say I've always had an interest in writing. Since I was younger than you at the very least. It's hard to remember much of anything going back that far." Didero's gaze drifted to the ceiling.

"I suppose... My home has always been very loud and chaotic. I come from something of a large family." Didero cast the slightest side-eye to his lusus who seemed entirely oblivious. Hatoful Dad seemed far too concerned with fluffing up his feathers and rotating on his chair according to the movements of Avvisi's lusus. Didero did his best to keep the grimace from passing over his face.

"Being able to escape into books, or sometimes the library when I needed time to myself has always been valuable to me. Beyond that, to be perfectly honest, I enjoy the praise!" Didero tittered, "It's one thing to be complimented on something coincidental like how one looks, but writing is such a personal thing. It's like a distillation of one's true self. Connecting with people on that level--it's all very romantic, wouldn't you say?"

Didero's dreamy look stilted somewhat upon remembering he was talking to a child. He did his best to recover with a casual sip of his tea.

Micillia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:24 pm
Avvisi started out writing as Didero talked, but soon enough she was caught up on his words, how they seemed to come out as a song, how dreamy that was... A chaotic family, that sounded just so familiar. Her eyes slid to the one of her three lusus that had accompanied her here. He escaped into books! It was so romantic, seeking a world outside his own and then writing about it and making it his own. And then sharing it with others. Oh and his writing was so personal! She had read his personal writings. (Or some of it, Soh slipped up often enough, but not at the best parts.) She watched his eyes as he spoke and she felt her plumpbiscuit seem to float.

"Yeah," She said dreamily. "Its so very romantic." The tealblood noticed herself staring and she coughed, trying to get back to being professional. "It really comes through that way, the personal feel, its obvious that your poor a lot of heart into your writing." She blushed as she tucked a loose hair back into her headband. "Well, your writing has a trait of intimacy, do you worry your fans take it too far? Or have they been manageable?" Avvisi was acutely aware that she was, in fact, one of those fans.

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:13 pm
Didero beamed at Avvisi's validation. Spoken word was a much less forgiving medium than writing, but he seemed to be doing alright. Didero didn't have much experience with speaking to trolls younger than him. It wasn't as though he had many friends his own age when he was a child himself either.

It belatedly crossed Didero's mind that an interview might not be a typical example of interacting with a youth. Didero managed to blanch only slightly at the word "intimacy." "W-Well..."

So much for being well-spoken. Didero felt himself deflate, but tried not to let it show. He was busy trying to form an appropriate string of words. He cast the briefest glance to his lusus, who was unhelpfully puffing up his tail feathers and preening.

"I- I can't say that I've thought to worry too much about that sort of thing!" But he most certainly was thinking about it now. "On one hand I'm flattered by the thought that my writing could be so... so captivating. And that one would equate such strong emotions with me personally. It's every writer's goal for their work to exist as a testament to who they are as a troll, a- after all. Wouldn't you agree?"

Didero remembered the rest of the question as his brain caught up with the present. "Th- Though to go back to your question, ah, writing under a pen name has helped maintain my privacy, I believe. Plus I'm not so popular as to have intrepid fans digging that far into my identity." Didero tousled the back of his hair and smiled gently. The cold sweat really built up fast. He was lucky he was self-published. He could change out his identity if the wrong sort of people started snooping around.

Micillia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 am
Her eyes had stars in them as she continued to watch the handsome older troll. If the greenblood did happen to falter, she hadn't noticed in the slightest. She saw Soh, her goose lusus, dip her neck in what she knew was a goose flirting technique to Didero's own lusus. She ignored it. Of course Soh would flirt when meeting the lusus of the author of such a romance novel. It was probably her idea of a story book meeting.

The tealblood immediately put her attention back onto Didero, and nodded as he mentioned "captivating". She was captivated. "Yeah of course!" The tealblood said in response to his question. It was less of an actual question, but she wanted it to be aimed at her, so she took it that way. "I see, understandable, especially as you continue to grow in fame, its a good idea!" She would know tho, she was special. Avvisi cleared her throat, she needed to get on track! Just because her interview subject was dreamy, did not mean she could let herself get swept away. "Another question; are you working on another book? Whats it about? Is it going to be a sequel to the one you have just released?"

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:35 pm
Didero had begun to to find Hatoful Dad's shameless fluffing embarrassing. He tried to elbow his lusus as casually as possible. His hand just sunk into the feathers while Hatoful Dad acted like he hadn't felt a thing. Didero wiped the pout off of his face in time to acknowledge Avvisi's next question.

Her eagerness to learn and compile information reminded Didero of his childhood self. Did he used to be this bubbly? It felt like such a long time ago. He felt a little jealous of Avvisi and all her energy.

Didero laughed and raised his hands in mock defensiveness. "I was wondering when that was going to come up!" Based on the turnout from his book signings it was the question he could understand in the most animal dialects.

"I'm afraid I can't give away too many of my secrets. However I hope I've made clear that writing is my passion as much as it is my night job. I'll most certainly keep turning out books." Didero's expression turned coy. "What do you think? Would you say there's more left to tell in Anasta Dhumra's story?"

Micillia

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 pm
Avvisi giggled to Didero's coy comment. "Well i can tell you many a troll and lusus are on edge waiting for the next chapter!" She wiggled in her chair. Yes! More of Anasta's story. "Most defiantly including me!"

Avvisi grinned sweetly, trying one last time. "Are you sure tho? No hints or sneak peeks?" She tried her "young bark-beast" eyes. "Quench a little bit of that thirst your fans have?" And herself. She wanted more. But weather it was about his book or just him she wasn't sure.

Soh looked a little frustrated with her perfect fairy tail romance meeting not going exactly how she had planned. Avvisi knew the goose's next move would be to play "hard to get". To waddle away with once glance behind her wing, one longing glance. That meant Avvisi didn't have much time. She tried to give Soh an encouraging look, if anything just to buy her more time.

seekingCylem

Micillia

Dapper Duck

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:12 pm
While Didero initially had his reservations about a child Avvisi's age reading his novel, he was easily affected by praise. He beamed and cooed under the positive attention. "You flatter me!"

The one-two punch of compliments and begging clearly hit its mark with Didero. He waffled visibly. His impulse control wasn't strong even under the best of circumstances. It was hard to tell if he was making a show of his indecision or if he was actually that dramatic.

"Well..." His snaggletooth worried his lower lip. "I suppose it wouldn't be revealing too much to say that not everything is going to be candy and flowers for Anasta and her matesprit forever. There wouldn't be much of a story there!" Didero leaned in slightly and held the flat of his palm up to his lips in mock conspiracy. "Especially when other quadrants start getting involved." Didero leaned back and winked with a smile.

Micillia

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces