Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] a new world of magic (chester & jeremiah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 pm
Jeremiah had made the offer and, when told he would have to set it up himself, had done so. Said offer was helping the beings and creatures of this world - the real world, other ashdown - as they decided to settle upon residences within the city proper.

At the moment he was sitting with what looked like small sprites (if said sprites were made out of bits of metal and mechanical bits) on a bench right outside the Court. There was a notebook in hand as he nodded while they spoke to him. What speech could be heard was high-pitched and rapid, almost like metal grinding.

"I think," he replied after a moment, checking a map of the town that was laid out next to him, "that you may be interested in this particular area if you're wanting to settle in town. I can show you, if you'd like? We can make sure it fits what you're looking for." It was also a matter of making sure that where they settled would not impact their world as well, as big changes could be reflected.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 pm
Chester had come to Court, not to choose a place to live, though moving to the otherworld was certainly intriguing in theory, but to scope out a less permanent spot that he might call his own. An office of sorts. He wasn't sure he even really wanted one, but with Preacher's duties promising to keep her a regular visitor to this place, he thought he should at least entertain the idea.

As he approached the Town Hall, it wasn't Jeremiah who he noticed first. It was the sprites, their screeching and clinking familiar to him on a much smaller scale. He had seen a number of very strange creatures at last year's ball, but never any like this. Finally noticing the noble's presence as he tried not to stare, Chester gave him a small smile of greeting and a clipped nod, pausing a short distance away so he wouldn't interrupt.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm
Jeremiah glanced up from his notes and inclined his head in greeting. A proper wave would be given once he was done speaking with the small creatures. Their clinking and screeching continued, the silver-haired man nodding in agreement.

"Well, please let me know when you decide. We're going to be keeping track of this, so let me know of any way I can be of assistance." His fingers flicked then, another smaller version of his map offered out to them. They took it, quickly darting off to a spot not that far away and settling to look at it.

Then Jeremiah actually waved over at Chester in greeting.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 pm
"Hello," Chester said, voice low so as not to disturb the nearby creatures Jeremiah had been assisting. He couldn't very well ask about them, not when they remained fairly close, but he was still clearly intrigued by their presence. "I'd heard there were changes in the Court, but I didn't quite expect such bustle."

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:52 pm
"It usually isn't," admitted Jeremiah, "but with the Court being more openly accessible to everyone there are some of the beings of this world wanting to congregate nearby." The corner of his mouth twitched upward as glowing eyes glanced towards the creatures and then back to Chester.

"We had wanted to foster a sense of community, so I am hoping that this is just the beginning of that."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:23 am
Fostering community. It was a nice, long-term plan if you were a noble. Right now all Chester cared about was himself. He nodded anyway.

"I sometimes forget that there are creatures here who don't dislike us on principle. Things have changed. I hope they continue to." He shifted his bag, contemplating just moving on. It was a rather defeatist thought, easily pushed away once he told himself going at this alone would get him nowhere.

"Am I keeping you?" There was no point in starting a lengthy conversation if Jeremiah was busy.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 pm
"Most don't dislike visitors but they're certainly wary of them. Fostering any kind of relationship with them is not easy when, sometimes, we're only brief moments." There was a shake of his head, Jeremiah clearly thinking about the fact that not everyone had the chance to do so- Not when their lives were only the one cycle (or as long as they were aware of this world and part of it).

Another glance was given to the little creatures and they seemed to be bickering amongst themselves. "I've some time at the moment as ... they're trying to figure out if they want to move to the scrap yard right on the outskirts."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm
"I know an excellent garbage dump," Chester said with a chuckle. "But I have a feeling that suggesting they live near one might be an insult." He shrugged faintly. "There really are some useful scraps to be found there... but I digress." From what, he wasn't sure. Probably talk of his impending demise.

"I'm sorry I didn't try to get in touch sooner, but things have been busy. I wanted to tell you about my visit to the library."

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas